Start by marking “Valan Playboys” as Want to Read:
Valan Playboys

Valan Playboys

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  831 ratings  ·  95 reviews
Orphan, Lana Claire, drinks too much and parties too hard. Eighteen-years-old, and a wild child, Lana does whatever she wants, whenever she wants. When a crazy encounter at a new bar ends with bodies littering the ground, Lana wonders if she may have discovered a path that leads to answers she desperately needs.

Never one to walk blind, she treads carefully. Wha
Published February 21st 2015 (first published February 10th 2015)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Valan Playboys
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
I still love this, but it pisses me off that it's so short. I want more!

With regards to safety - all three main characters have one nights stands with different people at the start of this story before they become a MFM threesome.
Beth
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My only wish was this was a full story and not a short. You can feel great and exciting possibilities scream to be written and read.

I love Scarlett Dawn's writing. She has a way of pulling you into every scene.
Talltree
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-menage
Laidback and sexy PNR menage romance with interesting world building. Snarky h and two playboy H's with distinct and shady characters who turned into adoring puppies for the h!! Whats not to enjoy?

4.25 stars!
Dianne
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lana is far from a shrinking violet! She lives life in the fast lane, parties like it’s 1999 and there isn’t much that stops her in her tracks… until that night in the new bar with those bodies all over the place, certainly NOT a normal night out for even Lana! She found out she was not the square peg in a world full of round humans, a world she never quite felt part of. Lana is definitely “other,” and she finds she is not alone after all.

Welcome to another sizzling adventure in the world of Scarlett Dawn’
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
3.5 ★ actually…

Lana stumbled upon a weird bar not realizing anything amiss until she was like ready to go home and a little tipsy or more like drunk. There, she discovers that she is not who she thought she is. There start the journey of entering a new world, a world where she actually belongs.

I like the plot of the story and where it is heading. But I guess, it was too short and it didn’t feel much of a journey to me. I hope to read how Lana adjusted to her new world, th
Holly
Silly story that felt random and all over the place by the final chapter. Started off intriguing but sometimes a book being too short really harms the story development. By about 50% through the story started feeling really forced. Chapters were all super short so it felt like tiny little glimpses into what should have been a much more fleshed out book. One sexual encounter formed the basis for this odd relationship which started to feel kinda icky when you realized two of the main characters ar ...more
Marianne
Valan Playboys is a short NA book in the Taming the Alpha box set, It can also be purchased separately.

Lana was orphaned at birth and grew up thinking she was *just* human. Well, a human with the ability to control weather patterns and cause thunder and lightning. A thrill seeker by nature, she stumbles into a bar by accident and is confronted by people who turn out to be just like her.

The story itself is fairly straightforward, even simplistic, but I enjoyed getting to know the world of the V
Claudia
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Valan Playboys has a nice setting: Lana Clare is an orphan and doesn't know her parents, but she knows she is not human. Through an incident she is discovered and learns her place as a valkyrie.

this was a good start but then it just did not further develop. I would have loved to learn more about the world-building as well as more abou the characters. and I really liked the writing style

the beginning of the relationship between the three was quite good, I loved the banter, the sex-sc
T00zday
I really enjoyed this one! Too bad the author has not made a series out of it.
Available on Kindle unlimited.

More erotica than romance he. Two men find their fated mate in a young supernatural woman who was raised an orphan. The two men are also supernatural and both are kings of their factions.

The story takes place at a month long 'convention' of all of the factions. No antagonists in this book.
Recommended
Allison
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read. Wish it had been longer and more in depth.
There is no cliff hanger or anything, but this one does leave you hanging.. Wanting more.
I always find Novellas lacking though, so maybe just me.
Still a good read, with a little fun!

**I received a digital copy of this book in exchange of an honest review**
Jamie
Overall I enjoyed this. The story itself is cute and I would be willing to actually read more in this world. Maybe where they learn about Lana's parents or see her with kids, etc. There is a part in the middle that had me burst out in laughter even!
I would have preferred she hooked up with at least 1 non royal Valan. Seriously she is the youngest yet is the 2nd best of her faction and her only friend is the Queen. And the men that catch her eye? The kings! A bit too much. I loved how she w
Katie Jones
This was a lot of fun & very sexy but it’s just a shame that it’s so short and not part of an ongoing series.
Birdie O
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny and decent

This book is just enough of a bite to make you want more. Love the interplay between Adam and Vance. Banter is done well. Solid novella.
LuvRomance
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good book. Like all the rest of her books.
Phoenix
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.
I was hooked on this book by the first page. Dawn does this amazing job of making me believe in her world. I slipped very easily into a world with demons, vampires, warlocks, and so on. And the thought of being desired by two hotties that are both powerful kings...HOT! I really hope Dawn runs with this book. There are so many wonderful stories that could spin off from this novella. My only complaint is that it ended so quickly and I wante
Amanda
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Another short book from the author which features two guys and a girl. Hmm I'm starting to see a pattern here ;)

To be fair the book wasn't bad but it wasn't great. The story started off interesting with the supernatural factions and then it just became a story about a girl and two guys getting up to some kinky stuff. This book had the potential to be more but like The Cold Mark saga it felt rushed and elements of the story totally forgotten or unexplored.

More full length
Runningrabbit
I was a bit disappointed with this. There were plenty of editing errors, and the story ended up being somewhat simplistic. I can only imagine that this was rolled out as some sort of filler for the publishers perhaps?

I found the characters stereotyped and the sex predictable as was the story.

I'm glad I got this on Kindle Unlimited, because I would have been peeved if I had paid for it.
Tanielle
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was entertaining, I didn't want it to end with all the back and forth it was just too fun to read. I really enjoyed the Kings but I also wanted to see just what they were all about. Loved this one and I'd read up on them in anytime.
Puna
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Didn't really care for Lana at the start. (It was never explained why she was such a lush.) But once it got past her drinking it was an enjoyable story. Enough so that I want to find more from this author.
Samantha
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lana has recently learned she is not human and to go along with it she is now a guard for the queen of her faction. When she meets the other kings and queens she doesn't expect to fall for Vance and Adam n or capture their attention. It was just a really good read!!!!
Susan Davis
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

As always perfectly perfect in every way....now to find out if there will be more from this world!?
Here's hoping!
Alex
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
In ‘Valan Playboys’ we’re introduced to the world of the Valan. The Valan consists of four men and four women factions. The male factions are: demons, angels, warlocks and shifters. And the female factions are: vampires, valkyries, witches and mermaids.

Lana has always known that she wasn’t entirely human, but she never had access to those answers, because she was abandoned as a child by her biological parents. Until she got a rude awakening one day and got thrust into the Valan community.

Lana finds herself e
Isabella - Madly in Love with Books
Alright what was that? I am not completely sure because that story was messy and all over the place. I kinda was expecting a more erotic story, but this part came rather late. This would have been no problem at all, when the story before would have been well written and made sense.

I could have enjoyed this, really, because I went in with low expectations and found a few things with potential, if the characters were developed a little bit more and the story written more thoughtful and tighter, t
Shelly
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I was kind of getting in to this book. It was a little on the shallow side, the characters could have been written with more depth, but it was fun. And then, I turned the digital page and it said "Epilogue". What the Heck?!?!?! Who are her parents?, and all the questions that go along with that. How are the factions going to react to two kings mated to the same woman? Did they really think she hadn't figured that out? Seriously, this better morph into a series about these three people. Or at lea ...more
Latricha
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

Of course you could tell this is definitely a Dawn book, no question but it was too short to allow me to fall in love with the characters. I know they can’t all be novels or even short books but that likability aspect didn’t have a chance to flourish. As always, I gobbled this book up as I do any written by Scarlett. Can’t wait for her to write another!
Searcy
Call it 2.5 stars.

Like the other Scarlett Dawn scifi erotica menage I read (Cold Dawn), this was entertaining, but not great. The style lives something to be desired, and it's certainly not great lit. But it is fun nonetheless.
Madie  Bekoe
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a quirky and fun read. I would love to read a sequel, where the antagonism between Adam and Vance is explained and explored. I would love to see Lana grow and develop her powers and skills. This book was a great taste of potential great reading.
Alissa
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read this so many times

I've read this so many time and realized I've never reviewed it! Short read but has funny moments, hot moments and happy ones! You'll be glad you read it!
T.
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how this writer can come up with unique and interesting characters. While I didn't care for Lana's constant state of alcohol therapy, her personality was excellent, and Kings Jerome and Balor were wonderfully entertaining. Great moments in the book kept me grinning- this was a fun read.
Deborah Yunevich
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a trio

The supernatural world may never be the same. A Valkyrie, king of demons and king of warlocks make an unusual trio, but a fun read. It will be interesting to see how this trio contribute to further books.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Name Like Karma (The Secret Gods #1)
  • Diamonds and Demons (Beautiful Beasts Academy #2)
  • Manicures and Mayhem (Beautiful Beasts Academy #1)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • Striking Freedom (Mechanical Advantage, #6)
  • Fallen University: Year Two (Fallen University #2)
  • Awaken (Phoenix Academy Beginnings #1)
  • Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6)
  • Academy of Six (Origins of the Six, #1)
  • A Name Like Justice (The Secret Gods #2)
  • Wild Pride (The Kingson Pride, #1)
  • Havoc (Rise of the Iliri, #9)
  • Brilliant Starlight (Dark Planet Warriors, #8)
  • Royal Alphas (Savage Magic Academy #3)
  • Royal Villains (Savage Magic Academy, #2)
  • Royal Monsters (Savage Magic Academy, #1)
  • The Raven Four (The Raven Four, #1)
  • Tales & Time (Lost Time Academy, #1)
New York Times bestselling author and award-winner, Scarlett Dawn, is the mastermind behind the Forever Evermore fantasy series, the Origin paranormal dystopian stories, the Vampire Crown paranormal romance thrillers, the Mark science fantasy saga, and the Lion Security contemporary romance series.

She lives in the Midwest, adores her music loud, and demands her fries covered in melted chees