Start by marking “Bedtime for Seneca” as Want to Read:
Bedtime for Seneca

Read Book

Bedtime for Seneca

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  17 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A darkly disturbing book of adult bedtime fables, Bedtime for Seneca offers five separate glimpses into worlds hidden just out of sight--ranging from the seemingly mundane to the fantastical.

"Three Nights in Budapest" explores an estranged father's last, desperate attempt to gain his daughter back at any cost. In "Mortal Image," Life accepts a mysterious assignment from h
Published March 17th 2015 by Michael\Duda

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime for Seneca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime for Seneca

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Bedtime for Seneca
Vicki
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
This is more than a small book of five stories, it is an adventure. I was glad I read this. The entire review will be published on The Page Turner during Mystery Thriller Week February 22, 2017
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the author, M. Duda, for an honest review.

Opinion: Once again readers, do NOT judge a book by its cover. This is the second book from M. Duda that I have had the pleasure of reading/reviewing, and once again he has done a FANTASTIC job of executing “the creep factor” into his fantastical tales. The first book I had read and reviewed for M. Duda was his second shadow book called A Cat Will Play, which introduced me to psychological and eerie short stories.
Emily Carter-Dunn
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was sitting on my kindle for a while as the cover (different to the one on goodreads) really did not entice me. I settled on it tonight as I wanted a quick read and I am currently in a short story mood.

I loved the first story and thought it was an excellent woeful tale about a man pushed to his limits emotionally. It was powerful and let the reader really feel for the main character.

After that, however, I lost interest. I did not see the point in the other 4 stories, particularly the f
Catherine
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bedtime for Seneca by M. Duda is a short book, filled with a few short stories. They're quite unique stories and I've never read anything quite like them before now. The author takes a dark view in these stories and, rather than having scenes of redemption, the outlook within these pages isn't always a good one. However, apart from that, the characters' actions are quite understandable and we can see their motivations for doing such things or thinking in such a way; you or I might do something s ...more
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received free copy from the author.

This book contains 5 gothic/horror short stories. This is the first work that I have read by the author but it won't be my last. I wasn't expecting much with this book but I was pleasantly surprised. The stories are dark and blend gothic horror and fantasy in a very intriguing way. It was well written and showed us a lot about the human condition. There are no happy endings to these tales and the subject matter discussed, like child abuse, will not be for every
William Deakin
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting collection of short stories. Reminded me of scripts for the Twilight Zone or Tales of the Unexpected
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Teri Henry
May 23, 2015
Alicia
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good quick reads without the happy endings... I enjoyed this book.
Mark
Julia Conway
Erin
Albert
Mar 10, 2015
Michael is the author of several collections of short stories. Under pen name M. Duda, his titles include We Dream at Twilight and Whispers from the Grave.

His most recent story, "The Sound of Blue," was awarded Silver Honorable Mention by Writers of the Future. This has fueled his passion for writing fiction.

He lives in Ohio with his wife, three dogs and two cats. He writes because his cat hates h