Start by marking “From Origins (Descendant Prophecies, #3)” as Want to Read:
From Origins (Descendant Prophecies, #3)

From Origins

(Descendant Prophecies #3)

Faced with an impossible choice, Skylar and the other descendants embark on a deadly quest to the underworld to confront Hades, who has been plotting to kill them all.

They discover the ancient gods are not dead, as once believed, but are instead held captive in a secret location. In order to save the world from destruction at the hands of Hephaestus, the descendants must
Paperback
Published March 27th 2015 (first published March 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about From Origins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Origins

Jassicca
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, mythology
I love the story, bringing Hades and the other gods back in the current world - modern and reading them dealing with it was funny. I was also happy with the outcome in Skylar's life, her parents doing well as well as her fiancé. Can't wait to read the solution for the problem in the next final book in this series!
April Epley
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent book in the series and I am rating it 5 strong Stars. This is book 3 in the Descendant Prophecies Series. Mary never fails to deliver a wonderful story and this book is no exception. It is full of plenty of action, drama, good, evil, chaos, and love. I will definitely be looking forward to the next book in the series and diving in immediately.
The Descendants, along with Skyler and Mason must face the evil that is Hades in the underworld. He plans on killing off all the D
Diane ~Firefly~
This series has managed to stay interesting and solve issues, but then introduce new ones to keep you going.

This time around the gang has to kill Hades and take his lodestone for Hephaestus to free Sky's mom and dad. But this would be a very bad thing for the world. Sky, Mason and gang set out to do the best they can as usual and the plot keeps twisting. Other than Sky and Mason talking about "love shocks" all the time their romance is sweet and I like the rest of the characters, although some d
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
11 Electrifying Stars but 5 on here.

I was given this book for my honest review.

We have all heard the saying “from our mouth to gods ears” at some point in our lives. If we take a closer look within the saying we can determine that with each word that we speak or even think that we can define that our words even though thinking that they go unheard is the untruth. For some force in this universe or even some far off land can hear the words that we speak or even don’t speak. It is in our nature to
Amber
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding myself once again lost in this world of mythical beings and unseen danger feels like a dream come true. I can’t say how much I loved being back with Skylar, Mason, and the rest of the descendants! Nothing could have prepared me for the depth of mystery and the strength of newly made bonds throughout this amazing journey. From Origins not only took my breath away but it stole my heart with its beautifully enchanting and irresistibly captivating twist to my beloved Greek mythology.

As I wat
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
* * * * * 5 Star Review.

Once again Mary Ting has delivered another incredible book.

Sky is trying to get her mind wrapped that Steve the man her mom has been dating is none other than Hephaestus, the man that has made her life miserable since birth. Not only does she has a huge task in hand she must also remember she has a lot of people depending on her. For Sky the only person that matters to her is Mason, the love of her life.

In order to save her parents and everyone else the gang must travel t
Kara Nichols
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling...Edge of you seat the entire book!!!

after comming to terms with Stevens (her mothers new man) true identity and the heavy burden/task that rests on her shoulders Skylar really comes into her own in this chapper of this series... she kicks major ARSE! and will have you wishing for powers of your own!

a book that had me haunted by the characters long after I had finished reading.. yet another amazing exciting action-packed book from Mary Ting...
Charlotte Houghton
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the third book by Mary ting. I can't wait to read the next book about Mason and Skylar and the descendants. I can't believe that they manage to fool Hephaestus and got what he deserved, by death. can't believe what happened to mason at the end and poor Skylar, hope she can save him with gods help.
Krys
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovin it!

Love this series! Great characters and storyline, keeps you hooked! Probably shouldn't read while at work lol. Can't wait to read the next book!
Samantha ahmed
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I can't wait to read the next book
Amber
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

As I wat
Miranda ❤️
**Originally posted @ Miranda's Book Blog**

For those of you who haven't read this series yet, don't worry I'll leave this as a spoiler free review!

Mary Ting has done it again, she's written yet another amazing book in the Descendant Prophecies series! From Origins was just as enthralling for me as the first and second book in this series!

What I liked most about this book was the romance. In the first and second installment there was a budding romance between Skylar and Mason, with some seriousl
B at Spare Time Book Blog
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From Origins picks up pretty quickly after the previous book leaves off. We are thrown back into Skylar and Mason's lives. Which have not got any easier since we last saw them. Some huge situation needs to be made and they are about to embark on a journey to the Underworld. This journey will test them. They will not leave the same people. Skaylar can't do it without Mason. They are one in the same and need each other. They gather strength from each other and together they can do great things. We ...more
Katie Harder-schauer
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was hired to proofread this book. At this point, the author is probably aware that a review would happen, but it was not part of our agreement. If you feel that my connection to the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be it, but this is my honest review.

For some reason, I had it in my head that this was the last book in the series (it's not), so the ending came as quite a surprise to me. Like the other books in this series, the ending leaves room for more to happen (which makes sense becaus
Nickyrian
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read to start my 2016. Humor, romance, lots of fighting scenes, and a tinge of mystery are the kind of main ingredients that make my reading so enjoyable. This book has met my preference and expectations. It includes great moral lesson, too. That is, humans are not the only ones who make mistakes, but the Gods are worst since they succumb to excessive greed and hubris due to the great powers they possess--which are the main reasons of their downfall. They have forgotten how to be co ...more
Jennifer Treviño
Oh my Hades this the hottest Descendant Prophecies yet!
LOVE love LOVE everything about this story! Mary Ting is repeatedly outdoing herself! I've been looking forward to this release since last October when I devoured book 2, From Deities. Oh it was soooo worth the wait! All of the characters I've missed came back with a bang! A few new ones popped in to visit as well adding even more adventure, drama, & suspense. While I eagerly awaited Mason & Sky's light show I could practically feel
Helena Pinder
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
the first book was amazing, second alright and the third, just plain boring. to begin with the relationship between Sky and Mason is cute and how much they care about each other is sweet but now in the third book it's a bit much. Mason won't let Sky do anything, he doesn't want her to get hurt and it's really intense like come on she's the most powerful desendent ever. he undermines her and is always swaddling her. it's annoying. the way he loves her so fiercely is un natural and sends her freak ...more
Marika
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So excited for this book and I was to be...an amazing and mythical journey where Sky, Mason and the rest of the descendants have to fight not only for the one they love but for the world as they know it.
There are new characters in this book and I have to say I love them all.
There were laughters and smiles, tears and a sense of desperation..everything you might want and more in this epic saga.
Can't say enough times to get these books and read them..friendship and love, right and wrong, compassion
Tiffany
wow this book was beyond what I expected. I seriously blew me away I found so hard to put this book down and when I did anxious to open it up and continue reading! I love love love Mason and Sky, who am I kidding I love all these characters they are all great wither their own personalities! Can not for what is next to come (I really hope Mrs. Ting has more to come for this series!!!)
Michelle
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 3rd book in the series wrapped things up nicely (but I could still see possibilities for future books in this series). If you look at all 3 books together (From Gods, From Deities, and From Origins) this is a great series - action packed, some mystery, good character development, some romance ...
Stacey
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I could wait for thus book
Seems like ages even thought it's not .
It was so much fun reading about some of my fav people .
The story once again gad lots if twist I never saw coming
I was gobsmacked a few time and love and I mean loved how it finished
Who new Demi gods were old that and more
Well writte. Mary
Sophy Sorn
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! No freaking way! You can't do this to me Ms. Ting! I need to calm down. When I was towards the end, I didn't really want it to end but was happy that it's going to end. Well guess what? It didn't end! I wanted to scream because how can you end it with such a cliffy? My heart can't take it. You gave me happiness and then ripe it a part within a second.
Charles
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book in this series. Loved the characterization of the gods and the way they would see the world today! The love story between Sky and Mason has gotten better and better as we see the two of them become closer throughout the series. The next in the series should be awesome and I'm looking forward to it!
Cindy Fong
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yay, love me some Sky and Mason

The wait was worth it! I read it in 1 day, I loved the addition of the new gods and the regular cast of characters. This book had a little bit of every emotion. Bring on book 4 already. Thank you Mary Ting for keeping me entertained again. The stories keep getting better and better.
Shanna
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, Now I have to wait for book 4, and omg, talk about a cliff hanger!!!!!!!! Don't read any further if you haven't read this!! SPOILERS******* This had my heart aching for Sky and Mason, just when you thing they are going to have their happy ending it gets taken away. You can feel Sky's pain from the loss of Mason. I was biting my nails waiting the week for book 4 to come out!
Kenderly
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystical

This is book 3 I have read all of them. Each time I think there is no way the next can be better. Mary has proven me wrong each time. Lots of action ,suspense and sweetness.
Debbie Poole
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great series.
This book is full of action.
I don't think Mason, Skylar and the gang have a minute to sit down.
Warning this book has a cliff hanger finish.
I can't wait for the next book in the series.
April
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series is freaking amazing! MaRyan is one of the authors that I will always buy cause her writing is fan-fraking-tastic! I can't wait to see what happens with Mason and Sky. This book has a ton of twists and turns that will surprise you.
Anna Marie
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book ever

I recommend this book to young adults it shows us that we have to live life to the fullest but to be careful because everything has a consequences. I really love this series because it has so much detail
Elvira Natour Porter
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has it all. Mythology, fantasy, humor, romance, loads of action, lovable heroes and a tinge of mystery. I loved it! Unfortunately for me, it ended with the heartbreaking mother of all cliffhangers. Can't wait to get my hands on the sequel!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 27, 2016 07:45AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #152 - From Origins 1 2 Aug 31, 2015 08:14AM

• Blood Warrior (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #4)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • The Sidekick Chronicles (Gryphon, #2.5)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • Guarding Eden: A Midway Novel Book One (Hidden Wings)
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
  • Guardian (The Fallen Chronicles #1)
  • Shadow Fire (Light Chronicles, #1)
  • The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • Envisioned (The Elemental Prophecy, #1)
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Initiation (Chronicles of the Uprising #0.5)
  • Meritorium (Meritropolis, #2)
  • Jack (Leech, #2)
  • Finding Our Way
  • Amplified (The Vampires of Vegas, #3)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryTing
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authormaryt...
Blog: http://TangledTalesOfTing.com/Blog
Twitter @MaryTing https://twitter.com/MaryTing

Mary Ting resides in Southern California with her husband and two children. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Writing her first novel, Crossroads Saga, happened by chance. It was a way to grieve the death

Descendant Prophecies (4 books)
  • From Gods (Descendant Prophecies, #1)
  • From Deities (Descendant Prophecies, #2)
  • From Titans (Descendant Prophecies #4)
“Even if you hated me, my love for you would have never changed. You’re everything to me.” 0 likes