Start by marking “Fae: The Sins of the Wyrde (The Riven Wyrde Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fae: The Sins of the Wyrde (The Riven Wyrde Saga, #3)

Fae: The Sins of the Wyrde

(The Riven Wyrde Saga #3)

The thrilling conclusion to the Riven Wyrde Saga.

With her king’s plans laid bare, Selena must take drastic steps as the invaders push deeper into Anlan, driven by the schemes of the Sealord. The war between Anlish and Bjornmen rages, even as the fae remain unchecked. Politics is not merely a game for mankind however, and within the fae court ancient plans are coming to fr
Published December 15th 2015 by Fallen Leaf Press (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fae

Marielle
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful ending to a beautiful story! I loved the amount of likeable characters and the good number of strong women among them. I will be on the lookout for new books from this author!
Kitvaria Sarene
What an epic conclusion to the series!
I just finished with this book a few minutes ago - and am still fully in awe.

All plotlines get wrapped up neatly, but there is enough space left open to leave you with some of your own conclusions.

As in the first two books I especially love the character development! They are all very real and believable and different shades of grey. I especially enjoyed the female characters, which was a nice surprise, as they are so often either damsels in distress, or col
Carla Quinn
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
I love, love, love this story and the characters.

I didn't want it to end. This is one story I may read again. This is now one of my favorites and now one of my favorite authors. Can't wait to see what else he writes. I love fantasy novels, but I rarely read a series in consecutive order and sometimes I don't finish the series because It's not easy to keep the story and the characters interesting beyond one book. This series I read all the way through and didn't want it to end.
Michael
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of dark fairytales
Recommended to Michael by: Aidan Hennessy
If you are looking for a dark fairytale trilogy then this is a very good one. I read the omnibus version, which does have a few errors that crept through the editing net but I tend to ignore those if the story grabs me; and this one did.

As the author told me; "Books two and three are my better work." And they do improve as he draws you into his fantasy world of the Fae. There are quite a number of characters in these books and I found it difficult to pick one as a favourite. I liked Kloss. But I
Leona
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, indie-books
All in all, great last book of a great fantasy series.
I loved the setting, the characters and the action. Detailed review is on my blog: https://leonahenry.wordpress.com/2016...
Fraslund
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 for me is the best book in the series as you finally have so many questions answered and get to see the culmination of so many plotlines. The author’s writing has also matured and it shows in the delivery of this last volume. This series took a direction that always left me guessing and when finally revealed, the plotlines didn’t disappoint. Fantastic conclusion to a great series. I am looking forward to future works by this author.
Kristen
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Full review is here, on my blog!~

This was a great conclusion to the series!

The fae are coming to purge humankind, and the Bjornmen and the Anlish have to put aside their differences and come together to stop them, or else they will be annihilated. But will they be able to put their differences aside long enough? The secret of the Wyrde is finally revealed, and the price to fix it and drive the fae back is more than many would like to pay. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

This was a well written and well paced c
C.T. Phipps
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, grimdark
I've talked about Graham Austin King's River Wyrde trilogy before and it's a book series which deserves a good amount of attention. It's a bit schizophrenic, verging from Young Adult adventurism to grimdark brutality, but that's part of the reason I love it.

No one ever said fantasy had to be one thing and it's ability to be many is what guarantees it will always exist. The River Wyrde series began in The Wild Hunt, continued in The Realm of Twilight, and ends here. Is it as good as the others
Jennifer (bunnyreads)
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a great book! I have to admit- I am sad to see the end.

On the whole this series was just fantastic. I enjoyed so many aspects of it. In a way it has the feel of the little guy/girl comes to greatness trope but on a darker grander scale.

The cast was huge and there were many characters that I cared about-most of them were great women characters.

I liked that this book came full circle back to Miriam, she started it and played a big part at the end. Which I felt was a nice touch.

I have
Tina
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finally finished the trilogy, having waited a while for the third book. I loved this series; very well realised characters set in a universe which I can quite easily see the possibilities of. It's not often male writers get female characters right, but Mr Austin-King does, and how! Strong and vulnerable, nasty and nice, these are not gendered characters but just characters who you care about through all their faults.

The Wyrde is strong in some and the implications are both scary and wonderful. T
kartik narayanan
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read the full review at my site https://wp.me/p89tYT-iW

Introduction

‘The Riven Wyrde Saga’, authored by Graham Austin-King, is his first fantasy series. This saga is a trilogy consisting of ‘Fae – The Wild Hunt’, ‘Fae – The Realm of Twilight’ and ‘Fae – The Sins of the Wyrde’.

The pre
Lynn Worton
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review 6*

I received a complimentary copy from the author in return for an honest review. However, when the book became available to pre-order, I placed my order right away.

This is the third and concluding story in The Riven Wyrde Saga. I absolutely LOVED it!
First off, I would like to say that I absolutely love the covers in this series. I am definitely considering getting them in print too, just so I can look at the beautiful artwork. Each book cover is amazing and the attention to detail by the
Matthew
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
See my review of the entire saga here:

Seoman Pilgrim
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Ylsriss looked down at the cup she nestled in her lap. “Happy endings only happen in faerie tales, Gavin. In life you need to work for any ending you can get. The happy ones always seem to take their price in tears. Yours or those of another, the price must always be paid.”"

This took me far too long! Fantastic, brilliant, and also incredibly readable, The Riven Wyrd Saga has been a really addictive fantasy adventure, one that I recommend very highly. Do I have any gripes? Not really, I do feel
Selina
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fitting and satisfying ending to the Riven Wyrde Saga!
I enjoyed all the different POVs and characters and how their paths came together in the end. The depiction of all the darker parts were really well done. Especially considerig how much bloodshed is involved. It made me realise again how desensitised we readers are and how difficult it is - for an author - to write about war and killing in a way it's realistic enough to still reach to the readers.
The Riven Wyrde did a great job with that an
Tara
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, I loved every character, the story, the dialogue, the amount of thought and detail that went into the telling of this story. The author didn't pull punches, he staid honest to the characters and the story. The fae where not from Disney, they were every bit as scary as our ancestors said they were. And for that I thank you very much! I'm a new fan of yours.
Rebecca Slaton
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story to get re-acquainted with fantasy

I thought I was all through with this genre. Thankfully kindle unlimited brought me back with these lovely stories. Escape is even better in middle-old-age! Highly recommend for all ages old enough for the 'f-word.'. Let's me know that there's an entire class of stories I have been ignoring.

Darren Kloss
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great end to a very impressive trilogy. As good as any I've read, very high quality writing and a story that weaves parts of itself to come together in a climax that is both satisfying and exciting.

Read these books, you wont be disappointed.
Ronald
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I really enjoyed diving into the story, but had a bit of trouble following the rather long and not-immediately-connected story parts. Each part is important, and all falls into place enventually, but I did have to lookup a few names moving to a new part. On to the next book now ;-)
Felix
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This trilogy ends magically. Th Fae are written with much thought evolving around the mortal world. Each book is written better than their predecessor & overall enjoyable reads.
Antonello Piemonte
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tough I felt few things were not really fully explained or wrapped up, overall, as the rating says, really enjoyed this one.
David
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
An excellent series and an author to watch. I found it slowed down in the middle book of the series but the final one was all action!
Lesley Walsh
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Really enjoyed this series Would recommend this book as it does not get boring a real page Turner. Thoroughly enjoyable .
Miriam Michalak
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
A fabulous conclusion to a really great series.

At no time did the narrative get bogged down with the author desperately tying up all the loose ends - it just flowed. Wonderful.

G.R. Matthews
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For a trilogy especially, the ending is vital. How do you wrap up every thread, every character arc into something satisfying ... and then leave a thread or two dangling, just out of reach, just in case there is time to go back to the world. Maybe for a short story or two... or a whole new book.

Well, you could look at this book for how to do it well.

The different characters, even some of the secondary ones you haven't met for a while, get some form of resolution - for good or ill. There is some
MarkP
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The rating says it all really. I thoroughly enjoyed this series. There is nothing revolutionary about the story but that hardly matters; what it does it does very well. The characters are well fleshed out and I genuinely cared about them and found them interesting - even the villains (Only one character was really annoying but I suspect that is because she reminded me of someone I know!). The story I found well-paced, exciting and the world was well developed and captured my imagination. I look ...more
Ale
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kind of slow but intriguing always

I found the first book to be a never ending bomb. There was always something new about the world, and you learned of it at the pace of the characters. There are so many things I would love to read about, Tir'a Scyon, what happens to Klöss and the bjornmen, and Ileriel and etc. I LOVE THE NAMES OF THE PLACES AND THE PEOPLE AND THE GLYPHS AND ALL THEY ARE AMAZING AND MAGICAL AND CNNSDN. Would recommend it
Tracey Clifford
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable trilogy

I really enjoyed these books. Occasionally it felt a little long as there was attack, after attack and they seemed to fuse together, getting a bit boring as they got the same results. But that is just my opinion and for the most part it was very enjoyable. Glad I decided to read them.
Maryann Ouillette
Addictive reading

Couldn't stop reading until I finished the whole series. The author knew how to weave the character lines into a fascinating fabric of myth And wonder with a colorful splash of gore a across that draws you in and keeps you awake.
Craig 'KODIAKC' Black
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
GREAT! if you like old fairy stories. good characters, twists and turns, and a TV show like Vikings then this is the book for you. this series will be on my to re-read list. A very fun read.

• Today Is Too Late (The Shedim Rebellion, 1)
  • The Mirror’s Truth (Manifest Delusions, #2)
  • Slow Burning Lies
  • Run (Corruption, #2.5)
  • The Stone Road (The Forbidden List, #1)
  • Courageous (Afterlife, #4)
  • Soul Catcher
  • Curse of the Black Axe
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • The Heart of Stone
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • The Siege of Abythos (Chronicles of the Black Gate #3)
  • Those Below (The Empty Throne #2)
  • Wolfsgate
  • Chaos Umpire Sits (They Who Fell #2)
  • Daughter of Moth (The Moth Saga #4)
  • Dark Prayer
  • The Mantle of Darkness (Legends of Agora, #7)
Graham Austin-King was born in the south of England and weaned on broken swords and half-forgotten spells. A shortage of these forced him to consume fantasy novels at an ever-increasing rate, turning to computers and tabletop gaming between meals.

He experimented with writing at the beginning of an education that meandered through journalism, international relations, and law. To this day he is com

The Riven Wyrde Saga (3 books)
  • Fae: The Wild Hunt (Riven Wyrde Saga #1)
  • Fae: The Realm of Twilight (The Riven Wyrde Saga, #2)
“As I was saying, My Lord. This art is so much more about you than it is me. It's about expectation. It's about hope. Deep down you hold a secret hope that you will be freed. It doesn't matter that you're far too intelligent a man to really believe that to be true, the hope remains." He stood with a shrug and tapped the flat of the blade against his lips. "If I'm honest I don't know if you will ever be freed. The order could come to kill you tomorrow, or not. It is hope that this art deals in. Hope that you might know enough to make me stop, or at least give me pause. Hope is stronger than faith, more powerful that love. Hope is the lever that can move worlds.” 0 likes