Start by marking “Aurora James” as Want to Read:

WEARY. DESPERATE. BROKE.

I did what I had to do to save her.
I sold my soul to survive.
I fell in love with the devil himself.
I'm Aurora James, and this is my story.

DANGEROUS. MENACING. FORMIDABLE.

He is darkness and danger; I am his light.
He is cold and ruthless; I am his warmth.
He is a heartless pimp; I am his whore.
And this is our beginning.
Published September 2015

To ask other readers questions about Aurora James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aurora James

Start your review of Aurora James
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This is one of those stories that suck you in from the first page.
The book is gritty but filled with raw emotions and perfectly imperfect characters.
Alyssa is a single mother and very poor. Not having another choice, she decides to sell her body for money.
Xavier O'Brian is a ruthless man with a very seedy business. His brothel is successful and infamous. When a desperate Alyssa winds up on his doorstep, he sees nothing but a body he can use to make his business more profitable.
What he doesn't
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, cliffhanger
This was a total unexpected but wonderful surprise for me.

Alyssa is a single mum who has hit rock bottom. To survive and provide for her daughter Sophie she ends up getting a job at a strip club as Aurora James.

Xavier is the owner of the club. He's ruthless and comes across as heartless until he's with Aurora. He wants her to himself but knows he can't touch her. I loved how the author portrayed him as a hot, possessive alpha male.

I loved this unique storyline. The sex scenes were hot and
Amy
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ingro
5 stars

What the junk! Why did I turn the last page … why? I should have left it lie and walked away with the happily ever after .. but NO! I had to turn the page.

Xavier O Brien and The Den. Good lord heaven help us all. And then there is Ghost. Yup love him too and Marx I cannot forget about him. This story … is awesome! In short summary without spoilers you get three incredibly hot men. Their relationship is different to say the least. Ghost works for Xavier and Marx
Simona Misevska
even after 1 week of reading this book i really don't know how to rate it. First 100 pages i hated Aurora, she was such gredy whore, i wanted to throw my Kindle from frustration.I understand that she wanted to make money for her little Sophie but she wanted to whore herself even when Xavier pay her double just for her to dance. And that scene with women was not necessary, sorry but i don't like my heroine to be slut.in one time i wanted Xavier to fine better, because he deserve it. And then the ...more
Cocktails and Books
4.5 Cocktails

Holy hell! This killed me. KILLED ME! It's going to be a long wait for the next book. A LONG WAIT!

Full review to come.
Lynne
Shelves: arc-read
Jessica Ingro is a raw and gritty writer. She does the rainbows and flowers, but they come after the hard and rough storm she takes, not only her characters, but her readers through. She does not sugarcoat a damn thing and that is one of the many things I appreciate about Ingro and her writing. After all the heartbreak and despair comes the happiness. Even for a pimp and his prostitute.

Alyssa (Aurora) is a single mom down on her luck when her husband is sent to prison. With no source of income,
Bianca
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

If there’s one thing you can always expect from this author’s work it’s that she knows how to keep you hooked from beginning to end. This story was no different.

Alyssa Swanson is a single mom struggling to make ends meet. Her daughter, Sophie is her world and she will stop at nothing to give her everything. But her life has never been that simple. Despite the jobs here and there she needs to make more money. Fast. While going to a sketchy place
Sheila
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was completely unexpected. The only thing I've ever read by Jessica Ingro before this was Take Me There, which is a compilation of taboo love/sex stories. So I knew she was good at writing sex, what I didn't expect was for this story-line to hook me from page one and leave me cussing and screaming at the cliffhanger. Yes, there is a cliffhanger. Take note of that, because no one told me when I read it. I had no idea until the end, and then it was too late to save myself.

Alyssa is a
Abby McCarthy
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book, the next book Xavier O'Brien is set to release early 2016. Sometimes, I like to wait to read a book until the next one is out, and this is one of those I kind of wish I did. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but you know when you stop reading a book and you want to jump into the next, like immediately and then you are all like, NOOOO I have to wait.

Us book nerds, we're an impatient bunch aren't we??

This story is unique and fresh. Xavier is all kinds of brooding
Lora
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5 stars

Though I found the character a little unbelievable in what she would be capable of doing, I enjoyed this novel a great deal.

Alyssa Swanson is having a bad time after her husband and his drug addiction led to his sentence in jail and her moving out of their home because he wasn’t making payments - instead he was buying drugs. She feels like she has no other options than to become a stripper to make money to feed her daughter.

Xavier O’Brien owns a strip club, but the trick is
Roxanne Johnson-bisland
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book for those who like reading lots of sex scenes.
A newly single mom trying to find a way to provide for her young child turns to the only profession she can think of that will help her get money fast.
After going to a strip club where the establishment is falling apart and run down she leaves not knowing what to do next. A business card in hand with an address and the possibility of a new place to try she returns home to her neighbor and daughter.
Her kind hearted neighbor
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

This author is absolutely brilliant. I have read quite a few books by her and each time she continues to amaze me. Every time I read a book, I remember exactly why I keep coming back. But this book right here is definitely my all time favorite by her. It was intense, edgy, passionate, and totally pushed my boundaries. This book was hot, sexy, and oh so sinful. Ms. Ingro gave us quite a unique storyline with so many twists and turns... yeah you are in for quite a ride that will leave you
Tatia
Shelves: fmr-reviews
**Read and reviewed for FMR Book Grind**

5 stars

There are some authors that I wish would write a 1,000-page book, but then I remember that I still wouldn't be able to get enough. I read this book entirely too fast. It's a story that I fell in love with. Jessica Ingro always gives us an incredibly sexy story with just the right amount of drama and angst.
FMR Book Grind
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
TATIA'S REVIEW
5 STARS

I thought Alyssa was an incredibly strong woman. Having to struggle just to feed her daughter, she's accepted what she has to do, even if she doesn't like her new career
Tara Santiago
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5 féileacán Stars

Let me start by saying this is the 7th book I have read by this author and Jessica has never let me down. If anything her writing seems to just keep getting better and better.

This book had me literally on the edge of my seat, holding my breath and wishing it wouldn't end. I devoured it in two short sessions because I was unable to set it down.

Click here for my full review

**A gifted copy was received by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Be sure to check out
Keeana Bookalicious Babes Blog
This book was sexy, wicked, intriguing, Raw, I could not get enough of it this book just sucked me in from page one I read this all in one setting I could not put it down.

Aurora, I just loved and respected her character she was willing to do anything for the one she loved she was beautiful, sweet, caring life hasn't been all that far to her she has a lot going on in her life but then she meets her sexy boss and things change what are you to do when the one man you want is the one man you should
Misty Walker
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm pretty sure this book had me completely from just the description alone! Such a unique premise, I couldn't wait to read it and I was not let down.

This follows the story of Aurora and Xavier... Probably the most dysfunctional and odd pairing I have read about. I realized quite quickly that I was going to have to put judgements aside to read this book because their behavior is unsettling and I didn't want to like them. But I opened my mind as the story progresses and I was rooting for them
Maria York
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Raw, sexy, gritty, dangerous and emotional are awesome words to explain this book, but once you start reading it sucks you in so far that you never want to come out! Aurora is a single mom who has fallen on very hard times to the point that she has to take a job that she never thought she would ever do! Her life changes more than she could ever expect it could!
Sexy as sin Xavier is a very dangerous bad boy that runs a not so legal strip joint! And when he first lays eyes on Aurora everything
Shawna Shauntia
Mar 09, 2015 marked it as to-read

My mouth hung open as I took in the sight of the man standing in the doorway.

He was easily six foot three, with black hair and piercing blue eyes that seemed as if they saw right through me. His facial features were hard and masculine, like that of a gladiator—strong jaw, straight nose, high cheekbones. And good lord, he was built. His muscles were barely contained by the blue dress shirt that covered his upper body. And through his black suit pants, I could see large,
Three Chicks
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

Alyssa is flat broke. She has used up every available resource for her and her 4-year-old daughter, and if things don’t change soon they will be sleeping in the car. Alyssa realizes when she cannot put food on the table that she is truly desperate and will do anything for money.

I had failed the one person who loved me unconditionally. I had failed as a mother. There was only one thing left for me to do.

The one thing left to do is sell herself. Call it a paid escort,
Books Laid Bare
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is Jessica Ingro at her unfaltering best.
The book is one that leaves nothing to chance, it gives nothing away either and you will be thankful for that.
I think I would say this is more than a novel it was an experience.
Single mother Alyssa has reached the end of her tether and with few options left – heck who and I kidding – she has completely run out of options when she turns to the locals trip club as her only means of feeding her child. Her desperation was palpable at this point and it is
Tbird London
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
I was hooked on this book by page two. Two things you can always count on with Jessica Ingro…….she will capture your attention and heart early and she will leave you in a mess of emotion by the last page. She didn’t disappoint me with this one either.
I absolutely loved the concept of Alyssa Swanson. She is a single mother to the most adorable little girl you have ever read about. Her husband is in jail and she has always been at home with her daughter but now she has to make a living for them.
Miranda Whore
Review for Aurora James by Jessica Ingro

Oh. My. Goodness.

No really, OMG! I knew that this book was going to be good because who doesn’t like a good old fashioned love story about a whore and a pimp? I tease, but I was super excited about this one! Ingro is one of those authors I stalk because she kills it at erotica and dirty talking and alpha men. I really wasn’t quite sure what to expect, the synopsis is perfectly vague in the ‘I must read this’ kind of way.

This is a story about how an
Jennie Wurtz
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: copa-books
HOLY WOW! Jessica Ingro has outdone herself with this one! Aurora James absolutely blew me away and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book in the series! I have read all of Jessica’s previous books, and am in love with each of them. However I think I have a new favorite with Aurora James; the story, the characters, the writing – it’s all just amazing. I found myself truly unable to put this book down.

Aurora James is the story of Alyssa Swanson, a newly single mom who will do
Smut Hut
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What the what?! Why I ask why?? Total twist on the last page and so did not expect that based upon how it was going. Your good Jessica and gotta say is it 2016 yet cause I need more of this please? Before I continue on about this awesome book we gotta see more on Marx and Ghost pretty please. There is something about these two supporting characters that they need their own story.

Alyssa is a struggling mom with a 4 year old and they are down to literally nothing to eat, if not for her neighbor,
Elle
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've come to expect three things from Jessica Ingro's writing -- a taboo story featuring a relationship that pushes the boundaries of what's "normal", an intensely erotic connection between the hero and heroine, and characters who are going to make me both love and hate them. Aurora James lives up to all of my expectations and more. If you're looking for a tender love story, Jessica Ingro's novels are not that. She knows how to write a story that will get under your skin, set you on fire, and ...more
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Let me start off by saying this book is not for the faint of heart. But it's a story about two characters who have been broken by events in their lives. Aurora was forced to turn to a job that ensured her daughter had food in her belly, while Xavier lived a life that might somehow make up for family being gone.

When we first meet Xavier, it's
Lustful Literature
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**TARA'S 5 féileacán STAR REVIEW**

Alyssa is trying to get by after falling on hard times when her husband goes away, leaving her to raise their
Kimberly
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed me and didn't let go! Alyssa aka Aurora is a mom down on her luck. Her husband, a drug addict, is in prison for theft. She is left with nothing, he didn't even pay the rent. She is down to her last bag of ramen noodles and feeling very desperate. After a horrifying interview at a strip club, a bartender gives her a name and address for a job. Little does she know how much her life will change when she walks into The Den and comes face to face with Xavier.

Aurora is one of those
Ronda Bearden
Gifted Copy

First off let me say if you have never read one of Jessica Ingro, books you are missing out on so much. This women has amazingly wicked talent of telling stories!!!! I took this ARC on because I have always loved everything Jessica has put out for her readers. Let me tell you this one is no less proof of her talent. I was taken in from the first page and refused to lay this book down.
You are taken into the life of Alyssa, her only goal is to take the best care of her daughter,

• Broken Play (Sugar Land Saints #2)
  • Quarterback Sneak (Sugar Land Saints, #1)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • Keeping Kyler (The Kennedy Boys, #3)
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • Finding Kyler (The Kennedy Boys, #1)
  • Santori Reloaded (The Santori Trilogy, #3)
  • Fling (Nothing Serious #1)
  • Sacrificed (Little Boy Lost, #6)
  • Loving Kalvin (The Kennedy Boys, #4)
  • The Irish Getaway (The Kennedy Boys, #3.5)
  • Four Years Later
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything #1-7)
  • Losing Kyler (The Kennedy Boys, #2)
  • Revenge At Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels, #2)
  • Escaped (Little Boy Lost, #5)
  • Discovered (Little Boy Lost, #4)
  • Tormented: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Elginvale High #1)
Jessica is the author of the Love Square series. She grew up in Central New York, where she spends her days as a Security Analyst at an IT consulting company. In her free time, she enjoys reading books and developing ideas for her own stories. Writing is her secret passion that she's been fostering since elementary school, when she wrote her first book about a puppy. It has always been a dream of ...more