Start by marking “Shadows of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadows of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family Series #2)

Shadows of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Some shadows are as dark as night.

At least mine are.

My name is Grayson Winters and you’ve already been introduced to my family’s story.

Four months have passed since Lilith moved into Whitestone Manor to be with my brother, Orson. Now they’re getting married and it’s all I can do not to gag when they giggle at each other. Whitestone Manor represents nothing but secrets an
Published May 5th 2015 (first published May 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Shadows of Whitestone Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows of Whitestone Manor

Lydia H
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shadows of Whitestone Manor is a MUST READ. There. I will start with that. Go buy it and also grab book 1, Secrets of Whitestone Manor, too! I highly recommend you read them in order, although it’s not totally necessary. Okay – now that we got that out of the way, let’s talk a bit about the amazingness that is this book, because it’s just that – AMAZING. I highlighted so-many-quotes!!!! Heck, I highlighted entire SCENES!

“Life at Whitestone Manor was once again wobbling on the edge of a mountain
EndlessReading
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I want to hive Brittany a HUGE thank you for kindly providing me with a copy of "Shadows Of Whitestone Manor" to read and review...I absolutely LOVE her work

James clearly has no boundaries when it comes to writing an extraordinary novel, this adds another notch to her belt in the writing department.

I love how she always manages to sneak in a tiny piece of God within her writing...

"I bind to myself today,
God's power to guide me;
God's might to uphold me;
God's wisdom to teach me;
God's e
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
After reading the first book in The Winters Family series, I was instantly wanting and waiting for James to give us the sequel. I was a huge fan of her writing style, the depth of character and the plot. That being said, you can imagine that I expected a lot and more from this second book in the series.

I was not let down. This book is brilliant! As an extension to the series, it picks up right where we left off, with a few straggling details and events of a more mild nature to take care of, such
Shanoff Reads
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
** I received an ARC for an honest review.**

Once again Brittany Jo James has captured my attention with her different style of writing. I really am enjoying The Winters Family Series. I am loving all of the characters and the way that this series is different from the books that I have read lately.

I really like that the main focus of this book is the storyline with some romance. I love that the romance isn't overdone and unbelievable. I like that the romance isn't the main reason of the whole b
ByoBook Club
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Book two of the Whitestone Manor is Grayson's story. Grayson is the second to oldest and is lost about his place with his siblings. He is searching for something and doesn't know what it is. But in the midst of feeling lost and alone he meets someone that will change his outlook and give him what he has been missing since his parents death.
Ava is a sheltered young lady and the child of an employee that hides a dangerous secret. Ava wants to be free of the stronghold that her parents hav
Petula
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★★★★★
Whitestone Manor is being prepared for a wedding. It will be the first time that anyone outside the family has been inside the grounds for many years.
Grayson Winters is the second son of the family, and has always considered himself the black sheep.
Since the death of their parents the Winters siblings lived with uncle Sebastian. With his death they must all step up and take over all the family business. Grayson feels like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, with no relief in s
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shadows of Whitestone Manor is book two in the The Winters Family Series. I suggest you read book one, Secrets of Whitestone Manor first. In the first book we meet the Winters family and find out the secrets they have. The first book was Orson's story. The second book in Grayson's story.

I really loved Grayson in the first book so I was super excited to read his story. Grayson is kind of the wild card in the family, you even know what he's going to do or say.
The dynamics in the house are changi
Steffy Rogers
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! That's pretty much the extend of my feelings right now. Brittany has blown me away once again.

In this book we learn about life at Whitestone Manor from Grayson's point of view. He has been in love with Ava Prescott for as long as he can remember. But putting her in danger is not an option and against the rules in their fight against the bad in the world.

Brittany did an excellent job with keeping the readers on their toes. The entire time while reading I couldn't help but feel angsty about
Indies Heart
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brittany Jo James always captures you in the very beginning of each of her books. That goes for Shadows Of Whitestone Manor as well. There are so many things going on, so many secrets. You will be ready to keep turning the pages to find out what is going to happen next. Brittany writes a story full of emotion. You will feel like you are in the story with the characters. If you haven't read book one, I recommend it as well as Shadows Of Whitestone Manor! You won't be sorry!
Amy Speligene
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This second book of the series continues on with the story of the Winters Family so well! It keeps it interesting and doesn't just follow along the same pattern as the first book. Brittany keeps this series going without it dropping into boring-land, and I cannot wait for the rest of the series to be released!!
Stacey Gannett
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another absolutely amazing story, full of suspense, adventure, and romance! I can't wait for the next installment!
Ronnie
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it

I found this book as enjoyable as the first one. I give it s 3.5. If you want to know how the Wwinters family is doing then jump right in and read this book.

On the day that Lilith and Orson get married, the Winters family is once again threatened by the Church of Lucifer. This time around it is time to find a wife for the second brother in the family, Grayson.

This is his story, he is unsettled and not sure of where he fits in the scheme of things and Whitestone Manor.

It is the day of Orson and
Hooked On Books
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the elements were there for this to be a great story however it failed to transpire that way for me when reading it. The excitement and intrigue and danger from the first book never seems to make an appearance in Shadows of Whitestone Manor. Gray, who is only eighteen years old comes across as much more mature in years, in his manner, his way of talking and his actions and in particular in his way of handling his emotions regarding Ava the girl he has been infatuated with since he was eight ...more
Brittany James
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shadows of Whitestone Manor: The Winters Family Series, Book Two will be available May 5, 2015 on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo!
Wendy
Kelli
May 06, 2015
7196534
Hi there!

So, I'm Brittany Jo James.

I'm a military wife, mother of two boys, author of a few books, child of Almighty God, Oklahoma girl trying to survive in Alaska, owner of a Shar-Pei and a toy Pomeranian, smiling-makes-me-happy type of person.

Yeah. That's about it. Read my books! ;)
More about Brittany Jo James...

The Winters Family (2 books)
  • Secrets of Whitestone Manor (The Winters Family Series #1)