Start by marking “Charlie Smithers: Adventures in India (The Charlie Smithers Collection Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Charlie Smithers: Adventures in India (The Charlie Smithers Collection Book 2)

Charlie Smithers: Adventures in India

(Charlie Smithers #2)

Book 2 of the best-selling Charlie Smithers Collection

Flashman's alter ego returns!

Four years after Charlie returns from Africa, having survived a charging rhinoceros, ravenous crocodiles, fierce Maasai warriors, and evil slavers (not to mention inadvertently discovering the source of the Nile,) we find him in India. Yes, that's right, his master, Lord Brampton, accompan
Published February 20th 2015 by Wild Wolf Publishing (first published February 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Charlie Smithers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlie Smithers

Diana Ridout
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I did not think that it would be possible to follow Charlie Smithers first adventure with anything that was as totally all engrossing and engaging, but CW Lovatt has not only succeeded in bringing us a second book that was as enjoyable, but has actually surpassed the first book in range, scope and utter brilliance.

When authors seek to maintain stability within an established series, there is sometimes a danger that stories can become diluted, but this is not the case with the Charlie Smithers bo
Evie
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At first I couldn't get personal issues out of my mind and then unexpectedly, I fell into the story. Emerging some time later, I realised that I had been absorbed by the tale, all reality had vanished as I joined the adventurers in India.

I was there, an unlikely observer as Charlie denied his affection for the great grey beast Radha. When they saved Madam Pirali, I was biting a finger nail.

This is truly a wonderful work of historical fiction as Eden crosses the inhospitable frontiers of India in
Monique
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I love this book!Charlie Smithers is the most endearing character. The dialogue is brilliant and he is so witty I found myself laughing out loud constantly. And on top of it all even though he's a proper gentleman's gentleman he is also a force to be reckoned with.Reading this book was indeed an adventure. C.W.Lovatt picks you up and sets you right in the middle of India. His use of imagery was so excellent I could almost swear I was standing beside Charlie through the entire book. Charlie Smith
Karen
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
CHARLIE SMITHERS ADVENTURES IN INDIA. CW LOVATT
Charlie Smithers is being sent on a diplomatic junket into Bhutan a northern region of India. In 1864, political corruption was no different then, than it is now.
As Charlie always seems to attract controversy and formidable enemies he is once again embroiled in a scandalous affair with one of the servants on the mission. The trip is fraught with many frustrations not to mention the obvious disdain of the man in charge whom Charlie thinks is a blith
Lyn
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful addition to the series!, February 23, 2015
By Miss Lyn "Lyn Askew" (Raleigh NC) - See all my reviews
Edit Review
Delete Review
This review is from: Charlie Smithers: Adventures in India (The Charlie Smithers Collection Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
What a great adventure with our gentleman's gentleman,Charlie Smithers!! We find ourselves in India this time with Charlie and the bumbling grumpy Lord Brampton.We leap right into the excitement with tigers,brave elephants and dire
Rebecca Larsen
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

An exciting tale taking place in India. With plenty of twists and turns to keep things interesting, this story will keep you turning the page. I enjoyed the vivid descriptions of the countryside and people. Set in 1863, Mr. Lovatt has tried to maintain some historical accuracy while writing.

This story has great character interaction, and an exciting plot. I liked most of the characters, especially Doctor Simpson and Cheeboo.
Kim Dickerson
Lovatt has such a magical way of sucking the reader into the story. Smithers is a lovable character who always tries to do the right thing in very odd situations. It was a very quick read because I couldn't put it down. The characters are very 3 dimensional and believable and the descriptions are nothing short of wonderful. Immerse yourself in Charlie's world!
Robert Southworth
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pure Brilliance

Well researched, evocative story that takes the reader to another time and place through the skilled penmanship of the author. Clever plot and delightful characters...definitely an author to watch.

Robert Southworth author of the Spartacus Chronicles and Ripper Legacies.
Janice Clark
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlie's adventures continue. Besides writing a compelling adventure story, Lovatt has done the research to add realism to his historical fiction.
Linda White
Jul 15, 2018
Patrick Martin
Jan 14, 2017
C.W. Lovatt
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Owen O'Donnell
Stellar Tellar
Apr 23, 2016
Peter Lok
Jul 17, 2015
CW Lovatt is the award-winning author of the best selling Charlie Smithers Collection, and the critically acclaimed Josiah Stubb series. He divides his time living in Canada and the U.K. “The Plains of Abraham” is the third book of the Josiah Stubb trilogy.

Charlie Smithers (3 books)
  • The Adventures of Charlie Smithers
  • Charlie Smithers: Adventures Downunder (The Charlie Smithers Collection, #3)