Start by marking “Die oberste Tugend (Star Trek - The Next Generation: Doppelhelix #5)” as Want to Read:
Die oberste Tugend (Star Trek - The Next Generation: Doppelhelix #5)

Die oberste Tugend

(Star Trek: Double Helix #6)

Ein heimtückischer Racheplan erstreckte sich über mehrere Jahre im Leben von Jean-Luc Picard. Doch wie begann diese gnadenlose Vendetta? Die endgültige Antwort liegt am Anfang …

Eine Serie von Terroranschlägen hat die Spannungen zwischen zwei Rassen erhöht und damit einen ganzen Sektor an den Rand eines interplanetaren Krieges gebracht. Während Picard, Captain der U.S.S. St
Published December 10th 2012 by Cross Cult (first published August 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Die oberste Tugend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die oberste Tugend

Start your review of Die oberste Tugend (Star Trek - The Next Generation: Doppelhelix #5)
Craig
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Well it had the wrong Crusher on the front but it was still pretty good. You get to see how the Double Helix saga begins and it makes sense to leave it to the last book to say where the villain came from which was interesting. I am not entirely sold on the Stargazer crew, it's been a while since I read Reunion so some of the characters I wasn't too sure about but I did like Jack Crusher and seeing a family man in that role and how he perceives his job is something we rarely get to see in Star Tr ...more
Daniel Kukwa
Mar 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Don't let the "book 6 of 6" label put you off; this is actually a prequel to the rest of the series, so you can read it as a stand alone book. In fact, it works much better that way, as just another in a long series of the successful Stargazer-era books written by Michael Jan Friedman. I can't say the diplomatic plot and the alien characters did much for me, but this book is worth it for the fantastic relationship that develops between Tuvok and Jack Crusher. In fact, I was almost ready to skip ...more
David
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Double Helix, Book 5 by Peter David was the grand finale for the series. The 6th novel goes back to the beginning and features Picard and the Stargazer with a guest appearance by Tuvok.
Jerry
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After the travesty of the fifth book in the series, it's hard to recover...and this book doesn't make Double Helix much better. See my review for more details:

Josiah
Plot: C
Writing: D-
Vocabulary: D-
Level: Easy
Rating: PG13 (genocide, murder, deceit, torture, slavery, battle, assassinations)
Worldview: Good guys vs bad guys
Crystal Bensley
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe not my favourite Double Helix story but I am a sucker for a Stargazer tale and this prequel to the previous books has some fun undercover action and a cool visit from Tuvok!
Caryn Smith
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And we're back to the start to see why this all happened. It's a fun book with and easily readable, and there isn't some ridiculous incorrect biology to make me upset. I think someone coughed so there's just as much illness as in books 3 and 5.
Jae
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
A serviceable, if boilerplate ST book. My biggest complaint is that there is truly no reason for Beverly Crusher to be on the cover, as she only has a brief cameo.
Jimyanni
Oct 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Easily the best book in this sub-series, this book is the prequel to the rest of the books in the set. It tells the story of why the villain of the series did the things he did, and why he hated the Federation in general and Picard in particular so fervently. The book was saved for the final entry in the series in order to keep the mystery of his identity throughout the series, and I understand the purpose of doing so, but frankly I think that the value gained from maintaining that mystery was n ...more
David Palazzolo
The final book of Double Helix, The First Virtue should have been the first--and in the sense of internal chronology it is. Welcome to the era of Capt. Jean-Luc Picard's first command, the USS Stargazer. Jack Crusher is still alive, and Tuvok has just rejoined Starfleet at the rank he left years prior--an ensign.

The book chronicles the fall of Gov Gerrid Thul, who eventually becomes the 'Big Bad' behind the plagues in the earlier novels. Denied permission to marry into the Thallonian Imperial F
Sean Randall
Mar 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To complete a complementary series, we have a book that takes us back and back again, to well before the first title. to a time when Picard commanded the Stargazer, a time when jack Crusher was still alive, and to a time before Tuvok under the auspices of Janeway infiltrated the maquis cell headed by Chakotay.

We learn in the previous title that Thul blames the Federation in general and picard more specifically for the death of his Son, Mendan, but the only details we have on that insident were
Paul
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
PLOT OR PREMISE:
This is the final in the series of six Star Trek books dealing with an assault with biological weapons on the Federation. This book takes the reader back to the time of Picard as Captain of the Stargazer and adds Tuvok and Jack Crusher to the series. Picard is assigned diplomatic duties for a system on the verge of war. Working together with Tuvok and Crusher, they quickly realize that the war is being primed by someone, but they're just not sure who. Tuvok and Crusher go underco
Joshua Palmatier
I'm not sure why they designed this series so that the first book chronologically was the last book in the series, except for the idea that they could keep the real antagonist secret until the very end. There wasn't any real significant plot reason otherwise. But this last book in this sequence was decent. Not as powerful or as interesting as the installment by Diane Carey or Peter David (books 3 and 5) but a well-written edition to the series.
Angela
First off, Beverley should not be on the cover because she is not in the book(well, 2 pages only). This is set on the Stargazer, Picard's old ship. A young Tuvok is sent to help on a mission to stop 2 planets going to war. There's a lot of good character bits in this, and we finally find out why the baddie of Double Helix hates the Federation. A good book.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Very solid read...the medical thriller of the ST world.
Nicola Zunino
Carino come libro a sé. Come sesto libro di un'esalogia di rivela un prequel anche loffio che non svela o spiega il senso dei primi cinque libri del ciclo.
Robert Jenkins
Jun 11, 2017
Jean-Paul
Aug 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • The Two-Front War (Star Trek: New Frontier, #3)
  • Where Sea Meets Sky (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #6)
  • Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
  • I, Q
  • Return to The Why Cafe
  • The Mist (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #3)
  • H.P. Lovecraft's the Hound and Other Stories (Manga)
  • Il colore venuto dallo spazio
  • Safari des Lebens
  • Resurrection Row  (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #4)
  • Once Burned (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #5)
  • Auberon (The Expanse, #8.5)
  • My Enemy, My Ally (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #1)
  • Gods Above (Star Trek: New Frontier, #13)
  • Shield Knight: Two Thieves
  • The Hall of Heroes (Star Trek: Prey #3)
  • Legends of the Dragonrealm: Knights of the Frost
Michael Jan Friedman is an author of more than seventy books of fiction and nonfiction, half of which are in the Star Trek universe. Eleven of his titles have appeared on the New York Times Best Seller list. Friedman has also written for network and cable television and radio, and scripted nearly 200 comic books, including his original DC superhero series, the Darkstars.

Star Trek: Double Helix (6 books)
  • Infection (Star Trek: Double Helix, #1)
  • Vectors (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #52; Double Helix, #2)
  • Red Sector (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #53; Double Helix, #3)
  • Quarantine (Star Trek: Double Helix, #4)
  • Double or Nothing (Star Trek: Double Helix, #5)