Start by marking “Get to Me (Men of Honor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Get to Me (Men of Honor, #2)

Get to Me

(Men of Honor #2)

Book Two of the Men of Honor Series
Aimee can identify a killer.

Dane can keep her safe.

But is he willing to face his past to do it?

When Aimee Jansenn stumbles upon a drug deal gone bad she comes face to face with a killer. As the only witness to a crime, she falls into a deadly situation and is in need of police protection.

Dane Scott has sworn off women. Until a fireball na
Paperback
Published April 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Get to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get to Me

Start your review of Get to Me (Men of Honor, #2)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay, first a confession. I read "Remember Me", the first book in this series, and I loved it and I saw that this second book was out and I wanted to read it really badly. I also wanted to be able to officially review it because, well, I love finding a new author whose books I love and I love sharing that. So, I emailed the author and asked (or maybe begged- I'm not sure which) if I could review this book for her. She said YES! :)

I first met Dane in "Remember Me". I just knew I wanted his story
Lois
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Primarily a female audience who loves crime and romance.
Want a fast, fun and engaging read…this is it!! Romance and crime blend to give the reader page-turning curiosity. Aimee and Dane live in the tension of being attracted to each other and, at the same time, unsure if each one should risk being hurt. Then there's the killer who got a good look at Aimee when she witnessed him with his latest victim.

i also love books with a sense of place. "Get to Me" goes from San Diego to Lake Tahoe, both great atmospheric locations to be immersed in.

This is book
Karla Rose
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Continuing on from her first book Lara once again offers a read that leaves you swooning. Aimee is a spitfire, Dane is a hunk. They are both not only complex characters, but characters who are easy to relate to. Lara sets the scene with beautiful clarity, and sends you careening into Dane and Aimee's world. You are drawn into their lives, loving the people they love and fearing the people they fear. Dane has a past that has left him wounded, Aimee has a violent criminal on her tail. Can Dane kee ...more
Dora Hiers
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sassy with a dash of faith and a heaping of sizzle, Lara Van Hulzen’s Get to Me will enchant romance readers of all ages and across all genres. Her debut novel, Remember Me, followed by this goodie soared her name to the top of my “must read” list!
ysar
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FicCentral.com

This review was originally posted on Fic Central in April 2015:

After sharing a dance at Tess and Ben’s wedding, Dane can’t seem to get his mind off Aimee. Then again, she keeps popping up every time he turns around. But despite his attraction to her, he can’t focus on romance right now… or so he keeps telling himself. But when Aimee unwitting witnesses a murder, Dane will do everything he can to keep her safe, even at the expense of falling in love.

Judging Covers: I can’t really put my finger on
Jodi Janz
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Two in the Men of Honor Series, titled Get To Me was so much fun. Lara Van Hulzen's characters were so much fun to follow around and it was hard to close the book. It all revved up quickly in a fiery fun first chapter. If you can make to the end of page 18 you are hooked.

Get To Me brings out the stories behind Dane and Aimee. Dane is the cop partner to Ben from story one. Aimee is the sister to Tess from story one as well. However, that's all the connection necessary to book one. From there
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
What do you do when you know the person sitting in front of you is meant to be part of your future? What do you say? How will you be able to convince her that there is simply more there than simple attraction? For police detective, Dane Scott, he truly has his work cut out for him, that is if he can keep his mind on work and not Aimee Jansenn.

Since meeting her at her brother Ben's wedding, he hasn't been able to think of anything else except how to put some distance between them. Dane isn't rea
Bekah Malik
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Artist and photographer Aimee Jansenn and detective Dane Scott first meet when Aimee's sister marries Dane's best friend. They are immediately attracted to one another, but past mistakes keep them at arm's length. When a night on the town with her roommate turns into a nightmare and Aimee is the sole witness to a drug-related murder, Dane knows he'll do whatever it takes to keep her safe. But making sure his heart stays guarded against the fiery redhead is a whole other
Amanda Geaney
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Summer is upon us and author Lara Van Hulzen has written the perfect beach or poolside read with her latest novel - Get To Me. The 2nd book in her Men of Honor series spotlights a kindling romance between Aimee Jensenn and Detective Dane Scott. Christian fiction fans will not want to miss this fast-paced blend of romance and suspense.

For Aimee and Dane, a dance they shared at Tess and Ben's wedding has set their senses on high alert. The intensity of their attraction to one another leaves them f
Trinity Rose
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Get to Me by Lara Van Hulzen is an excellent book.
Aimee sees someone being murdered and she can identify him. So the murderer is after her. Aimee’s best friend is a police offercier and so is the best man at her sister’s wedding. Dane is also very handsome and ready to be of help. It ends up with Dane taking Aimee to his parents ranch where he knows she will be safe.
In books like this you usually hear more about escaping the killer and how they are trying to get him, but in Get to Me the stor
Julie
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Get to Me by Lara Van Hulzen is the fabulous second installment in the Men of Honor Series.

Dane Scott is a cowboy at heart, but works as a detective in San Diego. Despite his southern gentlemanly manners, rugged good looks, and amazing Texan drawl, he's carrying deep wounds from the past. He'll admit he's broken - so much so that he's built a wall around his heart and hasn't allowed any woman to even begin to chip away at it.

Aimee Jansenn is a photographer and a sketch artist. While she is a bi
Mary-ann
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read the "Men of Honor" series, I highly suggest you do. This is book 2 of the series, and we are introduced to Aimee and Dane. Dane Scott has sworn off women and relationships until he is best man at Aimee's sister's wedding. There is a definite connection between Aimee and Dane. All through the plot there is the push and pull of Dane's interest, and the mystery of why he has sworn of relationships. Will he let Aimee into his life?

I also liked that I saw a parallel to the prodiga
Cynthia A
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won-books-read
Dane Scott, a detective, and Aimee Jansenn, an artist meet at the wedding of Dane's best friend and Aimee's sister. They are drawn to each other, but try to do everything in their power to ignore the attraction becoming just friends. Dane has baggage he needs to get over. Aimee is insecure, but a sparky redhead who loves life.
Aimee witnesses a murder and now Dane will do everything he can to protect her.
A good clean Christian book with characters that make you want to hug them and join in their
Karen
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really love a fast paced, intense book, and this one did not disappoint. These characters started strong and I enjoyed getting to know them. This story had so many ups and downs that I had a hard time putting it down. The suspense was great and the romance was hot.

There were a few words in this book that I am not fond of. But the message of letting God help with your forgiveness was loud and strong. A great read!

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.*
Holly
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read although I didn't like it quite as well as the first book. I'm not a fan of the 'I got hurt once so now I'm going to steel my heart and never love again'. I liked Dane, Aimee, Keith, Torie and the rest. This was just a bit more implausible than the first book. Don't get me wrong, it was still a sweet, clean, enjoyable romance and I look forward to more by this author. ...more
Carrie Chwierut
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really liked this story, even better than the first book in the series! The characters are real and easy to relate to. I also like how characters from a previous book get their own storyline in the next book. Looking forward to the next book in the Men of Honor series.
Rebecca Reilly
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Get To Me is a lovely romantic suspense! The characters are fun, and their backstories are interesting. Even though you know the bad guy, there is enough intrigue to keep you reading into the night. I'm looking forward to another installment in the Men of Honor Series! ...more
Sue Allen
Apr 25, 2015
Mikal Steinbacher
May 04, 2020
Lara Van Hulzen
Mar 11, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kandis
Joy Yerkie
Dianne
Alexis
Apr 13, 2015

• That Thing You Do (Crystal Lake, #2)
  • A Fire Sparkling
  • A Deadly Distance (Jack Noble #2)
  • The Empty Nesters
  • The Magnolia Inn
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
  • The Lilac Bouquet
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
  • The Perfect Dress
  • Trouble in Paradise
  • The Sometimes Sisters
  • Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Once In A Lifetime (Sapphire Bay #2)
  • Redeeming the Texas Rancher (Forever Texan, #3)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Sapphire Bay #5)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Before Today (Sapphire Bay Book 4)
  • Sweet Surrender (Sapphire Bay #6)
I write books. I read everything. I love sports, tea, books, and cookies. My faves are my dogs, my husband, & my 3 kids. (Not always in that order. :)
I'm an author with Tule Publishing.
I am all about people and I love character driven stories. I love history and am a curious person who consistently wants to learn.
I can't remember a time in my life where I wasn't writing or reading. I had journal

Men of Honor (3 books)
  • Remember Me (Men of Honor #1)
  • Rescue Me (Men of Honor, #3)

News & Interviews