Start by marking “Unbreakable” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable

Read Book

Unbreakable

Alex Gardener has her life planned out, down to the smallest detail. She has a skyrocketing career as a litigation attorney, a close group of socialite friends, and is engaged to one of the most successful businessmen in Beverly Hills. Everything is just as she wants it: comfortable, predictable, secure…if lacking passion. Fire.

Cory Bishop is a struggling working man, try
Published February 24th 2015 by Trillian

Bibi
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In broad brushstrokes, Unbreakable tells a story of forbidden love between, Alex, a wealthy lawyer and Cory, a down on his luck single father.

They meet under high pressured circumstances during which, and due to Cory's hero complex (Jung would have been proud) Alex has an epiphany which, with domino effects, proceeds to rearrange fundamental aspects of her life.

Overall, hypnotic and emotional.

p.s. Seeing as I've read 4 ES books in succession, one thing of note is the lukewarm sex scenes (which
Christy
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4.25 stars!

photo IMG_3115_zpsspgexcgc.png

I love every single book Emma Scott puts out, and Unbreakable was no exception. I can honestly say I haven’t read another romance book like this one. I loved the unique setting and it legit had one of the sweetest and most swooniest heroes I’ve ever read about!

Alex is an attorney. She’s called the ‘shark-lady’ for a reason. She’s savage in the court room and always gets the job done. Cory is a single dad who works in construction. He’s sweet, caring, and handsome. The odds of these
Robin Hill
I just finished my second read of this book and I loved it even more than I did the first time. I missed so many little things then. Cory is everything. THE perfect H. And while I really tried to take my time (this time), I got to a place yesterday where I just couldn't.

The audio for Unbreakable is in the works, as is a newly edited e-book and paperback, complete with a beautiful new cover. If you've saved Scott's earlier works for last, you're in for a real treat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Didi
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, romance, his-pov
Alexandra Gardener had her whole life mapped out. A successful trial lawyer with a reputation for being ruthless, but the best, a fiancée well established as she is, a beautiful home and friends surrounding her. While waiting on the verdict of a case that can ultimately send her career into the stratosphere, Alex becomes caught in a bank robbery gone bad.
Cory Bishop is an honest, hard working guy desperate to make ends meet in order to support his daughter and ailing father. Although attracted
Emma Scott
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
New cover, new editing, new bonus sexy times content!

Amazon US: http://bit.ly/EScottUnbreakable
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/EScottUnbreakable
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars (and all the stars for Cory)

Emma did it again!

She made me stomp on my triggers and beliefs! There are a few things that I can’t stand in books and they are big “no no” for me but here well, it was the exception to the rule and I won’t say more. That makes it twice in less than one year (remember the love triangle “thing” in The Beautiful Hearts duet?).

How does she do it??????

She made me fall in love with her story.

I realize once again that I am all over the place trying to write a
Jean
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the whole premise of this one!

Alex is a well-known trial lawyer known to many as the "Shark" and has her life pretty much planned out. Obtain partnership at her law firm, marry her college boyfriend, and live out the American dream.

But as you know, one event can put a lot of things into perspective. And that what was it took for Alex to take a step back and reevaluate her life and goals.

Cory......God damn Cory.....can you say perfect? Single father, working hard to build a construction b
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Well this is a little-hidden gem from Emma Scott, I think this is my favourite book from her after The Butterfly Project.

A highly driven and successful woman in a passionless relationship, plus a super kind and sexy, hardworking single dad meet under some extremely terrifying circumstances. I loved the build up of their relationship, I enjoyed the angst and the journey that Alex went through as she comes to terms with the fact that her life has just turned itself on it's head.

A perfect & ent
Rachel
Yiota Misiou
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Άλλη μια όμορφη ιστορία από την Emma Scott. Αυτό είναι το τέταρτο δικό της βιβλίο που διαβάζω και επιβεβαιώνει για άκομα μια φορά την άποψή μου για τη συγγραφέα. Το ταλέντο της να δημιουργεί μοναδικές ιστορίες είναι αδιαμφισβήτητο.
Έτσι και Unbreakable δεν αποτελεί εξαίρεση. Είναι μια πανέμορφη ιστορία που έχει πολλά να πει. Οι χαρακτήρες ολοκληρωμένοι και αξιοθαύμαστοι. Ειδικά ο Κόρι , τόσο υπέροχος, τόσο μα τόσο ξεχωριστός. Δεν μπορείς να μην ερωτευτείς μαζί του. Θέλεις να τον πάρεις αγκαλιά κα
TheresaDK
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bookreader87(Amanda)
🤔

2.5 stars rounded up because I do like this author.
You have Alex a big shot lawyer who is known as a shark lady in the courtroom. She is following in her father's footsteps and is looking to make partner with her firm. She has been in a 6 year relationship with her fiance Drew. Her life is all planned out. Then there is Cory.
Cory is a journey man. He works in construction and is working to get his GC. However, life is not that easy for him. He is struggling to make ends meet at a job where his
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Review to come but another lovely read by the awesome Emma Scott

*advanced copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
Kate's Corner
3.5 Stars

Overall an original story with great characters that keeps you hooked no matter what.

I love Ms. Scott’s writing and here it is no different. I just had one major pet peeve although I was more lenient about it but all the way through the book she was still engaged until the very end. It bothered me admittedly not as much as it should have but still.

Cory is an absolute saint. He should have tossed her sorry arse to the curb sooner but you know love is a fickle thing. But he did leave wi
Kahea
***4 Stars***

That was intense, but that ending was so worth the roller coaster of a ride Cory and Alex’s journey took me. It was sweet, frustrating, anxiety inducing and smexy as they both survived a life altering experience and took a good, hard look at their lives and what they truly wanted out of it.

I loved Cory. I did. Here is a man who’s had a rough life, but is doing everything in his power to make ends meet. He’s sweet, stubborn and has a really good heart. Alex. I ended up loving her,
ImJaclyn
*** 4.5 Stars! ***

*ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review

This might be on of my favorite Emma Scott novels ever! I loved Alex and Cory's story so much! The two are involved in a bank robbery/hostage situation that changes their lives forever.

Alex is a successful lawyer with a lavish lifestyle. She is engaged to another successful lawyer but is feeling unfulfilled in her relationship due to a lack of passion and intimacy. Cory is a struggling single father trying to keep custo
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Alex): 1/5
Hero (Cory): 4/5
Plot: 2/5
Grovel: who cares…she deserved to spend the rest of her life with her boring fiance
Cheating: yes – h has a fiancé and she fucked the H
HEA: yes but what is the point in having two epilogues when both are only set a couple of months after the ending??
Triggers: cheating

Average score: 1.5/5

Best Line: “Pops once told me that a life without integrity wasn’t worth living.”

Worst Line: “Is
Becca - ★Wicked Quests of a BookNinja★

Blog review

5 ’Again’ Stars

Emma Scott is a true poet. Her words are the biggest treasure we readers could ever get. And shame on me, but it was the first time I’ve read this book while I had many chances to get into it. But now, I’ve been hanging on every words. I wouldn’t want to miss a thing. Emma Scott has a talent to put a spell on her readers, and this time, it was no different. I really, truly love her words and with Unbreakable, I’ve fallen in love all over again.

description

Cory is the dreamiest hero
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh how have I not read this book before now? It’s absolutely beautiful and I’m in complete awe of Emma and her words. Holy wow.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Alex and Cory’s story was much more than I ever expected. Both of them are suffering in different ways and being thrown together due to a bank robbery has all their doubts rolling out and bringing them closer in a nightmare situation. Watching how these two deal with the aftermath of being hostages is what I loved the
Shari Kay
Jul 09, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
(view spoiler) no respect, man

Haidoulina
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5- stars.
One more story by Emma Scott that I loved.... I love the worlds she creates through her stories.... Plain and simple...
I loved Cory so much... He's a man who doesn't give up even in the worst of situations.... He's passionate in everything he does...
I really liked Alex, even though I wanted to hit her upside the head some times to make her see things more clear but at the same time I could understand her struggle... How can a person give up a secure, everything plan out life for somethi
Heather Ross
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful book from Emma Scott. I think I've definitely found a new favourite author.

I defy anybody to read this book and be able to put it down. I found myself cursing anything and everything I had to do that took me away from Cory and Alex's story.

The way their relationship began was harrowing and amazingly written, with moments of almost unbearable tension. But what I really loved about this book was that it didn't end with the end of the robbery in some grand gesture of love. The a
Nstefa
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!! Ohhhh I loved Cory!!! I felt for Alex and understood why things happened but also disappointed with the way she treated Drew even though he seem to care!! But Cory and Alex are definitely a perfect match!!!
Alexis
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read by the uber-talented Emma Scott!!
Mel
4 stars!

Alex is a successful attorney who seems to have her life mapped out with a great job, fiancé, and friends. Then the unthinkable happens and she finds herself in the middle of a bank robbery gone bad. For three terrifying days she is held hostage and it’s during this intense and traumatic experience that Cory enters her life, knocking it off kilter in a way she could never have imagined.
The future that had always been so crystal clear to me was now a murky haze, and I was scared beyond a
Anne OK
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I'm a big fan of Emma Scott and her writing. But UNBREAKABLE is the least of my favorites. There was just something missing in this story that didn't quite gel for me. I loved Cory -- Wow what a hero and bless his heart for all he had to endure. Alexandra was a bit of a mess in my opinion. I understood some of her responses to certain things, but then on the other hand, I think there were better ways to handle them. These weren't teenagers or even early twenties. These were intelligent adults. I ...more
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Unbreakable had some pretty good excitement, very attaching characters, and a story that hurt my heart a little bit.
Kim
3 and 3/4 stars, rounded up. I had a hard time connecting with the h (Alex) at first. She was a workaholic, rich, powerful to the point of being a cutthroat, and seemingly okay with living a superficial, empty life: friends, family, and fiancée included. Things started to turn during the time being held hostage, and even more so in the aftermath of that. I liked the h's character development, and the struggles she had with it; the changes felt almost organic. I loved Cory from the get-go. I love ...more
J
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
The beginning of this book was great. The ending of this book was great. The majority, the middle, was long, angsty and skimmable (exactly what I did).

The H/h are strangers that meet in a teller line at a bank in West L.A. Then masked robbers with guns storm in, and take the customers hostage and start a bank robbery attempt. The police arrive before the robbery is successful and a multi-day hostage situation develops. The H/h are thrown together, they bond, she notices his handsome "plump" lips
Stormie
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am so bummed with this. I really like Emma Scott's books a lot but this had things in it that I really really dislike in stories. The first huge one is cheating. There is a lot of cheating in this and I don't care that Alex's fiancé and her had issues or what was going on. Cheating is cheating and I hated how long it went on in this story.
The first almost 50% of the book I read so quickly through. I enjoyed the intensity of it and understood how people's behavior became extreme in life and de
  • The Playmaker (Fire on Ice #2)
  • Always
  • Black
  • Love, in Duology: The Love in English and Love in Spanish Bundle (Love, in English, #1-1.5)
  • Marrying Ember (November Blue, #3.5)
  • Orange Blossom (A Flowering Novel, #5)
  • Skydreamer
  • Three Rivers (A Gateway to Love, #1)
  • Under the Northern Lights
  • The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)
  • To Dance One More Day
  • The Absence of Olivia (Love and Loss, #1)
  • Riversnow (River Valley #4)
  • Lioness of Kell
  • Waiting for You
  • Love Survives (Love's Suicide, #2)
  • The Black Lotus (Night Flower, #1)
  • Cease and Desist (The IMA, #4)
Emma Scott is a bestselling author of emotional, character-driven romances in which art and love intertwine to heal, and in which love always wins. If you enjoy thoughtful, realistic stories with diverse characters and kind-hearted heroes, you will enjoy her novels.

RECENT RELEASES

In Harmony

Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts #1)

Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts #2)

COMING SOON

A F
“He held on. Weakly, struggling, in agony, he held on, drawing upon the great reservoirs of love and bravery I knew he possessed. He held on for his little girl. For his father. And I liked to think that maybe, if only a little, he held on because I refused to let him go.” 2 likes