Start by marking “Predestined Hearts” as Want to Read:

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  816 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
Love and a sense of belonging is all Ashlin Thomas dreams about.

Greed and power took that away.

Ripped away by tragedy, the one person left in her life was taken.

How does someone move on from so much loss?

When words spoken from the past allow Ashlin to grasp the future she desires, the harsh reality of life threatens to take it away.

Will she sacrifice one love for anoth
ebook
Published April 6th 2015 by Once Upon A Forever, LLC. (first published April 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Predestined Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predestined Hearts

* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Forever Love Stars ~

Absolutely Amazing!!!!
Do you believe in Destiny? That your Heart is meant for only one person? How past events can affect future lives?

Well Predestined Hearts will make you a believer. This book is about 2 EPIC love stories. Told in both Present time and in Past time (year 1886) this book will draw you in and not let go until the end. This book will leave you with a book hangover. I know I can't stop thinking
Beth
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Timeless Stars

Ever had one of those days? Or lives? Nothing goes as planned. Even when you think you have a handle on it....BAM...The ACME box opens and you get blown up. Again. This book is THAT in novel form. Like a ACME novel ready to blow up in your hand, head, and heart.

For starters, this is double whammy book. You get two stories in one. The story of Ashlin and Gael. And the story of Sophia and Danny. Sophia and Danny are the ancestors of Ashlin and Gael. We get there story through jou
Nikki Reeves
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was absolutely blow away by this book. This is something different I have never read before. It’s a love story inside of a love story. Be prepared for an emotion ride that will leave you completely breathless and mind blown.

When the book starts Ashlin is with her boyfriend Harris. Let me just state how much I despised HARRIS. He literally made me sick!! Ashlin has had enough of Harris and decides to change her life she gets news her aunt has passed away. Her aunt is the one who raised Ashlin
Maree Repa
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book so much. Such an endearing romance set out between two couples over a great distance of time. Just so beautiful. This contemporary is broken up in two complete parts dealing just with Ashlin is dealing with and after reading her great great great grandmothers journal. Not something you will want to miss.

This wonderful story shows how. Their elders past can control the love of what Ashin has today. I loved Kristen Mayer's book, like I always do. Such the most wonderful book
Nancy Metsch
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have a lot too say about this amazing book!!! ** No spoilers**
First of all I loved the whole idea that the story took place now and in the 1800's. That time setting is one of my favorites. The way they dressed and talked was just beautiful.
The other thing is that I am a firm believer in in destiny I think that was another reason this book rocked out. Kelly and Kristin this book was just beautiful
Lana Wagner
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

The story line is amazing....both great authors.... story of true love. Wasn't sure at first how I felt about the double story, but the more I read the more I enjoyed and looked forward to it...
Kara Hull
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! This book was so good! The younger generating falling in love & reading about the family's love story was really cool!
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about two different times, two different women and two different love stories but they are also intertwined in more ways than just through a journal.

“Why wasn’t I able to find the love we saw in fairy tales? Everyone I loved eventually left me.”

I had a huge love/hate relationship with this book. What I loved was the plot and story line; so beautiful, sad, heart-warming and heart-breaking but what I didn’t like was the fact that sometimes the writing seemed a bit young consideri
Between The Lines  Book Blog
I knew this book was going to be different. I am a big fan of Kelly Elliott, so when I read this synopsis I knew I had to pick it up. I haven’t read anything from Kristin Mayer but now I definitely want to. This was book was definitely different, we got two stories for the price of one and we got two different romance genres. Once you opened up this book it immediately blows your mind. There was so much to like about this book I hope we get more.

Let’s talk about the heroines in this book. They a
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
This book is set in two different points in time, now and the 1800's. I won't lie - this concept made me a little nervous at first because I'm not really a big historical fan but Kelly and Kristin totally nailed this book!!!

In the present time you have Ashlin Thomas, Harris, Gael Stowe. In the 1800's you have Sophia, Daniel Stowe, Devlin Covington, and Colett. This is a tale of two absolutely amazing stories of how love can conquer all.

"We are all broken. It's a matter of learning how to deal wi
Sarah Larson
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love everything that Kelly and Kristin write. I was so excited when they announced that they were co-writing a book. I had never read a historical romance before so I was excited when I found out they were writing a dual genre book. This book is really two stories in one and Kelly and Kristin did an amazing job. It rotates between the past which is Daniel and Sophia's story and the present which is Ashlin and Gael's story.

Ashlin is stuck in a very unhappy relationship so when she ge
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
I've not read a historical romance in quite a while so was slightly nervous as to how Predestined Hearts would read. I've never read a duel genre book either but was intrigued as to how the contemporary and historical aspects would meld together. The result? A beautiful and amazing love story, leaving me with a lasting impression.

Ashlin Thomas and Gael Stowe are our hero and heroine from the contemporary storyline and their story is told from alternating POV. Ashlin is in Savannah for her belove
Jamie
It's all worth in the End. PREDESTINED HEARTS is Amazing

This is a wonderful book. It has a twist where we are taken back to the 1800;s throughout the journal of Sophia. Her journal is part of history where you piece your ancestors, but the journey you find is of True Love and how Love and Loss are at war, but in this Journey that Ashlin the Great, great great granddaughter of Sophia, Ashlin fines her one true love. Ashlin thought she was in love with Harris until money and power came into play.
Carron Scott
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story of Love, Lust and heartbreak.

ok I Decide to edit this, this is not a historical romance. So please don't over look this fantastic story.
I enjoyed reading this book; it was interesting how they created a link between the past and present using the journal. I must admit though that what I liked best was the fact I felt I had two stories emerging in one great book.

Carron Scott
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A story of Love, Lust and heartbreak.

I absolutely loved this book, and being a bonus it being written by both Kelly Elliott and Kristin Mayer. In it, they tells the of the stories of a present day web designer Ashlin, who's troubled childhood and uncaring boyfriend leads
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
5 ++++ Stars
Oh my goodness, there are just not enough stars to express how much I love this book!

I am not a fan of historical romance but this dual genre was AMAZING! Not only do you get a love story, you get two great love stories plus so much more!

There is love, happiness, angst, sorrow, heart breaking (have tissues), and oh so much steam!! This book has every possible thing you could ever want from a romance! I was sucked in from the beginning and could not stop.

Daniel and Sophia are so wond
Kathy
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a deep rooted emotional journey of true love that spans generations. A story of fate, destiny, magic and sorrow that will leave you with an indescribable connection to both the past and present while still allowing your heart to be content in knowing everything happens for a reason. I generally do not read historical romance BUT Kelly Elliott and Kristin Mayer are two of my favorite authors. This is a duel genre read and while one part is historical it is done in a way that was very easy ...more
Kathy
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelly
predestined Hearts

Kelly Elliott and Kristin Mayer joined forces and created a masterpiece by merging historical with contemporary romance. This story took place in the 1800’s when everything was so eloquent and beautiful. The attire, the way that women and men communicated, and held such respect, its what I love about that time period. The idea, and the execution of said idea, was done with fantastic writing, characters with depth, and elegance. Kristin and Kelly teaming up for this novel was a
Landy Sanders
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear Lord, I loved loved this book so much,with the two stories going on it was so fun to read. It was so hard for me not to just skip ahead and read Sophia's and Danny's story so I could find out what happened. I cried so much for them.
Ashlin and Gael are just two of my favorite characters now. I loved how they read to each other and both of them felt the connection to Sophia and Danny. it was just the sweetest romance story I think I've read. Wonderfully done ladies.
Nancy
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one book you MUST read!

Provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I'm not a fan of historical romance, but this book is unlike any other I have ever read. The storyline sucked me in right from the start. The past and present are intertwined perfectly. I don't know who I love more Daniel or Gael. This duel genre has everything, angst, sexiness, love and grab a tissue, you'll need it. This is one book you MUST read!
Alice Pepin-magnuson
Predestined Hearts

Loved, loved this story. Your writing brought me right there with Ashlin and Gael as their love grew for each other. The story of Sophia,s love for Danny would not let me put this book, I even had a place in my heart for Devlin. I enjoyed the journals of Sophia and Danny were heartwarming in the end I even had tears coming. To me if you can provoke these feelings you have done an excellent job at storytelling.
Tammy
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Predestined Hearts

5 stars. I absolutely loved reading Predestined Hearts and getting to meet and fall in love with Gael, Ashlin, Daniel and Sophia. This story was is filled with so much love and I was happy to be able to take the journey with these amazing couples. This is a must have buy it you won't be disappointed. Thank you to Kelly and Kristin for a beautiful and very moving story.
Catrina Brown
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a journey this story takes you on. A story about 2 couples from 2 different times who fell in love. I couldn't put this down I wanted to know what was happening next and laughed and held my breath and cried through this book loving every minute. I'm left feeling happy and sad all at the same time. Loved it.
Stacey
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply fantastic!!!

Wow! This book is amazing, so good, heartfelt, emotional, I enjoyed it beyond words to describe. One of my favorite books so far this year!

Just click purchase already,you will not regret it, it's like two stories in one!!!
Holly
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So incredibly beautiful! The enter twine of past and present is such a wonderful twist on a romance. There are ugly cry moments, but oh that ending! The ending makes the whole book! It's a wonderful complete HEA! I have that satisfied euphoria! So GOOD!
Tanya
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Predestined Hearts blew me away. I didn't know Kelly Elliot could write something so different yet
so alike to what I am used to with her books. Of course now I am going to go purchase all of Kristen Mayer's books too because Ms. Elliot wasn't alone on this one. This book contained everything I needed it to have. I am amazed at how quickly I read and fell in love with not only Gale and Ashlin's story but also with Daniel, Sophia, Devlin, and Colett.

Let me tell you a little bit about this book; s
Faye
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can only say that I can only read this once. As much as this a beautiful story, it is a freaking gut wrenching one as well.

This was actually an enjoyable read despite the bittersweet moments. I admit when I questioned the family tree that Ashlin researched I skipped to the ending and I was shocked and most especially saddened by her great great great grandparents' story.

Predestined Heart is captivating and tells a dual story of Ashlin's love story and Sophia's story. Sophia's story is written
Franci Neill
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
A sweeping epic that was beautifully written by 2 of my favorite authors!

Predestined Hearts has it all - a consuming current day love story tied to a post-Civil War love story both taking place in Savannah, GA. When I first heard about the book from the authors, I wasn't sure how they were going to tie the past in with the present. Well let me tell you, not only did they do it, they did it masterfully and beautifully! There's Lust, Melodrama, Passion and even some Crinoline....both between Ashli
Franci Neill
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
A sweeping epic that was beautifully written by 2 of my favorite authors!

Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 May 09, 2015 12:51PM
  • Christmas with a Prince (Royal Scandals, #0.5)
  • Controversy (Always After Dark #1)
  • Somebody to Love (Rock Stars in Disguise: Tryp)
  • Sunrise Song
  • Never Let Me Go (Breathe into Me, #3)
  • Love Reign o'er Me (Behind Blue Eyes, #1)
  • More Than a Memory (Cottage Grove, #1)
  • Close Protection
  • Hope: Infinity Series Short Story (Infinity, #1.5)
  • Healing Trace
  • The Way You Love Me (Safe Haven, #4)
  • The Redemption of Micah (Plum Creek, #2)
  • Senior Year
  • A Kiss is Just a Kiss (Night Games, #2)
  • The Hope List (The List Trilogy, #3)
  • Covered In Lace: The Lacey Sheridan Story (Sheet Music, #2)
  • Chronicles of a Lincoln Park Fashionista