Start by marking “Antes Que Morras (DCI Lorraine Fisher #2)” as Want to Read:
Antes Que Morras (DCI Lorraine Fisher #2)

Antes Que Morras (DCI Lorraine Fisher #2)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  1,576 Ratings  ·  266 Reviews
Dois anos após uma assustadora vaga de suicídios entre adolescentes, a vila remota de Radcote começa a retomar a normalidade.
A inspetora Lorraine Fisher acaba de chegar para visitar a família, e o que encontra é uma atmosfera tensa e preocupante. A comunidade vê-se a braços com novas mortes misteriosas e até o seu sobrinho adolescente, Freddie, parece estar a afundar-se em
Paperback, , 304 pages
Published 2015 by TopSeller (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Antes Que Morras, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
LeQuita Crutchfield
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Earlier today I posted a review for a book called What You Left Behind. Then I noticed my “currently reading” list still contained a book with the title What You Left Behind. My immediate thoughts were something along the lines of GO HOME GOODREADS, YOU’RE DRUNK, but then I realized that this was an entirely different book that I never bothered reviewing. So here I am and I’m really phoning it in on this one . . .

Houston commercial photography

The problem with thi
Diane S ☔
2.5 never really got into this one. A rash of suicides and a visit to her sisters, with her daughter Sophie, find Lorraine, a police officer embroiled in the mystery. Her nephew Freddie is acting strange and a grown man with mental issues is telling stories that do not agree with known facts.

Not sure why this one didn't click for me but I never really felt the suspense and felt the storyline did not flow that well.

ARC from librarything.
Blair
This book was... less than I expected. And that doesn't say as much about Before You Die as it does about its predecessor, the unexpectedly great Until You're Mine. That was a book I expected to be a run-of-the-mill, forgettable crime novel, and it was actually something much more interesting than that. So my expectations were relatively high for this follow-up, and it was - well, a run-of-the-mill, forgettable crime novel.

Before You Die is the second in what looks set to be a loosely connected
Judy Collins
A special thank you to Crown Publishing for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. 4.5 stars (Also purchased the audiobook version).

Samantha Hayes delivers a cleverly twisted, and evil psychological suspense thriller WHAT YOU LEFT BEHIND, a multi-layered riveting mystery, keeping you glued to the pages of this whodunit—and an array of colorful suspects, as we race to see how they are connected.

Set in Radcote, as the book opens (one month earlier), there is a person riding on the back of a m
Rea Cobb
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After losing my reading mojo I decided to change from my usual genre and try a psychological suspense novel and the book I picked was Before you Die by Samantha Hayes which is my first read by this author so I didn’t know what to expected but once I got started I couldn’t put it down so I read it in one sitting.

After a spate of suicides in the village of Radcote it has taken two years for the community to move forward, but after a another young man is found dead after a motorcycle accident after
Myrna
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I read Hayes' Until You're Mine which I really enjoyed, so I was eager to read the next book, What You Left Behind. This one started out a wee slow as the author was setting up characters, background, etc. Then it picked up and what a thriller! It was fairly evident who the killer was but it did have other twists I did not see coming. I enjoyed this short, easy read none the less. I favored her previous book but I like Hayes’ writing so I will continue to read her other books. 3.5 stars
Paulo Pires
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog
4.3
« Esta leitura tornou-se rapidamente compulsiva... Começou com uma história onde o início não prepara o leitor para a intensidade que o livro nos oferece…

Este é o segundo livro da série Lorraine Fisher. Neste livro a autora aborda temáticas como o bulling, adultério, preconceito e suicídio.

Depois de ter lido o primeiro livro tinha curiosidade para saber como Samantha Hayes se sairia no próximo e eis que … não podia ter ficado mais satisfeito.

A autora, tal como fez no anterior, socorre-se do
Elaine
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psycho
Until You’re Mine by Samantha Hayes was my favourite read of 2013, I raved about it to anyone who would listen all year, so when I spotted this on Netgalley, I just had to snap it up there and then. I approached it with anticipation – would it live up to my expectations? The answer is, not quite but nearly. Until You’re Mine was just so good, that this novel was always going to be compared in relation to it, and although it is a very good read in its own right, it doesn’t quite match up to its p ...more
Tez
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
TRIGGER WARNINGS: Suicide, hate-crime.

Samantha Hayes's previous novel, Until You're Mine, is fabulous. Family-based paranoia, its creepiness is very affective. But what makes it so good is that it mostly focuses on ordinary people, who AREN'T in law enforcement and investigation. Mostly.

Thus what makes Until You're Mine stand out from the crowd is unfortunately missing here. I enjoyed meeting Detective Inspector Lorraine Fisher and her family back then, and I still like Lorraine here in Before Y
sue
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, mystery
No matter how hard I try, I can never fault Samantha Hayes writing, not one bit, yet again she has blown me away with her story. I've been glued to this book from beginning to end.

I love it when things never go to plan, you think you have it all worked out in your head, even being clever and picking someone who is the most unlikely suspect then WHAM, you are confused again.

What I especially loved about this thriller was the fact its based around ordinary people with ordinary lives.

We have young
John
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read late, late into the night finishing this novel, so in terms of sheer readability it obviously scores very highly. Otherwise, though, I have my problems with it.

Senior cop Lorraine Fisher goes with kid daughter Stella to visit sister Jo in the village of Radcote, famed for the fact that a couple of years ago it suffered a spate of teenage suicides. Jo has recently been left by husband Malc; her teenaged son (Malc's stepson) Freddie is visibly under enormous pressure. Freddie's real keen on
Leah
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, crime
Rushed and flawed...

When DI Lorraine Fisher goes for a visit to her sister, taking her younger daughter with her, it's supposed to be a holiday. But this quiet little town in Warwickshire was the scene of a spate of teenage suicides a few years back and it looks like it's all beginning again. And Lorraine's nephew Freddy is showing all the signs of being one of the possible victims...

I really enjoyed Samantha Hayes' Until You're Mine, in which Lorraine first made her appearance. So it was a doub
Book Addict Shaun
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, kindle
Thanks to the publisher for the review copy

Oh my God... There is so much I want to say about this book but to say too much would ruin the story. I have had Samantha Hayes' book 'Until You're Mine' on my to read list since its release, and I am now kicking myself so much at not reading it sooner. The reviews were nothing short of amazing and I will be reading Until You're Mine as soon as possible.

Back to Before You Die though and what a story. The story opens with two people riding a motorbike a
Cleo Bannister
D.I. Lorraine Fisher, one of the characters from the excellent Until You’re Mine, returns to her home town, Radcote, to visit her recently separated sister Jo and her nephew Freddie. What happens next means that the policewoman isn’t in for much of a holiday. The town had been shocked by a spate of teenage suicides eighteen months previously and so when a young homeless man, Dean, complete with suicide note is found dead after a motorcycle crash the tension rises as the community closes in on it ...more
Jasmine (Jasmine Pearl Reads)
Book: What You Left Behind
Author: Samantha Hayes
Finished Reading: April 08, 2015 (Wednesday)

Book Review:
*First of all, I would like to thank crown publishing for the review copy* Thank you so so much!!!
If you want a mystery/thriller/crime book, I would definitely recommend you this!
To be honest, I don’t really have any idea who’s Samantha Hayes until I ended up browsing her book on Goodreads! After I’ve read the synopsis, I was so intrigued by this book and my first reaction is “I want to read
Maria
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Depois de ter lido Até que sejas minha em Julho do ano passado que estava ansiosa por um novo livro de Samantha Hayes. Antes que Morras trouxe o segundo caso de Lorraine Fisher e, mais uma vez, a detective acaba por entrar na história mais do que queria, visto que um familiar seu vai ser uma das vítimas.

Depois de ter gostado tanto do primeiro livro esperava um pouquinho mais deste, até porque demorei um pouco a entrar na história.

...
Gostei sobretudo das personagens misteriosas que fomos conhecen
Lisa B.
3.5/5.0

My Thoughts

Lorraine takes a vacation to visit her sister Jo. Jo has a teenage son, Freddie, who is acting strange. While Lorraine is with her sister’s family, there are two suicides. She is unable to leave her detective skills behind and feels compelled to investigate the suicides along with what is going on with her nephew.

Told mostly from Lorraine’s perspective, we get to see the workings of her mind as she pieces clues together. There are a few chapters told by a mystery person and we
Janet
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Until You're Mine by the same author was a terrific read of last year, so I knew that I would read the next book Before You Die pretty soonish. Did I enjoy it as much? It was close but not quite. Got off to a slow start so it took me a few days to really get going. That said, I read the last 60% of the book in a day! There's nothing particularly wrong with it, settings, characterisations, descriptiveness, all good. Some settings mentioned I knew, local area to me!! Always a thrill because it hap ...more
Tracy Fenton
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cracker from Samantha Hayes which I devoured in a couple of days. Full of twists and turns this book leads you down one path and quickly does an abrupt U - turn so you don't know which way is up. I finished this book with a big smile on my face as once again the author completely flummoxed me with a fantastic ending. Highly recommend all of Samantha Hayes books.
Xana
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Este foi daqueles livros que foi prejudicado pela expectativa.
Adorei o anterior da autora e estava à espera de algo melhor.
O livro é agradável, lê-se bem. O final acabou por não me surpreender mas gostei.
Carla Faleiro
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: papel, os-despachados
Muito bom!! Ficamos naquele 'é este o assassino' depois lemos mais um pouco 'ahh afinal é este'... por isso ficamos presos à estória.
Agora queria era mais uns livros da autora.
Sandi Wallace
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laurel-Rain
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A stolen motorbike, a crazy ride, her arms wrapped around him as they took the dangerous curves...and then the crash.

Our mysterious first person narrator opens the story of "What You Left Behind: A Novel." We meet her again at the very end, and learn her identity, but in the meantime, the story picks up after the opening lines, with DI Lorraine Fisher and her daughter Stella leaving Birmingham for a week in the country. Jo, Lorraine's sister, lives in Radcote with her teenaged son Freddie, and t
Kristine
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced readers copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

This is the second book in the DCI Lorraine Fisher series but it can be read as a stand alone. I did not have the opportunity to read the first book before reading this one and it did not impact my enjoyment at all.

I liked this book but I found it really busy which in turn made me not love it. There were quite a few things goin
Katey Lovell
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Samantha Hayes acclaimed bestseller Until You're Mine last year and really enjoyed the gripping, psychological nature of it. Her latest offering Before You Die is in very much the same vein, a dark, thought provoking story of country life and community where you are never quite sure what to believe.

At times I felt the plot moved a bit too slowly for my liking and I wanted more drama, although I am aware that any psychological thriller worth its salt needs to pace itself. The characters,
Linda Strong
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Intense, dark, shocking .... the book is all these, and more. It touches upon something we've all seen in the news.

Teenage-suicides - mostly boys - were committed in this village some months ago. The people of the community are still trying to heal and find a way to go on.

DI Lorraine Fisher is on vacation and visits her sister and her teenage son. While there, a boy's body is found .. along with a suicide note. And then a second young man is found. Lorraine's nephew has been acting strange ... s
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
While I felt this story started off a bit rocky, it turned into a thrilling, and surprising read by the end.

I didn’t realize before reading that it was the second in a series, but it stood alone quite well. There are a few remarks that hinted at a prior story, but nothing that stood in the way of enjoying and understanding this story.

This book had several twists and turns, and in the first half, had several story lines that seemed very disconnected. I had a bit of trouble seeing the point to eve
Sophie Bristow Harris
I was granted a copy of "Before You Die" by Samantha Hayes from her publishers Random House, Cornerstone via Net Galley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I have read all of Samantha Hayes books and have loved them all equally.

She put together some cracking psychological Thrillers that have red herring swimming speedily through them, twisting as if through tight knotted reeds in a cloudy river.

Myself, as the reader, never quite realised whether the suggested character was the person I wa
Fictionophile
Wow! Top-notch thriller! Highly recommended.

With a tightly woven plot, a pervading sense of menace, great characters, the addition of some wonderfully misleading red herrings, and a delightful rural British setting, Samantha Hayes has written a novel that was right up my street! Every page was a joy to read – right up to the delightful twist at the end.

My complete review can be found on my blog: Fictionophile
Cheryl
Mar 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would have no problems jumping right into this book. Yet, there was nothing intriguing about the story or the characters. In fact, the first scene with the bike accident barely made my heart jump. It was like it happened and then it was over. I even had to go back and re-read it again as I felt like I was sleeping. For me the story did not get any better. As I said the characters were boring and it did not help with a story line that I found lacking in intrigue. After re-reading sect ...more
The ending- do not read this unless you have finished the book! 2 13 Jun 05, 2015 02:05PM
  • Lying in Wait
  • Red Ribbons (Dr. Kate Pearson, #1)
  • That Darkness (Gardiner and Renner, #1)
  • A Killing Moon (Damen Brook, #5)
  • A Game For All The Family
  • The Dead Tracks (David Raker, #2)
  • My Mother's Silence
  • Perfect Game
  • Don't Stand So Close
  • Chomp of the Meat-Eating Vegetables (The Notebook of Doom, #4)
  • No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome, #2)
  • The Thirteenth Child
  • Keep Your Friends Close
  • Little Girls
  • Skeletons
  • Als het zaterdag wordt (Frieda Klein, #6)
  • Can Anybody Help Me?
  • Nowhere Girl (Cate Austin, #4)
Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page!

I'm thrilled that my latest book THE REUNION is out NOW from all good online ebook retailers, as well as a paperback from Amazon. I do hope you love it!

If you love a good 'domestic noir' thriller that will mess with your mind and keep you turning the pages, then this one's for you! Here's the blurb...

"They were all there the day
More about Samantha Hayes

DCI Lorraine Fisher (3 books)
  • Until You're Mine (DCI Lorraine Fisher #1)
  • You Belong To Me (DCI Lorraine Fisher #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99