Start by marking “Lumberjack Werebear (Saw Bears, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lumberjack Werebear (Saw Bears, #1)

Lumberjack Werebear

(Saw Bears #1)

Painter, Brooke Belle, is running from her past and hoping that a few weeks in a quaint country cabin will bring her artistic muse back from the brink. But when she lands smack dab in the middle of Asheland Mobile Park, she’s sure there’s been a mistake. Not only has her mentor rented her a dilapidated mobile home in the middle of nowhere, but the trailer park is filled wi ...more
Published February 23rd 2015

Start your review of Lumberjack Werebear (Saw Bears, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
DNF #81 @ 41%

Because bored.

So, so, SO bored.
Jilly
So, I'm looking at my categories to shelve this and I noticed I had a shelf called "bear shifter smut". Nice! Very convenient. And, if you would have told me that I had this shelf, I would maybe have called you a damn filthy liar. Just because I'm a jerk, not because I thought you were lying.

If you are thinking to yourself: "you know, I just want to read a book series about a bunch of lumberjacks who live in a trailer park and turn into bears and find their true loves."
But, you are also thinkin
Jacob Proffitt
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This was better than I expected though not by a lot. It's a romance novella, and that should have been my first clue that it wasn't going to be a good fit. I'm not a huge fan of novellas in the first place, and particularly not for romance. You just don't have enough space to develop an adequate romance in so short a work. And yes, I know that's personal taste.

Fortunately, also in personal taste, you have the yummiest alpha that ever strode confidently through the forest, master of all he survey
Penny Watson
Mar 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute story. I liked the beta-ish alpha werebear. (Oh sweet irony! A beta alpha...get it? Hee hee!)

1. It's Paul Bunyan. Not Bunyon. Please make sure to spell Paul Bunyan correctly if you write a lumberjack book.

2. If I see "lumberjack" in the title, I'm hoping for wood-chopping and axe slashing and some lumberjacky action. Didn't happen. Sad.

3. I am intrigued enough to possibly buy #2 in the series. We'll see.

4. I liked the sex scene! Perfect for Vanilla Penny...not too hot, not too cold...just r
Delta
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Bear shifter romance fans
Krystal Shannan
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Good PNR

I liked it. Maybe a little heavy on internals, but really good story. The world building is cool. The way the bears behave with each of is unique.
Denisa
So short!

I didn't look at the number of pages when I decided to read this, so I was surprised at the fast pace of the story.
It was a cute one, short and to the point. Maybe a bit too short, I wanted more explanations and details when it came to the new world, but still, it was nice. Nothing special, just a cute Sunday morning read.
Enjoy! :)
Ava
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodread-2016, pnr
Really, I didn't want to read a single book of this series. The title, the cover were a bit too much. Not until I saw one of my friend reading it, then another one and another one that I thought maybe I'm missing something here. So here I am done with the first.
I really really like it why :
- I just spent a few hours reading this one, was it a novella? Not for me. Short indeed but I don't know if it's because of the writing, the plot or because it's a thin book.
For me, it's a thin book, a story
Victoria
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Erica Paré
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brooke and Tagan's story is the first in this bear shifter series. This was my first book where the shifters werent filled with the typical feline shifteres such as lion or wolf. When we start out the book Joyce sets out the whole setting with lots of descriptions of the place. You can really picture what you are reading. When we meet Brooke she is trying to find herself again after a negative incident. When her friend sends her to the place where she meets Tagan. There is some background betwee ...more
Hollie
Lumberjack werebears......yes please!!

This story starts with a woman going through a rough time in her life was sent to a "resort" by a friend to get her mojo back. Well, this resort turned out to be a trailer park surrounded by a group of big, strong but also sweet lumberjack werebears. This made our heroine the trailer park princess. The story was quite predictable but made for a cute shifter read. I really liked the personalities of the werebears and will read more of to see how thin
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
I’m traveling a lot and need something fun and not too heavy to read.
- I think I like this take on shifters.
- I adored all the male shifters.
- She is the kind of woman that made me avoid f/m romance for fifteen years. I wanted her to grow a pair. She was just short of ditzy. I don’t like ditzy unless they’re funny. This chick was not funny. Her trauma was hard for me to swallow as something so mind altering.
- I am curious where this writer is going to go with this world.
Jen
I read the Wolves of Winter's Edge series by Joyce and decided I'd work my way through her original works. This book (novella length book, really) was okay. The story starts off strong. A human stumbles upon a trailer park of werebears by the intervention of her muse.

The characters of the park are fun and extremely likable, but I feel like the story lost it's way towards the end. The pack held my interest though, so I'm stuck reading the next book to find out what happens next! Sometimes it's h
Kodie Mackay
I'm really enjoying these quick reads.
This just like the others is a fast paced shifter romance with all the trimmings. There's definitely some angst, some humour and a good portion of loving. The main characters are likeable with great chemistry and lots of potential. There's a good mention of secondary characters so you already have an idea who's story is next and you have a feel of them personally.
I cant complain it gave me exactly what I wanted from reading it. If you've read any of T.S Jo
Chappy
This book started out really strong for me but lost a little steam at the end.

The build-up between Tagen and Brooke was really hot. Most of the other lumberjack werebears were great and I look forward to their stories. Connor was a jerk and I didn't like how that situation ended.

I don't understand why Brooke had to (view spoiler)
Leigh
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Really short, but ok if you need something to read for about an hour.
Amanda
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a super quick easy read for me that I really enjoyed and I plan on binge reading all of T.S. Joyce's books in the upcoming weeks.Lumberjack Werebear has some hot sex scenes and playful banter along with great characters making this a series to check out if you love shifter romances. I'm really excited for kellen and all the others guys' books 🐻 ...more
BookishStacy
This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it! Short, fun read and the narration was good. Will read more!
Lynsey A
Recommended by a friend on Twitter. I enjoyed the book. Will definitely look into the rest of the series and other books by this author.
Tiblu
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Wanted : the Missing Protective Alpha Males that abandoned our h :(

When I 1st finished this story I was all set to give this rather bland story 3 stars for its lackluster plot and underserved and mainly underdeveloped characters ..... Honestly I'm really sick and tired of being short changed on short stories,just because it's less word doesn't mean it has to have less depth... Whether it's 50 pages or 500 doesn't matter that a complete and interesting story, characters can be interesting and wel
Laurie
I was banging around on Goodreads one night looking for a quick and fun shifter book when someone recommended T.S. Joyce. From the title of Lumberjack Werebear, I had the feeling this was going to be either really bad or really fun. I was pleased to find that this was a surprisingly good little book. It wasn’t all fun and games but had some action thrown in which made me a happy little camper.

An artist, Brooke is broken and lost after being attacked. When her mentor suggests a getaway to help fi
Sheena
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my gosh. So, this was my first book ever by TS, though I already owned a few by her, just hadn’t gotten around to them yet. Let me tell you, that was a big mistake on my part! I LOVED this book and her writing so much, that I don’t feel I could properly explain how much I loved it. Words fail me.

This book does contain a bit of “insta-love”, which anyone who knows me knows I loathe…but this book pulls it off seamlessly! Normally, regardless of how much I like a book, the insta-love type of th
Megan
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining from start to finish

This was a sweet story with a lot of healing, individual evolution, an endearing cast of side characters, a little passion, and a whole lot of heart.

As much as I love it when a Change happens and the Changed fully accepts with wonder and a firm sense of reality, not underestimating all the challenges they'll face, this instance of Change was very different and, dare I say, better. The way Brooke felt at that moment and then what she realized needed to happen and
Geeky Girl Review Cafe
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Worthy of Her Bear

This was my first book by TS Joyce after a friend recommendation, what an introduction for sure!

I enjoyed the pack dynamics and very much enjoyed the guys' interactions with Brooke (well most of them...there has to be a bad guy after all)

I'm a bit conflicted on my feelings about how the Challenge and Turning went...and the dub con feel of that Turning. Of course we get the HEA, so all's well that ends well.

I will try another book/series from TS Joyce again soon!
Darcy
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, audio-book, pnr, shifters
I liked this one, found it to be an interesting take on shifters, but I do wish we could have gotten more of what was going on with the other shifters, they were only mentioned in passing. I also wished that we could have gotten more of the history of the group.

Brooke's story broke my heart, but I did like too see her so out of her comfort zone when she first arrived. Tagan was perfect for helping her find herself again and to be strong.
Notorious Book Tease
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good PNR read

This is the first in the Saw Bears series. It is just a brief introduction to the characters of the series. The heroine stumbles into the world of shifters, but ends up gaining strength and insight from her ordeals. The H is an alpha, but this book is more about overcoming and change than your typical “alpha guy romance”.
Sassafrass
*3.5 STARS*

I really liked this one. It was short yes, but I enjoyed the whole werebear/lumberjack combo. I wasn't sure why Tagan had to be werebear when his mom was an artist/mentor. I felt like that needed more development. But other than that, I really liked the plot and the characters and I am looking forward to more books in this series.
Krista
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awww, what a good story with some heart. I was pleasantly surprised at some depth for the "shifter" world and really enjoyed it! A bit insta-love but gosh, when you know you just know, right?
Tagan is super hot, tops on the consideration and compassion scale, just a sweetie.
Heather Gilbert
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast but fun

A very fast read with little build up, but it’s still fun and nice in a fated sort of way.
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
Was a sweet read, it go from point A - B Quickly characters were nice enough, it a good quickie..
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Hard Landing (Rocky Mountain Smokejumpers, #1)
  • Rancher Bear's Secret (Rancher Bears, #4)
  • Kristin (Hope Valley BBW Online Dating App Romance, #2)
  • Dragon in Love (Forgotten Dragons, #5)
  • Nathan (Strauss Bear Shifter Brothers of Colorado, #1)
  • Defended by Darkness (Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds, #2)
  • Beck: Winter (Shifter Seasons #2)
  • Bought by the Billionbear
  • Rancher Bear's Desire (Rancher Bears, #5)
  • Max (Club Crimson, #1)
  • Alpha Contender Boxed Set
  • Killian (Silverback Redemption #3)
  • Beary Secure (Polar Bliss #3)
  • Andrea (Hope Valley BBW Dating App Romance, #4)
  • Dragon Whelps (Earth Dragons, #3)
  • Dragon Next Door (Forgotten Dragons, #1)
  • Melissa (Hope Valley BBW Online Dating App Romance, #3)
  • Felix (Club Crimson, #4)
T.S. Joyce is devoted to bringing hot shifter romances to readers. Hungry alpha males are her calling card, and the wilder the men, the more she'll make them pour their hearts out. She werebear swears there'll be no swooning heroines in her books. It takes tough-as-nails women to handle the shifters of Bear Valley.

She lives in a tiny town, outside of a tiny city, and devotes her life to writing bi

Saw Bears (7 books)
  • Woodcutter Werebear (Saw Bears #2)
  • Timberman Werebear (Saw Bears, #3)
  • Sawman Werebear (Saw Bears, #4)
  • Axman Werebear (Saw Bears, #5)
  • Woodsman Werebear (Saw Bears, #6)
  • Lumberman Werebear (Saw Bears #7)