Start by marking “Gefallene Götter (Star Trek: Titan, #7)” as Want to Read:
Gefallene Götter (Star Trek: Titan, #7)

Gefallene Götter

(Star Trek: Titan #7)

In den unbekannten Weiten des Beta-Quadranten wird die Suche nach der lange verlorenen Schnell-Terraforming-Technologie einer uralten Zivilisation fortgesetzt. Sie wäre ein Segen für viele von den Borg verwüstete Welten innerhalb und außerhalb der Föderation.

Die wissenschaftlichen Experten der Titan stoßen auf den Planeten Ta’ith, wo Überbleibsel einer ehemals großen Zivil
Published July 28th 2014 by Cross Cult (first published August 2012)

Start your review of Gefallene Götter (Star Trek: Titan, #7)
C.T. Phipps
Sep 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a fan of the STAR TREK: TITAN series and also the TYPHON PACT but the crossovers with the latter have been hard to track down to get a real picture of the events going on.

In this case, though, we actually get to see what it is like for the Andorians in Starfleet that have to deal with the fact their homeworld has Brexited from the Federation. I found this plot to be easily the most interesting part of the story and is distracted from by the "main" plot where there is a planet that has advan
Christopher
This book was tough to review because I honestly like half of the story. That, however, was the problem; there were two distinct and completely unrelated stories.

Important disclaimer first: If have not read previous books in the Star Trek Titan series or in expanded Star trek Universe, this book will absolutely make no sense to you.

Did I scare everyone off? Ok then. Fallen Gods, as previously mentioned, is two distinct stories - a ship-side story and a scary alien planet story. The ship in the
John Carter McKnight
I was torn between 2 and 3 stars, and finally decided that, though it wasn't what I wanted, it was a solid example of what it is. I haven't been reading any of the Trek ship series: I returned to the books for the Typhon Pact storyline, and picked up this one as a crossover.

Fallen Gods reads like an episode of TOS or TNG. Which, if that's what you're looking for, is great. I came for an ongoing storyline of galactic-political intrigue, and felt all the way through like I was reading something I'
Daniel Kukwa
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
The ancient alien race and its remnants are slightly side-swiped in this novel by the post-succession Andorian politics (and the plot strand introduced here doesn't get very far in the long run), but the character work with the Titan crew is outstanding. I'm impressed by how much hard Asimov/Clarke-style SF runs through many of these Titan novels. The authors arent afraid of pushing boundaries, and I appreciate the effort. ...more
Dan
May 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: titan, star-trek, e-books
Fallen Gods is not a terrible novel. It's just kind of... there. The prose is bland, and the story is not terribly engrossing. There are some positives in the novel: for example, Tuvok's reaction to the loss of the eco-sculpting knowledge from the previous novel was very interesting, and I would have loved to have the author explore that idea a little more.

Fallen Gods seems to retread a lot of ground previously covered in other novels. Nothing really happens to advance the characters all that mu
Nicolas
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
You have but to look back on my past reviews to see that Titan is my least favorite Star Trek series... and I've read New Frontier. That being said, I was surprised at how much I liked this. The Andorian plot was great and it actually focused on recognizable characters. This is literally the first time I've read one of these where I wanted to pick up the next book instantly. I hope this is an indication of what is to come.

I discuss this in more detail in this episode of the All the Books Show Po
Crystal Bensley
A good Titan novel focusing on the Andorians on board after their world leaving the Federation. Slow in some parts but a decent story.
Christopher
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are some interesting plot elements here. First of all, the fallout of the Andorian secession, which forces Titan's Andorian crew members to face some difficult decisions. Then there is the planet that Titan discovers while this political situation is simmering. It is near a very radiation-intense pulsar and is home to a race of giant genderless centipedes or something, who are basically in a state of civil war. Then an Andorian ship shows up, wanting the Titan's Andorians to go back home w ...more
Jess
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a lot of middling to out and out stinkers of a Star Trek book this year. This one however has not one of them. In spite of NOT being a Typhon Pact novel per se, it deals with the ramifications of a lot of the Typhon Pact in a much more mature and intelligent way that most of the Typhon Pact novels I've gotten to thus far. You know how Star Trek is at its best when it's commenting on social ills of our time? This book was written when the 'immigrants in the military' issue was coming up ...more
Justin
May 05, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scif-fi
This novel has four subplots, one of which was the weakest and appeared about 2/3 of the way through. Some of the subplots were part of the story arc - the investigation of a dying planet near a powerful pulsar while others continued the Typhon Pact arc.

Star Trek: Titan is serialized, but not as bad as other series, and readers need to remember the events of the previous books. Michael Martin does a good job of summarizing and recalling previous events in the series that were written by other a
Star Trek    Novels and Comics
I gave this a One Star. I read this and I don't even think they saved anyone at the end of the novel. At least it left me confused and unclear if the main objective of the novel was actually accomplished.

Forgettable. Difficult to read. Due to the run on sentence problem this writer has... Overly wordy nonsene.

Look, there are a great deal of Bad Star Trek Titan novels. for various reasons but I had to get the word out on this one ASAP

AVOID. Fallen Gods is probably the worst Star Trek Titan Nove
Scott Williams
This one moves apace. There’s quite a bit of action and Martin does a great job of making sure it’s clear what’s happening where. I feel badly for all the torture that these novels seem to be putting Tuvok through! I really hope he gets some time to heal and return to himself now.
D A Lightcap
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saving one world and a surprising discovery

Fighting to fix the mistake of entering this world's space. An old ally arrived with it's mystery to solve. But this is not the ending but a step along the way.
Richard Sampson
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek-titan
This was a very good read. I do hope I can find more of this series, since I am curious what other adventures of the Titan are out there. This series makes you feel for all the characters on the starship.
Jeremy Campbell
Meh another Titan book

This books was ok though the story rang as rather hollow for me. The Andorian situation felt like it went in circles till the end when it was explained.
Jamie
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall it's not a bad book but it's lacking in something. I wasn't sure what it was a few years ago when I read it originally and I'm still not sure today ...more
Frank Normansell
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best Titan novel yet. I really enjoyed but it is still not a STNG book which trumps any other Star trek novel.
Brett T
During the heyday of Star Trek novel publication, Pocket Books put more than a hundred books into print telling stories from the original 1960s series as well as later spinoffs The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. Voyager and Enterprise novels started showing up as the franchise glutted the market and also some non-broadcast series like Peter David's New Frontier books.

One characteristic of most of the novels during the saturation period was how little attention they paid to each other's con
Bridget Petrella
Though the United Federation of Planets still reels from Andor’s political decision that will forever affect the coalition, Captain William T. Riker and the crew of the U.S.S. Titan are carrying out Starfleet’s renewed commitment to deep space exploration. While continuing to search the Beta Quadrant’s unknown expanses for an ancient civilization’s long-lost quick-terraforming technology— a potential boon to many Borg-ravaged worlds across the Federation and beyond— Titan’s science specialists e ...more
Barry
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A planet and civilisation under threat from a pulsar where the ship's engine makes it worse, a former friendly race with a very naughty plan, and a general continuation of the themes from the last few Titan novels (artificial intelligence, and an ancient species that have left their technology throughout a region of unexplored space) combine with the ongoing Typhon Pact saga in a challenging and barely fulfilling story... if you can get to the end, then a flicker of light will reward you. But go ...more
Maurice Jr.
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner! After facing down the Gorn over a terraforming device, Tuvok and SecondGenWhiteBlue both have the knowledge of how to rebuild the destroyed device locked into their brains. White-Blue has been non-responsive since the sentient device mind melded with him and Tuvok, and Tuvok is concerned at the destructive potential of the device if he were to access the information and build a new one.

As he ponders things, Captain Riker has multiple concerns. Titan is approaching the Vela Pulsar
Larry Mills
This is a story that pits stereotypical logical,rational scientists against illiterate,uneducated, and violent religionists and does so with some of the most purple prose I have ever read.
An example...
"Behind the lengthening shadows of the ancient Whetu'irawaru ruins that stretched beyond the horizon, the cruel day slid inexorably toward the unsatisfying surcease of another encroaching evening. As night approached, the restive impatience of the Thousand slowly transformed from a formless, inchoa
Jimyanni
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mediocre plot, great subplot:

The main plot of this story was a fairly bland, run-of-the-mill Star Trek story: Titan and its crew meet a representative of an alien race in trouble, and help them in spite of some misunderstandings and some technical difficulties. It is moderately interesting that the aliens are actually seriously ALIEN for a change: sentient beings that look like a cross between a giant cockroach, a giant lobster, and a giant millipede, who communicate by making noises with their
Paul Lunger
If there has been any series of books that has rarely missed lately, it's been the Titan series which has tried to become TNG in it's own right, but for the first time in a while with "Fallen Gods" we have a story that really leaves you almost what did we really do here. In this installment, the Titan continues its exploration of the Gum Nebula with its sights set on a world near the Vela Pulsar & a civilization called the Ta'ith who really aren't all that well fleshed out. Martin's story also b ...more
Matt Randall
This wasn't the best Titan novel. What was, to me, the most interesting part of the novel was the Andorian situation (Starfleet ordering the Andorian officers off the Titan and to posts that were less classified) was given very little attention until the end, and just when it was getting good, the book ended! Obviously it will be picked up in later novels, which I'm looking forward to.

Part of what made this book not work for me were the chapters done from the POV of the alien. They just weren't
Cameron James
This Titan novel is both a continuation of the Titan series, as well as a continuation of the Typhon Pact storyline. I have to say that I found this novel to be more enjoyable than I had expected it to be. On the whole, I have not been too thrilled with the Titan series, nor with the Typhon Pact series. I sometimes think they both lack the punch that a series like Voyager or Deep Space Nine has.

However, Martin pens an interesting tale here. Titan needs to get closer to the planet, but their pres
John Christensen
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
This started out as a pretty good star trek plot - an equal amounts of exploration and political puzzler. And if they had stuck to that, it might have been a good read.

Unfortunately, they did not. The political issues was then complicated by new elements whom seemed to not affect the outcome of the book, except in a way that may or may not get taken up in a future book (or just dropped entirely). The political problem was, in fact, sold by a macguffin that no one was able to even guess at until
Nathan
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure what I think about the latest of the Titan books.

I love large story arcs, so in that regard I've enjoyed the parts of this novel that have to do with the Andorians among the crew of the Titan as well as the implications of the eco-sculpting technology in the wake of the Borg attacks.

What I'm less keen on is the "filler" story to do with yet another bizarre alien race whose world is on the brink of destruction and only the Titan's crew can fix it. And that really seems to me to be
Glenn Crouch
Dec 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
On the whole, I have enjoyed following Riker and Troi in the voyages of the Starship Titan. This book continues the threads from previous novels, as well as what is happening in the Titan Pact novels.

I would probably give it 3.5 if half stars were permitted :)

Whilst the overall story was good, and I don't mind that we are left with some questions for later books, I did think it became a little disjointed from the middle to near the end - and then "rushed" to close.

I had deduced what was going on
Star Trek Reads: Fallen Gods 1 16 Nov 25, 2012 10:39AM
Goodreads Librari...: Fallen Fixes 5 32 Aug 04, 2012 08:10PM

• Fortune of War
  • Revelation and Dust (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Paths of Disharmony (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)
  • The Struggle Within (Star Trek: Typhon Pact #5)
  • Gods of Night (Star Trek: Destiny #1)
  • Raise the Dawn (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #7)
  • Mere Mortals (Star Trek: Destiny #2)
  • Lost Souls (Star Trek: Destiny, #3)
  • Peaceable Kingdoms (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • The Crimson Shadow (Star Trek: Typhon Pact)
  • Rough Beasts of Empire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #3)
  • Plagues of Night (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #6)
  • The Body Electric (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #3)
  • The Poisoned Chalice (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • The Persistence of Memory (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #1)
  • Indistinguishable from Magic (Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Second Decade #7)
  • A Ceremony of Losses (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Silent Weapons (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #2)
Michael A. Martin's solo short fiction has appeared in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. He has also coauthored (with Andy Mangels) several Star Trek comics for Marvel and Wildstorm and numerous Star Trek novels and eBooks, including the USA Today bestseller Titan: Book One: Taking Wing; Titan: Book Two: The Red King; the Sy Fy Genre Award-winning Star Trek: Worlds of Deep Space 9 Book Tw ...more

Star Trek: Titan (10 books)
  • Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1)
  • The Red King (Star Trek: Titan, #2)
  • Orion's Hounds (Star Trek: Titan, #3)
  • Sword of Damocles  (Star Trek: Titan, #4)
  • Over a Torrent Sea (Star Trek: Titan, #5)
  • Synthesis (Star Trek: Titan, #6)
  • Absent Enemies (Star Trek: Titan)
  • Sight Unseen (Star Trek: Titan)
  • Fortune of War