Start by marking “Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)

Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories #4)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  16,203 Ratings  ·  1,279 Reviews
Fairy tales are just the beginning.

Published July 7th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Kingdoms, please sign up.
Tori I saw Chris tonight on book tour in St Louis. He said there will be 5 but most likely a 6th too. :)))
Jerusalen The Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it's up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him...except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy…moreThe Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it's up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him...except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy Council, and no one will believe they're in danger.

With only the help of the ragtag group of Goldilocks, Jack, Red Riding Hood, and Mother Goose and her gander, Lester, the Bailey twins discover the Masked Man's secret scheme: He possesses a powerful magic potion that turns every book it touches into a portal, and he is recruiting an army of literature's greatest villains!

So begins a race through the magical Land of Oz, the fantastical world of Neverland, the madness of Wonderland, and beyond. Can Alex and Conner catch up to the Masked Man, or will they be one step behind until it's too late?

Fairy tales and classic stories collide in the fourth adventure in the bestselling Land of Stories series as the twins travel beyond the kingdoms! (less)

Bella Alcott
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG I just finished the third book and I am practically going crazy!!! I SO wish that I could go into time!!!! There is such of a cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookworm007
description

I have glimpsed my future, and I saw myself happy as can be with this book in hand.
Fafa's Book Corner
Elise
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait- after the end of the third I need to read this!
Update-I loved it, the different book characters added a nice touch. I didn't like it quite as much as the first few for some reason, but still a nice continuation of the series
Tessa
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven't even read it but I know it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!
Addy Lee
This was a GREAT book, but Chris Colpher needs to HURRY UP!!! There is to big of a cliff hanger to be contained any longer. Please FINISH THE BOOK SO I CAN READ IT!!! It is an amazing series, keep writing Chris.
Jess Cullity
Sep 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
I'm so excited for this book to come out!! I have read the first three and can't wait till the fourth!
It is a great series, I recommend it for 9-13 years of age!!
Aaron
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Lila Webb
Aug 04, 2014 marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for the next book!!! I wish this series could go on forever!!!
Jillian Daniels
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gwendlyn
Mimi 'Pans' Herondale
Despite this being my least favorite from the series... I STILL LOVE IT!!
Evelyn
Jul 12, 2014 marked it as to-read
I have to be careful I don't slip into an excitement coma.
Chelsea
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
I'm not sure if this one was a bit lacking compared to the first two, or it was just me, but I found this one to be mostly filler.

There was around 100 pages of set up alone. I wasn't necessarily interested in that; I wanted to see Neverland and Oz!

I know I've said this before, but it really bothers me that every single word with even slight significance to what's happening is italicized. I just feel like that could be toned down quite a bit.

I mean, I still really like characters- especially Red!
Adiva
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I NEED THIS BOOK! IT HOLDS THE KEY TO MY HAPPINESS! CHRIS WRITES LIKE NO ONE ELSE!!
Thibaut Nicodème
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well. That took a surprisingly dark turn.

But…you know, this book is great. Also, I love that it's basically tying together elements from the entire series and building up. Yay for no more fetch quest! (Well, there's still one, because tradition, but it only takes a couple chapters)

There's just so much for the next book to pay off on, though. That's one huge escalation compared to the previous, mostly self-contained books. And I love it so much.

Aside from that, it bears repeating that Chris Colfe
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE THE LAND OF STORIES SERIES
Karla
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, siempre que termino un libro de esta saga digo que lo devoré, pero esta ocasión fue mucho más rápido que las anteriores; amé como el autor combino los cuentos de hadas con historias clásicas como “El Rey Arturo” y “Robin Hood”. Me encantan todos los personajes, la trama, la forma en que todo va desarrollándose y ese final fue de 😱 quiero ya el quinto libro, creo que me comeré las uñas de los nervios, lo que me pone algo melancólica es que ya me acerco al final de esta saga que se ha converti ...more
Corey
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Land of Stories: Beyond The Kingdoms is the fourth book in The Land of Stories series. It is about twins, Alex and Conner Bailey. In this book Alex and Conner are looking for the Masked Man, who Alex thinks is their deceased father. They are looking for him because he possesses a magical and powerful potion that turns any book it touches into a portal that leads into that certain book. The overall goal of the Masked Man is to gather an army of literature’s worst villains so that he can overt ...more
Taylor
Nov 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
I NEED to read this one. I WILL go CRAZY if I don't.
Leona  Carstairs
Real Rating: 3.5 stars

My least favorite from the series, but it was still an enjoyable adventure!
Davidv42
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great book with a lot of adventure.
Devon Flaherty
Sep 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Devon by: my daughter
The Land of Stories series, by Chris Colfer, published from 2012-2015 by Little Brown. The series consists of four books so far, and Colfer says the series will end with the fifth book, assumed to be published in 2016. I read the series because my daughter–and just about every other kid her age–is in to the series, and there was no way she was waiting until next year to read the first four.

The series is:

ella
Eve
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
I loved the first three Land of Stories. Especially Alex, who was such a fun and relatable character. However, I think that she's changed into a different character than what she was.

But, before I get into that, let me just say that this book has a much darker feel than any of the other three. It felt more like YA than suitable for 8-12 year olds. The h-word and d-word were both used.

Tension between Alex and Connor was disappointingly high in the beginning. Later on, POOF it was gone, not that
Ava P.
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Conner Bailey are twins from the fairytale world. There is a man on the loose called the Masked Man because of the mask he wears to hide his face. This Masked Man is trying to create an army of evil villains from famous fairytales such as Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, and Peter Pan. The Masked Man can travel into these books because of a magic potion he stole from the late fairy godmother. It is up to Alex, Conner and some of their fairytale friends to stop this Masked Man. Ale ...more
Hayley
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I FINALLY FINISHED A BOOK!!!
I HAVE CONQUERED THE SLUMP!! 💪

And this book did not disappoint! No it did not!
I. ATE. IT. UP.

I loved the characters introduced into this book, some of my favourite fairytale and childhood stories blended together to create this spectacular story. The character development in this, well done Mr Colfer! I applaud you good sir, 👏 👏 🎩
The twists and turns of this story took me on the rollercoaster of all adventures for middle grade literature!
This is one of my favourites
Yash
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just finished the book!
best best book ever!
Only one downside discovered by me, it has an abrupt stop.
I mean it is still an amazing book from my point of view.
Here comes the spoiler, they're "undead" dad is actually Uncle Lloyd! Lloyd's dream is to destroy the fairy-tale world and rebuild it in his own glory.

Hope all of the people who read this will try the book and like this review!!!!

-Yash
Tryg
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Alex struggling with finding her powers and Conner finding surprising things about himself. This book is an awesome and amazing book that will keep you reading (like it did for me) till the end. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Should Alex and Arthur have stayed together? 15 49 Mar 05, 2018 01:03PM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Beyond the Kingdoms 1 12 Aug 25, 2016 04:02PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add a book cover 4 22 Mar 25, 2016 06:33PM
  • The Sleepwalker Tonic (Nightmares!, #2)
  • Still Life (The Books of Elsewhere, #5)
  • Twice Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #2)
  • The Buccaneers' Code (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #3)
  • Of Giants and Ice (The Ever Afters #1)
  • Ostrich Boys
  • Diary of a Mad Brownie
  • Treasure Hunters (Treasure Hunters, #1)
  • SandRider (TodHunter Moon, #2)
  • City of Thirst (Map to Everywhere, #2)
  • In Harm's Way (Benjamin Pratt & the Keepers of the School, #4)
  • Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel (Tyme #1)
  • Island of Dragons (Unwanteds, #7)
  • Call the Shots (Swim the Fly, #3)
  • Bite-Sized Magic (The Bliss Bakery, #3)
  • The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit (Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective, #1)
  • Story's End (Storybound, #2)
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
Chris Colfer is an Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor best-known for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the FOX television series "Glee".

He is also a New York Times bestselling author whose books include the first three novels in the "Land of Stories" series ("The Wishing Spell", "The Enchantress Returns" and "A Grimm Warning") as well as "Struck By Lightning: The Carson Philips Journal"
More about Chris Colfer

The Land of Stories (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
  • A Treasury of Classic Fairy Tales: Includes Pdf (The Land of Stories)
  • The Land of Stories: The Ultimate Book Hugger's Guide
  • Land of Stories Chirs Colfer Collection 3 Books Set (Wishing Spell, Grim Warning, Enchantress Returns)
  • Land of Stories Chris Colfer Collection 4 Books Set (Wishing Spell, Grim Warning, Enchantress Returns)
  • The Land of Stories Gift Set

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Six Wakes
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Maybe greatness isn't about being immortal, or glorious, or popular - it's about choosing to fight for the greater good of the world, even when the world's turned its back on you.” 25 likes
“It’s better to be the hero of your own story than to become the villain of someone else’s.” 19 likes