Start by marking “Reckless Hearts (Wicked Games, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Hearts (Wicked Games, #2)

Reckless Hearts (Wicked Games #2)

3.08  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
What do you do if you find yourself fantasizing about kissing your best friend? Sensitive guitarist Jake has been asking himself that same question for a long time, and there’s no easy answer. Telling his dream girl—talented anime artist Elena—about his feelings might lead to the ultimate rejection, but not telling her just might kill him.

Before Jake can make his move, tho
Published November 24th 2015 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Hearts

Faye, la Patata
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Don't we just love watching trainwrecks happen?

Last year, I read the author's Wicked Games, a young adult suspense thriller with extremely unlikeable characters who got themselves entangled in a situation that actually spelt complete and utter DISASTER. It was the sort of drama where you know everything was going to go totally wrong, and it was only a matter of watching everything explode. I do admit that the first book was suspenseful, the edge-of-your-seat kind of thriller that would make your

“When I’m with him, I feel, I don’t know. Reckless.”

This was an interesting story, but it wasn’t as gripping as the first in the series.

I felt quite sorry for Jake and the position he found himself in; not knowing whether to confess to his best friend that he was in love with her, for fear of losing her altogether wasn’t easy for him, and I could understand his indecision.
Aly's Bookish Wonderland
Review also available on 100% Rock Magazine!

"When I'm with him, I feel, I don't know. Reckless."

The first book in this series by Sean Olin, Wicked Games, was not my favourite. In fact, this reader found herself disliking everything about it: from the unlikable characters (which are usually the characters I always like) to the plot, to the insulting way mental illness was handled in the context of the book. Unfortunately, despite wishing it were different, Reckless Hearts was no better.

This b
Erin
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015, ya-read
1.5 stars. The low rating is due large in part to disappointment. Wicked Games was a train wreck of awesomeness with characters that were complex and compelling. This companion? Not so much. The story dragged and lacked the suspense that made its predecessor so compulsively readable. Sad face here friends, a sad face indeed.
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I got from the publisher via Edelweiss.

Diversity Rating: 1 – Tokenism

Racial-Ethnic:
1 (Elena is Cuban-American; another character named Arnold is Asian)
QUILTBAG: 0
Disability: 0 (Arnold has autism and is horribly portrayed/written)
Intersectionality: 0

Reviews for Wicked Games, the first novel in Olin’s series, have been resoundingly negative and one of my friends calls that book among the worst she’s ever read, but I got lured in by Rec
Barb
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I do not recommend
I hate to be too negative in a review, but I received an ARC from Edelweiss/Above the Treeline with the understanding I would give an honest review.

Reckless Hearts is a story of Jake and Elena who have known each other since they were in diapers. Jake is in love with Elena, but she is just a friend. Jake's mom marries a wealthy man who has a son named Nathaniel.

Nathaniel resents the "hippie chick" and her son who have come into his and his father's lives. He feels they are in it for all they c
Diane Ferbrache
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Best friends, Jake (an aspiring musician) and Elena (online animation artist) are about to move to the next level when Jake’s mother marries a hotel mogul. Jake finds himself in a new (much wealthier) town with a new stepdad and an obnoxious stepbrother. Elena, feeling abandoned by Jake, begins a relationship with someone she meets online. Jake is certain there’s more to Harlow than his online profile would indicate.

In this teen romance there are no real surprises, just some plot twists and tur
Brad Sells
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
The first book, Wicked Games, was such a twisted, gripping read, but hardly anything happened in Reckless Hearts. I called the twist at around the 20% mark, but what disappointed me the most was how draggy and slow this sequel was.
Juliet-Camille

description
Dark Faerie Tales
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: After the enchanting, suspenseful first installment, I had high expectations for this second novel. Unfortunately, I was left feeling unfulfilled.

Opening Sentence: DP Movers – their slogan was, “you point the way, Dream Point!” – had arrived this morning at eight thirty.

The Review:

Jake is a sensitive musician who is in love with his best friend. His sudden move into his rich new stepdad’s luxurious mansion has convinced him of his need to co
Krutula

Before Jake can make his move, though, a new mysterious guy enters the picture in an unexpected way. In Elena’s mind, Harlow is excitement personified: a rebel
Rebecca (Unbound Pages)
This review and more can be found on my blog, The Library Canary.

***I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way influenced my opinion. The review below reflects my open and honest thoughts.***

I really enjoyed the first book in this "series", Wicked Games. Okay, it's not really a series. They are companion novels, but same concept as far as plot goes. The first one was a total guilty pleasure book for me. It was entertaining and screwed
Molly
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Huge thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy of this for review!

So last year I tried to read the first book in the "Wicked Games" series and I could not get into it and had to drop it. I was surprised to get this from Harper and thought that since they'd sent me a copy I'd give it a try. Thankfully things went MUCH better this time around.

Overall this is a quick contemporary read. The writing isn't anything special and I saw the twist coming a mile away. But I enjoyed the characters and
Stacy Books
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Jake and Elena have been best friends nearly their entire lives. They spend every day together, hanging out, and sharing with one another what each one loves to do: Jake is a song writer and guitarist; Elena loves creating anime based on their friendship. And of course, Jake is hopelessly, desperately in love with Elena. Then Jake has to move, and that's when their friendship really gets interesting.

When readers meet him, Jake and his mom move to her new husband's mansion in the richest part of
Dee Price
Jake and Elena have been neighbors and best friends forever, and although Jake would like to be more than just friends he's afraid that Elena doesn't feel the same way. When Jake's mom remarries and they move across town, a lonely Elena enters into a relationship with a boy named Harlow that she meets online. Jake begins to suspect that Harlow isn't who he claims to be but Elena brushes his suspicions off as jealousy. Elena's aloof attitude soon leave her and Jake in a precarious situation that ...more
Andrea
Aug 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
-1 star for writing "quatro" instead of "cuatro", and "Miley Cirus" instead of "Cyrus".
-0.5 star because I was expecting a much better ending after those events.
-0.25 star because no latino father would tell his pregnant daughter to f*ck off and get out of the house. We're all about family, no matter how f*cked up they are.
-0.25 star because Elena needs to get her sh*t together; this girl doesn't have any idea of what she wants in life!
+2 stars for Jake, because even though he also needs to put
Heather Wood
DNF. Not sure why I picked this one up, especially after not liking the characters in the author's other work Wicked Games at all. The plot and the characters weren't working for me, so I gave up. No rating.
Louisa
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yeah, this book was on par of the last book, being in the same town again, a few years after Wicked Games, since Lilah was mentioned. And again, that ending! Though this one was even bigger, because it's going to be more than one person!
Sandie, Teen Lit Rocks
It started with promise, and I liked Elena and Jake quite a bit, but the development of the antagonist was unbelievable. It would've been far better had the Harlow character been a little less of a sociopath and more complex/layered.
Jen {Stay to the Lights}
Quite predictable. I guessed the identity of the new guy very quickly. I much preferred the first one. But the ending made me think that may be another book.
Staci Suhy
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free as part of a first reads promotion
Tierra
rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2016
Natalie
Mar 27, 2016
  • Get Dirty (Don't Get Mad, #2)
  • Becoming (Project Five Fifteen #3)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Death Vigil, Vol. 1
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • Revive (RedZone, #1)
  • Amongst the Dead
  • Blades Of Illusion (Crown Service, #2)
  • Almost a World Record Breaker (Teddy Mars #1)
  • Deadly Sweet Lies (The Dream War Saga, #2)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • While You Were Gone (Duplexity, #2)
  • Never Missing, Never Found
  • Bad Luck Girl (The American Fairy, #3)
  • Twisted
  • The Pretty App (App, #2)
  • Wanderers (Wasteland, #2)
  • Transcendent (Starling, #3)
Sean Olin is the author of Killing Britney, a 2005 ALA Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers. He lives in New York City.
More about Sean Olin

Wicked Games (2 books)
  • Wicked Games (Wicked Games, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)