Start by marking “Assaie's Gift” as Want to Read:
Assaie's Gift

Assaie's Gift

Human love can last a lifetime, the love of a Goddess is eternal.

Kia Deering is a normal teenage girl looking forward to celebrating her 18th birthday in style. What she didn't anticipate was the revelation that would change her life beyond recognition.
The Goddess Assaie fell for a human and gave up everything, including her identity, to be with him, sacrificing everyt
Published February 11th 2015 (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Assaie's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assaie's Gift

Bill Ward
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very easy and enjoyable read. It is a sweet love story in places but also a rather sad story of love brought to an untimely end by terrible accidents. The special ingredient in the story, which makes it different, is it is initially set in a time when Gods and Goddesses are watching over the world. The story follows one of these Goddesses - Assaie as she falls in love with a mortal and passes special powers to the female children in her direct descendants. We jump a few generations to ...more
Carol Phipps
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this beautiful tale about a goddess, her great love for a mortal man and the gift she bequeaths her future generations. This wonderful book, ASSAIE’S GIFT, by D.E. Howard, is filled with love and joy, sorrow and heartache. It made me smile and it made me weep, but with amazing characters you can’t help but care about, and a fast-moving plot that intrigues and entertains, this story does not disappoint.

I highly recommend ASSAIE’S GIFT to everyone who enjoys a really good book.
Yvette Calleiro
I love books that involve gods and goddesses, and this one was a sweet one. I loved how the story took us back in time to the era of the gods and showed us why the present day characters were given their "gifts." The characters were easy to know and love. And then, of course, just when everything is going so perfectly, something has to happen to change things up. Lol!

I'm not usually one to read books that are stand alones, but this one was a good one. The author did a great job in giving the ch
Gordon Bickerstaff
First thing to say is this is not normally the genre I read but I am trying to widen my reading interests. I enjoyed the book. It is well written, easy to read, and will appeal to teenagers and adults alike. The central characters, Kia & Xander are believable and well drawn as are all of the main characters. In essence, it is a charming love story intertwined with a Greek mythology theme. It is well constructed, and develops into a good story. The premise reminded me of Rick Riordan's Percy ...more
Tracey
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I'll be letting my friends know about it
Jon Spriggs
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. The lead character, Kia, is the heir of goddess derived powers, from a time when the Elder Gods had moved on, and the younger gods observed and guided the world. Kia's powers manifest on her 18th birthday, which is the same day she meets the love of her life. She has a year to decide whether she wants to keep the powers, and if she does, she'll keep them "forever".

The love of her life also turns out to have received god powers too and they make a good match, but for
Balroop Singh
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Assaie’s Gift by D.E. Howard holds a child-like charm, as it transports you into the world of fairy-tale romance. It is reminiscent of grandma tales that seemed so authentic once upon a time. Assaie’s gift fills Kia’s life with an unexpected elation. The story swings between Assaie’s love and Kia’s life that seems to be perfect. A likeable story with some shocking revelations that would keep you hooked till the end.
Howard knows how to create perfect characters – most of them with positive vibes
Flossie
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genre - Fantasy with Romantic Elements
Setting – Earth; Goddess Realm
Major Theme – Love endures and heals; features parallel stories on earth and goddess realm
Descriptors – light, delightful, fanciful, as appealing as our favorite childhood fairy tales
Favorite Supporting Character – Mother, the wise old woman who took in a hungry goddess
Fun Tidbit – I’m used to reading romances with 3rd person POV. This book with its plethora of POVs was a lot of fun.
Memorable Line – “What kind of boyfriend do I
Rebecca
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rrbc
This story started out great. I love books that have a fantasy element to them, gods & goddesses coming to earth. Then it switched to present time for most of the story. I felt a bit let down. The story is bitter-sweet though, one the YA crowd would enjoy with teen romance. The added magical parts set it apart and more interesting. I would have liked that theme of the book more developed. But it was a touching story.
Jennifer Hinsman
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heart warming read with plenty of love and fantasy! The book was entertaining and kept me very interested. Mythology with Gods and Goddesses make for a fun fantasy. The characters were well written and I will recommend this to friends.
Lizzie Chantree
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful tale.

This is a lovely story of love through the ages. From the opening pages you are drawn into a tale of gods and goddesses and are swept into the lives of descendants of Assaie. If you enjoy magic, mythology and legends, then this is the book for you!
Joy Lo-Bamijoko
Natalie Ducey
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Author D. E. Howard has a gift for storytelling, weaving together Greek mythology, fantasy, and romance in this enjoyable read. We meet Kia Deering, a young woman that learns of a special power passed down to her on her eighteenth birthday from the Goddess, Assaie. Soon after, Kia falls in love with Xander and their story unfolds. I felt the characters were well crafted, but I did wonder if Kia’s character would be more relatable if she was a little older, given the events that take place. Howev ...more
Karen
Feb 21, 2015
Liz Cowan
Jan 27, 2018
Lynda Filler
Jul 20, 2017
D.E.
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lacy Lieffers
Offbee
added it
Apr 07, 2018
Beta Reader Group: Fantasy/Romance Novella 2 23 Jul 30, 2016 12:02PM
D E Howard was born and raised in the small seaside town of Southport where she still resides and dreams of a world where chocolate is better for you than an apple and of giving up her day job to become a full time writer.