Start by marking “He's Just Knot That Into You” as Want to Read:
He's Just Knot That Into You

He's Just Knot That Into You

When Tanner moves to Chicago for a new job, he experiences his First Shift, a revelation that signifies he’s met his mate since the last full moon. The only problem? He doesn't know who it is. To find his mate, he enlists his new assistant Jon to arrange a series of dates, but each one turns out more disastrous than the last.

With the next full moon quickly approaching, Ta
Published March 18th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about He's Just Knot That Into You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He's Just Knot That Into You

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
FLUFFTASTIC FUN!

~3.5 stars~

You know how some books just sucks you in? This is one of those books.

It's fresh, cute, and readable, and I was pretty much hooked from page 1.

This is not a serious shifter book. Nico Jaye builds some alternate shifter mythology into the story, but the world building is fairly minimal.

Essentially, it's our contemporary world, but humans and werewolves live side by side in peace, although the weres certainly don't advertise their culture or traditions.

Tanner is a 30
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Not my favorite Nico Jaye story, but a predictably cute one.

The world building... meh. We know that people learn about shifters in school but the extent of which is not clear. There is a lot of ambiguity there, and I felt like that could have been tightened up a great deal.

We know from the blurb that Tanner (our alpha shifter) ends up with his assistant, Jon. For some reason (I'm not sure what), Tanner can sense that his mate is near but not when he is right in front of him? It was amusing, bu
☆ Todd
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
For some completely bizarre reason, this light, enjoyable novella reminded me a bit of a Cinderfella re-write of a chick flick about searching the kingdom (or in this case, your new workplace) for your soul mate (or again in this case, your were-Alpha Mate). Yes, I know I'm weird and you wouldn't be the first to think that, but I digress.

In this tale, the handsome prince is played by Tanner, a successful 30 year old publisher and temporary transplant from LA to Chicago. And, oh yeah, he's also i
Catherine
A year ago, I didn't know shifter novels existed. Then, when I discovered them, I swore that I'd never read them. In fact, I gave anyone who did read them some serious crazy eyes (who wants to read about animals getting it on?!). But eventually, my GR friends wore me down with book recommendations and promises that I would love them. I caved and agreed to read one book. Just one. Of course *cough* one book became dozens (you know how it goes) and the rest, as they say, is history...

So when I he
Jenni Lea

I loved this! Of course I loved this! I had a hand in the making of this story. When Nico told me she was writing a shifter story and asked what I would like to see in it I told her KNOTTING! and MPREG! Well, I got both (more the knotting than mpreg, but I'm ok with that) and more! I loved all the cluelessness and the endless dates Tanner went on to try and find out who his mate was. And his first shift! I will never look at mashed potatoes the same way again. o_O.

Jon was perfect. Tanner was per
Sandra
This was a fun, flufftastic M/M shifter romance!

I really liked the mythology the author created/invented for this novella, including Alpha wolves and Alpha Mates, and humans aware of Lycans, witches and warlocks and magic, and KNOTTING! Knotting, people!!

Tanner is at 30 years old still waiting for that elusive Alpha Mate. Meeting him or her will set off his First Shift, and he's been waiting a long time. Shortly after starting a new job at a company in Chicago, Tanner finally finds his mate, e
Trisha Harrington
He’s Just Knot That Into You is such a fun read! This is a really nice shifter series with bonded mates (love those!) and some different shifter mythology.

Tanner and Jon were really sweet together. I loved how obvious is was who Tanner was looking for yet he didn’t. I also like that he felt something toward Jon before he finally realized what we knew all along. It made me root for them even more.

I love how Tanner was willing to go slowly for Jon. He wanted him, but he was willing to restrain him
Karen
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Sweetest shifters, EVER!!!!

This is my second, oops make that third read by this author. I know, I know I'm behind in my reading. Ok now that we have that out of the way in the interest of full disclosure Nico and I have been friends on GR and here BL for a while. In case you missed that in my review of 'Different Strokes' one of Nico's earlier books. So if you think that my review is based on friendship and not what I honestly thought of this book, please feel free to move on at this point. My
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Very, very cute. Great new world and my perfect amount of angst. Very enjoyable, especially the mashed potatoes.
* A Reader Obsessed *
Perhaps a bit simplistic, this had a different take on werewolf lore and destined mates, with the added bonus of KNOTTING.

Tanner is clueless regarding who his true mate is, but once he gets his head out of his ass, he turns into an awesome, protective, sexy alpha.

Jon is perfectly perfect and his sweet, shy nature endearingly matches Tanner wonderfully.

Not exactly what I expected but still an easy, sexy read.
Ann
Adorably smufftastic! I have a serious soft spot for Jon ;).
Susan
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
BR with partner in crime Elsbeth

Well, this was… a bit different..

He punctured the pillow with his claw. He stalked to the kitchen to take the container of mashed potatoes from the hot pot and filled the hole he’d created with the soft, warm paste. With a groan, he fell on his stomach onto the sofa, slotting his cock into the crevice of warmth he’d created.

I was wondering why this book has such a low average rating and now I know, it wasn’t that good. It wasn’t bad either, just strange
Lori
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: um-authored, 2015
Sigh, sigh, sigh. Review soon. X

When I heard my favourite smuff author was writing werewolves and knotting I was super excited. I was expecting super hot fluffy-smuffy goodness and I was not at all disappointed. To say I spent a happy afternooon reading this would be an understatement.

Nico has such a knack of writing sweet without stepping so much as a little toe on cavity territory, this combined with her smokin' nookie scenes and werewolves was such a fantastic mixture. He's Just Knot That Int
Didi
DNF at 55%

Apparently this is a story with M-preg possibility. I didn't see that coming! (I should've realized that with the "knot" in the title... Or not.)

The theme being an alpha wolf in heat looking for his mate (here, an alpha wouldn't take on the full wolf body until they found their true mate) I wouldn't be surprised when there was smutty smex aplenty. But not what I found here. Nuh-uh.
THIS... was so surprising, with some "eeew" while reading. And I thought I'd get passed any eewy-scenes.
V
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very nice and cute,however, it would be nice to know more about the background story.
For example, children were taught at the school about shifters and it was normal to have them as part of the population, but, we never found out more about it.
Apart from that issue, it was lovely.
M'rella
Fairly cute, but mushy and almost angst free, except for the last 20% or so, where some random-demon-slash-evil-ex-boyfriend decided to pop in for photostorybomb.
Serena Yates
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
A werewolf who doesn’t shift until he meets his mate? And when he’s met him or her, doesn’t know who it is when back in human form? A werewolf who is as clueless as the rest of us until he is mated and gets his wolf senses even in human form? That is bound to lead to some errors, misunderstandings, and general confusion—and that’s exactly what this story is all about. Both main characters are clueless, and I have to blame most of their antics for the first half of the book on some sort of hormon ...more
Elizabetta

Cute, sweet, floofy. Tanner was so clueless though. (view spoiler) Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses?

(view spoiler)
BWT (Belen)
Mar 19, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, mm-fiction, mpreg
This story just did not work for me.

I went into thinking it was going to be a fluffy love story with some sexy knotting. Though it does include those elements, it ultimately did nothing for me.
Sandra
2.5 stars Eh. My first issue with this story was probably the world building, or lack thereof. We're told that werewolves have been 'out' since they fought in the Civil War, and that humans learn some basics about werewolves in school... and that's about it. Otherwise, the world seems completely unaffected by it. Despite the fact that it seems the mating bond supersedes privacy laws.

I'm okay with this in general, but the problem is that I couldn't get a feel for this universe. It seemed, initia
Love Bytes Reviews
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Vicki

What a cute story! The title caught my attention, then the sweet werewolves on the cover sealed it for me!

This story has a very different and creative take on the standard werewolf mythology. Wolves don’t shift until they have been exposed to their mate. There are also two types of shifts, sort of a partial shift into a human/wolf hybrid, and a shift into a full wolf form. There seem to be lots of alpha wolves, I couldn’t quite get that part, they don’t seem to be pack alph
Lisa J.
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute MCs (though I would have loved Jon's POV), and I liked the world the author was building. It's one where humans are aware of shifters' existence, and shifters don't fully shift until they meet their mates. It's the shifter equivalent of the ticking biological clock.

Tanner is 30, and he's beyond ready to meet his mate. He moves to Chicago for a new job and is overjoyed to sense the presence of his mate. No spoiler to say it's his assistant Jon (it's in the blurb which is a little misleading
AnnaLund
For my honest and true view of this book, please read …MORE

Goodreads TOS-compliant review (I think, let me know when they tell us what the rules are):

"The book I just read is about two (or three) lovely people, written in beautiful language, by a very good and prolific author. I liked it very, very much.
It is for sale on Amazon.”

DISCLAIMER: My reviews now all have this pretty face, so that all and everyone on Goodreads can stay happy and beatific. I’ll let you know if I change my mind. See the
Morgan  Skye
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tanner moves to Chicago and immediately feels the pull of his mate. However, things aren’t like they are with other shifter-lore. He doesn’t have any extra-sensory abilities to perceive his mate other than a vague sense of “rightness” when they meet. So he does a little experimenting, knowing that only skin on skin contact with his mate had to have occurred on the day before his first shift, so he arranges to carefully meet with each male that he had contact with that first day.

Jon is Tanner’s a
Teresa
****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance®****

I want to say that I really enjoyed He’s Just Knot That Into You for the most part. It was fun, cute, humorous and entertaining. Tanner was so earnest and eager to finally find his mate and Jon was adorable. I loved that Tanner had no angst as to whether his mate would be male or female. It seemed as though it didn’t matter at all in this world. The romance was sweet and the story flowed along easily.

Until the conflict at the end… It came out of left fie
Jaime
4 Unique Stars! Mashed Potatoes will Never be the same!!

This is a unique play on the shifter world, Nico Jaye has taken all that we know about Shifters and mixed it up a little, making for a fun book! Tanner, he has just moved to Chicago for a new job when it happens -- his long awaited, like 30 years long -- first shift! What does this mean for a wolf-shifter in Nico Jaye's world? Well it means his mate is someone he has recently met - now all he has to do is figure out who it is by the next
Jeanne 'Divinae'
I had chosen this book as one of my prizes during MM Celebration Week. I just forgot to review it.

Tanner lives in a world where you don't experience your first shift until you met you mate. If you don't figure out who it is and do the full mating ritual in time, you will never be able to do a full shift.

Tanner moved to the city to a new job and experiences his first shift. Now, he is on the countdown to the next full moon to meet them again and (hopefully) they will want to accept being his mate
Vallie
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, shifters

This was okay. The writing was decent but there was a little too much telling for my taste. I usually enjoy destiny-themed plots a lot more, but Tanner was a little too slow on the uptake and the MCs getting together felt sort of anticlimactic to me. Not to mention that there were a lot of paranormal things introduced in the last 10-15% or so, with dramatic rescue scenes and what not. It's not the first book by this author that I didn't particularly enjoy so I'm thinking Nico Jaye isn't
Jewel
Well, that was a bit of a different take on shifter tales. It had a bit of a slow start for me, and Tanner really was an idiot for a while, but it picked up and I enjoyed it, overall. And I will never look at mashed potatoes the same way again.
Andrea
Mar 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I knew this was a fluff book going into it, but I was still surprised at how fluffy it was. It was absolutely a decent book. I did enjoy it when I read it. But.... it was forgettable and I was able to skim over the last 10%.
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: He's Just Knot That Into You by Nico Jaye 1 16 Mar 18, 2015 09:20AM

• All of Me
  • Devotion (Forbes Mates, #1)
  • Magic & Mistletoe
  • Third Eye
  • A Beginner's Guide to Wooing Your Mate (Beings in Love #3)
  • Claiming His Mate (Rogue Alpha #1)
  • Winter Wolf (Axton & Leander, #1)
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines, # 2)
  • A Tooth For a Fang (Leader Murders #1)
  • Mating Balance
  • Whiskers of a Chance (Chain of Fate, #1)
  • Betrothed: A Faery Tale
  • Nuts About You (Nutty Romances #1)
  • Strength of the Wolf (The Tameness of the Wolf, #2)
  • How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3)
  • Protector of the Alpha (Shifting Needs, #1)
  • Old Loyalty, New Love (L'Ange #1)
  • Just Act Normal (Supernormal, #1)
Nico Jaye is a fan of all things HEA and has dragged her romance collection along for her moves from San Francisco to Los Angeles to Chicago to New York and back. She thinks reading is awesome and loves that she can hang out night after night with crinoline-wearing debutantes, brawny firemen in suspenders, and werewolf shifters with Scottish brogues. An overall feline enthusiast, Nico secretly (or ...more