Start by marking “Winning the Duke” as Want to Read:
Winning the Duke

Winning the Duke

(Perfect Series Companion #2)

Grace Denton’s first Season solidifies her decision to never marry. How can she? The London gentlemen are boorish and unappealing. When reunited with the handsome, yet brooding Braiden Everett, his hidden charm captivates her. If she marries him, she could obtain her dream of having a child of her own and a husband she can stand to be around. Despite his contentions to a u ...more
Published February 25th 2015 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Winning the Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning the Duke

Start your review of Winning the Duke
Ogz
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't see this coming. Well, like every Duke story and getting a bride, it started out that way. That unusual young lady and a depressed Duke. However, there's a turn of events with everything else. Their goal, plans and aspirations all twisted in an event with fate. No one saw this coming, the Duke's mother was initially sweet and not sweet at the same time. I almost wept for the Duchess and anticipated so much for the Duke.
The author certainly kept me turning the pages. I didn't put it dow
N
This book started of so great but then it just went downhill from there. The hero,Braiden, of this story spent so much time doubting himself because his ex wife cheated on him and called him a terrible lover that it became so tedious to listen to him. When he eventually starts to have a proper relationship with the heroine Grace he blames her for being conniving and deceiving i was so looking forward to reading this book judging from all the great rating but truly this was terrible he cannot be ...more
Proud Book Reviews
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book, right from the get go I felt that it spoke to me in a way that some of the other books haven’t. Grace is the main point of view for this story however it does also switch to Braiden’s point of view.

We start of with Grace in London where she’s desperately trying to get her mother’s attention regarding who she is to marry. Her mother doesn’t seem to care who she marries, whether it’s a beggar or a prince, and all Grace want’s is her mother’s approval. Grace’s tr
Deb Diem
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Winning The Duke is a phenomenal historical romance by Jenn Langston. Ms. Langston has provided readers with a well-written book. The characters in this story are outstanding and my favorite part of the book. Grace is convinced her mother doesn't care for her. Braiden, Duke of Donetic, mostly just wants to be left alone. Braiden and Grace's story is packed with drama, humor, sizzle and suspense. I enjoyed reading Winning The Duke and look forward to my next book by Jenn Langston. Winning The Duk ...more
Cheryl Adamkiewicz
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the characters

Well written. Just one problem. The hero sexual dilemma was somewhat unbelievable. It would have been a better plot without it. There was more than enough in the murder part of the story but unfortunately the author didn't use it as the main drive of the plot. It doesn't how up until almost at the end. As the plot stands...the storyline becomes a bit of a farce.
Virginia Tican
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Good Read. Despite both of our protagonists having issues (she, with her mother and he, with his dead b***h of a wife), they both triumphed in the end. The author did well in creating an atmosphere of conflict and I must say ~ that dead wife of Braiden was a Perfect B***h for damaging him emotionally so that it took him quite awhile to recover. Good thing Grace is a strong woman, so all went well in the end as most fairy tales do.
Bettina Bull
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

What is the Duke hiding? Could he really have killed his wife or arranged it. He needs an heir but cares not. He has a cousin and he can take over the duties he no longer wants. What caused his withdrawal? Will he ever be happy again. Ah but there is reason to hope and his cousin means to help.
Mandi Morgan
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the book

A very enjoyable read. I like how the beginning of the relationship was developed thoroughly before things got to the marriage stage. I enjoyed reading the development of their relationship after the marriage as well. I didn’t see the ending coming. But it was a great book and enjoyed reading it.
Kathy
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grace wants to marry and Braiden is who she has always been interested in. He however had a very unhappy marriage and feels he can’t make any woman happy. Even though there seems to be a connection Grace can’t get him to forget his past.
April
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
A little slow..

This story was slow to me. I found myself skipping ahead several times just to find a good part. Winning the duke was not very entertaining to me but it did end with a good ending.
Sharon
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really great story

This was a great story. Grace loved the Duke for years. He thought she was too young. He had no plans to remarry. Jenn Langston did a great job in telling their story. I highly recommend it.
Reina Brouwers
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely story.

I love the story that was written for Grace. I think I did find the first book a bit more to my liking. I still did enjoy reading book 2 in the series. Classic love story for sure.
Karen
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical
Weird approch to make sure someone doesn't have an affair.
Aaron Junior
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
They both went back and forth about their feelings and their decisions. It became monotonous after a while I mean why didn't she just ask the question out right instead of playing head games...
Jacqueline Driggers
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a nice historical romance, but not a great one. You almost have more book than you do story. And towards the end, it takes a leap that isn't indicated anywhere else in the book.
Ginny Rodenberg
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon
I really enjoyed Grace and Braiden's story. She has loved him for years, he endured a very bad marriage.
Alice
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: regency-romance
Male character running away from imagined inadequacies?
carol ann miller
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Another wonderful story by Jenn Langston. Story so full of mystery, family and love. I hope you will read her books.
I'm not sure how to rate this. The first half is mostly push and pull on the H's part. You can't really blame him for having his hang-ups, but it did become tedious after a while. I'm glad the author didn't let it drag on for the whole book.

But the second half of the book was borderline ridiculous. I should have known better than to expect anything else from the book featuring Abigail's big brother. Without giving anything away, the h was a saint. She put up with a lot. And I'm not quite sure i
C.D. Hersh
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Romance flourishes from life-long friendship
Life-long friends Braiden and Grace develop romance from their friendship. Both characters come to life as you follow the romantic pair who have a common interest in not conforming to society. The fun in the beginning is that neither one at first wants to marry the other.
While both can be likeable characters, there are times when you just shake your head at what they are thinking. Braiden projects his relationship with his first wife onto Grace, whic
Kathy Heare Watts
FIGHTING FOR LOVE AND HAPPINESS
Grace Denton found her first season boorish, her mother inattentive and feels her dream of someday becoming a wife and mother slipping away. Braiden Everett, the Duke of Donetic is now a widower, his wife Tabitha and one of her lovers had been murdered by highwaymen. Braiden is very jaded when it comes to love and marriage after Tabitha made a farce of their marriage. Grace and Braiden knew each other when she was only 15 years old, what a shock to see the beautifu
C.T. Collier
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jenn Langston's Winning the Duke opens with a wonderfully drawn romantic pair: Grace and Braiden have little interest in conforming to society, let alone marrying one another. While Braiden (the Duke) should be finding a wife (his faithless, first wife has died) and producing an heir, he believes himself unsuited to marriage and incapable of happiness. Then a holiday gathering reunites him with an old friend (Grace was a child the last time he saw her) and he’s met his match. Grace dreads the id ...more
Carole Moleti
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy in exchange for an honest review. I got lost in this engaging story of a young noblewoman's coming of age tale and hated to see it end. Jenn Langston blends the right mix of period detail with believable and sympathetic characters. The sexual tension between Grace and Braiden is believable and well written. A surprising suspense twist kicks in just as the love scenes start to heat up propelling the reader along with the characters to a surprising but satisfying conclusio ...more
Wendy Tavenner
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love everything Jenn Langston writes. She brings her characters to life as you read. Grace has been in love with Braiden for several years!! He still realling from his wife's murder as he tries to find out not only who killed her but why!!! Grace wants to be married and have a child and she sets her sights on Braiden!! You have fun, intrigue, mystery and love all wrapped up in a delicious story!!!
Kirsten
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grace is a very fiesty and determined young woman who sets her sights on an old family friend suffering from the loss and pain of being a widower in a loveless marriage....where his wife led him to believe he was totally inadequate. This is the second in the series.....but I read it first.....and now having read #1, I understand somethings much better. This author produces interesting characters with depth and steamy but complex plot lines. This book is no exception.
Shan Pete
Apr 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Badly written, asinine plot. Life is too short!
Barbara Tobis
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good read
Kara O'Neal
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Braiden is your perfect hero that you want to rescue. And Grace is the heroine you love to love! Beautiful story.
Molly
Apr 12, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 28, 2015 10:15AM

• Never a Mistress, No Longer a Maid (Kellington, #1)
  • Where Hearts Meet (Jasmine Cottage Book 1)
  • The Most to Lose
  • Duchess By Mistake (House of Haverstock, #2)
  • Never Deny Your Heart (Kellington #5)
  • The Sheikh's Secret Baby (Royals of Delani #1)
  • The Sheikh's Contract Bride (The Sheikhs' Brides #1)
  • The Sheikh's Baby Bargain (Evermore #1)
  • A Diamond for a Duke (Seductive Scoundrels, #1)
  • His Duchess For A Day (The Heart of a Scandal #4)
  • His Secret Son
  • Devoted to the Duke (The St. Clairs, #1)
  • Best Friends in the Show Me State (Cowboy Crossing, #1)
  • Found: His Royal Baby (The Royals of Montenevada, #3)
  • Always the Chaperone (Never the Bride, #2)
  • Daughter on His Doorstep (Harlequin Special Edition)
  • In Search of Love (Convenient Arrangements, #2)
  • For The Love Of A Widow
Jenn Langston is a writer and a lover of historical romances. She developed her love of reading romance novels at a very young age. What began as the simple joy of reading developed into a passion to write.
She lives in the beloved state of Texas where she was born and raised. With her husband, three beautiful children, and three cats, she has a full house. There is never a dull moment, but always

Perfect Series Companion (3 books)
  • Catching the Baron
  • Redeeming the Earl (Perfect Series Companion, #3)