Start by marking “Light of Day” as Want to Read:
Light of Day

Light of Day (On the Edge #2)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  310 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
The danger of night can bleed into day.

Like any other Saturday night, Gabby Perez and her best friend, Maria, are out dancing. But this isn’t just another night. When a mysterious stranger warns Gabby their drinks have been drugged, she hurries Maria home. Sure enough, the next day, Maria can’t remember a thing. Gabby’s shaken by their close call. And she’s not going to st
Published November 24th 2015 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Light of Day, please sign up.
Sandie, Teen Lit Rocks I'd say YA, because the protagonist is still in high school, and the love scenes fade to black.

“Of course he was high. That’s what this kiss was about. And yet I couldn’t stop.”

This was an okay YA contemporary story, but it dragged a bit for me.

Gabby seemed to be looking for trouble in this book, trying to turn pimps in to the police does not sound like a good way to stay safe, and she really did keep pushing the limits and feeling invincible, which was more than a
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)

This was an interesting story and an interesting concept. It basically follows Gabby an aspiring DJ, who is saved from being drugged at the club by a mysterious handsome stranger named 'X' and somehow gets tangled up into a darker world of girls getting kidnapped, pimps and sex trafficking.

The story was a quick read for me. I think in a way the author was trying to spread awareness about this issue that's so big in this world right now, I just felt as far as the story went, it was a bit unrealis

Booknut
'“You’re a sweetheart.”

It’s because I love you. I would never say it out loud, of course. But even if I did, he was probably too drugged up to remember it tomorrow. I sat down beside him. “I’m sorry you got hurt. It’s my fault. I’m the one who wanted us to find Bree.” I was trying to hold back tears, but doing a terrible job of it.
“Shhh, don’t cry. It’s not your fault. Come here.”

He guided my face to his and kissed me. Maybe he meant to soothe me, to comfort me. But the slow kiss was agony, and
Traci (The Reading Geek)
I liked Light of Day. I read On the Edge last year and liked it as well, so I was curious about this one.

Light of Day is the story of Gabby who is saved by a mysterious guy who goes by the name of X. She is out with her best friend when X catches a guy slipping something into their drinks and warns her. When one of Gabby's friends goes missing soon after, she reaches out to X for help in finding her. As she grows closer to X, she learns the truth about who he really is.

Gabby was an interesting
Terri
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

**I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher HarperTeen via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is November 24th 2015**

I know I am going to struggle with penning my thoughts on this book. This was a YA book that I really enjoyed even though I am a couple of year (cough cough) beyond the age demographic that this is aimed for.

This is also a second book that covers the "Destinos".
bookrockbetty
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Meh.....
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to HarperTeen

--------------------------------------------------------------
Point of View: Single (Gabby)
Writing: First Person | Past Tense
Setting: Miami
Genre: Young Adult | Contemporary
--------------------------------------------------------------

Another wonderful book about gang, drugs and sex trafficking by Allison van Diepen that I absolutely enjoyed. Since I read another book by her based on the same topic, it didn't surprise when I ended up liking the heck out of it just as much
Defne (that-bookworm)
This book was a disappointment for me and I'm beyond sad right now.

If you read my review of On the Edge, you will remember that I absolutely loved it and it was even in my "2015 favorites" list. When I learned that there would be a spin-off/sequel and my babies from the previous book would be present, I was ecstatic. I couldn't be happier, you get me?

But this book, naah... I mean, I should have known I would not like it because the jacket material was different than the first book's and I didn't
Read InAGarden
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Gabby is an aspiring DJ who has had to find a new social group after breaking up with her long time boyfriend. One night at a club she meets a mysterious guy named X who warns her about the dangers of Miami street life. Gabby is intrigued by X and after one of her classmates goes missing she contacts X to enlist his help in finding the missing girl, Bree. At first Gabby thinks X is an undercover cop but it turns out he is the leader of a street gang who save teen girls from street pimps. Upon fi ...more
Kristina
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ll be honest, I enjoyed this story a lot more than I was expecting too. I read the first book in the series, On the Edge and I did not like it. I decided to give Light of Day a chance because the synopsis intrigued me and I was not disappointed! It was also a quick read, which I always like.

I loved X. He was so mysterious and original. He was the leader of a gang and he literally had a heart of gold. I loved what he and his gang were trying to accomplish. I really liked X and Gabby together.
April
If you are looking for a breezy plane read or have to fill your library with appealing books for reluctant readers – this book is the perfect selection to make. Read the rest of my review here
Goes live January 2016
Once Upon a Twilight
Really enjoyed reading this book. Look for full review closer to November.
Louisa
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, really enjoyed having X's story, and his real name, and Gabbie! Really great story! And I wouldn't mind more Destino boy's stories!
Emily (Falling for YA)
Found bits of this storyline unbelievable but it was a quick, easy, fast paced read.
Emily Benoit
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reads-of-2016
*3.5
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Some books and I hit it off, and some books and I just aren't meant to be.
Saleena Davidson
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Gabby and her friend are saved by a mysterious stranger when someone tries to put drugs in her friend's drink. Turns out that there are bad people who are kidnapping attractive girls and turning them into prostitutes. Gabby finds out more about Mister X, and ends up falling in love, even though they are from different worlds. This is a classic romantic suspense book; lots of action and suspense surrounded by an aura of love and angst. Teen girls and their moms will eat it up.
Amy Butcher
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I read the first book loved it,read this loved it too now I'm quarter of the way through the third and am enjoying it as well.All the characters are different in each book,but each book has a different tale and each gritty and hardcore and end in a twisty love story.Each book is so well written and so gripping and edgy I just love each book.I never can wait for the next.
Jessica A
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book more than I liked the first one in the series, On The Edge. Although, I didn't find the fact that Gabby and X fell in love so quickly realistic. If the book would've been a little longer, so that they could learn more about each other would probably make it better.
Hannah
Gabby and her friend are out dancing at a club when some mysterious guy warns her that both her drink and her friends have been tampered with and the guy they are talking to is not up to any good. Gabby is able to get her friend away and stay safe, but when she talks about what happened on her radio show the mysterious guy shows up and says its too dangerous to talk about that. His name is X and soon Gabby needs his help finding one of her old friends who has gone missing.
Molly
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Huge thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy of this to review!

So I didn't read On the Edge even though I have an eARC of it and now that I know that this was a companion I might go back and read it someday. If you've read OTE, then you'll be happy to know that Lobo and Maddie made an appearance in this book. This book and OTE both have the Destino gang connecting them, just fyi.

Anyways, I rather enjoyed this book. I wasn't too sure about it when I got a copy of the publisher,
Sangria
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
First, I would like to thank the publisher for the advanced copy of this book. I received this copy in exchange for my honest review.

I have mixed feelings about this book. Overall, the main character, Gabby, is a smart girl. She catches on fairly quickly – although, at the most crucial times when she should and it seems obvious, she does not. She doesn’t overreact, which is a huge plus because this often leads to unnecessary and time consuming drama. But there are a number of things about the
Ryley (Ryley Reads)
Well, I'm not sure this one was as good as the first book in the series...

This book is a companion novel to On the Edge and follows a new couple, Gabby and X. One night, after sneaking into a club, Gabby and her friend Maria narrowly escape their drugged drinks after a stranger warns them. Gabby soon finds out that the man who tried to drug them was going to kidnap them and force them into prostitution. Things pretty much go back to normal until Gabby's ex-friend Bree doesn't come home from a pa
Ruthsic
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
When Gabby Perez is almost drugged at a night club, she takes matters into her own hands. Teaming up with a mysterious stranger known as X, she scours the seedy underworld of Miami, determined to take down a ring of pimps who are drugging and kidnapping innocent girls. As their search deepens, Gabby and X can’t ignore their undeniable attraction to each other. Then Gabby discovers the truth about who X really is and the danger that surrounds him. Can their love survive the light of day?

Light of
Richa
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Originally posted on City of Books

Light of Day is a companion novel to On the Edge, as both books are set in the same world and feature similar premises. But this can be read as a standalone, even if you haven't read On the Edge. I've read both, and I think I enjoyed this one a little more.

Gabby is introduced to the seedy side of the city when she takes it upon herself to find her missing friend, who has apparently become part of a prostitution ring - according to the mysterious guy Gabby meets
Reviewsbypaige
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before I even started this novel, I knew it was going to be good. Allison Van Diepen is by far one of my favourite authors, and she never fails to amaze me with the stories she writes! Each urban novel she creates contains the perfect balance of mystery, drama, suspense and romance. I really love the fact that Light of Day has such a realistic story line and characters. Allison Van Diepen not only creates a great story, but she also informs her readers on issues that happen in the real world whe ...more
Beth
One Saturday night, Gabby Perez goes clubbing with her friend Maria and their drinks are drugged. But before Gabby takes her first sip, she is warned by a mysterious and handsome stranger. Her friend Maria, however, is not so lucky. Thankfully, Gabby manages to get Maria out of the club and away from the pimp who was planning on kidnapping both girls before the evening was over and forcing them into prostitution. The next morning, Maria has no memory of what transpired.

After that night, Gabby wa
Eden Grey
Heart-pounding, page-turning urban romance!

A companion novel to Van Diepen's ON THE EDGE, this contemporary romance and mystery novel is told from the point of view of Gabby Perez, a high school student who loves her friends, her family, and her weekly talk radio show. Gabby uses the airwaves to raise awareness of a growing problem in her community - girls being drugged, kidnapped, and trapped into prostitution. When one of Gabby's close friends disappears, she takes matters into her own hands,
Tina
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of this author's work, basically having read every book she has ever written. While I did not know this before reading it, this book follows up the first book in this series (albeit very minimally) - which was a nice touch.

Gabby is a wonderful main character. At first, I thought she was headed into the "usual" bitchy rebelling against my parents, but this was not the case. She was smart, goal oriented and a fun character. She wants a career in radio, she wants a shot at her passi
Sandra
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
When I saw this book my first thought was "what a cheesy cover". But since it was in the new book shelf I picked it up to see what it was about and it didn't sound too bad. A friend who disappears and probably was kidnapped to be forced into prostitution. What I expected was some type of exciting thriller which explores the dark side of Miami. What I got instead was a cheesy romance which just fits the picture perfectly.

The whole story seemed very artificial/fabricated and not very realistic. I
  • Like Candy (Candy #1)
  • How to Win at High School
  • Promposal
  • Get Happy
  • Unraveling 3 (Unraveling, #3)
  • The International Kissing Club
  • Can't Walk Away (The Thomas Family Chronicles Book 1)
  • The Kiss
  • Grey
  • The Revenge Playbook
  • The Rapunzel Dilemma
  • The Faerie Guardian, Part IV
  • Before the Storm (Rarity Cove, #1)
  • After Hours
  • The Tenderness of Thieves
  • The Ghost of You (The Ghost of You #1)
  • What's Broken Between Us
  • Dead Ringer
Allison van Diepen is the author of many teen novels, including Takedown, Street Pharm, Snitch, Raven, The Oracle of Dating, The Oracle Rebounds, and The Vampire Stalker. Her novels have been named ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers and New York City Public Library Books for the Teen Age.

Her latest is the heart-pounding ON THE EDGE series set in Miami. ON THE EDGE and LIGHT OF DAY are in store
More about Allison van Diepen

On the Edge (3 books)
  • On the Edge
  • Run the Risk

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Who knew a crush could actually be painful? Maybe that's why it was called a crush.” 3 likes
“Hope is dangerous.” 3 likes