Start by marking “Consumed by You (Fighting Fire #3)” as Want to Read:
Consumed by You (Fighting Fire #3)

Consumed by You (Fighting Fire #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  1,355 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
She's playing with fire...

Dog trainer Cara Bailey wants to find "the one," but fantasizing about her sexy-as-hell client, firefighter Travis Jansen, is getting in the way. Her only option? Get the confirmed bachelor out of her system-in every position possible-so she can settle down with Mr. Right. Starting right now.

Travis doesn't do relationships, so no matter how badly
Published August 11th 2015 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about Consumed by You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consumed by You

Nicola
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Consumed by You contained some of my favourite things:

A firefighter... ✔
...who talks dirty ✔
A cute puppy dog...✔
...fur-baby of the aforementioned firefighter who loves his cute puppy dog ✔
Second-chance romance ✔
Plenty sexy-time ✔

description

I have to confess Lauren Blakely is a hit and miss author for me, but this series has worked for me and from the start firefighter and pro poker player, Travis and dog trainer, Cara's trip down memory lane was a hit.

"...the sooner I stop thinking about you, and daydrea
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo consumed by you_zpspcxs54vz.jpg

Thank you Lauren for writing the sexiest book boyfriends ever! I totally loved Consumed by You, it was an amazing book about second... Not, third.... Not, fourth.... Ok, N-th chances, about finding and fighting for what you want in life, about sexy deals and of course, about how easy is to fall in love with a firefighter as awesome and Travis Jansen, my new addition to the BBF collection.

The story begins in the middle of Travis and Cara's love story. They were a couple I'm high school and has
Michelle
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, entangled-brazen
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Sizzling!! Intense!! Fiery Hot!! And of course, consuming!!! Lauren Blakely has once again consumes her readers into this smoking hot story of two people who are fighting their strong sexual and emotional connection to one another. As Cara and Travis tries to navigate their relationship, it only leads to one hot explosive chemistry. In all honesty, I rather keep my review of this book short and simple since this is one of th
WTF Are You Reading?
Lauren Blakely's latest heat filled heart stopper brings readers back to the small town sweetness of Hidden Oaks, California.  With Jaimie and Smith forging their particular brand of forever, and wedding bells a ringin' for Becker and Megan; the fun, flirt, fur, and fireworks this time around feature none other than crowd favorites, Cara and Travis.

The fact that these two have appeared in prior stories, and have had dates on each other's lust calendars since high school, make the hot and heavy o
Kim
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4.5+ stars

I have to start this by saying I have strongly suggested (OK... maybe actually harassed) Lauren Blakely to write a book for Travis after being intrigued by him in the previous books Burn for Me and Melt for Him. He is Megan's brother and friends with all of other characters Smith, Jamie, and Becker. And I thought there might be something lurking with him and the local dog trainer, Cara. Travis and Cara have history and current lust between them. But they want different things out of li
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
It's rare for me to have complete and total trust in an author – to know that each book of theirs that I pick up will become an instant favorite – but Lauren Blakely is one such author. That’s why, when I started the third book in her Fighting Fire series, Consumed by You, I expected to encounter sexy firefighters, playful banter, and incomparably sensual love scenes. It was clear that Lauren Blakely had outdone herself once again when, after being less than ten percent into the book, I was furi ...more
* A review copy was provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Smokin' Hot Stars ~

What I absolutely love about Lauren Blakely's books is that she knows how to create a story that is the perfect combination of heart, humor and melt your kindle steam ;)

I have read MANY books by Lauren and I have never been disappointed. Her books have always captivated me, made me swoon, made me blush and yes I have even gotten angry at her characters, but that is what truly m
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First Lauren gave us the lovable hot shot Smith. Then came the big hearted sexy Becker. With those two incredibly delicious men, what more could you ask for?

Well, Lauren came with a most tempting offering... Travis Hansen.

Seriously, I don't know how Lauren keeps coming up with all these fine specimen of men. Hot doesn't even begin to describe how great these stories are. Be warned, you'll need an ice cold shower after this book, so enter at your own risk.

Travis and Cara have known each other sin
Shayna
A sinfully decadent treat! Full of intense passion and tons of heat! Sizzling sexual tension that will have you biting your lip the whole way through. CONSUMED BY YOU will set your Kindle ablaze! A combustible and fiery connection between two people who are fighting their true feelings the entire time, makes for a scorching and emotional romance.

Blakely is one of those extremely talented writers that you can just trust. You trust that they will never steer you wrong. It has come to the point whe
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Consumed by You takes us back to Hidden Oakes, a town where the firefighters are smoking hot. This is Travis, Megan’s brother, and Cara’s story and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Travis is a volunteer firefighter as well as a professional poker player. He has a penchant for dirty talk, but will never have a relationship due to his past. However, it doesn’t stop him from wanting some hot times with Cara.

“Does that sweet, sexy way you say my name mean you’re about ready to come on my tongue?” he asked, g
MJ
Shelves: 2015-books
Holy hotness!! I am beside myself once again at the absolute joy and pleasure (!)I get from reading a Lauren Blakely book. This latest in her Fighting Fire series is everything you want from a sexy read and oh so much more.

This time around, it's Travis Jansen as our hotter than hell firefighter. He and Cara Bailey have danced around each other for years, once in a long while having a tryst when each needed to let loose. But now finding themselves face to face after so much time apart, the sparks
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Cara Bailey and Travis Jansen have a history of short lived trysts throughout their lives. They are friends with off the charts chemistry but their goals in life are so far apart a real relationship is out of the question.

Cara wants the 2.5 kids, white picket fence, dog in the backyard life that her sisters have. Travis has seen first hand the devistation that love can cause. His father died when he was young and since watching his mother's world crumble, he vowed to never let anyone have the a
Cara and Travis have history, the connection between them has always been combustible but she's looking for love and wants to start a family while he's seen first hand how painful love can be and is determined to avoid it. Knowing that a relationship is completely off the table Cara needs to find a way to move on and she figures that with one last fling she should be able to get Travis out of her system for good. Of course love doesn't always go to plan and now she's risking getting her heart br ...more
Jacqui Norris
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for honest review

This was a great story of two people who have a history of dating and incredible sex. The problem is that Cara wants the white picket fence HEA and Travis doesn’t. The problem is neither can get the other out of each others system. So they come up with a plan to do just that. They have two weeks until Travis is in the Fireman's Bachelor Auction. Two weeks and then they will both just walk away. Can they make it those two weeks? Can Cara train Henry, Travis’ dog to b
Chantal
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Consumed by you is a wonderful and sexy story of two people who are looking for completely different things in life but can’t deny the attraction they have for each other.
Travis, a sexy and hot volunteer fire fighter has issues with committed relationships because he’s seen what can happen if you lose that very special person in your life.
Cara is looking for more than a fling and is ready to find the right person to settle down with.
Travis is not immune to sexy a women like Cara Bailey and sh
Courtney
Oct 14, 2016 added it
Shelves: arc
Another hit for Lauren Blakely. And HOT!!

This is the third installment in her firefighters series and it's definitely going to consume you.

Cara and Travis have danced around each other for years. Travis isn't the commitment type of guy so he steers clear of Cara. However, Cara isn't looking for anything long term. And when she offers her Travis something he just can't deny - things really heat up.

I absolutely love Lauren's writing and she's always able to keep things moving along and just as hot
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
3.5 stars I loved that the main character was a dog trainer and that she credited her relationship with Travis to their dogs. It was a cheesy romance story with the slightly cliche (but still enjoyable) trope of "she admits her love and he breaks her heart only to realise he's still in love with her."

The characters were enjoyable but not overly original, which seems to sum up the book well. Enjoyable but not original.
nick
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5/5

A fun book but I wanted a bit more from the sexy scenes.
Jessica
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, reviewed
4.5/5 stars

I remember reading the previous book in this series, Melt for Him, and I was hoping we would get Travis's story and now here it is! Yay! This made me really happy because I couldn't wait to see Mr. 'I Don't Believe in Relationships Because They Only End in Heartache' fall in love.

I really enjoyed Cara and Travis's story. These two have seriously hot chemistry and they have history as well, having dated in high school and having had a few hook ups since then. Naturally, you're rooting
Amy
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“This man consumed her. He stole every breath from her lungs. He could have anything from her. This was an undoing. This was him unraveling her stitch by stitch, unknitting all her control, so she was left only this hot, fevered, hungry thing. Needing him.”

I’m just going to keep this review short and sweet. This book was hot, sexy, fun and very entertaining. Consumed By Him follows the story of Travis and Cara. Travis and Cara have always had chemistry. The spark between the two of them is unden
Phyl
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A lovely sweet story about second chance love
Ginny Rose
Lately, whatever Lauren writes is both funny and spicy. In addition, an unexplained emotion builds in the center of my chest. This woman continues to be a verbal guru of story telling.

Travis Jensen is a volunteer fireman and a professional artist in the game of poker. Cara Bailey is the town's dog whisperer. When Travis adopts a dog, he seeks Cara's expertise despite the fact he has a sexual attraction. The funny thing is that sexual attraction is mutual, and in order to get to her life goals,
D.C. Triana
She was no longer the one calling the shots. He was, and he tugged her against him, aligning her body with his strong and very hard - incredibly hard - frame. Then, somehow they started dancing together. But this was no cotillion style or debutante ball dance. This was two bodies slowly grinding against each other. This was the dance of foreplay, a torturous tease of her swaying hips, and his erection pressed against her waist, and the heat inside her shooting sky high.

Consumed by You is the la
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG hot sexy firemen........check. Hot sexy girl......check. A flame reunited (see what I did there with flame)........check. Cute and loyal puppy......check.
I heart Travis and the dirty, naughty things he says and does to Cara. I mean What more can you ask for in a book. I would say my favorite party was when Travis got his head out of his ASS and realized that he has loved Cara since the beginning........I love a second chance at love story. I thought I was in love with Becker, but I was wrong
Wendy Hodges
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
a lovely story, well written and gripping. it held me from start to finish, the background of travis and cara was great. it was pretty plain they had loved each other for years and not realised it. the love of dogs is just the icing on the cake, it brings them back together. lauren always writes a brilliant romance, a lovely mix of story behind and along with the love, romance and sex that helps to keep it from getting boring. I loved it
Lucinda Claire
Shelves: shmexy
The heat of summer means swimming pools, and beaches, bar-b-ques, and vacations. What’s not to love? Author Lauren Blakely gives us another reason to love summer. Who can resist the sizzle of a sexy summer romance, especially when there’s a hot (pardon the pun) fireman involved. Just in time for Labor Day and the last trip to the beach!

"Consumed by You" is book three in Lauren Blakely Fighting Fire series. Let me tell you, these stories keep getting hotter and hotter, and it has nothing to do w
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

The intensity that flows between Travis and Cara not only consumes them, but the reader as well. - Liz's Reading Life

A seductive tale of bets and propositions that will ignite your senses and warm your heart. - Patricia at A Literary Perusal
Rebecca
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sweet and dirty girl who’s looking to settle down.

An alpha male who fights fires and protects his heart with casual hook ups.

Two weeks. No strings. No future.

But what happens when feelings become part of the deal and threaten to consume both of them? Will they allow their agreement to fizzle out or will they keep it burning long after the two weeks is up?

Travis and Cara’s story is a quick and steamy read that shows what happens when two people who have always shared a connection refuse to acce
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
4.5 out of 5 Stars

Sometimes the truth is right in front of you and you do not recognize it. Growing up we make up our minds and plan our lives using our brain. That is fine when you are strategizing finances, careers, etc. In matters of the heart, the brain can help you plan, but you always have to leave room for intuition and most of all spontaneity. It would be a sad world if we allowed the brain to rule everything... how would we feed our spirit and rejoice in the beauty of life?

Cara and Trav
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was such an awesome story. An entertaining read with a ton of super sexy mixed in!

Cara and Travis were great characters. I liked them in the beginning, but by the end I loved them. I enjoyed their growing connection and chemistry. I liked learning their history and watching them come together. They had a playfulness and flirtatiousness to them that really exploded into a lot of hotness.

Consumed by You was a light, fun read with just a bit of drama and a whole lot of steamy. There was a real
  • The Bouquet List
  • Blackmailed By The Hero (Gone Hollywood, #2)
  • Make Me, Take Me (Hot Nights, #3)
  • Wild Ride (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • One Night with the Billionaire (Men of the Zodiac, #9)
  • Frenched Series Bundle
  • Possession (Sons of Odin MC, #2)
  • Tempting the Corporate Spy (Sleeping with the Enemy, #2)
  • 30 Nights
  • Naughty Little Wishes (Birthday Dare, #2)
  • The Lady's Disgrace (Marriage Mart Mayhem #3)
  • Chayot (Secrets and Sins, #4)
  • For Her Spy Only (Masquerading Mistresses, #2)
  • A Wife in Every Sense (Europe's Hottest Billionaires #1)
  • Ask Me Nicely (Naughty or Nice, #2)
  • Temptation Has Green Eyes (The Emperors of London, #2)
  • Playing Doctor
  • His Lover to Protect (Out of Uniform, #3)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's hot, sweet and sexy. She lives in California with her family and has plotted entire novels while walking her dogs. With fourteen New York Times bestsellers, her titles have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Lists more than 100 times, and she’s sold m ...more
More about Lauren Blakely

Fighting Fire (3 books)
  • Burn for Me (Fighting Fire, #1)
  • Melt for Him (Fighting Fire, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be