Start by marking “A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)

A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  9,705 Ratings  ·  1,188 Reviews
He wanted nothing at all…

Until he found she had everything to give…

Published February 21st 2015 by A.L. Jackson Books Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Stone in the Sea, please sign up.
Cathe Gordon Book one ends in a cliffhanger, definitely not a standalone. Argh...didn't know it until I got there...sigh.

Jennifer Kyle
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
2.75 Stars

”Find love and bring it here.”

I’m a huge fan of several of this author’s books and love her writing, however the writing style that the author used for this story just didn’t fit the story line. It’s about a bad boy rock star falling for a single mom who has a secret. They meet when Sebastian and his band are sent to Tybee Island, Georgia where they awaiting word from their record company about their future.

The characters feelings are loaded down with over top description and sadly t
KAS
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 FOR ALL THE FEELS Stars!!!

Why have I waited so long to read this incredibly juicy, angsty, sexy, tormenting, heart wrenching book? Well, I have no idea, but am so glad I finally picked it up and dove in blind and head first. Whenever I read a series by A. L. Jackson, I know I will be gutted, and this was no exception. Oh, the feels this one gave me. Honest to goodness, even the scene where Sebastian kisses Shea for the first time on her front porch, had me pure melting inside. It was just a ki
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I never needed anyone to love me until I needed you.”

I should have known. I should have known she would wreck me. I should have known she would give us another gut-wrenching story, and then leave only heartbreak in its wake, because this book owned me, cover to cover, every single sentence in it reminding me once again why I love this author’s writing style so dearly, and why her words affect me every single time without fail. An intense, passionate love story that had all the components I
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Tu5 by sb_zpskn8ysf5q.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/14/2016)
This sounds amazing!

Book 1 in duet.

BLURB:
A Stone in the Sea ~
He wanted nothing at all…
Until he found she had everything to give…
Sunder lead singer and guitarist Sebastian Stone has everything—fans, fame, and fortune. He also has a heart full of bitterness and a reputation for a short-fused temper. But an outward reputation rarely reveals the true man inside. Facing assault charges after trying to protect his younger brother, Sebastian is sent to Savannah,
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****3.5 ROCK STARS****

This book started off good, then became great, then mediocre and cheesy, and ended pretty good, with a cliffhanger. All of that contributed to my 3.5 STAR rating.

You already know that with any book about rock stars there is always that one who had a fucked up childhood that scarred them for life, right? This book is no different. Sebastian aka Baz, is the lead singer from a band called Sunder – whatever that name stands for – and has an anger problem. The boy likes to settl
~ Becs ~
 photo stone in his sea quote_zps8kwqvaz5.jpg

As the blurb states, Sebastian Stone, frontman of popular rock group Sunder, is hiding away from LA and the press in Georgia after he got himself into a whole heap of trouble. There he meets Shea who's working in a local bar and they share an immediate and undeniable attraction.

Sebastian, despite his troubled and difficult past is really quite likeable. He's pretty sincere, fiercely loyal and, despite his reputation, very much one of the good guys. Shea, who also has secrets of her own, is a ver
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I love when you decide to tackle your ever growing load of books on your kindle and get a winner. I've had this book literally forever but if you know me, I wait until the series is complete before reading it. So here I am....
I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised at what I got. I didn't read many reviews, so I kinda went into this blind. I'm glad I did.

Sebastian Stone. You amazing, hot headed, gorgeous rock star, I strangled you, I loved you, I hugged you, and I hurt for you during this inst
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
2.5 STARS

description

And once again I’m minority! So...First and foremost and I want to say that I really enjoyed the writing. This was my first book by this author so I didn’t know what to expect, but the writing was one of my fav things. Even if at times it was a little annoying and...weird I enjoyed it. I wish I could say this book was everything I hoped and wished for. Unfortunately it’s not the case.

description

The story is about a musician Sebastian ‘Baz’ Stone who gets in trouble everywhere he goes (his words,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

"Dark.Light.Heavy.Soft.

What a heartbreaking story!! It is true that AL Jackson has a way of compelling you with her stories and her writing! I understand that the author in this one tried to put emphasis on the feelings using the same word many times..some people didn't like it. For me it wasn't a big problem because I loved the story and the characters so much that I forgot about it! I loved their instant love it was sweet and hot!

description

This book is about secrets..both characters have their s
Kassidy
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-release, ebooks
This was a little too over-the-top, dramatic, and insta-lovey for me. But the ending has a great twist and I will read the sequel.
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Stormy Stars

“I don’t remember how to breathe without you”

A Stone in the Sea is the first book in the Bleeding Stars series.

This is not my first book by A.L. Jackson, but this is my first audio listen and it was FANTASTIC!

A Stone in the Sea was dramatic, emotional, and descriptive. I felt it all. I felt ripped, raw and I was ready for the next ride.

Sebastian is the lead singer for Sunder. After some negative publicity, he’s taking the calm route and he goes to Savannah, Georgia until all t
Ingela
Written May 21, 2015

2 1/2 Stars - No, this was just too much drama, grand feelings (I didn't feel), angst and a lot of words words words...

A Stone in the Sea is a new m/f CR audiobook, a rock-star story. I was quite surprised when I got a giveaway winner mail (04/10/15). (view spoiler)

...But I'm sorry to say
A nice enough storyline but it all felt to
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
2.5 DEEP,DEEP,DEEP STARS

Well that was completely unexpected!

This will be a bit of a hard review for me as this book had 2 of my big bid No-No's - First I hate cliffhangers, second I hate instant love. BAM, both are present!

Quick synopsis: Sebatian "Baz" Stone is part of a rock band embarking on success but he is currently in seclusion in a small southern town...hiding from his past, dealing with his demons, trying to process his effed up life. He and his band mates, and younger brother are just
Vicki
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-romance
This book really has an intense plot. There are so many half truths and deflections it is a wonder that Baz and Shea can even look at each other.
They not only look at each other, they ignite each other. From the first look there is something strong pulling them together.

Then we have the secrets, fears, regrets and more secrets. I loved Baz and Shea and especially Kallie.

I could immediately saw that Baz wanted to be liked or wanted only for himself, not his stage persona. That made total sense t
Ashley
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kindle-read
“Find love and bring it here."

When I came across the cover....I knew I had to have this book.....Its just so appealing....The cover itself, and the title...and the title of the series....it was just...too beautiful for me to pass up....

The saying..."Don't judge a book by its cover"....? Yeah, that's true, you really shouldn't....because sometimes, the book is really, really bad.............but sometimes.......the book is so much better.

I seriously loved everything about this book. It wasn't ju
DKristin
WHAT IN THE MOTHER FUCKING FUCKETY FUCK SHIT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT???? WHAT THE FUCK??? YOU KNOW AL JACKSON...

UGH! I'm gonna go cry in a fucking corner now... FUCK! Review to come fucking later!

Check out My FULL Review at Kris & Vik Book Therapy Café...

Penny
This book could have been so much better.

In one hand, I find that there is a lack of context in the romantic relationship between the two main characters. The intensity of the feelings that they have for each other would make more sence if the couple would have had more interaction with each other before the those feelings are so strongly felt.
I usually search for that kind of intensity in romance books and, more often than not, I am left wanting and disappointed because there is no intensity.
A.L. Jackson
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-of-mine
Every time I write a book, I think I couldn't possibly fall in love with my characters any more than I did with that book. Sebastian and Shea are no exception. It was such an experience writing these two, a huge challenge to me as an author, and one I'm so thankful I dived into. I hope you enjoy Sebastian and Shea just as much as I enjoyed writing them.
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Disappointed dissapointed dissapointed!

LOL! I couldn't handle the repetition of feelings all the time..

It was quite irritating
Anna
To feel her storm. Just for a little while. Make me forget .
Alaina Meserole
I absolutely loved this book!

This was another book I got to pick from winning a reading challenge and I was so freaking happy!!
1. because it wasn't on my TBR
2. it's a new series to me
3. THE COVER PEOPLE.

I honestly had no idea what this book was going to be about so I didn't really have any high expectations. Low and behold, I'm so happy that I didn't because this book was so freaking good!!

Sebastian and Shea were beyond freaking adorable. Seriously, their first freaking kiss made me freaking sw
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
“Where there’s beauty; there’s also pain”

This book is romantic, sexy, emotional, tender, and real. It’s the embodiment of physical longing, and raw need. The secrets and drama play out perfectly. My god! I loved this so much. I’m kicking myself for waiting so long to read this book.
Here’s the breakdown: Sebastian (Baz) is a rocker on hiatus, attempting to lay low after a legal drama in Los Angeles. When he meets Shea, it’s like lightning in a bottle. He’s caught off guard and the feeling is m
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “I don’t have time for distractions.” “Butterfly” “You see me” “Dark. Light. Heavy. Soft.” Kisses

Wow…what an amazing, emotional storm of a book! Good gravy…this had everything I could have asked for and then some…fantastic, tie-me-up-in-knots angst...incredible passion and chemistry…a gorgeous broken rock star and a heartbreakingly beautiful girl…plus so many feels it almost made my heart explode. I couldn’t get enough of Baz and Shea – finished this book
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Five Stars for the story, for the characters...
BUT only 1 star for the writing :/

Rant coming:

No offense - but I hated it!!!!! < the writing - not the story - even though that's another thing - some things in the story were just stupid - but pfff it's fiction, so that's allowed!

This was my first AL Jackson book and I was really looking forward to it - because I'm a HUGE #RockstarFangirl - and I DID enjoy it - but the writing hurt my eyes and brain. I'm sure most people don't notice or don't ca
J. Grayland
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! A blossoming romance between the troubled lead singer of a rock band,and a small town girl, trouble follows Sebastian everywhere until he meets Shea and the chemistry they have explodes. This is a great story with a very unexpected cliffhanger at the end that I have to be patient for until June 2015 I just can not wait for it. Narrated by Sebastian York and Andi Arnt who do an amazing job.
Rachel
Overall rating (so far): 4 "Little Bug" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Bleeding Stars Series (A Stone in the Sea & Drowning to Breath)
by A.L. Jackson ~ 5 Stars

“Love of a voice that was never really heard. Love of a face that was never really seen.”

WOW! WOW! What a story! Devoured both books in 2 days. So, here is the thing: I met this beautiful author in Vegas before I read any of her books – she was so nice and gracious btw … I have this series on my kindle and I cannot believe I waited this long to start ;( I am not going to be able to stop now… onto Where Li
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
I've waited months to read this one. Not because I thought it would be bad as I'm a huge fan of AL Jackson's books but because my friends told me it ended on a big cliffhanger.

As the second book should be published in 2 days now I went to read this one yesterday. And I read it in one sitting, litterally. Now, I'm mad I did not wait another day or two because I still have to wait! I'm dying of frustration right now and don't have any nails left "unchewed".

The story is not a really complicated one
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
Ughhhh!!! What the hell???!!!

This book is so cliche, nothing was new. Every scene was so boring and predictable. The only thing that saved this book from a dnf is Kallie. She was the cutest thing ever. The rest of the character was annoying and frustrating.

Baz and Shea's had the "instalove" kind of relationship. They also annoy me because of the push and pull bullshit relationship they have. Nope, not impressed with it. Baz was the jaded bad boy, who is in the verge of self-destruction, while Sh
Mary
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!! I always wait so long to read books....I should have read this one long ago. This story gripped me and captured my attention. The amazing chemistry between Sebastian and Shea was just sooooooo good! I was so engrossed in their relationship and what was going to happen. That ending?! Didn't see it coming. Too coincidental, and just kinda threw me for a loop....cannot wait to see what happens in the next book.
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Louder Than Love (Love & Steel, #1)
  • Over the Hills and Far Away (NOLA's Own, #1)
  • Epic Sins (Epic Fail, #1)
  • No Apologies
  • Friction
  • The Legend of Arturo King (Legendary Rock Star, #1)
  • Rockin' the Heart (Hot Wired #1)
  • Liquid Regret (Liquid Regret, #1)
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
  • Before He Was Famous (Starstruck, #1)
  • A Lush Betrayal (Lush, #1)
  • Easy Silence
  • Mayhem (Mayhem, #1)
  • The Resistance (Hard to Resist, #1)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Rock Me Hard (The Rock Star's Seduction, #1)
  • Famous (Famous, #1)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, and BLEEDING STARS novels.

Watch for LEAD ME HOME, the third sexy, heart-warming romance in the new Fight For Me series, coming mid-2018

If
More about A.L. Jackson

Bleeding Stars (6 books)
  • Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars, #2)
  • Where Lightning Strikes (Bleeding Stars, #3)
  • Wait (Bleeding Stars, #4)
  • Stay (Bleeding Stars, #5)
  • Stand (Bleeding Stars, #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be