Start by marking “Faking It (It Girls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Faking It (It Girls, #1)

Faking It

(It Girls #1)

Haven't you ever told a little lie in the name of love?

Vivia Grant couldn’t be happier. She has her dream job and is about to marry her dream man. Does it really matter that she’s led him to believe she’s a virgin? After all, being in love makes every experience feel like the first time anyway! But an unexpected encounter with an ex-lover is about to expose her embarrassin
Published May 12th 2015 by Kensington Books

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister by: Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover

Please regard my rating lightly, because I'm beginning to think Chick-Lit and I just don't mix!

There is nothing wrong with this book. It's charming and funny and very well-written. I think it's more my preference than anything else, and this just doesn't seem to be a genre I vibe well with.

However, I did enjoy, and I do think many of you Chick-Lit lovers will have a lot of fun with this one!

*Full review to follow*

Edited: Some friends have asked the difference between Chick-Lit and Contemporary
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
**4.5 Hilariously Fun Stars**

*ARC graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

description

So I officially cannot breathe! I love my Texas, but this place in the spring is a like death trap. I'm miserable and ODing on Zyrtec and Benadryl. So please forgive this gal if this review seems like I'm blabbering! Not even my obsession with books is helping the situation. Those darn flowers!!! So in my distressed state I decided to start Faking It. Not actually "faking it", but the book Fak
Amy | Foxy Blogs
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
A cute, fun book about a girl who is dumped by her fiance after he finds out she lied to him about her virginity.

Vivia is crushed but not devastated over her new found single status. To not waste the already paid for honeymoon she heads to France with her bestfriend. The two of them end up on bike tour as part of the honeymoon package. The tour cyclist is a sexy French male who piques Vivia's attention.

description

I normally don't read chick lit but every once in awhile I take a chance on this genre. While
Amy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I have a small confession. My love of reading may have started when I was a young child but what truly made me a bookworm was Chick Lit. Bridget Jones, Becky Bloomwood, and Rachel White are some of my all time favorite fictional characters, period, regardless of genre. Over time my tastes evolved and I began reading wider and found myself drawn to darker themes and my love affair with thrillers exploded and now they pretty much dominate my TBR. I still go back to my beloved CL quite often, it’ll ...more
Liina
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
After reading the blurb I knew it's a book I'd enjoy and I was not wrong, it was a fantastic read! I also love the cover, it looks very pretty.
The story follows Vivia, who is being dumped by her fiancé after her little secret came out. What made it even worse-he ended their engagement via a text message! Vivia is heartbroken, but her friend doesn't let her cry over it at home and they head to Vivia's honeymoon trip, which takes them to France.

Inconsiderately Vivia's fiancé had booked them a bik
Terri
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

**I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher Kensington via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is May 12 2015**

I was a little hesitant starting this book as while the synopsis sounded interesting I didn't think there would be any standout moments in the book. I was wrong! This book was hilarious and I actually wished it was longer!

What makes this story stand out from other
Jill
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it

It's not you dear book, it's me

First up, lest anyone think Faking It isn't worth reading, it is. My paltry 2.5 stars simply means it doesn't suit me. However, Leah Marie Brown is a very good writer, and this book will suit many readers.

Since this is an ARC, I am required to review it. And since I don't fake it I have to give my honest opinion. I picked this up at NetGalley as it's categorised as women's fiction and romance. And because it looked like fun. But, this leans too much towa
Kirsten
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was by far one of my top favorite books! I at first was a bit hesitant to read it because it seemed a bit cheesy but boy was I wrong. Now I just wish I could give it a hundred stars, it was just that good!

The book starts off with Vivia being dumped a few days before her wedding day and she is absolutely devastated, but to make matters worse her ex-fiance has her fired from her job. Now she is fiance-less, jobless, homeless, and super depressed. In comes her super hysterical and blunt best
Didi
Apr 22, 2015 marked it as amazon-kobo-netgalley-freebie  ·  review of another edition
** Arc provided by Kensington Books via NetGalley for review **
Elisa
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy, silly read! Totally enjoyed it, needed something light and airy and this was it! Looking forward to and hoping for an It Girls #2!
Selina
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love books set in far flung places, and if said far flung place happens to be France, then I’m totally there. One look at the gorgeous cover of Faking It by Leah Marie Brown, and I knew I had to read it!

Vivia Perpetua Grant has serious relationship hang ups, most of which seem to stem from being named after a saint. She feels compelled to appear virginal even when, well, she’s not. Her soon to be husband believes this to be case, and when a chance encounter with a past one night stand days bef
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Faking It is a journey of self-discovery. I was blown away by the in-depth portrayal with deep meaning in today’s society. It is one women’s testimony to the idea of getting real, not just with one’s self but with the ones around them. It takes a crack at the reality of the fake lives many live on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and every social media outlet and forces the reader to ask themselves "who am I?". Vivia took the idea of making lemonade when life becomes a lemon to a whole new level. T ...more
Parismaddy
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Faking It ~Leah Marie Brown

A Fun Book to Read Before it Hits the Theater (Are you reading PRODUCERS?),

This review is from: Faking It (Paperback) Having read other writings of Leah Marie Brown I knew some of what to expect... entertaining plots with well-drawn characters that a reader can care about... but Brown far surpassed my expectations with "Faking It", her first novel in the "IT Girl" series. This is not my usual genre so to keep me interested, and amused, is no easy task. While this is
Lisa Bentley
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
I’m going to be really honest with you, I requested Faking It from NetGalley based entirely on the book’s cover. I’d never read anything by Leah Marie Brown before and on the cover was a picture of the Eiffel Tower and since I am a bit of a Francophile I decided that I wanted to read it. This is one of those serendipitous moments in the life of a book lover because damn this book was really good.

Faking It was a quick light-hearted read that constantly left me with that feel good feeling. It foll
Tammy Cody Langfeld
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was "pee your pants" funny! Great character development and some awesome one liners - especially from the French bestie.

I loved Leah's writing style and her amazing ability to make me visualize the settings for the book. Only down side was I now can not stop dreaming of traveling to France and Italy sans husband and kids to flirt with cute men!! A girl can dream!

I highly recommend the book - great light read for the summer!
Rachelle Cypher
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book to read!
Plethora
Mostly predictable light chick lit read about a jilted almost at the altar girl. Can she stop pretending to live a life that isn't true to herself to move on? Into her mid-twenties she should be able ready to stop living her life to please everyone else.
Lisa Reed
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hunky Frenchman, Humor and Heat? Count Me In!

Vivia Perpetua Grant is a hot mess! And I love her for it. She is witty, self-effacing, imperfect, and loveable. And she is about to take a self-assessment journey that challenges her to step outside of her comfort zone and reexamine who she really is and what it is she wants out of life.

Up until now, Vivia has spent her life as a people pleaser, trying her utmost to be what everyone wanted her to be. But it has finally caught up with her when one "li
Sherry
LOVED it! Great laugh out loud fun! Looking forward to more books in the It Girls series. ★★★★★

It's been a little over a month since I read this book and it still amuses me to think back to it. I loved our main character, Vivia. Whenever I shared this book to others they also laughed out loud about how she felt the need to lie about her sexual history and the basic storyline I described to them. I would LOVE to see this book translated into a movie! It's really easy to visualize the situations V
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!
This was a great book; this is the first book in the It Girls series by Leah Marie Brown. Vivia Grant’s fiancé dumps her when he finds out that she has been lying to him about her virginity. Her best friend talks her into them going on the honeymoon together since it is already paid for. So they head off to Tuscany for an adventure. Once I started reading this book I did not want to put it down. If you are looking for a great chic lit, with some very funny, laugh out loud moments then y
Stephanie
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED "Faking It" by Leah Marie Brown!!!! This is one of the funniest novels I have read in a long time and it literally had me laughing out loud! Some of the quotes are just brilliant and worth jotting down for future use, that is for sure! many of the pop culture reference are down right hilarious. I especially loved the relationship between Vivia and her best friend Fanny (who definitely needs her own story!), and how different, yet so complementary, their personalities are. This ...more
Kayla
Apr 09, 2015 added it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was a very cute book. Vivia had to grow on me a bit, but once she did I really liked her. However I liked her bff, Fanny, from the get go. I think everyone needs a Fanny in their life.

Honestly, there were a few parts of this story that were very far-fetched but overall it works very well and has good flow. It's a very fun, lovely read and I think it would be perfect for a beach or pool side read this summer. Also, I adore this cover.

I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in retu
Jessica
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, I really enjoyed this one. I didn't like the idea that she lies about her virginity being the basis of the book, but it turned out done in a fairly tasteful way. Vivian lies and then gets caught which causes her engagement to get canceled. Then we follow her and her best friend as they take her honeymoon through France and Italy. The situations she gets herself into are just funny. And Jean Luc, well where can I find a guy like that. Overall a cute, fun book!

**I received a copy from the pu
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
I don't often read chic lit books because well we all know they are predictable but once in a while i need to read a easy read.

I chose this to read and review because it sounded interesting. I am so glad I read it because I couldn't put it down. Started reading it and I ended up staying up later because I just lost track of time and I had a few giggles while I was reading this book too.

I highly recommend this book.
Veronica Buckler
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Vivia is a hoot! Men suck! Following Vivia and Frannie on the Honeymoon that should have been was warm and wonderful. I absolutely identified with Vivia in her dislike of some things, but determination to finish no matter what. She is spunky, strong, hilarious and completely likeable. Getting Grady to read the next book in the series. Leah Mari Brown has a new fan in me!
Tava Musial
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wedding called off. Honeymoon with your French bestie anyway. Yes please! What a fun Summer read.....love, lust, friendship, heartache and hilarity....it's all there! This book has great characters and a wonderful backdrop of France and Italy. Faking It has some classic one liners and makes you anxious for the next two in the It Girl series!
Melissa
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a light and fun read about a jilted bride coming into her own and what better way to do it than on her would be honeymoon in the South of France with her BFF?! Funny and sexy. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 5 solid stars!!!!
Leah Moris
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE THIS book !!! Funny !!! If you like Bridget Jones you will love this book !!
Lauren R.
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book! I was LOL a lot while reading it. Can't wait to see more books in this series.
Alex Nicolajsen
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun read!
Happily Ever Afte...: Lightning Contest - Over in a flash 2 5 Aug 17, 2015 02:08PM
Chick Lit Book Club: Lightning Contest - Over in a flash 1 7 Aug 17, 2015 12:34PM
Chicks On Lit: HUGE Giveaway- Faking It BD Bash 1 7 Jun 12, 2015 09:54AM
Happily Ever Afte...: HUGE Giveaway - Faking It BD Bash 1 11 Jun 12, 2015 09:48AM
Chick Lit Reviews: GIVEAWAY. Faking It 3 12 Jun 01, 2015 10:40AM
Happily Ever Afte...: FABULOUS French Goodies Giveaway 3 8 May 16, 2015 08:11PM
  • Melting into You (Sweet Home Alabama, #3)
  • Love Struck (Miss Match, #2)
  • The Accidental Elopement (Chance Romance #3)
  • Wilde Thing (Born to Be Wilde, #3)
  • Dating101: Your Guide to Avoiding Disastrous Relationships
  • Four Nights at Sea (International Affairs #2)
  • Weddings and Wasabi (Sushi, #4)
  • Among a Thousand Stars
  • Bomb
  • Cooking with Kandy (Will Cook for Love, #1)
  • Falling Hard (Nugget #9)
  • Someone Like You (The Harrisons, #2)
  • Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark, #1)
  • Fighting Love (Littleton Brothers #1)
  • The Other Side of The Bridge
  • Dark Child (the Awakening): Episode 1 (Dark Child, #1.1)
  • The Holdout
  • Lost in You (The Monroes, #3)
I am an American writer with a penchant for Paris and all things pink!

Before writing novels, I worked as a print journalist for a Pulitzer prize winning newspaper and served in the United States Air Force as a Radio and Television Broadcaster.

An avid traveler, I have had adventures and mishaps from London to Tokyo, which I write about on my blog, On Life, Love & Accidental Adventures, and in

It Girls (4 books)
  • Finding It (It Girls, #2)
  • Working It (It Girls, #3)
  • Owning It
“My mum refers to female genitalia as scones.” 3 likes
“The way she always stared at Leo was kind of disturbing. She twirled a lock of her wavy hair around a finger and batted her long, curly eyelashes at him. Once, in Chem class, Leo’s Chap Stick dropped out of his pocket and rolled across the floor without him noticing. Carrie picked it up. Later, I saw her pop the lid off, sniff it, and then rub it over her lips. She had this weird look on her face, a bit like when Buffalo Bill tossed the bottle of Jergens down to his victim in Silence of the Lambs. I half expected her to moan, “It rubs the Chap Stick on its lips.” 3 likes