Start by marking “Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)

Beyond the Kingdoms

(The Land of Stories #4)

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  27,250 ratings  ·  1,752 reviews
Fairy tales are just the beginning.

Published July 7th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Kingdoms, please sign up.
Tori I saw Chris tonight on book tour in St Louis. He said there will be 5 but most likely a 6th too. :)))
Jerusalen The Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it's up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him...except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy C…moreThe Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it's up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him...except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy Council, and no one will believe they're in danger.

With only the help of the ragtag group of Goldilocks, Jack, Red Riding Hood, and Mother Goose and her gander, Lester, the Bailey twins discover the Masked Man's secret scheme: He possesses a powerful magic potion that turns every book it touches into a portal, and he is recruiting an army of literature's greatest villains!

So begins a race through the magical Land of Oz, the fantastical world of Neverland, the madness of Wonderland, and beyond. Can Alex and Conner catch up to the Masked Man, or will they be one step behind until it's too late?

Fairy tales and classic stories collide in the fourth adventure in the bestselling Land of Stories series as the twins travel beyond the kingdoms! (less)

·  27,250 ratings  ·  1,752 reviews

Start your review of Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
Bella Alcott
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG I just finished the third book and I am practically going crazy!!! I SO wish that I could go into time!!!! There is such of a cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookworm007
description

I have glimpsed my future, and I saw myself happy as can be with this book in hand.
Erica Henry
This series just keeps getting better and better.
Fafa's Book Corner
Tessa
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven't even read it but I know it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!
Elise
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait- after the end of the third I need to read this!
Update-I loved it, the different book characters added a nice touch. I didn't like it quite as much as the first few for some reason, but still a nice continuation of the series
jillian
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chelsea
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
I'm not sure if this one was a bit lacking compared to the first two, or it was just me, but I found this one to be mostly filler.

There was around 100 pages of set up alone. I wasn't necessarily interested in that; I wanted to see Neverland and Oz!

I know I've said this before, but it really bothers me that every single word with even slight significance to what's happening is italicized. I just feel like that could be toned down quite a bit.

I mean, I still really like characters- especially Red!
Addy Lee
This was a GREAT book, but Chris Colpher needs to HURRY UP!!! There is to big of a cliff hanger to be contained any longer. Please FINISH THE BOOK SO I CAN READ IT!!! It is an amazing series, keep writing Chris.
Jess Cullity
Sep 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
I'm so excited for this book to come out!! I have read the first three and can't wait till the fourth!
It is a great series, I recommend it for 9-13 years of age!!
Aaron
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Grüffeline
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"If there's one thing life is good at, it's surprising you!"

What the... It can't end like that!! I need more! So many reveals, so many fantastic scenes, so many awesome characters. I cannot believe it ended like this (yes, I am obsessed with this ending)! I need my precious babies to be okay, I need this home (cause this is what these books have become to me, more than Harry Potter ever was) to be save and I... OMG!
Most of all, I need to thank Chris Colfer for creating this. This i
Lila Webb
Aug 04, 2014 marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for the next book!!! I wish this series could go on forever!!!
Gwendlyn
Mimi 'Pans' Herondale
Despite this being my least favorite from the series... I STILL LOVE IT!!
Evelyn
Jul 12, 2014 marked it as to-read
I have to be careful I don't slip into an excitement coma.
Genevieve
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoy this a lot, looking forward to the next one!
Devon Flaherty
Sep 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Devon by: my daughter
The Land of Stories series, by Chris Colfer, published from 2012-2015 by Little Brown. The series consists of four books so far, and Colfer says the series will end with the fifth book, assumed to be published in 2016. I read the series because my daughter–and just about every other kid her age–is in to the series, and there was no way she was waiting until next year to read the first four.

The series is:

The Wishing Spell
The Enchantress Returns
A Grimm Warning
Beyond the Kingdoms
An un-announce
Thibaut Nicodème
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well. That took a surprisingly dark turn.

But…you know, this book is great. Also, I love that it's basically tying together elements from the entire series and building up. Yay for no more fetch quest! (Well, there's still one, because tradition, but it only takes a couple chapters)

There's just so much for the next book to pay off on, though. That's one huge escalation compared to the previous, mostly self-contained books. And I love it so much.

Aside from that, it bears repeating that Chris Colfe
Andis / Slytherin 🐍
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chris Colfer did it again
Travis
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am just so in love with this fun little romp of a series. It is one of those series where I just am filled with happiness. Chris Colfer has created this world and these characters to do just that.

Beyond the Kingdoms means exactly that. Instead of focusing primarily on the fairy tails we know and love, this time we branch out to worlds like Neverland and Oz. Which made for some fun little adventures and even seeing how these characters are different then what we know them as.

Can I also just s
Corey
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Land of Stories: Beyond The Kingdoms is the fourth book in The Land of Stories series. It is about twins, Alex and Conner Bailey. In this book Alex and Conner are looking for the Masked Man, who Alex thinks is their deceased father. They are looking for him because he possesses a magical and powerful potion that turns any book it touches into a portal that leads into that certain book. The overall goal of the Masked Man is to gather an army of literature’s worst villains so that he can overt ...more
Nolan Mitchell
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought the 4th book in the Land Of Stories franchise was just to connect the dots and get ready for the main plot for the next two books. There was a lot of traveling and adventures that made the book that much better. There was also the connection to other popular fairy tales. I am also excited to have more characters along for the journey. Towards the end of the book we are left off with a bunch of cliffhangers that will hopefully be answered in the next book. Chris Colfer has made better b ...more
Tryg
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Alex struggling with finding her powers and Conner finding surprising things about himself. This book is an awesome and amazing book that will keep you reading (like it did for me) till the end. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Taylor
Nov 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
I NEED to read this one. I WILL go CRAZY if I don't.
Sriya Mudumba
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE THE LAND OF STORIES SERIES
Davidv42
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great book with a lot of adventure.
explorerofbooks
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Land of Stories series is a set of middle grade books that know fully well how to capture adult readers, mostly by its humor. It is a wild collision of fantasy, fairytales, mystery and adventure. An excellent experience for fans of Narnia and Once Upon A Time, or young adults who understand how long stories from our early days can linger in our mind. Luckily, the fourth book did not disappoint.

With the Masked Man on the loose, it’s up to the Bailey twins to stop him. Only problem? He might
ella
Kristen
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook-reads
I've really liked this series throughout, but this installment was a big disappointment. First of all, this one tries to incorporate EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER we have seen so far in the series--sometimes dedicating whole chapters to characters who play no role in the story at all. (Like Bree and Emmerich--I'm assuming the only reason they were even in this one is either because Colfer felt bad leaving them behind or to set up the next book.) On top of that, we have MORE NEW CHARACTERS to worry abou ...more
Should Alex and Arthur have stayed together? 14 70 Mar 05, 2018 01:03PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add a book cover 4 22 Mar 25, 2016 06:33PM
loveeeeee 2 11 Feb 04, 2016 02:15PM

• The Land of Stories Collection 4 Book Set (The Land of Stories, #1-4)
  • Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Story Thieves (Story Thieves, #1)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #1)
  • Half Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #1)
  • Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library (Mr. Lemoncello's Library #1)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)
Chris Colfer is an Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor best-known for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the FOX television series "Glee".

He is also a New York Times bestselling author whose books include the first three novels in the "Land of Stories" series ("The Wishing Spell", "The Enchantress Returns" and "A Grimm Warning") as well as "Struck By Lightning: The Carson Philips Journal"

The Land of Stories (6 books)
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)