Start by marking “Kriegspfad (Star Trek, Deep Space Nine #9.01)” as Want to Read:
Kriegspfad (Star Trek, Deep Space Nine #9.01)

Kriegspfad

(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

Der Auftakt der neunten Staffel!

Sie wurden als Tötungsmaschinen geschaffen. Die Jem’Hadar sind eine hochintelligente, einfallsreiche, und trugerisch komplexe Spezies, die fur den Krieg konstruiert und auf genetischer Ebene fur einen einzigen Zweck programmiert wurde: bis zum Tod als Soldaten eines sich ausdehnenden Imperiums namens Dominion zu kämpfen. Kein Jem’Hadar hat j
Mass Market Paperback, deutsche Erstausgabe, 300 pages
Published March 25th 2013 by Cross Cult (first published April 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kriegspfad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kriegspfad

Dan
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, ds9
A fun and exciting novel filled with great action and some fantastic setup for the stories to come. This is classic David Mack: a number of stories come together with some fantastic payoff, while still setting up the novels to come. Four out of five stars is my rating for Warpath. Not to be missed.

Full review: http://treklit.blogspot.com/2015/06/w...
Crystal Bensley
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leading into some interesting Mirror Universe stuff and plenty of action!
Elen
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm just so tired of Elias Vaughn.
Greg
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly stunning read. Full of lyrical prose, a deep and satisfying storyline, major plot twists, impressive tech even by trek standards not to mention the massive emotional stake that grabs your heart and doesn't let go. Of course it all ends at the final page but then you realise its merely a chapter in the hypothetical eighth season of Star Trek's finest hour. Spoilers prevent me from being specific and yes i am being deliberately vague. So all i can do is give this beautiful book full marks ...more
Snogged
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
David Mack has a knack for action, thrills, and characterization. Warpath brings together a number of threads, including a Mirror Universe one (!), and makes the reader eager for more. I particularly loved the friendship between Ro and Quark and the father/daughter relationship established thru Vaughn and Prynn. Kira's dreams were a bit confusing though so I would say this book lost a star for that.
Preston Pendergraft
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Overall, really enjoyed this book. One of my favorites of the DS9r. Does set up a lot of things. I am generally NOT a fan of the mirror universe, but I am really digging the plot/arc that this book starts. Awesome.
brett
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

Really good, my first deep space nine novel, looking forward to reading many more. This one was was fast paced and I enjoyed it.
Adam
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent post-series DS9 novel from David Mack!
Terry
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Read

I always enjoy David Mack's books. Small chapters make smooth reading. Looking forward to the next installment. Now looking for my next book to read.
Kathy
I probably picked the wrong book for the mood I was in. David Mack is great at writing complex stories that have multiple plot lines that eventually all start to tie together. Unfortunately, I wanted the exact opposite thing- a simple Trek story with only two plot lines. Needless to say, I was left with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after reading Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Warpath.

I really should have picked a different Star Trek author for my mood but I was intrigued by the idea of David M
Maurice Jr.
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Worlds Of Deep Space Nine: The Dominion and Ferenginar, Taran'atar attacked Captain Kira and Lieutenant Ro, left them for dead and marched off to pursue a mysterious task that even he wasn't quite sure why it was so urgent that he had to go do it.

Warpath picks up where the Dominion story left off. He stole a runabout- with Ensign Prynn Tenmei piloting (she was taking it on a shakedown cruise after repairs) and commanded her to pilot him to coordinates of his choosing. Commander Elias Vaughn
Beth - ;)
I had to give the book only three stars; there were parts that deserved more but then again there was one element that did not deserve any. The main story involved Taran'atar, the resident Jem'Hadar on DS9, who inexplicably decided to betray his masters and nearly killed Kira and Ro before taking a hostage and ship to an unknown planet, with the Defiant in close pursuit. This story was very interesting; it was the offshoots of it that were weird. I felt that Kira's 'dream' while comatose could h ...more
Daniel
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as the Deep Space Nine relaunch novels go, this is probably my least favorite. That is not to say it isn't good, far from it, "Warpath" just isn't as good as the others. It's a classic mystery novel that ends on a sort of cliffhanger. The mystery involves Taran'atar and his actions involving Kira and Ro. As the novel goes on, pieces fall into place, but not completely, and certainly not before the end. One of the more fascinating bits of the book is the "Cardassian Woman." Anyone who know ...more
Ross Vincent
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-read
Once more, into the world of the Post Finale Deep Space Nine I ventured.
And this time, it was David Mack as the guide.
Needless to say, I was afraid. (The guy is not exactly sunshine and rainbows, but more edged weapons and a twisted sense of violence that would make harden SEALS go “damn….”).

Following up just moments after the end of ST:Worlds of Deep Space Nine – Olympus Descending, the race is on to capture the renegade resident Jem’Hardar, while Kira and Ro hang on the brink of death.

Soun
Luke
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The DS9 relaunch continues on in Warpath, which picks up where the Worlds of DS9 anthologies left off. (If you haven't read them, stop reading now)

The story mainly follows Taran'atar after his brutal attack on Kira and Ro, and his flight fromt he station. Not a lot happens in this book, but I must say I still enjoyed it. As always since the DS9 tv show, I was fascinated by the facets of Jem'Hadar culture.

Though not a lot happens, a lot is set up here for future books. I'm really interested to s
Jimyanni
Mar 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Excellent story, well written, powerfully moving, with plenty of action, plenty of intrigue, excellent characterizations, good pacing & plot movement. I would have preferred a story that had a more satisfying ending, but at least the immediate plotline was wrapped up as the major back-plot was continued on into the next book. Granted, the chapters that involved Kira's experiences/dreams were kind of jarringly discontinuous with the rest of the story, but I'm sure that we'll see them integrat ...more
Angela
The tame Jemhadar on the station goes insane and attacks Kira. He then escapes with a purpose. This is an intriguing story, a tad confusing at times. A wormhole experience is well done, and the alternative universe involvement promises the start of a decent story. NB It does end on a cliffhanger. There are some lovely character moments with Quark and a few others. It would have made a decent tv episode. A good read.
Matt Piechocinski
The other issue I have with Trek novels, besides bloated continuities, is the fact that you'll basically have a series of books, which are written by differing authors. If you're gonna do that, I wish the same author would write all the books in the series ... I don't want to read the books before, or after, if they're not written by the guy that I wanted to read in the first place.
Derek Oberg
This one made me a little sad. I didn't want to see Taran'atar go bad. Great fake out at the end, though. I didn't see that coming. The big reveal of the mysterious Cardassian woman's identity pleased me. They sure do know how to set up the next book in this series...
Andrew Price
A good deal of action, but mostly just a set up for the next book. About half of the book is unnecessary. I wish they would focus on the plot and character development, not on selling as many volumes as they can.
Jeremy
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a terrific book with lots of action and suspense and really leads to an interesting story that was briefly explored in the show but more fleshed out here and will continue over the next couple of books.
Fayd Eaton
A good book in general terms. The Adventures of DS9 continue but in this book there are too meny paths to follows. A new scenario is opening for Kira. I will read the following book to understand how they want to move the story ahead.
Nicole
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story.
I liked the bits with the Nausicaan best, I think.

Felt like the book was working towards the books coming after it too much. The ending leaves me wanting more.

Glad I've got the next books in the series waiting on my bookshelf!
Michael
A cool story which could have been a bit longer
Josh
goddamn mirror universe, go away.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Just....wow.
Bradley
Kind of interesting. This Star Trek novel wasn't too bad. Well-plotted compared to some of the other DS9 novels. =)
Wai-Kiat Tang
Feb 16, 2016
Denise
May 13, 2008
Rahim Balla
Mar 17, 2012
  • Trill and Bajor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Vol. 2)
  • Unity (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • The Dominion and Ferenginar (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
  • Lesser Evil (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 4)
  • Fearful Symmetry (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #66)
  • Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3)
  • This Gray Spirit (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 2)
  • Cardassia and Andor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #1)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • Demons of Air and Darkness
  • The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • The War of the Prophets
  • The Lives of Dax
David Mack is the New York Times bestselling author of more than thirty novels of science-fiction, fantasy, and adventure, including the Star Trek Destiny and Cold Equations trilogies.

Beyond novels, Mack's writing credits span several media, including television (for produced episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), film, and comic books.

Follow him on Twitter @davidalanmack or join his fans on Fac

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Emissary
  • The Siege (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #2)
  • Bloodletter (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
  • The Big Game (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #4)
  • Fallen Heroes (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #5)
  • Betrayal (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #6)
  • Warchild
  • Antimatter (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #8)
  • Proud Helios (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #9)
  • Valhalla (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #10)