Start by marking “Wrong Side of the Grave” as Want to Read:
Wrong Side of the Grave

Read Book* *Different edition

Wrong Side of the Grave

(Mothman Mysteries #1)

When Eric Jansen takes a seat behind his drums, every girl in the place takes notice. Not that he’s surprised. He’s had decades to practice. The guy is almost perfect. Still, there’s that one tiny thing…

Eric Jansen is an alien. Offworlder. Take me to your leader, fall from the sky, space invading, phoning home, UFO jockey. A swipe of the tattoo on Eric’s arm will reveal hi
Published March 3rd 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Side of the Grave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Side of the Grave

Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Side of the Grave by Bryna Butler is a terrific fantasy novel that had me giggling through out the book! When my son had to check on me because I was making so much noise that he was worried, I knew this was a 5 star book! It is fast paced, great fantasy, crazy, snarky, action packed, and I loved it. Vamps, aliens, MIB, and so much more. A real crazy out-of-this-world drummer that is too funny. I received this book to read and the review is not an obligation.
iamnotabookworm
I give this 3.5/5 pairs of drumsticks.

Weirdly, this is the third story that has an unusual twist to the regular version of stories that I have read this week. The first one was the unusual heroine, next a taboo romance and this alien-vampire thing. I did not plan to read them one after the other but the review deadlines were a day apart, so it was all decided for me without having to think about them consciously.

Vampires are aliens. Eric Jansen is an alien too. He is the Mothman who feeds on the
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Wrong side of the Grave was something I mainly chose to read because of the book blurb.It sounded so different to anything I had read before, Vampires and Mothman Type things who are all aliens and to top it off the vampires for once are not top of the food chain. Well, it just tickled my fancy I had to find out more.
So Wrong side of the grave is a totally clean, no hanky panky, no bad words, just wholesome fun and mystery sleuthing aimed at I would say the teen genre.
It reminded me a bit of a n
Ethan Gregory
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

***3.5-STAR REVIEW***

*****

My Thoughts:

I have to say, I really didn't know what to expect when I first picked up Wrong Side of the Grave. The synopsis really left me interested, but I didn't quite know where to place it in my head. It's definitely not something I'd ever read before, but I couldn't wait to take the plunge. What did I think? Well, it's complicated.

I guess I should start out by saying that I love paranormal,
Sarah Van
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my attention fast. I didnt want to put it down. I love that someone local took the mothman legend and made something new out of it. Things i never thought of. I liked thay this was more of a mystery than a love story, but i gotta admit i was hoping for a little bit of a love story. The only thing that i didnt like was the ending....
I wanted more, so im hoping there is a 2nd book coming out. I hope so.

Oh and I met the author at the mothman festival and shes pretty cool too.
Rubina
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action packed, fast and easy to read with a fast paced and terrific plot and a unique and captivating plot. The characters were strong and intriguing. I loved it and would recommend it to everyone I can't wait to read more from the author.
Angie
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given this book for a fair review. I enjoyed reading Wrong Side of the Grave. The twist on aliens and the Mothman was fresh and fun.
Amber Jones
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was nothing like what I expected. It was full of twists and turns and suprizes.

You definitely cannot put this down once you start reading it.

It is full of aliens, vampire's, essentially mib (federal guys), and the dead being re awakened.

The Mothman or Eric is an alien that hunts his food on earth (which just happens to be vampire's).

Then there is his best friend Bridget or I should say his current best friend as we do not know how old this alien really is. She is full of spitfire, and rea
L.J. Bus
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the idea of having The Mothman in the story. It's a shame that there's no real connection to the legend. Just some being who looks like the mothman as the main character. The introduction of the technology BRAND is both clever and unimaginable but with aliens anything is possible, I guess, so it's fine. Allthough I wonder just how everything came about within those first moments when 'Eric' came to earth and just how he found his way around. I'd loved to read more about that.
I also spy a
Laura Thomas
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a confession to make. The cover art is why I read this book. I loved the fun graphics. Then I read the blurb and it sounded like a fun misadventure. And it was.

The two main characters couldn’t be more different.

Hot looking drummer, Eric, is not what he seems. He’s an offworlder, an alien. He’s a lot older than the teen he poses as. He has this handy gadget, looks like a tattoo, that gives him a human form so he’ll blend in. His accidental exposure in his alien form led to the legend of th
Erin
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to admit, just the description of this book had me intrigued: ‘offworlders’, ‘mothmen’, ‘aliens’…this was definitely not going to be your typical YA book. And I was not wrong. And to take it a step further, many of these ‘offworlders’ are vampires. But not your typical vampire you read about in most books. They act the same as most, but it turns out their origin is from space – they’re actually aliens. I guess it could definitely make sense, since they’re certainly not human.

I liked many
Suzy Turner
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is one of the best YA books I've read in a while. Super fun with vampires AND alien beings (actually, the vampires ARE some of the alien beings which is a really cool idea), this took me just a few hours to read as it was so light and easy. I absolutely loved it!
It's a very unique take on the whole vampire tale which will have you sitting on the edge of your seat for sure. I totally fell in love with Eric, he is such a likeable character with his cute rocker look (he carries his drumsti
DianaC-Bookaholic And
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

●▬▬▬▬๑۩ 5 STAR REVIEW ۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

If you are looking for a funny YA with no sex, no foul language, then this story is for you.

Eric is your young hot rocker, but not everything is what it seems. He is an alien, and he is not as young as he looks like. Mothman is what people calls him. When he finds himself with police trouble there will be only one person that can help him.

Bridget is your typical book blogger, she is a huge fan of the paranormal genre, so when Eric reaches out to her to clear his nam
Melissa Burcham
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
I was asked for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

This was a good book. It was a clean teenage paranormal book. That being said, it didn't seem to have the depth and details that I am used to. It was a good book. The minute I finished the book, I handed it to my 14 year old daughter. I think she will like it as well. I personally would have liked more back story, more information, and more depth to the characters. The action did keep my
Marinda
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author and Paranormal Romance & Authors That Rock for an honest review. A very good Y.A. suited for all ages. Eric is a cutie, he's the drummer in a band and is way older than the teen ager he's pretending to be. His best friend is Bridget,she's a book blogger, points in my book, and knows everything about Eric. Toss in aliens of all shapes and sizes, men in black, Mothman and the dead coming back to life and you end up with a really fun, light hearted, campy st ...more
Rebecca
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The cast of characters is broad and leaves a lot to expect from future books (dare I hope, Bryna Butler?). I LOVED reading about my town and even though names of places were changed within it, I could pick out pretty quickly which actual place the author was referring to. I also have to thank her for making me notice Tu Endu Wei Park. I’ve lived here for so long that, while I still admire it and respect it, I don’t always think about it or even look in its general direction. Now I find myself lo ...more
Doris
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I was provided a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

I'm originally from Eastern Ky, and Mothman is a BIG part of the heritage in that area. This story completely makes an awesome addition to the legend.
I would never have thought of him as an alien.... Much less one that works with the MIB!
A fun fast read, I was left asking for more!!!! I need to know what happens win Bridgett!!!
A+ Read!
~Dowie
P.A.
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great characters, great plot, great story. A YA novel that is sure to entice young readers into wanting to read more.

FTC stuff; I received this book though a Goodreads, Firstreads contest.
Ginny  Gallagher
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
James Lynam
Mar 19, 2015
VV
This is the cutest thing I’ve read for a while. I’m not overly fond of sci-fi, honestly. It’s just not a genre that I was ever really interested in—which is weird considering fantasy is, but that’s how it is. Well, this one definitely isn’t fantasy, even though it does have vampires. The truth is that vampires are aliens, and so is our protagonist—whose not a vampire by the way. As a matter of fact, he’s their predator. Nice premise there. Turns out vampires came to earth to hunt humans, and his ...more
Anna Cisney Barclay
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I wasn't really sure how I felt about it based on the description, but it got good reviews so I decided to give it a try. It took me a while to get into it, but when I did it was a fun enough story. I don't think I was the exact target audience for this book and so it's not going on any favorite shelves for me, but it was well written and I think for it's probably a great book for those who love this genre a little more than I do. As a note ...more
Kelly Martin
Apr 23, 2019
Russ
Mar 31, 2019
Caitlin
Sep 23, 2017
Olivia
rated it did not like it
May 31, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Mar 21, 2015
Andrey
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wrong Side of the Grave by Bryna Butler. Sure, it was interesting story. The most complete review for it was given by iamnotabookworm. It was difficult to describe the book better. As to the book's idea, sometimes I think that we have already lived among numerous mogdocs. "Mogdocs manipulate. Mogdocs lie." And then, "The word "humanity" was exchanged for "human gift" because the mogdocs, evil boogers that they are, had no word for humanity." The book was really impressive work. I hope Barry Sonn ...more
Jessica
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was skeptical about this book with the UFO alien aspect, but it worked for this author. I was surprised with this quick fun story. The book was well written with an interesting plot. I enjoyed all the twist and turns and has a feel like Joshua Mott’s book Returned. It was a great Scooby-Doo storyline with a twist on thriller mystery.
Jessica Bronder
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eric Jansen is one heck of a drummer that always draws a crowd. But he has a secret, he is an alien. He is what the locals call the Mothman. But the thing that gets attention is when the local dead start rising from the ground. It seems the Men in Black think it is Eric’s fault. Eric is going to try to figure out what is happening with his best friend Bridge.

Eric is an alien that eats vampires, another species of aliens. I love the fact that vampires are a whole new creature as opposed to what
She fangirls over books and sometimes writes them too.

Mothman Mysteries (2 books)
  • Wrong Side of the Storm (Mothman Mysteries #2)