Start by marking “Dorm Game (The Brazen Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dorm Game (The Brazen Boys, #1)

Dorm Game

(The Brazen Boys #1)

Michael will soon learn that Andrews sexual interests are far from ordinary ...

***Contains: M/M sexuality and adult language.
Published February 24th 2015 by Frozenfyre Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dorm Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dorm Game

Start your review of Dorm Game (The Brazen Boys, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Dorm Game is book one in The Brazen Boys novella series by Daryl Banner. This is a series of nine novellas which can all be read as stand alones in any order.

dorm game daryl banner - Google Search

Michael first saw Andrew Knudson in his Intro to Psychology class in his sophomore year of college. He was instantly obsessed with the beautiful muscular boy. He didnt have the nerve to speak to him but couldnt take his eyes from him. On the day the professor assigned a partnership project, he couldnt believe no one else was rushing to try
Judith
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** 5 SEXY STARS !! ***

Wow, really enjoyed this....

Michael is obsessed with his classmate Andrew....stalking and lusting after him.They are eventually brought together on a class project and so the dorm games begin.Andrew always has to be in control until Michael plays a game of his own which brings the two men closer together

I regarded it just as little,a light and silent laughter fluttering in my chest as I wrestled tongue and mouth with the boy of my dreams in my messy dorm bed

These two had
☆ Todd
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Meh. Control games. Not really my thing.

Michael is smitten with Andrew and they start playing 'games' in Michael's dorm room. Always by Andrew's rules though.

It's kind of titillating in parts, but there's not really enough description of events to call it erotica (a few BJ's and some hand action, very few kisses,) zero indication of feelings from Andrew, although Michael clearly wants more.

The end is kind of cute and hints that things will change as Andrew loosens his grip on the reigns of their
Toni FGMAMTC
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, new-adult
I've found the world's greatest source of renewable energy, and it is horniness.
Daryl is one of my all time favorite authors. Up until now, what I have read from him has been more fantasy storyline and less arousal based. When I found out he was going to write a sexy M/M contemporary, I couldn't wait to get my eyes on it.

I was not disappointed. He brought the sexy while still delivering that differently awesome 'Daryl' way of wording things.

Michael is kinda nerdish. He has the hots for Mr.
Steven
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: naughty, mm, read-in-2018
Wasn't really into the tickling, but the rest was kinda hot :P
Catherine
Meh.

I confess: I like reading about control games. They can be totally hot if balanced with genuine emotion between characters and if the games fulfill some deep need for each party. But I never felt quite like Dorm Game got there; there wasn't enough sex to call it erotica, and not enough emotion to call it romance. Not really sure what this was.

Also worth noting that there's no on page sex - merely a couple of hand jobs, BJs, and two or three kisses.
Sue
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first in a series of novellas from Daryl Banner...author of The Beautiful Dead series and The Outlier series.
Each book is a complete standalone story and they can be read in any order.
The first installment is about two college students...one a cocky buff "player" (he likes to play games) and the other a more serious boy obsessed with his new friend and desperately in need of his attention.
It is sexy, funny and addresses the issue of men who can't be real with who they are unless they are
Alex Tuttle
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Michael horny with a capital H, and has eyes for the too-hot-to-be-true guy in class. Andrew likes to be in control and play head games, leaving Michael more frustrated than satisfied half the time, and only letting his guard down on one drunken night. Even though Michael gets into the games, he cant tell if Andrew actually cares at all, and a guy can only take so much.

Dorm Game is a great quick read with an excellent balance of funny, steamy, and sweet. I cant wait for more!
Amanda
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seeing as I hate to give away the plot and some of my fellow reviewers have already done a great wrap of what kind of story this is I'll just tell you my thoughts on Dorm Game.

First and foremost you should know that this is a m/m story and if that isn't your thing than I would recommend you try some of Daryl's other awesome books like Outlier or The Beautiful Dead. I personally like to read romance in anything because when is love ever a bad thing?

Much flapping of arms and squeeing occurred when
Joood Hooligan
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for am honest review.

Having read 3 of Daryl's other books, I had to ask if I didn't to be made aware if this book would make me sob in public because both Dead of Winter and Outlier: Rebellion caused such reactions. I was going to be around people, and I had to be sure!

...turns out that is NOT what I needed to worry about while in public. Because, gawd damn. This book has some shmexiness.

By some, I mean a lot.

And now I've been sucked into
Lisa Cullinan
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read
Good fast read

What starts out as a Psych project using games between two twenty year old college classmates, turns into a game of tug of war for dominance for Michael and Andrew. I actually became fascinated by how everything had to have a winner and a loser when really, the end result was seemed like a win/win to me! Clever story and very well written ...
Jay
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manuela-rec
It didn't work for me. I didn't like the guys so it's no for this.
5amWriterMan
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOT! OMG! Tight erection for the entire story! If Andrew is looking for a new roommate or game player, count me in!
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay, this is the second book in this.....catagory that I have read. I wanted to try something new and outside my comfort zone. This book could be classified as a M/M romance. Or maybe erotica. I am no expert in these kinds of things. But it really wasn't any different that reading about a straight couple.

I don't know how much more outside my comfort zone I can get with this book. If I am being completely honest with myself, I can say that didn't expect to like it at all.

I love when a book
Beth
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Renewable Energy Stars

This first line cracked me up. Truer words have never been spoken. Entire industries are built on this premise. Daryl Banner has it right.

Andrew and Micheal are in college. And boy, do they get and give an education. Lessons in control, mind games, pleasure and patience.

Michael wants to explore being who he is. He knows he's gay, but doesn't really know how to be gay. He needs a tutor.
Shawna The Crazy Bookseller
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, ebook
There are some authors who's work is so good that I will buy and read anything they write. Daryl Banner has become one of those authors. He genre jumps and each book has his unique voice with a small change to fit the books theme. His newest book Dorm Game, a M/M erotica, didn't disappoint and I loved it. I felt like a naughty fly on the wall in the dorms reading this.

With Dorm Game he delves into the world of college and the relationship between two men. Each one is completely different in
Natalie
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I was first introduced to Daryl Banner through his amazing Post Apocalyptic series, The Beautiful Dead and quickly became a fan of his unique writing style. I was intrigued to see how someone could go from writing about the undead to M/M erotica. As expected Daryl's Brazen Boys books are just as unique, and very sexy.

Dorm Game is a quick read about Michael, a college student and his fellow classmate Andrew. Michael has a huge crush on Andrew and when a class project brings the two
J
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Banner's short of two college boys pushing the envelope on game playing was light and engaging. Their interactions and (lack) of dialogue felt age-appropriate. Banner took a page straight from the Kora Knight playbook of how to pace a novella and the humor reminded me a bit of Nicolas Scott's campus-based novel. I was thrown off by a few early and glaring typos that had me doubting the quality of the writing and editing. On the first two pages were "The sweat...and the dim light...makes (sic) ...more
Andrea
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my second book by Daryl Banner. I am becoming a fan of M/M reads thanks to his talented writing. Dorm Game was a delicious, sexy read. Daryl's writing has just the right mix of erotica and humor. This was a guilty pleasure for me on this Sunday morning. Michael and Andrew become partners on a psychology project. Andrew likes to turn everything into a game. Let the "Dorm Games" commence. "The game is played many ways, and in its end, we should both come out winners, shouldn't we?" Guess ...more
Pam Kay
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story was HOT!! Games of the mind in the sense of psychology.. Michael was obsessed with Andrew, who was big and muscle bound at the point of stalking. Then they got together on a psychology project which started their unusual relationship. Andrew was into games...sex games, and he wanted control. The who thing made Michael confused as to what they were to each other.. Their extent of sex was only jerk offs. This was a really interesting and sexually exciting book. It's a short read, but I ...more
Skye Turner
Dorm Game is a hot little M/M short. Perfect blend of intrigue and sexy.
Who doesn't enjoy sexy games and this book is a genuine little thrill ride. I started it and finished it without putting the Kindle down.
If you're a fan of male/male smexy... This little gem won't disappoint.
4.5 stars from me.
Sara
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from the author as part of a giveaway.

This was a short, quirky, steamy, and sexy M/M book. A relationship started up as game while two students worked on a class project but ended up turning into something more!
Manuela
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was different. I loved it. Not the average University romp but well thought out story with a twist at the end. Believable characters, way better than wham bam thank you... sex.
Caroline
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: daryl-banner
This is a cute sexy hot little story written by Daryl Banner. If you've already read The Beautiful Dead series, Outlier or/and Super Psycho Future Killers, you do know that Daryl is a genius.
I love the way he writes, the way he plays with words and the way he makes me feel all these emotions I don't even know I have, somewhere... I was first introduced to Daryl via a post on FB from one of my favorite authors, and I simply trusted her.
Daryl's music also makes my days much better sometimes when
Simply Just Jen
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was very enjoying light read for me. My Twinsie sis, Angie, suggested that I give it a read. Well it was a great recommendation. I usually don't spend a lot of time reading novellas mainly because I'm pretty greedy and almost always want more...LOL. This was my first Daryl Banner book and I loved his writing. I thought the story flowed well and I loved the entire concept of the plot.

Essentially this book is about two college men using games to explore who they are. Michael is comfortable
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/twinseitalk
www.Tsu.co/twinsietalk
@twinsietalk

Ok soooo I bought this book because of a couple reasons...1. My blog is focusing on MM books this month. 2. OMG the cover 3. OMG the hawtness of the synopsis and lastly 4. the price...I mean come on 99C for a novella of yummy...yes please!!

I sat down and read this book in about an hour so if you are just needing a quick, hot read then this is it for you. Essentially Michael is in
S. Policar
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book starts with a hot scene and ends with a tender scene...sorta. I haven't really grasped the whole concept of Andrew yet lol. Most of the story from the second chapter until the start of the last is a flashback. It's a bit obviously that is, but some readers can feign ignorance to the fact.

Our characters, Michael and Andrew, are about as different as night and day from an outward perspective; but inside, in their hearts, they are really quite the same, they just go about getting things
Anna Goerlitz
3.5 - 4 stars.
I thought this was going to be PWP really. But it turned out to be quite different.

Michael has a major crush on a fellow student in his intro to psych class, Andrew. He grabs thhe chance of partnering up with Andrew for a project in class and their relationsship develop from that and later into being roommates.

I really lacked Andrew's perspective in this. He came across as a bit of an asshole. Aloof and annoying - what's his deal? What's his back story? Why is he like this? How did
iliana G
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for an honest review.

Andrew is the muscular dream boy from Intro to Psych. Michael is the lonely kid desperate for a new roommate. When a class project - and one very reckless decision - forces them together, an unstoppable game of teasing, torment, and pleasure begins. Michael will soon learn that Andrews sexual interests are far from ordinary ...

Short,hot and awesome.

These three words is all you need to know about this book...

ohhh and of course you MUST MUST MUST read this
My  Mind's Playground
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Brazen Boys Series is a M/M novella series. Each story is self contained. I read the three novellas in order. Books 1 and 2 I really liked. They were hot. There was tension, but it wasn't overpowering. Book 1 was very entertaining because the "jock" was a very in control and the "nerd" was so into him he couldn't stop, but the revelation at the end made it worthwhile. Book 2 was just as good as book 1 and I find myself hoping if Daryl decides to revisit and expand the Brazen Boys' stories, ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Trading Teams
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Just a Bit Dirty (Straight Guys, #10)
  • Best Friend's Father (BFF: Best Friend's Father #1)
  • The Date (Love in O'Leary #.5)
  • Out in the Open (Browerton University, #1)
  • Boy Shattered
  • Snow Daze (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #4)
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Private Charter
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
Daryl Banner is an author and composer who graduated magna cum laude from the University of Houston Honors College with a degree in both Theatre and Psychology. During his time in college, he wrote, composed, and produced a musical under Tony Award-winning musical and Theatre producer Stuart Ostrow, as well as two original plays produced under the mentorship of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright ...more

The Brazen Boys (9 books)
  • On The Edge (The Brazen Boys, #2)
  • Owned By The Freshman (The Brazen Boys, #3)
  • Dog Tags (The Brazen Boys, #4)
  • All Yours Tonight (The Brazen Boys, #5)
  • Straight Up (The Brazen Boys, #6)
  • Houseboy Rules (The Brazen Boys, #7)
  • Slippery When Wet (The Brazen Boys, #8)
  • Commando: Dog Tags 2 (The Brazen Boys, #9)