Start by marking “Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1)” as Want to Read:
Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1)

Queen Song

(Red Queen 0.1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  19,260 ratings  ·  1,401 reviews
Queen Coriane, first wife of King Tiberias, keeps a secret diary—how else can she ensure that no one at the palace will use her thoughts against her? Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lay ahead for her in royal life.
Published September 1st 2015 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Queen Song, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lo I think that was the point, but it just seemed a little convoluted. I know that Arven the silence or whatever was supposed to take care of her but had…moreI think that was the point, but it just seemed a little convoluted. I know that Arven the silence or whatever was supposed to take care of her but had he already sided with Elara? were they all in on it from then? It leave a lot open. (less)
Jordan It would be better to start with Red Queen. It's difficult to understand what happened in Queen Song if you haven't read Red Queen.

·  19,260 ratings  ·  1,401 reviews

Pearl Angeli
"There is nothing so terrible as a story untold."

Queen Song is one of the novellas of Red Queen series. Here, we are told about the backstory of Queen Coriane, the mother of Prince Cal from Red Queen. Coriane belongs to the Silver blood, under the House Jacos-- a not-so-well-endowed clan compared to other Silver bloods. She writes her life events in a dairy and conveys her emotions there. Her ordinary life changed when Prince Tibe, heir to the court of Norta, fell in love with her and asked he
Andreea Pop
Mar 06, 2015 marked it as to-read
HOLY SHIT. That cover.

........

WHY HAVE I NOT KNOWN ABOUT THIS?? GIMME!

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Okay first of all:

I always knew that Elara was an - excuse my crude choice of words - evil bitch, but holy mackerel that probably was the understatement of the century! That woman is pure evil and after reading “Queen Song” I just want that witch to burn. XD

Well, enough of the pleasantries and back to the review. Since it was just a short novella I decided to point out what I liked and what I didn’t like. That way you don’t have to put up with my endless babbling and ranting and still will have
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 Heart Breaking ★'s

“She was happy, yes, in her own way, as best as she knew.
But there’s a difference between a single candle in darkness and a sunrise.”

Oh my goodness, this whole damn novella was so gosh darn sad! From beginning to end I felt my heart getting heavier and heavier with heartache for Coriane. That poor girl, she was so sweet and had such a gentle soul. She didn't deserve all the shit she had to suffer through. Elara as we already knew was an evil corrupted bitch but this really s
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Not sure if I liked it. Though maybe I did. The beginning was a bit unpleasant but then it progressed into quite a neat introduction to a world. The Red Queen World.

The final accords - lovely and lively. A warrior queen. A king and his 'paramour', M-M style. A prince who 'intoxicates' himself. A girl who likes equations and mechanisms. A guy who loves history. Stuffy nobility, Silver and gifted. Reds, blesed with purpose to their lives.

And Coriane's final... what a crescendo!

Q:
There is nothing
Neil (or bleed)
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novellas, 2015-reads
Basically, Queen Song is about a depressed, sad girl with a diary. She thought herself as nothing. It's like Juliette Ferrars all over again. And that's it. The end. Just kidding. Lol.

I think this novella is quite unnecessary. I don't particularly care about Corianne Jacos. I'm sorry. I admit I quite care about her diary but boy, I'm disappointed because it is just of full of angsty monologues and narratives. I anticipated that I will get secrets or anything but no. *sighs*

I like the ending anyw
NiCoLeTa E.
***3,5 stars for me***

While i was reading the "Red queen", i catched myself many times to thinking about the previous queen, Cal's mother, Coriane!!!
And with that novel, i took a glimpse of her life before she become queen and after...
It didn't reveal too much about her death, but as i was pretty sure i knew who was the guilty of that crime!!!

I liked that i learned about how was her life before goes to court and i liked the fact that the Prince fell in love with her and didn't care for anythin
Norah Una Sumner
"These golden walls will be my tomb."

Very interesting.This short story is told from Coriane's perspective when she was a young adult.Well,we mostly know her as Cal's mother.We get to find out how she met her husband Tiberias and how she handled being a Queen.
"I am not the monster the gossips think me to be.I’ve done nothing,manipulated no one."

Also,there's Robert and young Julian ♥!
Fatima  Havilliard
"The Calores are children of fire, as strong and destructive as their flame, but Cal will not be like the others before. Fire can destroy, fire can kill, but it can also create. Forest burned in the summer will be green by spring, better and stronger than before. Cal’s flame will build and bring roots from the ashes of war. The guns will quiet, the smoke will clear, and the soldiers, Red and Silver both, will come home. One hundred years of war, and my son will bring peace. He will not die fight ...more
Donita Luz
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
"He was the prince. the future king. And she was no one at all, a limp excuse for a Silver daughter of a High House."
This novella was clever. I have been so curious with the first queen, Cal's mother story. All we got to know her was that she was the king's first wife, a Singer, Julian's sister and the queen before the cold-hearted Elara took over. It was written on a third-person point of view given the fact that Queen Coriane has already past away - wasn't expecting that. I thought that thi
kim;
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
It's okay, I didn't need my heart anyway.
Fer
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

Coriane , I love you so much.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
It is always fun when author's give us this look inside a character, whether they be good or evil but I must admit, its the evil ones, that really stand out and get my attention.

To be inside their heads, even from a distance as is the case in this story, just fascinates me and really does add depth to the character.

I feel for Cal and for the woman that he would never get to love or know and of course for the woman that dared to cross Elara's path.

I absolutely love that the author gave us this.
Calzedonka
Pleaseeee, be a Maven's POV
Katerina Kondrenko
5 out of 10

ревью на русском/review in russian

The start was really confusing: it seemed like the language wasn't English at all - very hard to read and enjoy. But on the chapter #2 I had recognized Victoria's old style, it was a relief. The story itself is indeed sad, we all know that Coriane will be dead and Elara will take her place. At the start I thought that Cal's mother was a brat and angsty chick, but I loved her later. It was interesting to see young Tiberias the Sixth and his parents, b
VibrationLitteraire
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
OMG I didn't even know that book, finished Red Queen this morning and expecting a date for the second book ...
And now I discover THIS novel ? On 1st septembre 2015 ?! Gosh, it made my day !
CAN'T WAIT

description
Kati
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: favourites, tbr-2015
Wonderful. Sad. Very interesting.
Great addition to the Red Queen world!
Rachida
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, favorites
This novella blew my mind!! I already hated Elara but now I realise how psycho crazy she truly was. I loved reading about the relationship between Tibe and Coriane! It was so cute, not at all like the king we know from the other books in the series. I wish we could learn a lot more about them. Ugh this book was just too short!
Also her love for baby Cal was the cutest thing ever.

Honestly there needs to be a sequel to this novella! I need more Julian and Sara and I want to know what happend after
Chantal Aurora
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
This was amazing but so heartbreaking. Victoria WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME?! I LOVE YOU BUT WHY! *cries*
Nur Raihan
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella is based on the Red Queen series and in this book, we are told about Queen Coriane. To those who have read Red Queen, Queen Coriane is the mother of Prince Cal. She's a Silver blood and came from House Jacos, a not really famous clan compared to the other Silver bloods. Every emotion and thought of hers are portrayed in a diary that was given by Julian for her birthday. Everything changes in her life when the heir to the court of Norta, Prince Tribe fell in love with her and asked h ...more
Katie
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Blog review:

This was a really great addition to the story. It was very interesting to see the beginning of everything. I hate Elara even more now, which shouldn't be possible because I hope she dies horribly. This wasn't the best, and was not nearly as good as Red Queen but it's a novella and you have to keep that in mind.

Radmila
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,5 STARS!!!

"These golden walls will be my tomb."

Short story about Cal's mother, Coriane.
alice (arctic books)
Wow, I really liked reading this novella from Coriane's perspecive, especially in regards to her descent. I think I would have enjoyed this more if I had reread RED QUEEN, but I think this was better than STEEL SCARS.
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
I don't think this short story would add something important to the history of the Red Queen. It is irrelevant and dispensable.
Sara
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction
Elara, you bitch!

“...everyone pretended like they weren’t drowning.”
Lucy Qhuay
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the series

Such a heartbreaking novella.

You know, Julian was right. I can definitely see Mare in Coriane. Mare is a more bitter, hardened version of the Singer Queen, but they have an astoundingly similar way of thinking.

Both stand alone in a sea of people, never sure of anything, least of all their place in the world, Strong in their own way too.

I could also see Cal in Coriane's love for building things and taking them apart to see how they function and that might have been the only thing that made me smi
K.A. Linde
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I think I liked this short story better than the book. I actually felt her unraveling depression. That was new and different.
Steysha Kravits
I didn`t like it in the beginning, but the ending made me cry. Poor queen Coriane. ...more
Nicole
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-favs
I think I may have liked this short story about Coriane more than the 2nd and 3rd Red Queen books. I LOVED seeing the love between the two and I felt like I knew her. Victoria did a great job really painting a great picture with this novella, I understood the characters. Elara is even worse than I originally thought even after hearing about what she did to Maven when he was a child. She is the devil.
Vivian Chen (Vivian's Book Pavilion)
This is post originally on Vivian's Book Pavilion

I really like the old queen!!! And I think that everyone will like her as well, even the red. And, to my astonishment…the king and queen before Coriane and Tiberias seemed great as well!!!! It’s really sad that what happened to all of them, especially Coriane. She’s such a lonely girl when she was a child!!! And when she finally found her love? She was too afraid to embrace it, fortunately, she did, eventually. Or we won’t have Cal now.
He ne

• Other Worlds
  • The House of the Stone (The Lone City, #1.5)
  • The Black Knife (The Orphan Queen, #0.4)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • Outcast (Defiance #0.5)
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • The Book of Shhh
  • The Heir Apparent (The Internment Chronicles, #2.5)
  • The Fire Sisters (Brilliant Darkness, #3)
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • Beasthood (The Hidden Blood Series, #1)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Obsidian: Last Chapter in Daemon's POV
  • Flames Like Vines (Snow Like Ashes, #2.1)
  • A Silent Prayer (A Prayer Series #1)
I'm a screenwriter/YA author who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

My book RED QUEEN will be published Winter 2015 from HarperTeen at HarperCollins. I'm repped by the incomparable Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.

Red Queen (4 books)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • War Storm (Red Queen, #4)
“There is no greater pain or punishment than memory.” 80 likes