Start by marking “Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)

Beyond the Kingdoms

(The Land of Stories #4)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  20,083 ratings  ·  1,446 reviews
Fairy tales are just the beginning.

Published July 7th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Kingdoms, please sign up.
Tori I saw Chris tonight on book tour in St Louis. He said there will be 5 but most likely a 6th too. :)))
Jerusalen The Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it's up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him...except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy…moreThe Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it's up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him...except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy Council, and no one will believe they're in danger.

With only the help of the ragtag group of Goldilocks, Jack, Red Riding Hood, and Mother Goose and her gander, Lester, the Bailey twins discover the Masked Man's secret scheme: He possesses a powerful magic potion that turns every book it touches into a portal, and he is recruiting an army of literature's greatest villains!

So begins a race through the magical Land of Oz, the fantastical world of Neverland, the madness of Wonderland, and beyond. Can Alex and Conner catch up to the Masked Man, or will they be one step behind until it's too late?

Fairy tales and classic stories collide in the fourth adventure in the bestselling Land of Stories series as the twins travel beyond the kingdoms! (less)

·  20,083 ratings  ·  1,446 reviews

Bella Alcott
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG I just finished the third book and I am practically going crazy!!! I SO wish that I could go into time!!!! There is such of a cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookworm007
description

I have glimpsed my future, and I saw myself happy as can be with this book in hand.
Fafa's Book Corner
Tessa
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven't even read it but I know it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!
Elise
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait- after the end of the third I need to read this!
Update-I loved it, the different book characters added a nice touch. I didn't like it quite as much as the first few for some reason, but still a nice continuation of the series
Jillian Daniels
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Addy Lee
This was a GREAT book, but Chris Colpher needs to HURRY UP!!! There is to big of a cliff hanger to be contained any longer. Please FINISH THE BOOK SO I CAN READ IT!!! It is an amazing series, keep writing Chris.
Jess Cullity
Sep 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
I'm so excited for this book to come out!! I have read the first three and can't wait till the fourth!
It is a great series, I recommend it for 9-13 years of age!!
Aaron
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Chelsea
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
I'm not sure if this one was a bit lacking compared to the first two, or it was just me, but I found this one to be mostly filler.

There was around 100 pages of set up alone. I wasn't necessarily interested in that; I wanted to see Neverland and Oz!

I know I've said this before, but it really bothers me that every single word with even slight significance to what's happening is italicized. I just feel like that could be toned down quite a bit.

I mean, I still really like characters- especially Red!
Lila Webb
Aug 04, 2014 marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for the next book!!! I wish this series could go on forever!!!
Mimi 'Pans' Herondale
Despite this being my least favorite from the series... I STILL LOVE IT!!
Gwendlyn
Evelyn
Jul 12, 2014 marked it as to-read
I have to be careful I don't slip into an excitement coma.
Adiva
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I NEED THIS BOOK! IT HOLDS THE KEY TO MY HAPPINESS! CHRIS WRITES LIKE NO ONE ELSE!!
Thibaut Nicodème
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well. That took a surprisingly dark turn.

But…you know, this book is great. Also, I love that it's basically tying together elements from the entire series and building up. Yay for no more fetch quest! (Well, there's still one, because tradition, but it only takes a couple chapters)

There's just so much for the next book to pay off on, though. That's one huge escalation compared to the previous, mostly self-contained books. And I love it so much.

Aside from that, it bears repeating that Chris Colfe
Eve
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
I loved the first three Land of Stories. Especially Alex, who was such a fun and relatable character. However, I think that she's changed into a different character than what she was.

But, before I get into that, let me just say that this book has a much darker feel than any of the other three. It felt more like YA than suitable for 8-12 year olds. The h-word and d-word were both used.

Tension between Alex and Connor was disappointingly high in the beginning. Later on, POOF it was gone, not that
Sriya Mudumba
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chris Colfer did it again
Devon Flaherty
Sep 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Devon by: my daughter
The Land of Stories series, by Chris Colfer, published from 2012-2015 by Little Brown. The series consists of four books so far, and Colfer says the series will end with the fifth book, assumed to be published in 2016. I read the series because my daughter–and just about every other kid her age–is in to the series, and there was no way she was waiting until next year to read the first four.

The series is:

The Wishing Spell
The Enchantress Returns
A Grimm Warning
Beyond the Kingdoms
An un-announce
Corey
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Land of Stories: Beyond The Kingdoms is the fourth book in The Land of Stories series. It is about twins, Alex and Conner Bailey. In this book Alex and Conner are looking for the Masked Man, who Alex thinks is their deceased father. They are looking for him because he possesses a magical and powerful potion that turns any book it touches into a portal that leads into that certain book. The overall goal of the Masked Man is to gather an army of literature’s worst villains so that he can overt ...more
Nolan Mitchell
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought the 4th book in the Land Of Stories franchise was just to connect the dots and get ready for the main plot for the next two books. There was a lot of traveling and adventures that made the book that much better. There was also the connection to other popular fairy tales. I am also excited to have more characters along for the journey. Towards the end of the book we are left off with a bunch of cliffhangers that will hopefully be answered in the next book. Chris Colfer has made better b ...more
Tryg
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Alex struggling with finding her powers and Conner finding surprising things about himself. This book is an awesome and amazing book that will keep you reading (like it did for me) till the end. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Leona  Carstairs
Real Rating: 3.5 stars

My least favorite from the series, but it was still an enjoyable adventure!
Taylor
Nov 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
I NEED to read this one. I WILL go CRAZY if I don't.
Davidv42
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great book with a lot of adventure.
ella
Ava P.
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Conner Bailey are twins from the fairytale world. There is a man on the loose called the Masked Man because of the mask he wears to hide his face. This Masked Man is trying to create an army of evil villains from famous fairytales such as Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, and Peter Pan. The Masked Man can travel into these books because of a magic potion he stole from the late fairy godmother. It is up to Alex, Conner and some of their fairytale friends to stop this Masked Man. Ale ...more
Yash
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just finished the book!
best best book ever!
Only one downside discovered by me, it has an abrupt stop.
I mean it is still an amazing book from my point of view.
Here comes the spoiler, they're "undead" dad is actually Uncle Lloyd! Lloyd's dream is to destroy the fairy-tale world and rebuild it in his own glory.

Hope all of the people who read this will try the book and like this review!!!!

-Yash
Emily
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait I love these books they are so good
Should Alex and Arthur have stayed together? 14 54 Mar 05, 2018 01:03PM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Beyond the Kingdoms 1 12 Aug 25, 2016 04:02PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add a book cover 4 22 Mar 25, 2016 06:33PM

• Die, Snow White! Die, Damn You!: A Very Grimm Tale
  • Break Us (Nikki Kill #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle (The League of Princes, #2)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Once Upon a Toad
  • Story's End (Storybound, #2)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • Still Life (The Books of Elsewhere, #5)
  • Call the Shots (Swim the Fly, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit (Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective, #1)
  • No Promises in the Wind
  • The Dragon Lantern (The League of Seven, #2)
  • The Invisible (Brokenhearted, #2)
  • What We Found in the Sofa and How it Saved the World
  • Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel (Tyme #1)
  • Grump: The (Fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Chris Colfer is an Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor best-known for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the FOX television series "Glee".

He is also a New York Times bestselling author whose books include the first three novels in the "Land of Stories" series ("The Wishing Spell", "The Enchantress Returns" and "A Grimm Warning") as well as "Struck By Lightning: The Carson Philips Journal"

The Land of Stories (6 books)
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
“Maybe greatness isn't about being immortal, or glorious, or popular - it's about choosing to fight for the greater good of the world, even when the world's turned its back on you.” 29 likes
“It’s better to be the hero of your own story than to become the villain of someone else’s.” 21 likes