Start by marking “Hold (Hold, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hold (Hold, #1)

Hold

(Hold #1)

Find the strongest man there. Give yourself to him in return for protection. It’s the only way you’ll ever survive.

Convicted of a minor crime, Riana is sentenced to a prison planet—a dark primitive hold filled with convicts vying for power. Her only chance of survival is with Cain, a mysterious loner who has won his territory in the prison through intelligence and brute s
Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 182 pages
Published February 24th 2015 (first published November 2nd 2007)

Start your review of Hold (Hold, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4/11/15: Still awesome with just a few changes/additions - namely a new character.

Bottom line though, if you are happy with the first original edition, I don't know if this really added anything to that experience. I don't regret buying it though as there is supposed to be a new story with the new character.

4/8/15: Re-reading this 2012 read because word on the street is that it's a revised and EXPANDED edition!!!!

description
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Futuristic Romance
Series : - Standalone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - Yes
Rating - 5

★Review★

I first read this years ago, when it was published by EC under the Zannie Adams pen name.

It came t/>
/>/>/>/>★Book
Dina
Gasp, this steamy novella from EC has a plot!!! Is it the end of the world as we know it? LOL!

From the book blurb:

Convicted by the Coalition of a minor crime, Riana is sentenced to life on a prison planet - no order, no safety, just a primitive hold filled with criminals vying for dominance. The only way Riana can survive is to give herself to the strongest man there in return for protection. By desperate instinct, she chooses a mysterious, handsome loner named Cain. She offers him her body and can only hope he'll beblurb:
Convicted
Karla
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

Well this book was a pleasant surprise I was looking for something different and I sure found it with this one.

"Hold" is a set somewhere in the future where we have more than one planet earth where humans live. One of those planets is just for criminals where they are isolated, and the prison is located under a poisoned ocean, in other words no way to escape. No matter your crime from murder to petty theft everyone is sent there, and for life.

description

Riana, is sent to that prison, which is fi
Corina
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, sexy
An Instagram friend featured this book under sci-fi space convict romance genre and I took the bait. I first read the sample and soon after paid for this sexy little novella.

I was in the mood for some smut and this book checked all my boxes.

It was well written, and even though it was a novella, it was well plotted and executed. But please don't expect anything deep or profound from this story, it's a sexy smut - that's it!

Nevertheless HOLD was exactly what I needed.

An easy, quick, and entertaining read. It was sexy, and it kept me glue
Al George
smut

Let's not kid ourselves, this was a science fiction smutfest

Not a ton of story. Short. To the point. Man protects woman in prison in exchange for sex. Things happen. There's a ton of sex while things don't happen. Then more things happen. Then there's a ton of sex.

Not awful, just not my fav. Thank goodness that I actually finished a book after two dnfs in a row. Will I read another by this author? Probably not. Unless it's Hall's story. I'm curious. But that's it. I can do that much schtupping.
Kat
DNF. Silly het smut. Heroine comes three times on the cock of a stranger. No hands. Repeat chorus.

Best line:

"Come for me hard."
She came. Hard.
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
4.5 Hot Stars!

This was a very pleasant surprise!
A love story, between two people in the most unlikely place, a prison planet, and under extremely violent circumstances...
Cain & Riana need each other for protection for sanity, and the physical &
Emotional connection that develops between these two...
Wow...
lets just say the sex scenes scorching hot, sensual, erotic and panty melting...engaging plot, well developed characters, can be read as a standalone!
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
4 Prison Planet Stars

I didn’t know Noelle Adams and Claire Kent were the same people! I read one Noelle Adams book a long time ago, but I really enjoyed it. I’m not sure where all the negative reviews about this book is about because I really enjoyed Hold.

This was more of an erotic book than a NA book, but I liked that even more. I just finished Guardian by Emmy Chandler which has the same theme as this one so I’ve been on a prison planet binge. So if you enjoy those kin
Danny Tyran
Holly
Bleepin loved it. Now Im having dirty fantasies about Vin Diesel from Chonicles of Riddick. Thank you, Zannie Adams. :D
Emma
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5-stars
This book was ugly and beautiful, dark and hopeful. It was so real and unique. Claire Kent/Noelle Adams proved again that she is the queen of short romance books. Very few can deliver that much depth with such short length like she does.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
h lands in prison and chooses the strongest male to protect her in exchange for sex. The action at the end (view spoiler) added something to the story. Easy and quick read - I liked it. Definitely a half star needed. 3.5 stars
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This was awesomely intense..

Wasn't sure what to expect here, but I loved it. Erotic, sexy, loving, sweet & adrenaline pumping moments in this one.

I would recommend this read.
Coco.V
Jan 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/23/2018)! 💝
Hollie
unique and steamy

This book never had a sci-fi or fantasy feel to it. It just had a modern and realistic feel. While I found the majority of this to be erotic and mostly sexually based it still managed to have depth. I enjoyed the characters as well as the plot. It was short but had and had substance. I'll definitely check out more of this writer's work.
~Mindy Lynn~
AMAZON FREEBIE 7/21/17
Melanie
Apart from being too short (I would have loved to read more!!) I thoroughly enjoyed this little book. While 'Hold' is most definitely classified as erotica, this story actually had, well a story to go with all those deliciously naughty bits.

There's no prologue to give us any background on the characters, instead Zannie Adams throws us directly into a futuristic sci-fi tale of a defenseless woman, Riana, being dropped off on a harsh prison planet to serve a term of life-sentence for a petty crime. A somewhat sympathetic gu
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
5 "hot" Stars!!

God! Finally a 5 starer 😥

I mean i really hate it when i could'nt find a 4 or 5 star read and specially now when it's my holidays and all i want to do is READ❤

Ok! So it was my first or may be second sci-fiction romance and suprisingly i loved it!
Mostly i prefer contemporary or dark erotics but this book did wonders on me with it's different storyline and approach with MC's relationship.

I don't like when my couple start their relation with just sex thats why i even a
SheReadsALot
SIGH...this was was so good. There was actually plot to go with the erotica. I love the originality of the this story which is technically sci-fi romance/ erotica but didn't come off as one with science/ alien heavy details. Great. Stop reading the review and get this book ASAP if this kind of story is your thing!!
Victoria
4.25+ RATING- Most of the time I start reading a book I have certain expectations, either from reading other books by the author or reading reviews, etc. And sometimes I pick up a book with no expectations, not being familiar with the writer and I don’t know what to expect. I apparently placed Hold by Zannie Adams on a list of books I’d like to borrow and last night it randomly showed up on my Kindle. Having just finished up another book and still a couple hours before bed, I gave it a shot. I almost e ...more
Jacqueline J
It was okay but I was somewhat disappointed. The sci fi element was not very strong. There was a lot of sex and I'm not against sex scenes in their place but here they overwhelmed the story. I think the author missed the boat on making the hold so dark. It was so stark and bare down there that there wasn't much for our hero and heroine to do so the story lacked any real action plot. I did like the realism of the hero going ahead and "doing" the heroine right off the bat instead of being some nob ...more
Carolyn F.
Wow, I've been on a run of really good books and this one is right up there, just ignore the cover.

In this future you are sent to prison for life for everything from trespassing to murder. Riana is sent because although she had permission to perform an archeological dig, she went outside the authorized area. She's told when she gets to the prison, where it's pretty much a dumping ground where the prisoners have control of their cells that she should find the strongest man she can and have him t
♛✨  Christine ♛✨
THE REVISED EDITION IS NOW OUT!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!! If I loved the old one so much, a big guarantee this one is just as awesome!!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TVMLRXM
Barnes & Nobles: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hold-...
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id96...
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...

Absolutely loved this book!! An excellent story by an excellent author!
Vashti
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not usually a reader of futuristic romances,but this was such a good read that captured my attention from beginning to end.
Leigh
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
What an awesome surprise. I loved this book from beginning to end. My only complaint is I wish it was longer. I will definitely read Hall's book.
Lena
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, mcsmutt
Exactly as advertised! Hot intergalactic hetero prison sex smut with an HEA; on the food pyramid this would be a doughnut.

Mmmmm, doughnut.

I found this little gem through a Listopia I've voted on previously.
This does not mean I agree with all the books on here. I am not a Laurran Dohner fan. Seriou
Deserie williams
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm changing this to a 2.5 stars because apparently I read a nasty version and I just can't get that part out of my head.lol I'll do another review when I read the better edition!☺

Yay !!!this was so much better! 4.5 stars. I really enjoy this. This edition was not too much different from that terrible bad edition I read. The difference was Hall and that one damn disgusting scence with Davis which made a whole lot of difference to the book and Rianas character ☺ I'm so happy I wash all the bad o
Tricia Len
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, scifi, alpha, space-opera
I read this a long time ago .... it was just as good even though I have the original, not the updated version. I really liked this story. What do you do if you are innocent but sent to prison? Not just any prison but one on a hostile world and it's underwater. I would freak out because I have claustrophobia.

I loved how the h was brave enough to do whatever it would take her to survive. She chose well! Cain is an Alpha animal and a great protector. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a st
Ari Reavis
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the storyline and surprise, surprise, the 'convict' she had to sleep with for protection... not a total douchebag. The sex scenes were pretty hot. The only thing that spoiled some of them for me was that the prison had no privacy so there were times people were watching the show, which is a big turn off for me in stories. But otherwise good book. Happy ending, especially since it all started in a prison.

• Charlie's Bargain
  • Starkissed
  • Captured
  • Ja-Rael's Lioness
  • The Ninth Orb (Interstellar, #2)
  • Demon's Captive (War Tribe, #1)
  • Calder (Tales of the Shareem, #4)
  • Trapped (The Condemned Series, #1)
  • Heat
  • Berrr's Vow (Zorn Warriors, #4)
  • Breeding Ground
  • Bay's Mercenary (Unearthly World, #1)
  • Saved (Alien Space Pirates, #3)
  • Eden (Eden, #1)
  • Captive Surrender
  • The Starlight Rite
Zannie Adams writes, reads, caters to her chocolate-brown cocker spaniel, and watches cooking shows on television. She has lived in eight different states, had far too much graduate-level education, and generally done her best not to settle down. She has been writing novels all her life, but only recently did she begin to write erotic romances--a genre that has allowed her to explore her love of b ...more

Hold (4 books)
  • Release (Hold, #2)
  • Fall (Hold, #3)
  • Rise (Hold, #4)
“It drives me crazy. If you have something to say, just say it. Don’t act like a mindless, passive drone.” For” 1 likes
“He might not be a truly good man, but he was a rule follower, and he wasn’t out to hurt or debase her. She” 1 likes