Start by marking “Dandelions for Dinner (A Farm Fresh Romance #4)” as Want to Read:
Dandelions for Dinner (A Farm Fresh Romance #4)

Dandelions for Dinner

(A Farm Fresh Romance #4)

She hates him. He loves her not.

Men are weeds. Allison Hart doesn’t need them in her carefully tended life, though her friends at Green Acres seem happy with their guys. Why can’t Allison open her heart to anyone but her young nephew? Then again, he’ll be a man one day, too. If only the irritating contractor in charge of building her home and farm school wasn’t the boy’s f
Published March 3rd 2015 by GreenWords Media

Barbara Thompson
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
This is my first book to read by Author Valerie Comer. I was totally impressed with her writing. She made the storyline come to life for me, which made me block out everything and become immersed in the book. I enjoyed the storyline and characters, even had many emotions as I was reading this book. This is a great book written by Author Valerie Comer and a fantastic pleasure to read. I highly recommend reading Dandelions for Dinner.

I received a complimentary copy from the author. This review is
Ellen White
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
DANDELIONS FOR DINNER by Valerie Comer. A Farm Fresh Romance # 4
Allison arrived early at the communal farm waiting for the contractor, it wasn't Patrick, someone safe. Allison was definitely unhappy. Everyone said it would take longer, she needed to get school up and running . She kept everyone away till, she got Finley, and then realized she had baggage also. She needed to let others in, and what about the other contractor, Brent.
A cute story, of love, and letting from others happen. Given ARC
Audrey
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

I love the way Valerie writes the nitty gritty details and always includes the natural food! These beautiful people who inhabit Green Acres demonstrate Jesus’ unconditional love and are transparent with each other in a way I wish could be my way. Transparency is not one of my strong suits, but as I continue to read this series, I’m learning and growing. Who would’ve thought a story like this could change one’s life? Enjoy!
Amy Davis
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i liked it
Margaret Fisk
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Originally posted on Tales to Tide You Over

The reason I like the Farm Fresh Romance series is because of how real the characters feel to me. They are people dealing with issues and concerns I can imagine facing myself, and they don’t always have the right answers or do the right things.

Dandelions for Dinner lived up to those standards despite a rocky beginning. While I found the time jumps in the early section a distraction, the characters drew me in, and as the story unfolded, I knew I’d found
Sarah Ruut
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Allison has decided to join a group of friends who live as self-sufficiently as possible. Much of what they do is new to her, but the simplicity is appealing. While some may thrive on the busy city life, I am likely not the only one who can relate to Allison’s appreciation of their quieter life.

While hobby farming doesn’t seem to be a common quest, the friends in Dandelions for Dinner make the idea not only possible, but intriguing. What would it take to produce most of your food needs right on
Emilie
The female characters were, as usual, deeply into each others' business. I don't like that aspect. I am interested in the sustainable living and taking care of the earth. I appreciated that the author added characters of color.

This book had an anvilicious pro-life message. A minor female character who got an abortion was no longer able to have children because the abortion "messed up her insides." In a previous book, a main female character needed to get a D&C because she miscarried, but in
Paula
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a horrible childhood and bad example of what a marriage is, Allison has sworn off men forever. Her parents have died, her sister is on drugs and toting her young son across America on the slightest whim and Allison has bought into the Green Acres community farm. The company Allison hired to build her house and the school she is going to teach has sent Brent to be the foreman of the job. Allison and her chilly ways is hard to work for, but the few times Brent sees her vulnerability he can't ...more
D.J.
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Allison Hart means business. When she becomes a full partner with the other girls at Green Acres Farm, she arranged for a home for herself and a school to be built. The school was for the classes she planned to teach.

How did she know that Patrick, the man she made the arrangements with, would send a young, grouchy, dastardly-handsome-looking man to supervise her project.

I don’t want to give anything else away, so if you want to know what else happens, get the book and read it for yourself — and
Martha
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was wondering how Ms. Comer would bring the next part of this series into play and she did it with finesse. This is the story of two people, Christians with flaws from their pasts. Allison seeks to protect herself from hurts by putting up walls, wearing bland colors and keeping everything under control. Brent throws a wrench in her world by changing things up a bit. I enjoyed how Valerie wove a story that was in keeping with the first three books, while dealing with rough issues like abuse, pa ...more
Linda Rainey
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dandelions for Dinner is an especially good romance in the Farm Fresh series.The book flows around the backdrop of Green Acres community farm.
Valerie gives us two good main characters, man hater Allison and Brett the Christian contractor with a past.
and we meet previous characters from the series but the book can be read as a stand alone.
You will fall in love with the characters, Finley and Maddie and all the farm animals..
Romans 8:28 is a recurring theme throughout the book.
My favorite passa
Tina at Mommynificent
I find it rare for a series to get better and better, but this one is doing just that. I thought this was the best book in the Farm Fresh Romance series yet! I was a little leery going into it as I wasn't sure about adding to the original three female characters, but the author made it work and more. I love how these books are not only sweet romances but contain themes of sustainable and simple living as well as growing in Christ. This one deals extensively and really well with themes of forgive ...more
Linda Husvar
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Allison Hart was a newcomer to Green Acres Farm whose self-sufficiency attitude conflicted with the communal life-style of the other residents. We saw some intense character development as Allison learned team-work. Both Allison and Brent struggled with trust, forgiveness, and friendship. The author did a wonderful job of portraying the horror of child abuse and trauma as Allison's nephew came to the farm. I loved the way the characters learned to grow in their faith. I was privileged to be an e ...more
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A few months ago, I picked up the first book in this "Farm Fresh Romance" series. I was hooked on the Christian living and the closeness of friends. Valerie Comer's fourth book in this series certainly does not disappoint! Outsider Allison Hart joins the gang in their common business interest. She never really thought she would fit in. Her life certainly takes a twist when you add two other people to it. This was a book that I couldn't put down or read fast enough.
Katherine
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Allison was a new character introduced in the last book briefly. We continue to see all the characters at Green Acres farm as Allison struggles with learning to be a part of the team and how to be a mom. While Brent and Allison have to work through the twists and turns of their relationship (one big one which I didn't see coming!) they both learn how to trust God and each other in a well written story.

I listened to the audio version of this story.
Ann
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another delightful read in this series from Valerie Comer. It was once again enjoyable catching up with the characters and their lives in Green Acres Farm and getting to know Allison and Brent on their journey to finding love and becoming part of this unique and wonderful community. This is another wonderful combination of romance and faith from this author that I definitely recommend. I am really looking forward to the next book in the series.
Mandy
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't sure if I would like this story as much as the previous ones because I wasn't as familiar with Allison as I was the other girls. But her story quickly pulled me in. I noticed right away that there were 3 people on the cover of this one, and I liked the storyline surrounding Finnley. I will be so sad to see this series end, but I did notice that Goodreads.com says book 6 is coming out in 2016!
Debbie
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor to review this beautiful story for the author. The people who live at Green Acres Farm are all truly amazing people. The way they watch out for each other and there relationships are beautiful. You can feel God working on Allison in this story. When Finnley comes to live with her it is wonderful how all these people help him come out of his shell. This book will have you close to tears one moment then smiling the next. You won't be able to stop reading this book
KRISTEN LAWRENCE
Great story

I love this series. This one address yet different social issues
The start was a little off. She knew what she was getting into when she moved so why all the adjustment disorders. When you sink that amount of money into land and building, you would be more certain or at least committed. The storyline wasn't a mystery, knew where it was going, but enjoyed anyway
Rachel
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Predictable Christian romance. I've not quite figured out why authors seem to think that the two protagonists need to be catty and argumentative right up until they start kissing and decide to marry. It is a difficult concept to relate to. I enjoyed the relationships between the characters on the farm, and the discovery of the nephew's relationships.
Linda
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've had so much fun reading Valerie's Fresh Farm books. This time, Valerie explores a theme of redemption in the lives of both Allison (the 4th heroine in the series) and Brent. Both have dark secrets in their past - can they afford to let them be known? And can they forgive themselves, much less each other? I really enjoyed this story.
JoAnn
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great Christian romance Dandelions for Dinner is just as entertaining as the previous books in the series. The series is about a group of friends living in a community setting. If you like a good clean Christian read I highly recommend this book as well as the entire series. They can be read as stand alones. I was given a copy of this book for this honest review.
Erika
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Continuing on in the FFR series, Comer tastefully introduces some of the darker acts of human kind--drugs and DV. But of course, love (romantic and Godly) intercede. Well worth the $5 I paid to download.
Elizabeth Maddrey
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Another fabulous entry in the series.
Miranda
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this didn't feel like the same Allison we met in the previous book, it was a good story about healing and forgiveness of self and others.
Mackenzie
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 4 of 6.5
*Great!
Zeina Zgheib
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story in the series. Looking forward for the next one.
Cynthia Cirrincione
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series! In my opinion, Dandelions is the best book out of the whole series. The characters have real issues, yet still manage to keep it PG. Very wholesome.
Lori Bow
Mar 14, 2015
Kelly
Oct 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Christian Book Gi...: Dandelions for Dinner by Valerie Comer; ends 3/23/15. 1 6 Mar 22, 2015 12:41PM
Valerie Comer’s life on a small farm in western Canada provides the seed for stories of contemporary inspirational romance. Like many of her characters, Valerie and her family grow much of their own food and are active in the local foods movement as well as their creation-care-centric church. She only hopes her creations enjoy their happily ever afters as much as she does hers, shared with her hus ...more

A Farm Fresh Romance (6 books)
  • Raspberries and Vinegar (A Farm Fresh Romance #1)
  • Wild Mint Tea (A Farm Fresh Romance #2)
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • Plum Upside Down (A Farm Fresh Romance #5)
  • Berry on Top (A Farm Fresh Romance #6)