Start by marking “My Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys Series, #2)

My Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  316 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Find out the dramatic conclusion to Book 1 of the X-Treme Boys Series, Skater Boy.

For the first time in her life, Hindley Hagen has something she’s always looked for, unconditional love. As the attorney and sports agent for X Games golden boy, Rory Gregor, she’s worked hard to help him make a comeback in a professional sport that isn’t always so forgiving. This time, he’s
ebook
Published (first published September 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about My Skater Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Skater Boy

Daphnie's Bennett
In My skater boy we start out right were we left off. Hindley and Rory fighting due to Rory's insecurity's. Their chemistry is do strong and they cant stay away from each other.

Hindley is Rory's attorney/agent and they can not go public with this. This secret would hurt both their image. They are not fooling and people begin to use this against Hindley. Will she be able to keep everyone happy?

In this book we learn both Rory and Hindley's secrets. While both try to work through this secrets Ror
Kami Dodson-Perry
Rory & Hindley

Hindley finds herself in a NO-WIN situation. Her boss is blackmailing her to take on a new client. The new client is blackmailing her or he will ruin the man she loves.

The self-doubt that both of these characters makes them perfect for one another. Rory always afraid people will find out his secret and think less of him. They will think he is stupid and lacking. Hindley with her bad body image and trust issues.

Hindley's choices are taken from her in this Second part to Skater B
**A Copy was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

4 Skaterboy Stars!!

"On our own, Rory and I were broken and abused. But together, we were perfect."

Well I have to say I thought this was a great conclusion to Rory and Hindley's story. I truly feel the above quote sums up this book/story to a T. This book starts off exactly where book 1 stopped. I loved that there wasn't any time lost between books. We learn a lot in this book. I have to say I probably enjoyed this b
K3
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
ChuCha
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Hindley and Rory are finally a couple! Rory had given her the unconditional love she had been looking for. She helped him make a comeback, securing endorsement and even a commercial in his behalf. Both of them were happy, and just waiting for the right moment for the both of them to announce their relationship. Their reputation would suffer, most especially hers. Even though Rory didn’t like it one bit, he agreed. Just as when everything seems to be perfect
Books&Dreams
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Book Worms was given this book as an ARC for an honest review.
We gave this book 5 amazing Stars.
Lindsay Thibodaux a Book Worms Reviewer left this review. Thank you Lindsay.

Miria Vanessa
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Where to begin.....

** I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.**
Hilarious, touching, sexy, heart-wrenching, mind-bending and eye-opening.
I really liked the first book in this series, but this second one just blew my mind. It picks up right where Skater Boy left off, and in my opinion, it went over and beyond the first one. This time around, Rory and Hindley are absolutely certain they are completely in love. But as both of their pasts and demons rise to the surface, so do thei
JC82
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel My Skater Boy continues the progression between Hindley and Rory but it’s not without its trials. These two are put through the ringer, I think a medieval gauntlet would be easier to get through then what Hindley and Rory have to endure. This book is chock full of revelations and turmoil that will have your emotions reeling from one end of the spectrum to the next. There is happiness, heartbreak, vulnerability and even laughter throughout this book brought on mainly by Hindley’s comic ...more
Kassidy-nicole Langiano
My Skater Boy – Kay Manis
9/10 AHHH second book was just as amazing as the first one!
This book is the follow on from ‘Skater Boy’ and I have to say it is very rare that a second book is as good as the first. However this book was breath-taking!
The rare emotions flowing from Rory and Hindley as they struggle to keep their relationship a secret from the press, this becomes even harder when the slime ball Axel finds out about them and not only about their affair… he finds out about Rory and his d
Jane

The road to true love is never smooth and Rory and Hindley’s relationship takes some pretty hard beatings in this instalment of the X-Treme Boys series. Carrying on from where book #1 left us Hindley’s insecurities and lack of trust issues are not the only obstacles in this couples way, Rory has just as many hang-ups of his own driving a wedge between the pair. The tension really begins to build when Hindley learns of some of Rory’s demons and decides the only way to move forward is to come clea
All Booked Out
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

We start this book straight from where the last left off.... and Hindley can tend to let Rory get away with things a bit easily. I would let him stew a bit more, sexy good looking or not...he needs to crawl!!

Omg Kay Manis! The secret trip for Rory after the massive fight! ? Holy sh%t...... That was quite the show! But Rory what a cock! Men and their freaking double standards.......

At least Rory put him in his place....but I wouldn't have let him know.. Not let him off that easily! No frea
Broadway Girl  Book Reviews (Beth Lattanzi)
Two damaged souls, find each other and learn to cope with the past and how to love and trust again.

Skater Boy and My Skater Boy told a phenomenal tale of Rory Gregor and Hindley Hagen and their trials on their journey to finding a Happily Ever After. The story was well written and talked about some difficult situations in life. It was also about becoming whole again when you have only felt like a half for so long.

I can honestly say I didn’t want these stories to end. I loved how it was told fr
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hindley has worked hard to give X Games skateboarder, Rory, the comeback he deserves. The skateboarding legend has won more than just a gold medal, he’s captured her heart. Now she’s trapped, caught in the snare of a man playing a deadly game. She needs to choose to protect the one man who’s made her come alive for the first time in her life or lose it all. Hindley must do the unthinkable in order to save her and Rory. Unfortunately, protecting Rory means her own demons may surface and there is ...more
Book Junky Girls
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Review May Contain Spoilers!

Hindley has a mother who loves her, a Stepfather who adores her and a stepsister who despises her.

Then there is Rory, the sexy Skater boy...oh yummy Rory...even with his Anger issues, Jealous rages and tendency to think the worst of himself yet he is still the glue that holds Hindley together.

They met when Hindley was completely out of her mind after a party for her stepsister. Rory couldn't walk away from his 'Drunk Girl'. He made sure she made it home safe and
Romance Schmomance
A continuation of Skater Boy, so don't even try to read this one, without reading the first one.

If having Hindley as Rory's attorney was problematic enough, lets add some asshole people to the mix. As much as they try to keep their relationship professional, they can't stay away from each other, especially when they keep falling deeper and deeper for each other. With their past, exterior douche bags, it was enough to start a drama tv show.

How far will they go to protect each other, even if someo
Carra
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scandalous Book Blog
Wow!!! I'm totally smitten with Rory #LoveHim he is such a sweetheart. Every girl should have their own Rory.

Just when I taught this story could not get any better, Kay proves me wrong by taking their story to new highs. Emotions leaps from the pages engulfing me in ways I could never have imagined.
Hndley & Rory have a rough time ahead....Extremely difficult
Their love for each other is so strong that they would do anything to protect the other. That love is about to be put to the test.

lets
Elle
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the dramatic, page turning, and heart wrenching conclusion of Skater Boy, Rory Gregor has everything he has worked so hard to overcome. He is getting back on top of the Pro Am skating world the unconditional love of his beautiful lawyer/agent, but can there be something in their past and present to competent derail all they have worked to accomplish.

Hindley Hagen has worked diligently to help get Rory endorsements and deals he so deserves. She will do anything to help him overcome his self-d
Jenna
May 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This book picked up right where the last one left off. Which is good considering the last one was so abrupt.

The last book seemed to have a lot of stuff going on and this one was no different. We really learned a lot about Rory and Hindley. If I had thought their pasts were tragic before, this new information really showed just how broken these two are.

While I really like these two together, it almost seemed like there was so much drama going on and everything else was pushed back. But that bei
Lovebites Andsilk
2-in-1 review for Skater Boy and My Skater Boy

These two books follow the same characters Hindley and Rory. It is advisable to read them in sequence although you can read them out of sequence.

Hindley thinks she has a handle on her life and is just about to take the next step in her career when she meets Rory. They are two emotionally battered people who have to learn to deal with their pasts and their demons before they can both face a future together.

Their story is well written. Some of the emo
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
If you haven't read Skater Boy you will need to before reading this. It continues where the other left off. It was a nice flow into book 2 from book 1.

I have to say I liked this book probably more, the author brought forth all the secrets from Rory and Hindley. It is exhausting how much self doubt both characters carry around, but almost understandable.

Hindley will go to any length to help protect Rory and his secret. Even as far as blackmail! There are some sketchy characters that are brought t
Gretchen Anderson
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love, great-story
The story picks right up where we left off. The heartbreaking scenes along with the laugh-out-loud funny lines Rory comes up with makes this book even better than the first. They help each other with their issues. They are both so insecure and have such troubled past. I love how even after Rory’s temper flares - he’s quick to apologize to Hindley.

Will Rory and Hindley break through their past and their insecurities to manage the wonderful relationship they have if the can fight for it?

A good d
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Skater Boy and My Skater Boy are simply amazing and fabulous books. They both follow the story of Hindley Hagen, an attorney and Rory Gregor, a professional skateboarder.

These two both have hard and dark pasts. The demons of their past are still present. They both fear of the past and have their own insecurities.

Their relationship wasnt easy. It was challenged a lot of times and they had to overcome those challenges in order to move forward and have their HEA.

This story simply captures your atte
A.R. Von
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation from Skater Boy (book 1 of the series) and just as good! A great read for any fans of the genre but I strongly suggest reading book 1 first. My Skater Boy is NOT a standalone read!

Hindley has a lot more secrets buried than I originally thought. Very deep ones! We learn a lot more about her, her past and the reasoning behind many of her actions. I truly adore this chick!

Rory is experiencing a variety of new, pretty much alien feelings and does not know how to control them or
Lustful Literature
**DEBBIE'S REVIEW**

WOW!!!!! Fantastic, Powerful, Suspenseful, Emotional is the best way to describe book 2 in this series!

This book picks up where book one left off in the HEAT of Passion and Drama!!! Rory & Hindleys story was an emotional rollercoaster that will have you laughing one minute and crying the next. There were so many twists and turns in this story and it hit on some Powerful and Intense issues and Author Kay Manis did it with sheer class!!

I did not see some of the plot twists t
Katherine
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had to walk away from this book a couple of times while reading this- THAT'S HOW ENCOMPASSING THIS BOOK WAS FOR ME! I started this last night, and couldn't seem to stop, except when the suspense actually felt too intense for me. It had all the elements of a great continuing storyline (If you haven't read Skater Boy, you NEED to read that before this- My Skater Boy is a sequel) of romance filled with angst, trauma, despair, then hope.

I've been recommending Skater Boy to friends, and now have a
Red from Red Hatter Book Blog
Wow

First off, Kay Manis ripped my heart out. It's ok cause she put it back together again. This book was great. I love that it brought out to light a lot of real problems. Problems a lot of people struggle with. It really makes you relate to the characters.

Hindley and Rory really are perfect for each other. Like two puzzle pieces that just fit. I really liked how real this book is. When dating we all go through some type of inner monologue about if we are good enough, smart enough, pretty enoug
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Very hot book. Rory and Hindley take their relationship to new levels. Emotionally and physically. So much happens in this book, you will definitely take the journey with them.
We don't see a whole lot of BFF Dana in this book, but rumor has it she will have her own book. Yay!!
I did miss smart-ass Dana though.
Not just Rory and Hindley's relationship progress but her relationship with her parents and yes dare even say Genvea! Gasp!!
If you read book 1, you have to read this one. You have to know w
For the Love of Books
I absolutely loved this series and was very thankful that I had both books, so as soon as I finished the first I was able to dive right into the second one with not a moment to spare. The two main characters are wonderful. I just fell in love with Hindley and Rory. They were SO hot together and you could just feel the sexual tension floating off of them in waves. They both had to overcome a lot of issues, both with themselves and with others. They each had secrets that the other was scared to re ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r
I didn't think that this story could get any better, But it did. It started off right where book 1 left off at. This one turns out to be Hindley's turn to open up about her past and share her secrets. OK let me talk about the ending which had been bugging me since I finished the story. I didn't like it don't get me wrong I like the way the story turned out in fact I love how the story turned out I just didn't like the huge jump that is did that kinda sucked.

***I received this story for free in e
  • A Blue Tale
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Tapped (Totaled, #2)
  • Reprieve
  • Driving Layne (Unspoken Truth, #1)
  • Fight For My Heart
  • If I Seem Dangerous
  • Forever Baby
  • Tattooed Emotions (Tattooed, #1)
  • Layers of Her
  • House of Cards (Mirrored, #2)
  • Double Negative
  • Monday (Timeless #1)
  • Revive Me
  • Evolve Series Box Set (Evolve, #1-2.5)
  • Playing with Fire (Guarded Hearts, #1)
  • Dismantling Evan (Evan series #1)
  • Somethin' Dirty (Country Fever #4)
In addition to being an author, I’m also a wife and mom. My family lives in the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin, Texas.

I am blessed to have a family that supports all my wild and crazy ideas. They give me the time and the encouragement I need to write and publish the stories that still float around in my head every single day.

I hope you enjoy my books as much as I enjoy writing them. I’ve
More about Kay Manis...

X-Treme Boys (6 books)
  • Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys #1)
  • Moto Boy (X-Treme Boys #3)
  • My Moto Boy (X-Treme Boys #4)
  • Extreme Attraction (X-Treme Boys #5)
  • My Snow Boy (X-Treme Boys #6)