Start by marking “The Introvert Entrepreneur” as Want to Read:
The Introvert Entrepreneur

Read Book* *Different edition

The Introvert Entrepreneur

Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos are often grouped together as some of the greatest entrepreneurs of our time, but they also have something else in common – they are all introverts. In The Introvert Entrepreneur professional coach Beth Buelow shows us how introverts can utilise their natural gifts (such as listening) and overcome their weaknesses ...more
Published November 12th 2015 by Virgin Books (first published November 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Introvert Entrepreneur, please sign up.
Beth Hi Dan, I'm sorry, I just saw this! So far, there is no Spanish edition of The Introvert Entrepreneur. Wish there was! Sometimes non-English…moreHi Dan, I'm sorry, I just saw this! So far, there is no Spanish edition of The Introvert Entrepreneur. Wish there was! Sometimes non-English translations happen years after the initial publication, so there's still a chance that someday it would be available. Keep an eye out. Thanks for asking!(less)

Start your review of The Introvert Entrepreneur
Andrea
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a card-carrying extrovert you might think I wouldn't enjoy this book so much...and you'd be wrong. Yes, it is a book with specific advice for introverts, but more importantly, it's a book written for people who interact with others and need to know how they function best, and how they affect others. Learning how I gain and drain energy, and how others gain and drain energy, has been a light bulb realization for me, and I've found myself far more effective as an entrepreneur, a collaborator, ...more
Kawtar Morchid
There are barely any interesting informations in it.I kept zoning out constantly and that says a lot.
Marion Hill
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Introvert Entrepreneur seems like an oxymoronic term. Can an introvert really be an entrepreneur? Well, Beth Buelow makes an excellent case for it in her book titled with the same term. I heard about Beth Buelow from one of my favorite podcasts, The Creative Penn, when she was interviewed by Author-Entrepreneur Joanna Penn. That interview intrigued me about this concept. So, I decided to read her book and listened to Beth’s own podcast to learn more.

Buelow goes into details on how introverts can
Jasmeet Salech
The aspect I liked about the book is the way the author has put the definition of an introvert to support the notion of Introvert Entrepreneur. At certain places, I felt that the obvious things were explained too much but I appreciate the effort that no point was taken lightly.
Miss Kristine
This and other reviews can be found at : misskristinesreviews.com

Thoughts:

This is exactly what I was looking for!

I currently am in a kick of learning my work style, personality type, etc., and came across this book.

The title alone can be a definition of my life. I’m an introvert. And I’m an entrepreneur.

Some people think that introverts are super scared of talking to people and have trouble expressing themselves, but that cannot be further from the truth. In fact, introverts love people – we may
Greg Bronson
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Introvert Entrepreneur: Amplify Your Strengths and Create Success on Your Own Terms by Beth Buelow is not only a hands-on and useful model to benefit introverts to use their natural strengths to be successful in business – it is well written book that is a joy to read. I can relate to the way she demonstrates how introverts can use their gifts – such as natural inquisitiveness, individuality and the thirst for investigation, exploration and examination because I also am an introvert. She
Faris khalifeh
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Introvert Entrepreneur is a must read for both introverts and extroverts - Introverts to learn more about themselves and celebrates their strengths and extroverts to learn about their introvert friends, colleagues, partners and family members so they can have a better relationship, understanding and communication.

Beth approach is so real and authentic - she expresses her challenges and vulnerability while sharing valuable insights and empowering messages.

I found chapter three on “finding
Karen
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the audiobook. It was good, full of lots of gentle pushes to get your mind whirring and your feet flopping. I like the concept of "expanding your capacity zone" to replace "get out of your comfort zone" because it implies not from bad to good, but from good to better.

Favourite quotes:

Old English proverb: "Fear knocked on the door. Love answered, then no-one was there."

"Nothing says you have to be present every minute of every event."

"The great companies used technology as an accelerator,
Michael Sandler
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently interviewed Beth Buelow for our show Inspire Nation --and so I got to read an advanced copy of her book---. I'm an outgoing introvert entrepreneur myself. Beth's book does an amazing job at letting me know a bit more about why I am the way I am...and most importantly, how to THRIVE with who I am.

I think this is an amazing handbook for anyone who's on the quieter side and wants to put themselves out there.

I love being with people, it's just that I recharge with an inner journey.
Saifuddin Salim
Sorry, I'm so late reviewing this book because I have been busy after a long vacation and mountaineering trip. For your information, I brought this book to my mountaineering trip. This book does hit the introvert in me but yet it at times is boring but good in a way. It like someone is beside me, telling me what I'm even though I know what I'm. It is good kinda a good reminder but I wish Beth Buelow could be more straightforward harsh and dig deeper into construct that she have establish. Of ...more
Mark Speed
The author is an extremely well-qualified and experienced coach, and has walked the journey of being an introverted entrepreneur.

I think this is a very practical self-development book if you're new to the fact that you're an introvert. I bought it in the hope that it would help me push outwards in the marketing of my writing. I think the book was somewhat overpriced, and that i could have got the information and advice more succinctly and for free elsewhere - such as the author's website. It was
Lisa Lantrip
This book was ok. It is probably closer to 2.5 than 2 stars for me. I am an introvert and I am working on starting my own business, so I thought it would be very helpful for me. It wasn't bad, but I didn't feel like I really learned a lot from it. I'm pretty self aware, so maybe it would be good for someone who doesn't know much about how to operate in business as an introvert. Just listening to it the past few days has made me more motivated, so I'm not unhappy that I listened to it, but I ...more
Stephanie
Fresh insight on entrepreneurship through the eyes of an introvert. Genius. Love how much real-world wisdom and practical business advice is packed in this book, alongside Beth's (the author) own introvert experience. Really appreciate Beth sharing her own business story and living out her advice right before our eyes.

As a bonus- I discovered the word "ambivert" - which is a balance of introvert and extrovert qualities. Glad Beth included so much context, so I could finally put a label on my own
Christina Rice
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The Introvert Entrepreneur is a great book for introverts who want to understand how to channel their introvert energy in positive ways. What we learn from Beth Buelow is that introvert traits are not hindrances, they are strengths! Once you know how to manage your individual needs, you can do anything. This is a great business manual, no matter what stage of entrepreneurship you're at or which industry you're in.
Rob
Apr 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good summary of the unique strengths of introverts, and how they can use these qualities to become successful entrepreneurs. Practical tips on how they can work well and form effective teams with extroverts. A quick read and a bit repetitive, could use more practical examples, but worth considering.
Sara Hall
This is nice in theory and all but like....who's the audience for this book?? Someone who's never used the Internet? Also can we stop equating introvert with hermit TYYYY... 1.5 :(
Kelli
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of great information and actionable tips for introverted entrepreneurs. I will probably check this book out again as my business grows.
Chris Mattern
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good insights and inspiring.
Nayef Moukhtar
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Excellent book .. Simply shifts your mind .. One of the best books in 2015 .. I love it.
Tara L. Campbell
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Overall, a great book for the tentative introvert who needs encouragement to strike out on their own. The content isn't bogged down with excessive commentary or examples which makes it a fast-paced read that boosts confidence while remaining true to the ideals of authenticity and persistence.

For those who are older, or have already figured out how to work around the complication of being an introvert in an extrovert's world (especially in the realm of business), a lot of the content is what we
Fer Toasted
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever thought that you are way to shy? that you are not able to lead people? o not enough capable to hustle for your business? Nobody said that the best sellers are the loudest or those with the biggest smile. It's okay to accept that people drain a lot of energy and you are thankfull when you are alone. This book can lead you through great business tips and better understanding of you as an introvert, which is not equal to the death as a future business leader.

I enjoyed most of the
Fatihatul Insyirah
I really love this one! Speaks to me on so many levels by acknowledging the struggles of an introvert but with a burning passion for business. The key to business is communication but it is also the downfall of an introvert. So instead of mourning over it, or viewing it as inadequacy, the writer lists bite sized but practical tips on how to utilize the introvert power and turn the tables around. <3
Lori Zavada
This book started off great helping the introvert to analyze who he or she is in terms of behavior and preference for gaining energy. However, by the middle, it was a bit boring. The tips were elementary and things I feel most readers already know, especially when talking about how to use social media to market and sell and build relationships to further a business. I found the second half less interesting than the first part.
Miranda Lynn
Did not finish. I actually ended up quitting this book after just the first chapter. I might not even have gotten that far. Although the book was supposed to be geared towards introvert entrepreneurs (of which I am one), it surprisingly just didn't speak to me. I read this as part of a book club and my friends felt the same way; only a handful of us enjoyed this one.
Nicholas Ball
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read enough management or introvert books to be the best judge of them but I felt this book was based with insight and practical tips, it covered a lot more than I was consulting it for but the tips behind my current scope seemed well structured and clearly explained. A fine book, even if you're not particularly entrepreneurial.
Charity
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book reassured me that being an introvert is okay and you can be successful being an entrepreneur. This book teaches you how to tap into your strengths in any environment that normally I dread on the day to day basis on trying to grow my business. Great read and would recommend to any introvert looking for answer on how to grow their business without compromising on who they are.
Liz Williams
This was okay, but I didn’t feel there was anything special about it. For a more creative take on a similar topic, I prefer Return to Enchantment by Kris Oster, especially if your business falls into the general category of spirituality, holistic living or alternative politics.
Kostas
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent guide for introvert entrepreneurs (or would be entrepreneurs), offering reassurance that success can be achieved by being yourself, rather than by trying to adapt to extravert behavioural and thinking patterns.
David Gamble
I wish I read this at the beginning of my career! I've already recommended it to a bunch of people. Good tips, good practical pointers and ideas. Helpful in understanding different ways of relating and being able to co-exist and even support other people who are different.
Matt
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I tried to read tangentially when exploring leadership ideas...this book gave me some specific strategies as an introvert that I can apply to the principalship as well as to my writing practice. If you've read Quiet by Susan Cain and want to explore this concept more, check it out.

• Quiet Influence: The Introvert's Guide to Making a Difference
  • Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength
  • Letters to My Grandchild: Write Now. Read Later. Treasure Forever. (New Grandma Gifts, New Grandparent Gifts, Grandparent Memory Book)
  • No Shortcuts to the Top: Climbing the World's 14 Highest Peaks
  • The Reluctant Entrepreneur
  • Five Stars: The Communication Secrets to Get from Good to Great
  • The Gut Balance Revolution: Boost Your Metabolism, Restore Your Inner Ecology, and Lose the Weight for Good!
  • Buried in the Sky: The Extraordinary Story of the Sherpa Climbers on K2's Deadliest Day
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • She is the Darkness (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #7)
  • The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now!
  • Etsy-Preneurship: Everything You Need to Know to Turn Your Handmade Hobby Into a Thriving Business
  • The Man Who Solved the Market: How Jim Simons Launched the Quant Revolution
  • The ADHD Effect on Marriage: Understand and Rebuild Your Relationship in Six Steps
  • The New and Improved Romie Futch
  • Bleak Seasons (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #6)
  • The Permanent Portfolio: Harry Browne's Long-Term Investment Strategy
  • Setting Up a Tropical Aquarium Week by Week
Beth Buelow, PCC, serves as a guide to introvert entrepreneurs who want to amplify their strengths and build sustainable, energetically aligned businesses. She is a professional coach, author, and speaker, is based in the Pacific Northwest and serves introverts worldwide. Her podcast, “The Introvert Entrepreneur,” was recently named as one of the top 25 business podcasts for entrepreneurs by ...more
“Faking is a waste of energy, and our energy is one of our most valuable assets. Spend it wisely.” 0 likes
“Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.” 0 likes