Start by marking “Night of the Living Dante (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Living Dante (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #4.5)

Night of the Living Dante

(Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #4.5)

Dante has just been assigned Aurora Sky's mentor. Before they meet, he goes on a mission up north in the Alaska interior with his old partner and informant, Janine.

Full of thrills, chills, and... Dante!

FREE bonus Dante story (approximately 5,000 words) at the end of Hunting Season on all pre-order and release week sales.

Deal ends Monday, March 9, 2015.
ebook
Published March 3rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Living Dante, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Living Dante

Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Night of the Living Dante takes place before Dante and Aurora meet, and I was super excited to read this little novella!

I do have to say that it was a lot of fun! I mean, hello! It's Dante, probably my favorite character in the entire series! And this novella made me realize exactly why I love him so much: he is A LOT like Dean Winchester (granted, Dean isn't as happy-go-lucky as Dante... not anymore, at least *sobs*)!

"Pie. Yum. Even better. Any night where Dant
Angie
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore Dante, so of course I was excited to read Night of the Living Dante! It's a super duper short, yet satisfying peek at Dante in action! Not that kind of action, pervert! He's on a mission with his previous partner, Janine. They're far off into the woods where some vampires are hanging out. Killing is definitely on the brain, and Dante may have the other type of action in mind too for when they're done. While we do get some of that amazing Dante humor, I do wish this had been in ...more
Reagan
Mar 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
A little more proof that the author must be out of character ideas because she is going to milk every character and subplot to death. Reading this story actually wasted precious time for zero entertainment.
J R
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Not quite sure why this book is so late in the series, but I'm glad I got to take a brief look into Dante's life before Aurora entered.
P S
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Night of the Living Dante (Aurora Sky Vampire Hunter vol. 4.5

Very short story not bad to add to the continuing saga of Aurora Sky vampire hunter let's see what happens in the next installment...
J.L. Day
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE the Aurora Sky series and have already pre-ordered the finale (I am both excited to read it and saddened to say farewell to what have become such GOOD friends at the same time).

In Night of the Living Dante we are first introduced to the dashing and smooth-talking boy next door, but sex-charged superman that you just never know WHAT to expect from. That is one of the best things about Dante, he is all cuddly and mellow, sweet and charming in one breathe and in the next he is a hot as fire
Laura Greenwood
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This is only a quick review, and won't appear on my blog.

This was a short story (it's free!) about Dante, Aurora's mentor, but before he met her. I'm not Dante's biggest fan anyway (something a little too righteous about him for my tastes) and I wasn't too sure that Night of the Living Dante actually changed that opinion in my mind. It was interesting seeing him in action though, and put a little bit more context to his motivation surrounding Janine in book 1. While this is listed at #4.5 in th
Alan
Jul 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Way too short! I don't get this. I know it's free, but why bother putting such a short book out? There are so many other back stories about Dante I'd like to know: his snowboarding accident, when he was held hostage, his time at boot camp. Why not put together a book of them all? Also, the scope of this narrative was very limited and unsatisfying, I didn't get a glimpse into Dante's mind, it was like I was still observing him from the outside.
Shawn
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read, it is less than the 24 pages it claims to be, many of those are ads for other great books.

This story is a glimpse into one of Dante's missions before he met Aurora. He's just a fun-loving guy who loves his work: killing vampires.

Third person, the book is still told from Dante's point-of-view so you get to see a lot more about the way he thinks.

This is a great additional piece for the series.
Heather De Los Reyes
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Since Dante happens to be my favorite character in the Aurora Sky Vampire Hunter series I was so excited to find out Nikki Jefford released a book from Dante'so point of view. Of course I loved everything about this book. I really liked hearing what Dante thought about things as well as how his relationship started with Janine. Don't miss out on this book in the series it's full of hilarious Dante!
Keith Beasley-Topliffe
An incident to help us like Dante less

This "volume 4.5" of the Aurora Sky series feels more like an incident cut from one of the books as being too inconsequential to take the space. Dante and Janine go on a semi-successful mission then go home. Yawn.
Megan Murphy
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bite-me
Not like this novella was bad...much. I just can't stand Dante...although reading this makes me wonder about him and Aurora. Not sure really the purpose of this though. The last few novellas made us understand Valeria and Noel. This one is basically a horny, blood thirsty Dante out on a mission.
Kaden Brown
Very short and a bit of a disappointment.

This really could have been longer, more fitting for the series. Red was perfect, this fell short.

Oh yes, now I also feel Dante just is not a nice guy.
Danielle
This book was really short so it was hard to get a good rating on it. It wasn't bad but it really didn't provide anything extra to what I already knew about Dante.
Heather
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series! This is a short novella which is a great Segway into the latest book, Whiteout. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Lyn Jenkins
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Don't bother with this one. it's too short and doesn't tell you a thing about Dante.
Guylaine
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was a short story about Dante and oh my do I love it!! Wow I wish this book would have been longer to spend more time with Dante.
If you like Vampire Hunter Aurora Sky is the series for you.
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very little novella but was ok.
Alicia Prochnow
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Too short to be much of any story. It was barely a chapter in the other books.
Alicia
Shaundra
Aug 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dante Not Such A Nice Guy? 1 1 Jan 08, 2016 11:03AM

• Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • A Place Beyond (The Danaan Trilogy, #3)
  • Day After (The 19th Year, #2)
  • Falling (Falling Angels Saga, #4)
  • Ghost Heart (The PSS Chronicles, #3)
  • Remnants of the Damned (Abyssal Sanctuary, #1)
  • Proxy (Avalon, #0.5)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows (The Nightmare Series, #2)
  • Wild Hearts (Forever Wild, #2)
  • Spartan Promise (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #2)
  • The Year of the Crocodile (Cyclone, #2.5)
  • Day 8: New Human War (Part 1)
  • My Tethered Soul (Reaper's Rite, #2)
Nikki Jefford is an award-winning, bestselling author of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and quirky combinations in-between.

She is a third-generation Alaskan now living in the Pacific Northwest with her Westie, Cosmo, and her French husband, who she wouldn't trade in for anyone--not even Spike or Mr. Darcy!

When she's not writing, she's reading, walking, or out riding her motorcycle, a Honda CB5

Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter (6 books)
  • Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • Northern Bites (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Bad Blood (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #3)
  • Hunting Season (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #4)
  • Whiteout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #5)
  • True North (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #6)