Start by marking “Darkness Embraced” as Want to Read:
Darkness Embraced

Darkness Embraced

Sold into slavery as a child, Ivy Black has known little but pain in her life. Offered as a sacrifice to the terrifying race known as the Ajax, she’s found by the fiercest one of them all. Betrayed and cast out by his tribe, Dredd is a lonely warrior longing for redemption. Now he’s found the answer to his prayers: his fated mate. If only she understood that.

Though Ivy is
Paperback
Published February 25th 2015 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Darkness Embraced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness Embraced

Dawn
++Spoilers++ Revised 8-17-16

OK I feel a bit bad about being so harsh in my below review. I am not changing it, but I feel a need to explain why this book got me into an emotional rant.

I was anticipating this to be an awesome read. Hell it had all the things I love.. Tortured/scarred/alpha virgin hero, a virgin heroine, a dark setting in a fantasy world, and it is tagged as erotica.

The problem is that after a few chapters it became clear that the author just couldn't fulfill my expectations. In
Nicole
I really liked this book. It has a beauty and the beast theme which I love. Hero is definitely possessive and believes that the heroine in his. Even though he believes this, he never forces her. I will definitely read more from this author.
Marinda
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ivy Black is a kitchen slave for the ShadowBorn nobles. Dredd is a scarred and shunned warrior of the feared Ajax tribe. The Ajax area tribe of huge people with fangs who are very fierce. When the ShadowBorn decide to sacrifice a maiden it's Ivy's name drawn from the basket. So she finds herself tied to a tree in the Dark Woods waiting for what she has no idea. Dredd is hunting in the Dark Woods and smells her and realizes she's a Vessel, someone who might be able to get him back into the good g ...more
Country Goose
Good

I couldn't put it down.

The entire novel felt like a combination of the Dark Ages and the Roman time of the Gladiators. The Axaj are essentially the boogeyman race, when the red moon brings out their inner beasts, but some things weren't really discussed as they were just thrown out there with expectations to just take it and get over it.

I liked this book, but it's not one many would like. I am fairly relaxed when it comes to the paranormal genre. In this particular case, I could look past t
Zoey Jordan
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It's set in a fantastical world, with a damsel in distress and her rescuer "beast". (I couldn't help but think of the Game of Thrones Dothraki King that may be a bit rough around the edges, but is a fierce protector of the woman he loves...and yummy!) The damsel is not really a damsel either. She is very strong-willed and opinionated. She has a very sarcastic inner dialogue that I loved. Overall, it is a great story & very well written. Can't wait to read more from ...more
Christina OW
This book as a romance story with slight paranormal attributes- fangs and the destined mate. At the begining of the book had hinted that there be more to the book, some acclamation for Dredd but she took another direction that made this romance story short and sweet. This book only had one element, romance and though I wished there was also something else, another element more of the story, it was a great read and I highly enjoyed it.

Chels
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this book. I wish I could give it more stars but I just can't.

I think my chief complaint is that it was too short. I finished reading it within one sitting. I really enjoyed the plot but it felt like it got rushed, and because of that the main characters didn't have as much character development as I would like.

Aside from that, it was a fun read.
Heather
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!

The characters and their environments are described in such a way that you can see it vividly in your head. The main characters are so likeable. And let's not forget the sex...great stuff! Can't wait for another Trish Arcangelo novel!
Paula
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I wish it had been a little longer but that was only because I would have liked to spend more time with the characters. The story moves quickly and is well written. I look forward to reading more books from this author.
Rachel
Mar 09, 2018
Anita
Mar 09, 2017
  • The Auction (Run, #2)
  • The Species Within (Battles in the Dark, #1)
  • Robert (The Valentines, #1)
  • Candra's Freedom (The Golden Key Chronicles #2)
  • Savage Forest (Savage Romance, #1)
  • A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness #1)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • The Heiress (Bride Quest, #3)
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • False Start (McKay-Tucker Men, #1)
  • The Loving Trap
  • Desperate Match (Coded for Love, #5)
  • The Supreme Moment: Kairos (Fractured Multiverse, #1)
  • The Dark God's Bride (The Dark God's Bride, #1)
  • Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1)
  • Lumber and Lace
  • Portrait of a Lover (American Heiresses, #5)
  • Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3)
Trish read her first romance novel as a teenager (it was Hearts Aflame by Johanna Lindsey) and was immediately hooked. She's been an avid reader of all genres of romance ever since. It was a long time dream to try her hand at writing and one day she decided to try to make that dream a reality. Fast forward several years and she has three published books under her belt. She is currently at work on ...more