Start by marking “Beyond the Red Mountains” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Red Mountains

Beyond the Red Mountains

When fate brings them together it creates more questions than answers…Will Kelvin get enough answers in time to help free his home from the evil man who rules it
Published June 2nd 2015 by Morgan James Publishing (first published March 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Red Mountains, please sign up.
Greg Johnson There is light romance, but no sex and drugs. It was written for young adults and I have always thought the story is appropriate for anyone 13 and up.…moreThere is light romance, but no sex and drugs. It was written for young adults and I have always thought the story is appropriate for anyone 13 and up. (less)

Start your review of Beyond the Red Mountains
Phil Leader
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon, reviewed
Kelvin has lived all his life in the city of Triopolis, a peaceful place between the mountains and the sea. After all there are no other towns or civilisations on the planet, not since the Dark Days when everything changed.

Kelvin's first clue that all might not be as he has been taught when he discovers an old book warning about a mysterious figure called Luther who seems to have been carefully erased from the history of Triopolis. And it is clear that he is not the only one who is aware of secr
Donna Chadwick
Janet Angelo INDIEGO PUBLISHING
One of the gold standards of good fiction writing, particularly in the fantasy fiction genre, is whether the author is able to imagine and create an entirely new world and populate it with unique characters. Greg Johnson has accomplished this in his book Beyond the Red Mountains. The action moves forward from the first page to the last, and as each scene unfolds, the author's writing is just descriptive enough to spark your imagination as you envision this world. He is a natural storyteller, and ...more
Hayley L. Morgan
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my review in any way and the thoughts expressed are my own.

This fantasy book’s blurb described Elizabeth and Kelvin, who grew up in two different places and are drawn together by fate. Though it was clear they were in two separate places it was confusing exactly where they were in relation to each other. Over the chapters, it was clear that each lived in a city on either side of
Greg Johnson
May 07, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Read this review from Deanna Francis of Windy City Reviews: tinyurl.com/l7yygx4

Gregory A. Johnson. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, March 29, 2014, Trade Paperback and Kindle, 512 pages.

Reviewed by Deanna Frances.

Beyond the Red Mountains by Gregory A. Johnson is a fictional fantasy adventure novel that follows the lives of two different protagonists that eventually meet and blend their stories into a captivating tale of adventure, friendship, and love.

The novel begins by telling the
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
A book that combines both adventure and fantasy by creating a story about men and women, who are living in a time after the downfall of modern technology. Humankind has rebuilt itself by the gifts of two groups, which control the behavior of the remaining population. Gods are believed to have walked among humans in the past and to have created a massive kingdom. Outside the kingdom is a world of chaos and destruction. Citizens are taught that the land is filled with savage beasts that live off o ...more
Emily (Infinite Lives, Infinite Stories)
I won this book on a Goodreads giveaway.
I think the only thing I enjoyed about this book was the cover. The cover is absolutely gorgeous; however, I wish the story was just as extravagant. One reason why I disliked this book so much was the constant change in point of view. There are SO many POV's that it makes it difficult to get back into the story once you figure out who is really thinking this or that. I wish there were less. The book would have been much better if it were limited to only tw
Emiley Allen Bowes
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS Two towns, each thinking it is the only civilization, find there are others on their planet.
Amazingly involved and developed characters. Left on a cliff hanger, will Kelvin find and rescue Elizabeth from Luther's evil clutches? Can't wait to read the next book. Thanks to goodreads for the ARC
Brice
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book has, in my opinion, a very unique writing style. I like how the book starts by introducing each character with small details about their personality, and I especially like how the story takes off.
Katrina K
Aug 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads win. Will read and review once received.

The cover of this book is absolutely beautiful. THe book was a well story. I would recommend it to anyone. I loved all the twists and turns throoughout the book. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Jack Murphy
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kelvin, a fisherman,lived his whole life in the city of Triopolis, a peaceful place between the mountains and the sea. The people of Triplolis think they are the only civilization on the planet.

Kelvin's first clue that all might not be as he's been taught when he discovers an old book warning about a mysterious figure called Luther who seems to have been carefully erased from the history of Triopolis, but there are others who are aware of these secrets.

Elizabeth, princess of Westville is locked
Margaret Chadwick
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Author: Greg Johnson
Title: Beyond The Red Mountains
Genre: Fantasy, Fiction, Young Adult

Synopsis: Kelvin and Elizabeth grew up in different places, both taught they were the only people to survive the dark days but they start to question this when they begin to hear strange tales that suggest otherwise. When fate brings them together it creates more questions than answers. Will Kelvin get enough answers in time to help free his home from the evil man who rules it? He hopes that following his anci
Tony Parsons
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Prince Richard had asked Elizabeth to marry him as he slipped the ring on her finger.
She was now Princess of Westville.
Fast forward, what did Elizabeth suspect of Richard’s & Albert Karlson’s (wealthy cloth merchant, Squire) rendezvous?
Lord Edward Rosser (Captain King’s Army, Head of the Kings Guard) questioned Jacob about it also.
Kelvin Drake, & Henry Walker (40+, Francis’ son) were fishing & had met in Triopolis.

What where Lord Rosser & Henry fighting about?

How did the Red Mountains get its
Emily
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I felt terrible it took me so long to read this book. I got it just as I found out I was pregnant and basically became semi narcoleptic for 9 months. I didn't want to blame the story for my inability to focus.
There are good characters and the idea is interesting. Some of the events were enjoyable and I liked the world... but that said even after waiting until my son was born to continue reading this, I still had trouble focusing on the story and continue reading.
I also had no idea when I signe
Destiny C.
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I really like this book, it is very well written and has a story that keeps my interest. It is set in a fantasy world that continues to have twists and turns as the book goes on. The places the characters encounter in the story are all unique and governed differently, which gives the world variety. There were definitely a few surprises I didn't expect, leaving me dying to know what happens next. It is like a mystery, and as you learn more about the world, the more questions and mysteries arise. ...more
TheHangryBookDragon
I won this in a giveaway, so thank you to everyone who made that possible.

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my new book to see that the author has signed and personalized it. What a cool guy.

I will admit, this book and I had a rocky start. There was info dumping and some telling, not showing. It got better when the two MCs meet. The plot and action pick up and we meet lots of different characters along the way. There were twists and deaths that I did NOT see coming. And beware, there was
Kyrianna
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway!
First off I have to send a HUGE thank you to Greg Johnson for personalizing my book. It makes the experience reading the book that much more personal for me.
This is amazing. I really liked the characters and the plot of the story. The way that it ended makes me think that there is going to be a sequel and if so I am DYING to read it.

For My Full Review Click The Link:
Nancy
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cool-reads
Goodreads giveaway.

I loved the adventure in this book. I loved that it wasn't focused on a single character there where different perspectives and that made the book interesting. I could not put down the book it was fascinating to live in that world. I think the closest era that this book can be associated with is the dark ages (Medieval period). Seclusion from outsiders and distrust of foreigners that sort of thing. I highly recommend this book if you like adventure and magic. RECOMMENDED.
Kelly
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-winner
I won this book in exchange for a honest review &... I loved this book! It is everything an adventure book should be! My only critique is that this book is more of a YA book & the gay lover may be a little much for young readers. Also it isolates you from a whole group of people who do not believe in this life style. Other than that it was a fantastic read & I can't wait to read the next one! ...more
Booklingcritics
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a whole new world~
Theresa McEachern
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. I would read it at work and while in bed, it was great. Made my day.
Dawn Wells
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing a superb fictional read
Kelli
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for middle school kids. I enjoyed reading it and enjoyed the creativeness of a new world. I love fantasy so it was a fun read.
Christina
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, 2017
I got this book through a Goodreads Giveaways and it was excellent. I am looking forward to getting the next book in the series. I loved the character development and anything fantasy with some adventure is perfect for me to read. I actually handed it over to my teen as think a teen would like this book also!
Ms. Reader
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
I received this book from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review...

When I received this book in the mail, I immediately started reading it. I have a large collection of books that I have won from Goodreads First Reads, and I try to read the ones I have received first. I couldn't help but start this book ahead of the dozen (or so) other books that I have waiting for me. I have to admit, the cover of this book is beautiful and intrigued me greatly. The brief description on that bac
Jinx:The:Poet {the Literary Masochist, Ink Ninja & Word Roamer}
**OBTAINED: Goodreads Giveaway**

Beyond the Red Mountains, by Greg Johnson, was a very unique fantasy story with plenty of excitement, well thought out characters, and a fascinating plot. Here is how the book blurb describes it.

"Kelvin and Elizabeth grew up in different places, both taught that they were the only people to survive the Dark Days—but they start to question this when they begin to hear strange tales that suggest otherwise.

When fate brings them together it creates more questio
Brittany
Sep 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
I won this book from Goodreads/author in exchange for an honest review. I was excited to have received and won this book. The cover is really cool and the description matches what I normally read. Unfortunately, this book was very boring. I could not get into it. I picked it up and put it back every few pages. It just drags on for me and the characters aren't very likeable. This one isn't for me.
J Johnson
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic, a real page turner.

It's always a risk to read a new author, but finding a new favorite is worth it!

The book is well written, the story is well rounded, and has lots of twists and turns. I found myself having a hard time putting it down....I read the whole thing on a return flight from Europe!
Catherine
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads.

This was an OK book. The first part of the book was hard to get through, but after the first 75-100 it got better. I like how it alternated between the different point-of-views.
Kayleigh
Mar 22, 2016 marked it as to-read
I just received my Giveaway copy in the mail (fast delivery!!!) so I will do a full review after I read the book. :)
Trailer for Beyond the Red Mountains 1 2 Sep 15, 2017 01:26AM
Sequel released! 2 2 Feb 27, 2017 02:54AM

• The Ghost and Little Marie (Haunting Danielle #15)
  • The Ghost and the Doppelganger (Haunting Danielle #16)
  • Lean on Me (Family Is Forever, #1)
  • And the Stars go With You
  • Christmas at Rosie Hopkins’ Sweetshop (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, #2)
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • The Life She Was Given
  • The Ghost of Second Chances (Haunting Danielle #17)
  • Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)
  • Rain Song (Heart of Carolina, #1)
  • Six Years
  • Love Muffin and Chai Latte
  • Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year (Wise Woman Herbal Series, #1)
  • Watermelon Days and Firefly Nights: Heartwarming Scenes from Small Town Life
  • Saving Grace (Safe Havens, #1)
  • Winterwood
  • Pearl
  • Letters of a Woman Homesteader
Greg Johnson is a graduate of Michigan State University and works in sales. He was inspired to write by watching his young stepson make the transition from a boy to a young adult. As his stepson asked questions, experienced new emotions, and began to develop stronger relationships with friends, Greg thought a story would be a good supplement to the lessons he and his wife were already teaching. Th ...more