Start by marking “The Billionaire's Bid (Indigo Island #4)” as Want to Read:
The Billionaire's Bid (Indigo Island #4)

The Billionaire's Bid

(Indigo Island #4)

Handsome tycoon James Putnam is acting CEO of his family’s logging company, Putnam Industries. He needs to land a big deal to prove to the board he’s capable of taking over the company. If not, his father’s right-hand-man Walter is more than willing to fill the role. James hurries to Indigo Island alone, certain he has what it takes to land the deal.

Aubrey Templeton is a
Published March 23rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire's Bid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire's Bid

Clare O'Beara
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this tale as the author clearly looked into the topic of deforestation and knows which side she is on. We get early backstory dumps about both main characters, which would have been much better shown than told; but you can ignore most of it. We pick up what we need as we go.

Aubrey has lost her parents and taken on management of their thousand wooded acres on a South Carolina island, plus a cottage and unhappily large debts. She's just passed thirty but hasn't much idea of what to do w
Bette Hansen
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent read. Nothing to heavy and a quick entertaining read. It's very well written, as I would expect from this author, with some very interesting twists and turns. I particularly enjoyed Aubrey's character. Outwardly she seems sweet and quiet but she is a strong woman who will not let anyone sway her opinion. Dealing with the "good ole boy" mentality can be tough and her character handled it beautifully.

Really enjoyed it and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
Jessica
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Sweet & sassy. Fun & lighthearted. I really liked the nature element throughout the book. I thought that Aubrey did right in choosing the eco resort & definitely in choosing James at the end!
Anita Byars
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for a honest review.
Loved this sweet, smoldering, romance story of second chance. This is the first book by Kaira Rouda that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this story. Will definitely need to read the previous stories in this series. Aubrey Templeton is still grieving the loss of her parents from a tragic accident a year ago, she is trying to find a way to pay the mountain of debt that her parents had left her without sellin
LJT
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Billionaire's Bid is an engaging romantic novella from "new to me" author Kaira Rouda. This is the fourth book in a series that takes place on Indigo Island and it can be enjoyed as a standalone. I definitely plan on reading books 1-3 and anything else Ms. Rouda has written thus far. This story gives the reader a real appreciation for environmental preservation, with the added benefit of a smoldering love story.

Reporter Aubrey Templeton lost her parents in a tragic car accident about a year
Angie
**I'm the first to review this book several weeks prior to publication, but the synopsis on Goodreads and NetGalley have the heroine's name as Jessica and in the book it is Aubrey.

I received a copy of this story through NetGalley from the author/publisher for an honest review (thank you!). Before jumping into this, I read the first book of the series about the brother, Blake (currently free on Amazon). I was happy to see his heroine Samantha and and how the author included them for a great deal
Elaine
Aubrey Templeton is still reeling from the death of both her beloved parents and the mountain of debts they’ve left behind. She believes her only chance of remaining solvent is to use the 2.500 acres of land she now owns on Indigo Island to raise the money. She seeks advice and hires Dirk Cooley to help create a management plan to offer to lease the land to logging companies.

James Putnam is trying to prove to the board of his family business that he’s the one to act as CEO whilst his father is i
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: great light read in novella form...
Recommended to t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ by: Netgalley
If you are looking for a fast paced, light read in a novella you have found the right book! This novella was given to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a new to me author and I didn't realize when I requested the book that it was a novella and the 4th book of a series. I hate starting a series so far in...I know they always say it can be read as a stand along but I always feel that I have missed something. That the characters have experiences with or connecting to other c
Tania Godwin-evans
I have never read a book by this author and so can only review this book as a stand-alone although it is the fourth book in the series (which I did not realise at the time I requested it).

This book obviously runs along the formula established in the previous three books and may well even contain characters from those previous books and who may make a return in subsequent books in the series.

I did feel as though I had missed something coming into the series on this book and Aubrey’s constant ment
Valerie
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
On an island, with your heritage at stake what would you be willing to give up or do?

Aubrey Templeton lost both of her parents to an awful car crash only a year ago, and with them died her perception of her life. She now had a mountain of bills, the threat of foreclosure and so much uncertainty she didn’t know what to do and after almost a year of wallowing in the grief she finally decided to do something with the land her parents left her.

James Putnam was one of the richest men on Indigo Islan
Janine
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
A quick lighthearted read

With the CEO position on the line, James Putnam needs to land a big deal to prove he is the right man for the job. Putnam Industries is the only company that should win the deal of logging the Templeton land. The Putnams have been a part of Indigo Island for a very long time. James would know what is right for the island and its people.

Since losing her parents a year ago, Aubrey Templeton has been trying to figure out how to pay the taxes on the land. She refuses to los
Inishowen Cailín
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story takes place on Indigo Island. Aubrey has inherited land on the island but also a heap of debts. To raise funds Audrey puts a lease on the land out to bid to loggers and she hires local forester Dirk Cooly to develop a forest management plan. She invites billionaire James Putnam, a former one night stand, to make a bid.
Things don't go according to plan. James makes a mess of his presentation and to make matters worse he doesn't remember his drunken hookup with Aubrey the year before.
Di
Cindy Hamilton
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Billionaire's Bid by Kaira Rouda is book #4 in Tule Publishing's Indigo Island series. This book is a sweet, romantic novella about 2 people dealing with personal problems that also touches on enviromental preservation. Audrey Templeton is a reporter who is dealing with her parents death and a mountain of debts that her parents accumulated. James Putman is a former playboy and drinker who is trying to prove to the Board of Directors that he is capable of being CEO of Putman Industries, his f ...more
Margaret Sholders
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. I have read Kaira before. I like this series. Kaira has come up with a different story line. I'm not into books so I got lost a few times in the story. Aubrey was a very strong person to deal with the people she had to work with. She has to lease some of her property to pay off her late parent's debts. She wants to sell her trees and asks for bids. She asked James who she met last year to bid and he found out at the last minute someone sabotaged him. Spoilers. James is acting ...more
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Aubrey is longing for family and to keep what she has "left" in tact. She has one night she can not wait for the meeting with the one and only James Putnam, she really would love to "see" him again and knows he will to, or will they?
James is on the another path and is ready to help build his families logging company, he has a one chance meeting to make everything go right with his life and with his family.
I really liked this book such a fun read, it was quick to the point. However there were a
Jean
Aubrey is trying to figure out what to do with her family's land on Indigo Island since her parents died and left her the land, but a lot of debt as well. James Putnam is one of the logging companies making a bid on logging part of the land so she can have money coming in, but not lose the land itself.
This was a fun story. It was nice to revisit Indigo Island and get to see some of the other characters again. Aubrey and James obviously have chemistry, but his failure to remember their previous o
Paula Pugh
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kaira Rouda has written a great read for the Indigo Island series. Her characters of Aubrey Templeton and James Putnum are well thought out and their individual concerns for the island are well woven into the story. There is deceit, in the character of Dirk Cooley, a longtime foe of James and out to get him with Aubrey as the innocent bystander. Events bring them together to fight for what is right for the property her parents left her and for the eco-system of the island. James just wants to do ...more
Isha Coleman
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Was not sure if I would like this story. It turned out better than I expected. James and Aubrey had a one night stand a year ago. She has never forgotten him, has he forgotten her? Although, that was a major aspect of this story it was not the deciding factor to me. What sold me on this story is that both James and Aubrey are trying to do the right thing to atone for their actions in the past. If they just happen to fall in love in the process, so be it. Enjoyable story, I received an ARC of The ...more
Nancy Collins
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A year after her parents death she goes back to the island to save her family's land. Aubrey Templeton hooked up with James Putnam a year ago but is having a meeting with him about the land project. She has one thing on her mind and that is to be with him again but then he does not remember because of his his drinking and partying.James is out to show her that he has changed.
Gretchen
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy island/beach stories. This book had Aubrey trying to get over her parents' death and get out of debt. Queue James, a reformed bad-boy, who wants her land and her body. Good storyline and some hot sex at the end.
Emma
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Billionaire’s Bid by Kaira Rouda Indigo Island, Book 4 my review

Aubrey Templeton is a gorgeous magazine reporter facing a mountain of debt after
Book Gannet
3.5 stars. This quick easy read always has plenty going on and occasionally in unexpected directions. Aubrey has had a difficult year, struggling to deal with her parents’ deaths and the financial repercussions of their expensive lifestyle. She always promised her father she would take care of their land on Indigo Island, to preserve it for future generations, but she has some seriously high back taxes to pay and the man she hired to help her thinks cutting most of it down is the way forward. Au ...more
Sherry
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
The other day, I randomly woke up at three o’clock morning and could not go back to sleep. So, I did what any self-respecting booklover would do, I began reading Billionaire Bid by Kaira Rouda. This was a quick read that finished just as the sun was rising about a reformed playboy James Putnam trying to prove that he is capable of taking over the family business and Aubrey Templeton, who had a one night stand with him a year ago accepting bids to pay off her family’s debt after a tragedy.

Now I
Sue
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like how Kaira seamlessly brings environmental issues to the forefront in The Billionaire's Bid, making it a well rounded, interesting romance!

The hero and the heroine are both easy people to like. Aubrey is much stronger and smarter than she at first came across to me. She's had a difficult year and is feeling ready to move on from it now. It was kind of funny how she was so fixated on one night one year ago she had with James...and he can't even remember it! After her initial hurt and disap
Kerry Croucier
Mar 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Aubrey Templeton unexpectedly lost her parents last year leaving a lot of debt, and now she is trying to find a way to hold on to the family's land and home on Indigo Island. She hired a professional to help her find the best option. James Putnam has cleaned up his act, and, with his father ill, he is next in line for CEO of their logging company. He just needs a deal to prove himself to the Board. Aubrey Templeton's land may be just the deal he needs, plus it will give him a chance to save the ...more
Books and Spoons
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Deception, deceit, and awkward moments occur, as James and Aubrey try to build their future, separate or together, and take care of the Indigo Island's future as well.
The story is not your typical 'billionaire affair' tale, these characters are as real and faulty as the rest of us. They deal with real life issues, and don't throw their money around. Family and inheritance are important to them, and they are willing to go the extra mile to protect them.
The chemistry and connection between James a
Rosemary K
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
James Putnam is working to get his life back on track and to claim his position in the family business. It's important he win the timber contract for the Templeton land. James and Aubrey spent a night together a year ago. She has never forgotten him, but James doesn't remember their time together. Can they get past this and work together? Both these characters are struggling with emotional issues, but the attraction between them is still there. I wanted to see them put aside their pain and face ...more
Shelagh
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kaira Rouda has delivered a lovely warm story in The Billionaire's Bid, the fourth book in her Indigo Island series. While it is handy to have read the first three books in the series for context, this book stands alone nicely.
This is the story of former heavy drinking playboy turned hard-working businessman James Putnam and journalist Aubrey Templeton. Aubrey has inherited a tract of land on Indigo Island and a mountain of debt, while James is trying to prove his worth to the rest of the board
Heidi Pergolski
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Indigo Island series. Meet Aubrey and James. Aubrey is on Indigo Island to contract her parents land and has invited James Putnam as one of the bidders to the meetings. A year ago they had met and Aubrey hopes another night with him might be just what she needs to move on after the loss of her parents. Problem is, she hates the bid James put together and it turns out he doesn’t remember their night together. James wants to keep the land intact and needs this bid to sh ...more
Becky
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet this title takes us to a island down south that is still true to it's rich cultural heritage. The community is quick to judge but also quick to stand and take action.

Aubrey has found herself in charge of a large estate. She had no idea that her parents had been living a lie until they unexpectedly passed away and she got a good look at the books. Logging the old forest looks like the smartest choice to dig out of the financial hole and still save the property for future generati
Kaira Rouda is a USA TODAY bestselling, multiple award-winning author of contemporary fiction exploring what goes on behind closed doors of seemingly perfect lives. Her next novel, THE FAVORITE DAUGHTER, is out May 21.

She lives in Southern California with her family and is at work on her next novel. Connect with her on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest: @KairaRouda; and on Facebook at Kaira Rouda B

Indigo Island (4 books)
  • Weekend with the Tycoon (Indigo Island, #1)
  • Her Forbidden Love (Indigo Island, #2)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Indigo Island #3; Southern Born Christmas #4; Magnolia Bay #7)