Start by marking “Anguish (The Journals Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Anguish (The Journals Trilogy, #1)

Anguish

(The Journals Trilogy #1)

My name is Quinn and in one night my life changed forever. I lost not only part of my family, but also a huge part of who I was. Struggling to make it through each dark day, uncertain of everything in my life, I’m barely living just existing until a professional suggests I start writing down my thoughts in a journal.

My journals help me muddle through the personal and emoti
Published May 11th 2015 by D. M. Earl (first published May 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Anguish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anguish

Start your review of Anguish (The Journals Trilogy, #1)
Selena Lanovara-scott
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I being generous giving this a 4 Its short and quick read. Its basically a Novella of whats to come. I was interested in finding out what happens. So much unknown to see how this unfolds.

Invisible Alex: Alchemilla Hospital 1 photo Hospital1_zps1c4efc94.png
Melissa Burcham
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I was given an ARC book set for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS ; WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE AND ADULT CONTENT

This book was a great book! Once I began reading it, I couldn't put it down. I finished this book in the same day. It definitely made me want more because it ended way to soon!

Quinn has been through HELL. She is living one day at a time constantly looking over her shoulder. She has been to numerous counsel
Johnnie-Marie Howard
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
The story starts of only as a 1 person POV but morphs into a 2 person POV which really helps sell the story you get 2 sides of what happened. It's a MUST READ short story, that will have your knees weak with anticipation, jaw hanging open at all the shock factors of the story over-all. The shock factor of the story is just amazing. The amount of time and details in the story are really worth the read!! you can tell the time the author took to write something so great. It only took me not even a ...more
Momma Hellmouth
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
This story is so intriquing, and heartfelt leaves me wanting more. The life that Quinn lives through it's surprising she isn't more broken. Stone has me wanting to see him take charge, and yet wanting him to be soft and loving.
I look forward to the next book so that I can see just what happens next, and what lies ahead for Quinn and Stone. I'm excited to see what kind of rollercoaster ride D.M. Earl plans to takes us on.
I had the priviledge to recieve an ARC for my honest review.
(reviewer with
Nancy Huddleston
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Journals Trilogy #1Anguish by D.M.Ea broke my heart. The character of Quinn is a brave and courageous woman. She is the type of character you root for. I just loved her. No matter what she faces, you feel her emotions and her hope. I can't wait for the next installment. ...more
Karen Voitik
>Book Review – Anguish

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 1st in the Journals Trilogy and ends with everything all up in the air. Quinn and her sisters survived an attack by their cousin, Walker. Walker and nine friends murdered her parents and raped and tortured Quinn. Quinn remembers seeing a man with green eyes watching through a window. Over the years, Quinn takes to journaling as a tool to function in society. She owns a bakery and her sisters live on a farm.

>Quinn’s panic att
Rebecca Austin
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-blood
Quinn suffers from anxiety attacks ever since an event happened 10 years ago that has left her haunted and battered and emotionally destroyed. She color codes all of her emotions into different journals and feels that is her safe outlet.

Yet all of her peace is destroyed in an instant when Walker finds her and is looking for something that her father had. Now she must decide whether she wants to run again or fight back.

But when a mysterious person from her past comes back she needs to figure out
Tiffany Landers
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I gave this awesome story a five-star rating because it just has all the elements needed for a great romantic suspense: a troubled heroine (Quinn), a sexy male (Stone), a best friend (Ivy), and an evil man who is bent on destroying Quinn's family. I was captivated on page one of the prologue. Such statements as these really piqued my interest:

"How the f*ck did I end up like this; afraid of my own shadow, living isolated from the entire world?"

"Since the day that 'It' happened, the only thing tha
Jenique Bornman
HOOKED FROM THE START.
This book held me captive from start to finish. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
It's been a while since I've been so emotionally invested in a book. Quinn is a brave woman and the traumatic event that she went thru still gives me nightmares.
The way D.M. Earl paints the picture of that event with her words made me feel like I was there like Stone watching in horror.
Stone is the perfect protector. But I must say I started out not really liking him because I
2OCC Reviews
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
There's not a whole lot to say about this book. It is a pre-book so to speak and really made us understand Quinn and also get to know stone and both of their motivations, for what I'm assuming the next books will entail.

I liked it. We find out about everything that happened and darn was it heartbreaking! I won't go into detail but DANG is all that I can say. I can't wait to read the others.

I love the covers to this series. Once you read this book you will see what I mean, but I loved it. It rep
Denise
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a explosive opener, that would be this one. The mad writing skills of this author to reel you in with Quinn as the character that does it. She is one woman that represents what strength and fortitude are like. When you are taken through what she come out of you cringe and cry but also anger at the source of her pain. How this is all opened by the intrusive visit of her demented brother is the start of you being in for the long haul of this trilogy. The shining star was when you find o ...more
Juliana Ignácio
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not an easy story to read, it's a real rollercoaster of emotions, since it deals with really dark subjects, but it's very well written.
Quinn lives her life one day at a time, having suffered a major trauma in the past. And when the past returns to haunt her, she is willing to get her revenge and protect her family. For this, she relies on the help of Stone, who has been watching her since the terrible event of her past.
I look forward to reading more about these characters.
This is a great
Kim  Brewing
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is book one in a trilogy and I would say this one focuses on the past.

Quinn along with her best friend, Ivy run a bakery. Quinn works out back creating the goods while Ivy takes care of the front. Quinn suffers from panic attacks and is very closed off. She has been looking over her shoulder for years and when we get the details of why...OMG. There is someone that was there and he returns to her present. What follows is page turning. I can't wait to jump into the next book.
Chrissi
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this book !! This book doesn't pull any punches, but is raw and gritty.
One night changes Quinns life forever, in ways that would break most, Quinn finds a way through the pain and manages to salvage some sort of normal life. What she doesn't know is her past isn't finished with her just yet, and when her worst nightmare resurfaces, Quinn is about to discover that many secrets have been kept from her. Who can she trust?
Paula Genereau
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. I loved it. Kept me asking for more. I definitely will be doing a re-read soon.
Carissa Janes
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a quick short story that set up a good beginning. It gave us a background and I can't wait to read more in the next book! It should be hot! ...more
Heather Vaughn
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read. It is well written. Quinn is a very remarkable woman. This book keeps you wanting more.
Kim
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: alpha, m-f
So far, all I can say is I liked it, but I feel like very little happened in this book and the good stuff will be in the next book. It's like it was just an intro to the characters. ...more
Susan Sager
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a gifted copy in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 STARS

Anguish is quite a thriller of a novel, and it is just the beginning of the trilogy. The story starts off explosive as the past collides with the present. Quinn relives a part of her past when a certain person comes back for a visit. Scared, she fights back and doesn't realize that a stranger she never met but dreams about has been watching her for years.

The story line has quite the conflict involved. Quinn must protect herself
Pam
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it

Oh my.... I don't know where to start. The prologue sucked me in with a few questions. Who is the "him" that was involved in the "it" and what the heck happened to this poor girl.

Clearly Quinn has some issues as a result of some horrific event from her past. She seems to be barely coping but at the same time moving forward with life the best she can. This strong woman is making something of herself at the bakery. When things slowly start coming to light an
Sara Oxton
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anguish by D.M Earl a breath-taking five-star read. This is the first book in the Journal Trilogy, and it kicks off with a bang. The book does contain scenes of violence and sexual nature so isn’t suitable for all readers. This is Quinn’s story about how one night changed the course of her life and her family’s life forever. A therapist told her to start a journal after the event to write her feelings down to help her decide what to do with them. It does help and she has been able to put most of ...more
Karen Hrdlicka
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read a couple of other books by this author but I was totally unprepared for the emotional rollercoaster Anguish threw me into. Quinn's story is emotional and jarring. The night that took part of her family and changed her life has had her on the run from someone who was supposed to be part of her family. Little did she know that even though she's been careful and living under the radar, someone has always had her back.
The chemistry between Quinn and Stone is undeniable but the timing is
Angela  Vetor Owens
Wow...just Wow!!!

An amazing written book. So much emotions packed into a short amount of time. You feel the emotions of each person in the book. The horrific things that happened to Quinn and how she tries to overcome that night, was point on. From the nightmares, therapist, journals, and sexual encounters without feelings was point on. As for green eyed man, the guardian angel, you want to be angry at him until he explains some things and then you want to say thank you God for my protector! DM
Lynne Garlick
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my days!!

Wow!! Where do I start? I love this author and love her Hogs and Wheels series.....so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this! It is so different and so much darker than the other series but no less flipping awesome! Seriously, my heart was in my mouth from the first page and I feel slightly beaten by the speed of this book, but my days!......I cannot wait to start the next one which is waiting on my kindle......Go one click this if you haven't already!
Ms. Mystery ☔️
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an intriguing, thriller novella. Quinn is a tough, foul-mouthed, hardened woman dealing with a vicious crime from her past involving her psychotic brother. A man steps out from the dark shadows of her life and reveals that he has been protecting her since the scary incident and there is a fiery connection between them. The book keeps you wanting to turn the pages and see what happens next. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
January Apted
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Started and finished this book all in one day. I was hooked from the start the part that still sticks with me was when Quinn tells Ivy what happened to her. I loved meeting Stone and can't wait for more of him and Quinn in the next book. ...more
April Johnson
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I can't imagine going through what Quinn did. I couldn't put it down. Love the characters and the storyline. Can't wait to see what happens in The next book and does Quinn and stone get together. Thanks DM fore letting me read this book. ...more
Tracy
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story has a great base but I think for the powerful back story it didnt bring out the emltions it could have. I still wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next.
Cathy Jackson
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
OMG! My heart ust hurts. My emotions are just strung.
Quinn is remarkable. I'm so sucked into this story.
Thanks
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
May 22, 2015

• Deamhan (Deamhan Chronicles #1)
USA Today Bestselling author D. M. Earl spins stories about real life situations with characters that are authentic, genuine and sincere. Each story allows the characters to come to life with each turn of the page while they try to find their HEA through much drama and angst.

For the latest news and updates on books and upcoming releases, you can subscribe to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/newsletter

The Journals Trilogy (3 books)
  • Vengeance (The Journals Trilogy, #2)
  • Awakening Book # Three (The Journals Trilogy 3)

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...