Start by marking “Off the Page” as Want to Read:
Off the Page

Off the Page

(Between the Lines #2)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  10,255 ratings  ·  1,510 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling authors Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer, OFF THE PAGE is a tender and appealing YA novel filled with romance, humor, and adventure.

Delilah and Oliver shouldn’t be together. But they are together. And just as they’re getting used to the possibility that happily ever after may really, truly be theirs, the universe sends them a message t
Hardcover, UK hardback edition, 372 pages
Published June 4th 2015 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Off the Page, please sign up.
Bobby Karmakar Picoult says it's meant to be a standalone but I believe you should. I read Between the Lines and found it super helpful, treating this as a sequel…morePicoult says it's meant to be a standalone but I believe you should. I read Between the Lines and found it super helpful, treating this as a sequel (as I knew it was). Some say you don't but I love this book so much better, yet I think it'll help to have a concrete idea of the story by reading Between the Lines first :)(less)
Linda It doesn't disconnect the story but with book one it is like a whole big story and without it it is normal story.....i personally think that it…moreIt doesn't disconnect the story but with book one it is like a whole big story and without it it is normal story.....i personally think that it doesn't matter so much if you did not read book 1......(less)

·  10,255 ratings  ·  1,510 reviews

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
(More of a 3.5)
This was a very entertaining book, but that's about it. If you're looking for a light and fun read, this is just what you're looking for! I think my favorite part of this book was reading about Oliver trying to figure out how to live in the real world. It added quite a bit of humor to the story. I'll be sharing more of my thoughts in my June wrap up video over on youtube.com/jessethereader
Christine Riccio
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really cute! I enjoyed myself, here's my full review/booktalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBP_r...
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Wow! I wasn’t expecting anything from this companion to Between the Lines except for a little cutesy fantasy escape which was exactly what I earned when I read the first book but Off the Page is a lot more complex than I expected. The two-dimensional characters have become well-rounded, the plot more complicated and the themes a lot broader. It is surprisingly written very well which I guess I shouldn’t be surprised about because after all, the book was written by a mother-daughter power tandem. ...more
Pinky
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would rate this even more than 5 stars, if I could because this book was just so good. I really enjoyed it and if you compare this book to Between the Lines, I enjoyed this much better. This is the companion book to Between the Lines and I love it so very much.

This takes place after Between the Lines and some people say that you don't Need to read Between the Lines to read this but I did. I suggest that if you want to read this book you should read Between the Lines because everything will
Suzanne
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

Love and loss really do go hand in hand. Like the first it is a cute story but this sequel is really a more of an emotional feel to it. A lot of it was really sad to read. It really demonstrates the differences between fantasy and reality (sometimes reality sucks). I was able to really connect a lot more with the characters in this book than I did in the first. It was actually had some really funny moments.

My quick and simple overall: cute and fun to read but does have some serious moments.
Tereza Eliášová
Je to roztomile nablblé, ňuňavé a krásně pohádkové. Bavilo mě to. I proto, že pro mě bylo těžké odhadnout, jak to vlastně celé skončí a dopadne, což je u podobného typu knížek fakt nečekané. Jestli máte chuť na milou oddechovku s nádechem kouzel, příběh o knížkách a o příbězích mezi písmenky, tak hurá do toho!
Rachel
This was soooooo good!!!
I would say more, but it's almost 3am, and I need to sleep.
Hannah Comfybookchats
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gflibrary
My feelings hurt.....

Can I just start by saying how I appreciate Frump so much more as a character in this one? Then they go and do "that" and I'm reduced to tear. Yup, it was sad.

Jules and Edgar, I just can't deal with I much I ship it! Based on the problem, taking Edgar's mom and Edgar "away" was a smart plot point. There was even more depth to Seriphina, I loved her face off with Allie in the mall.

Oliver and Delilah might be my OTP! They are just so perfect for each other. A bit more hormonal
Stephanie (Bookfever)
First of all, Off the Page can be read as a standalone book but I would highly recommend reading Between the Lines first because it involves the same characters and all. Second, I have to admit that I liked Off the Page a little less than Between the Lines but it was still a really good read.

This book really is a peek into what happens after "Happily Ever After" and it's not all that great. Delilah and Oliver still love each other dearly but now that Oliver is in the real world and high school,
RitaSkeeter
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fantasy
Just because you've picked up this book, you know, doesn't mean it belongs to yo. Quite a lot went on before you even arrived. There was a spark of an idea one day, which ignited into a fire of imagination. Each lick of flame burned a line of text, spreading from chapter to chapter. And where were you? Probably in some other book, not even aware that this was happening someplace in the universe.

I've seen this referred to as a companion novel to BETWEEN THE LINES, but I beg to differ. This is
Danni Maxwell
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG A SEQUEL
Lisa Johnson
This was nice, a bit boring at times. Also, it really reminded me of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, which is sooo much better, to be honest.
Joy (joyous reads)

I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed this more than its predecessor, Between the Lines. Mostly because all the loose ends from the first book were cleaned up. Edgar wasn’t such a random character any longer, and the impossibility of the romance between Oliver and Delilah was front and centre. It only makes sense that their relationship is not going to be perfect. After all, Oliver lived in a fantasy world where cellphones did not exist, and his world is a place where he knew every single one o
Michelle
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was such a lovely fairy-tale like story with a perfect combination.. or clashing of fairy tale reality and the kind of reality that we all go through.

The romance, the drama, the turmoil, the heartbreak, the progressive plot thickening and leading up to the ending, all of it made for a really good story.

The book is also literally so beautiful with its cover and the different colour fonts. I am in love. And I also found that the last two pages were very inspiring!

It's quite difficult to k
Alaina
What a cute ass book.

I really enjoyed Jodi Picoult's Off the Page and I'm basing that off of the fact that it was very hard to put down. Pretty sure it was attached to my hip until I finished this amazing book.

I loved everything about it! The characters and the story were both amazing. I'm so happy that there was another happy ending for my two favorite people: Oliver and Delilah. However, I wasn't really happy that the other people I was completely shipping, Edgar and Jules, didn't get their ha
Dee☾
Sep 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF- page 116.

So I hit the 100page mark and I am hating it more and more. It just feels so juvenile and I can't get into. It's too cheesy and unbelievable. Maybe I should have read its predecessor beforehand, but I can't continue onward /:

The writing isn't bad, but I can't get into these characters. Delilah makes me roll my eyes and take deep breaths while everything else just seems to...unreal. Which it bums me out because who wouldn't wish to make their fictional crush real? So I thought I'd
Kiara
This is a laugh out loud book, full of witty banter and a cutesy love story.
Janani(ஜனனி)
Save me before I sell my soul to pull my favourite character out from the book. I don’t care what others say. I don’t care whether he doesn’t know how to adapt to the world. I’ll help him. I would be there.

With the heart’s desire, the Prince came to live in the real world whereas his lookalike Edgar went into the fairy tale which has been rewritten as some space video game. Both the worlds seem to be accepting the changes. But then, the book was awaken from its deep sleep and started to throw ta
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: team-spades
As I finish this book, my heart is just absolutely in love... In love with this magical story that takes you on a unique journey you've never even dreamed of, in love with the characters who you will find yourself relating to in the most awesome ways and last but certainly not least, the many, many positive messages this book contains. One that touched my heart the most is how we should all treasure what we have in the here and now because tomorrow isn't promised.

I would seriously recommend this
Patrizia
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hörbuch, teens
Worum geht es?
Was wäre, wenn du dich in den Helden deines Lieblingsbuchs verlieben würdest? Und er es tatsächlich schafft, in deine Welt zu gelangen, um bei dir zu bleiben? Es könnte das perfekte Happy End sein: Delilah und Oliver, der Prinz, der buchstäblich einem Märchen entsprungen ist, können endlich zusammen sein. Doch so einfach ist es leider nicht. Olivers Verschwinden hat die Märchenwelt ins Chaos gestürzt. Das Buch wehrt sich gegen diesen heftigen Eingriff und fordert seine eigentliche
Saskia Peeters
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Delilah and Oliver did the impossible; get Oliver out of his story and give him a real live. His place was taken by Edgar, the son of the author. Oliver must pretend to be Edgar in public but it’s all worth it to be with Delilah. Now trouble is coming and it’s as if the book wants his main character back. Delilah and Oliver, together with their friends, will have to find a permanent solution so that Oliver can life his live.

A sequel can either make or break the series and I can confirm that in
Victoria (victoriashaz)
My Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
I love the idea of a fairy-tale or fictional character coming out of a book and being able to experience life with any person. This book is basically a fairy tale, with an additional portion about young teenagers. While the intend of the story was clear, a fictional tale translated into the real world, I think the novel itself could have been executed better. There were a few things that jumped out at me as completely unfeasable, and they were parts of the plot that I think
Cameran
DNF -- June 2015

Considering that I gave it two stars, it is surprising for me to say that I enjoyed Between the Lines more than its sequel, but here we are…

This book was just too cheesy for me. I was able to get through Oliver’s attempts to transition into being a high school boy in the real world, but once the fairytale book began to act up, and characters began to move between reality and fiction, the humor was gone. In the end, I decided to abandon this because everything had become so nausea
Lauren AKA randomreader
I really loved this book at first. It had cute characters and a fantastic plotline. Then as I read more, I became bored and it was super cliché. I don't mind a little cliché, but this was jampacked with it.
The first problem I had with this story is the clichéd mean girls club at school. Yes stuff like that happens but not exactly the way in the book. Girls hate each other in secret, so usually girls are gossiped about. This book was not realistic at all.
2. Character depth was also an issue.
Atikah (Oh, Hello Books!)
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unhaul
This book didn’t make me love it as much as I loved the first one and I was about to give it 3 stars, until I read the last word. It was an enjoyable read.
Alyssa F.
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Elise
Nov 01, 2018 marked it as paused  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, tbr-pile
Paused at 10%
Stephanie Ward
'Off the Page' is a cute and light-hearted young adult romance that blurs the line between fantasy and reality. The book is considered a companion novel to 'Between the Lines', but can be read as a standalone. I hadn't read 'Between the Lines' beforehand, and I could follow everything that happened just fine. Looking back, I wish I would have read 'Between the Lines' first because it gives a better understanding of the characters, their relationship, and the obstacles they had to overcome to get ...more
☾ Janelle
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
97%
What would you do if you only had one day left in this world? Spend it with the people you love? Travel to the far corners of the earth to see as many wonders as possible? Eat nothing but chocolate? Would you apologize for all your mistakes? Would you stand up to those you'd never had the courage to face? Would you tell your secret crush that you loved him or her? Why is it that we wait till the last minute to do the things we should be doing all along?

OH GOSH I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! im so...
kari
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, 5-star
A delightful follow-up to Between the Lines and a worthy sequel. Not all sequels stand up to the original book, but this one does and, I think actually has more heart than the original, more thoughts about the consequences of choices made and doing what's best for others, even if it isn't always what you want. Sounds deep, huh? Well, it is and it isn't. There are profound choices, loss, heartbreaking decisions and a satisfying ending. That's a lot for a story that started out mostly as a teenage ...more
Around the Year i...: Off the Page, by Jodi Picoult 2 56 Jan 01, 2018 08:45AM
Play Book Tag: Off the Page - Five Stars 4 14 Jan 18, 2017 06:30AM
2017 Reading Chal...: Off the Page 1 13 Jan 14, 2016 07:28PM
Will there be a third book? 3 40 Dec 23, 2015 07:20PM
FINDING AUDREY RE...: #PAGESPLOSION | PART TWO (Pages 153 - End) 13 366 Jul 01, 2015 07:15PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add details 3 23 Jun 29, 2015 03:40PM
  • Blood Orange Soda
  • A Phantom Enchantment (Unbound, #3)
  • The Princess in the Opal Mask (The Opal Mask, #1)
  • The Seers (Holders #2)
  • Shelf Life: Fantastic Stories Celebrating Bookstores
  • Love and Other Things I'm Bad At (Courtney Von Dragen Smith, #3)
  • Undeniable
  • Marvelous (The Books of Marvella, #1)
  • Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Liesmith (The Wyrd, #1)
  • Dackelblick (Dackel Herkules, #1)
  • Run To You Part II: Second Glance
  • Shackled
  • Boo! (Beauty And The Bookworm, #2)
  • Mirrored (Kendra Chronicles, #3)
  • Seeing Red (Whatever After, #12)
  • Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2)
  • Emilie and the Hollow World (Emilie, #1)
Jodi Picoult is the author of twenty-four novels, including the #1 New York Times bestsellers Small Great Things, Leaving Time, The Storyteller, Lone Wolf, Between the Lines, Sing You Home, House Rules, Handle with Care, Change of Heart, Nineteen Minutes, and My Sister’s Keeper. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband and three children.

Her new novel, A SPARK OF LIGHT, is available in hardcove

Between the Lines (2 books)
  • Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1)
“A wish is just words. Belief is the catalyst. It's what sets that wish into motion.” 34 likes
“Hope is what makes you look outside the window to see if it's stopped raining. Hope is what makes you believe he'll text you back. Hope is why you buy your jeans a little tight... Hope is why you get out of bed in the morning, and why you dream at night. Hope is what makes us believe that things can only get better. Hope is what keeps us going.” 29 likes