Start by marking “A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)

A Stone in the Sea

(Bleeding Stars #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  11,589 ratings  ·  1,331 reviews
He wanted nothing at all…

Until he found she had everything to give…

Published February 21st 2015 by A.L. Jackson Books Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Stone in the Sea, please sign up.
Cathe Gordon Book one ends in a cliffhanger, definitely not a standalone. Argh...didn't know it until I got there...sigh.

·  11,589 ratings  ·  1,331 reviews

Start your review of A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
2.75 Stars

”Find love and bring it here.”

I’m a huge fan of several of this author’s books and love her writing, however the writing style that the author used for this story just didn’t fit the story line. It’s about a bad boy rock star falling for a single mom who has a secret. They meet when Sebastian and his band are sent to Tybee Island, Georgia where they awaiting word from their record company about their future.

The characters feelings are loaded down with over top description and sadly
KAS
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 FOR ALL THE FEELS Stars!!!

Why have I waited so long to read this incredibly juicy, angsty, sexy, tormenting, heart wrenching book? Well, I have no idea, but am so glad I finally picked it up and dove in blind and head first. Whenever I read a series by A. L. Jackson, I know I will be gutted, and this was no exception. Oh, the feels this one gave me. Honest to goodness, even the scene where Sebastian kisses Shea for the first time on her front porch, had me pure melting inside. It was just a ki
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I never needed anyone to love me until I needed you.”

I should have known. I should have known she would wreck me. I should have known she would give us another gut-wrenching story, and then leave only heartbreak in its wake, because this book owned me, cover to cover, every single sentence in it reminding me once again why I love this author’s writing style so dearly, and why her words affect me every single time without fail. An intense, passionate love story that had all the compo
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Tu5 by sb_zpskn8ysf5q.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/14/2016)
This sounds amazing!

Book 1 in duet.

BLURB:
A Stone in the Sea ~
He wanted nothing at all…
Until he found she had everything to give…
Sunder lead singer and guitarist Sebastian Stone has everything—fans, fame, and fortune. He also has a heart full of bitterness and a reputation for a short-fused temper. But an outward reputation rarely reveals the true man inside. Facing assault charges after trying to protect his younger brother, Sebastian is sent to Savann
~ Becs ~
 photo stone in his sea quote_zps8kwqvaz5.jpg

As the blurb states, Sebastian Stone, frontman of popular rock group Sunder, is hiding away from LA and the press in Georgia after he got himself into a whole heap of trouble. There he meets Shea who's working in a local bar and they share an immediate and undeniable attraction.

Sebastian, despite his troubled and difficult past is really quite likeable. He's pretty sincere, fiercely loyal and, despite his reputation, very much one of the good guys. Shea, who also has secrets of her own, is a ver
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****3.5 ROCK STARS****

This book started off good, then became great, then mediocre and cheesy, and ended pretty good, with a cliffhanger. All of that contributed to my 3.5 STAR rating.

You already know that with any book about rock stars there is always that one who had a fucked up childhood that scarred them for life, right? This book is no different. Sebastian aka Baz, is the lead singer from a band called Sunder – whatever that name stands for – and has an anger problem. The boy likes to settl
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I love when you decide to tackle your ever growing load of books on your kindle and get a winner. I've had this book literally forever but if you know me, I wait until the series is complete before reading it. So here I am....
I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised at what I got. I didn't read many reviews, so I kinda went into this blind. I'm glad I did.

Sebastian Stone. You amazing, hot headed, gorgeous rock star, I strangled you, I loved you, I hugged you, and I hurt for you during this ins
✦❋Arianna✦❋
2.5 STARS

description

And once again I’m minority! So...First and foremost and I want to say that I really enjoyed the writing. This was my first book by this author so I didn’t know what to expect, but the writing was one of my fav things. Even if at times it was a little annoying and...weird I enjoyed it. I wish I could say this book was everything I hoped and wished for. Unfortunately it’s not the case.

description

The story is about a musician Sebastian ‘Baz’ Stone who gets in trouble everywhere he goes (his words,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

"Dark.Light.Heavy.Soft.

What a heartbreaking story!! It is true that AL Jackson has a way of compelling you with her stories and her writing! I understand that the author in this one tried to put emphasis on the feelings using the same word many times..some people didn't like it. For me it wasn't a big problem because I loved the story and the characters so much that I forgot about it! I loved their instant love it was sweet and hot!

description

This book is about secrets..both characters have their s
Ingie
Written May 21, 2015

2 1/2 Stars - No, this was just too much drama, grand feelings (I didn't feel), angst and a lot of words words words...

A Stone in the Sea is a new m/f CR audiobook, a rock-star story. I was quite surprised when I got a giveaway winner mail (04/10/15). (view spoiler)

...But I'm sorry to say
A nice enough storyline bu
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Stormy Stars

“I don’t remember how to breathe without you”

A Stone in the Sea is the first book in the Bleeding Stars series.

This is not my first book by A.L. Jackson, but this is my first audio listen and it was FANTASTIC!

A Stone in the Sea was dramatic, emotional, and descriptive. I felt it all. I felt ripped, raw and I was ready for the next ride.

Sebastian is the lead singer for Sunder. After some negative publicity, he’s taking the calm route and he goes to Savannah, Georgia unt
Kassidy
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2015-release
This was a little too over-the-top, dramatic, and insta-lovey for me. But the ending has a great twist and I will read the sequel.
Kelli C
2.5 DEEP,DEEP,DEEP STARS

Well that was completely unexpected!

This will be a bit of a hard review for me as this book had 2 of my big bid No-No's - First I hate cliffhangers, second I hate instant love. BAM, both are present!

Quick synopsis: Sebatian "Baz" Stone is part of a rock band embarking on success but he is currently in seclusion in a small southern town...hiding from his past, dealing with his demons, trying to process his effed up life. He and his band mates, and younger brother are just
A.L. Jackson
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-of-mine
Every time I write a book, I think I couldn't possibly fall in love with my characters any more than I did with that book. Sebastian and Shea are no exception. It was such an experience writing these two, a huge challenge to me as an author, and one I'm so thankful I dived into. I hope you enjoy Sebastian and Shea just as much as I enjoyed writing them.
DKristin
WHAT IN THE MOTHER FUCKING FUCKETY FUCK SHIT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT???? WHAT THE FUCK??? YOU KNOW AL JACKSON...

UGH! I'm gonna go cry in a fucking corner now... FUCK! Review to come fucking later!

Check out My FULL Review at Kris & Vik Book Therapy Café...

Vicki
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-romance
This book really has an intense plot. There are so many half truths and deflections it is a wonder that Baz and Shea can even look at each other.
They not only look at each other, they ignite each other. From the first look there is something strong pulling them together.

Then we have the secrets, fears, regrets and more secrets. I loved Baz and Shea and especially Kallie.

I could immediately saw that Baz wanted to be liked or wanted only for himself, not his stage persona. That made total sense t
Ash
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kindle-read
“Find love and bring it here."

When I came across the cover....I knew I had to have this book.....Its just so appealing....The cover itself, and the title...and the title of the series....it was just...too beautiful for me to pass up....

The saying..."Don't judge a book by its cover"....? Yeah, that's true, you really shouldn't....because sometimes, the book is really, really bad.............but sometimes.......the book is so much better.

I seriously loved everything about this book. It wasn't
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Disappointed dissapointed dissapointed!

LOL! I couldn't handle the repetition of feelings all the time..

It was quite irritating
Penny
This book could have been so much better.

In one hand, I find that there is a lack of context in the romantic relationship between the two main characters. The intensity of the feelings that they have for each other would make more sence if the couple would have had more interaction with each other before the those feelings are so strongly felt.
I usually search for that kind of intensity in romance books and, more often than not, I am left wanting and disappointed because there is no intensity.
Anna
To feel her storm. Just for a little while. Make me forget .
Alaina
I absolutely loved this book!

This was another book I got to pick from winning a reading challenge and I was so freaking happy!!
1. because it wasn't on my TBR
2. it's a new series to me
3. THE COVER PEOPLE.

I honestly had no idea what this book was going to be about so I didn't really have any high expectations. Low and behold, I'm so happy that I didn't because this book was so freaking good!!

Sebastian and Shea were beyond freaking adorable. Seriously, their first freaking kiss made me freaking sw
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
“Where there’s beauty; there’s also pain”

This book is romantic, sexy, emotional, tender, and real. It’s the embodiment of physical longing, and raw need. The secrets and drama play out perfectly. My god! I loved this so much. I’m kicking myself for waiting so long to read this book.
Here’s the breakdown: Sebastian (Baz) is a rocker on hiatus, attempting to lay low after a legal drama in Los Angeles. When he meets Shea, it’s like lightning in a bottle. He’s caught off guard and the feeling is
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “I don’t have time for distractions.” “Butterfly” “You see me” “Dark. Light. Heavy. Soft.” Kisses

Wow…what an amazing, emotional storm of a book! Good gravy…this had everything I could have asked for and then some…fantastic, tie-me-up-in-knots angst...incredible passion and chemistry…a gorgeous broken rock star and a heartbreakingly beautiful girl…plus so many feels it almost made my heart explode. I couldn’t get enough of Baz and Shea – finished this book
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Five Stars for the story, for the characters...
BUT only 1 star for the writing :/

Rant coming:

No offense - but I hated it!!!!! < the writing - not the story - even though that's another thing - some things in the story were just stupid - but pfff it's fiction, so that's allowed!

This was my first AL Jackson book and I was really looking forward to it - because I'm a HUGE #RockstarFangirl - and I DID enjoy it - but the writing hurt my eyes and brain. I'm sure most people don't notice or don't care
Syndi
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh!!! This book is painful to listen. Miss jackson indeed brings her writing style into this book. The ballad, the angst, the drama blend into one. But this time i found it too much. Way too much. And the development between the main characters is non existing. I dont understand why sebastian interested anf falls in love with shea. And suddnly sebastian wants to protect shea and callie? Makes callie his own child?? Huh?? *raising eyebrow*

The insta love does not work at all. The alpha male from
Rachel
Overall rating (so far): 4 "Little Bug" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Bleeding Stars Series (A Stone in the Sea & Drowning to Breath)
by A.L. Jackson ~ 5 Stars

“Love of a voice that was never really heard. Love of a face that was never really seen.”

WOW! WOW! What a story! Devoured both books in 2 days. So, here is the thing: I met this beautiful author in Vegas before I read any of her books – she was so nice and gracious btw … I have this series on my kindle and I cannot believe I waited this long to start ;( I am not going to be able to stop now… onto Where Lightn
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
I've waited months to read this one. Not because I thought it would be bad as I'm a huge fan of AL Jackson's books but because my friends told me it ended on a big cliffhanger.

As the second book should be published in 2 days now I went to read this one yesterday. And I read it in one sitting, litterally. Now, I'm mad I did not wait another day or two because I still have to wait! I'm dying of frustration right now and don't have any nails left "unchewed".

The story is not a really complicated one
J. Grayland
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! A blossoming romance between the troubled lead singer of a rock band,and a small town girl, trouble follows Sebastian everywhere until he meets Shea and the chemistry they have explodes. This is a great story with a very unexpected cliffhanger at the end that I have to be patient for until June 2015 I just can not wait for it. Narrated by Sebastian York and Andi Arnt who do an amazing job.
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
Ughhhh!!! What the hell???!!!

This book is so cliche, nothing was new. Every scene was so boring and predictable. The only thing that saved this book from a dnf is Kallie. She was the cutest thing ever. The rest of the character was annoying and frustrating.

Baz and Shea's had the "instalove" kind of relationship. They also annoy me because of the push and pull bullshit relationship they have. Nope, not impressed with it. Baz was the jaded bad boy, who is in the verge of self-destruction, while Sh

• Take This Regret (Regret, #1)
  • Infinite (Salvation, #7)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Indefinite (Salvation, #6)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Cake (Cake, #1)
  • My Sinful Longing (Sinful Men #3)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men #1)
  • Say I'm Yours (Return to Me, #3)
  • Pulled
  • Defenseless (Salvation, #5)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, BLEEDING STARS, FIGHT FOR ME, CONFESSIONS OF THE HEART, and FALLING STARS novels. Grab her latest stand-alone, CATCH ME WHEN I FALL, free with

Bleeding Stars (6 books)
  • Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars, #2)
  • Where Lightning Strikes (Bleeding Stars, #3)
  • Wait (Bleeding Stars, #4)
  • Stay (Bleeding Stars, #5)
  • Stand (Bleeding Stars, #6)