Start by marking “Angel of the Somme (The Great War, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angel of the Somme (The Great War, #1)

Angel of the Somme

(The Great War #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
There’s a fine line between courage and insanity…and he flings himself over it.

The Great War, Book 1

Captain Sam Dwight never thought his pre-war vow to “make a difference for good in the world” would come back to haunt him. After suffering a grievous head wound in battle, he awakens in a field hospital, barely able to utter a word.

How fast would his beautiful, determined n
Published May 19th 2015 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Angel of the Somme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel of the Somme

Christina
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Don’t look for sex scenes or young romantic antics in this book. Nope, you won’t be reading any of that. But what you WILL be reading is an interesting take on an Englishman copping with a head injury from war. This Author takes us somewhere I really didn’t see coming until I couldn’t believe it myself.

Sam Dwight is a Captain in the Somme battle of WWI who suffers a head injury. As most of the injured in war, he has to recover in a hospital ward with other soldiers/injured. It’s there that his
Jen Davis
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
I love a good wounded hero, so when I read the blurb on this story, I couldn't wait to dig in to a romance between a World War I soldier and the nurse who steals his heart. It had great potential, but for me, it did not deliver. My biggest issues were with the underwhelming gentleness of the romance and with a supernatural element that I just wanted to go away.

Sam is brought to the field hospital where Lily works as a volunteer, after he suffered a serious head injury in battle. Quickly, the two
Les Romantiques
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

There are books whose synopsis is tempting but we still hesitate to read them, and that was the case here for me. Angel of the Somme is only the author’s second novel, and I must say it was a pleasant discovery.

Sam receives a serious head injury in a trench and finds himself in a field hospital. When he has a seizure, he is transported on the battlefield, where he can help a wounded soldier, instead of bei
Rinou
La première guerre mondiale n’est pas un contexte des plus romantiques, mais l’auteur réussit à écrire une romance toute en douceur qui contraste avec le contexte difficile de l’époque et du lieu. Joli découverte.
Avis complet
Sheryl
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

I didn't know what expect from this story, but I was blown away by it. I don't remember the last time I couldn't put a book down. The richness of the scene, the engaging characters, the story itself. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Allison
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Terri Meeker's second book opens up at a time of war in Europe. Captain Sam Dwight makes a vow to do some good in war--and ends up with a terrible head wound. The strange thing about it is, it gives him the ability to willfully enter the battlefield where wounded soldiers cry out for his help. His nurse, Lily Curtis quickly falls for Sam's charms, but believes he might be suicidal because he disobeys every order that will prevent him from having seizures. Can he convince her it's for the good of ...more
Sharon  Farrell
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another Enjoyable Read

Terri has provided a highly emotional experience. Having dealt with migraines much of my life, I was able to imagine how excruciating Sam's headaches were including the nausea and mind numbing reactions that came with his journeys. Gordo was a breath of fresh air always working rookies up Sam's spirits despite his own affliction. I loved that he wasn't afraid to speak his mind when he felt Sam was being stupid about something. Lily was lovely; never afraid to give her all o
Keil
Jan 24, 2016
Janet Jackson
Jul 12, 2017
Kyle Hafar
rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2015
Bettye McKee
Jul 13, 2016
Dian Mollet
Mar 04, 2017
Terri Meeker is supposed to write her author blurb in the third person. It's just how things are done. She shouldn't question it, but then she's always been difficult. Even in high school, her best friend's mother described her as 'eccentric' before urging her daughter to make friends with a nice, normal girl.

Though she was born in Wyoming, she has made her home in the Pacific NW. She's loved hist