Start by marking “The Hybrid (The Hybrid #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hybrid (The Hybrid #1)

Read Book

The Hybrid (The Hybrid #1)

3.11  ·  Rating details ·  170 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Ari is the daughter of Ares, the God of War. Half goddess and half Phoenician, she is raised by her father in secrecy until her 18th birthday, when he is forced to return to Olympus.

She chooses not follow her father, and decides to venture out into the mortal realm. There, Ari crosses paths with the archangel Julius, who bears a message from a seer. Ari must return to the
Paperback, 1st Edition, 240 pages
Published February 9th 2015 by Venus Morales

To ask other readers questions about The Hybrid, please sign up.
Venus Morales Ari the hybrid daughter of Ares, the God of war, born with a dark entity within. Approached by an archangel named Julius who bares a prophesied…moreAri the hybrid daughter of Ares, the God of war, born with a dark entity within. Approached by an archangel named Julius who bares a prophesied message from a seer. Unknowingly Julius stirs something within dark and dangerous within Ari. Her world is turned inside out the moment Julius appears. As she is conflicted by her emotions. Loved, betrayed and tormented, Ari is forced to do the one thing she must do to survive; forge herself into the weapon she was born to be.

Will she survive long enough to fulfill the prophecy or will she be the ultimate doom?(less)

Ashley Books and Warpaint
I wanted to like this book. The concept of a half-phoenix/half vampire princess daughter of Ares, God of War with a Vampire Queen best friend drew me in to the book but once I started reading it just fell flat for me. I got to page 49 and had to stop reading because the story just didn't flow. There was so much extra and unneeded detail in the book that it became jumbled and confusing. Maybe it's because this is a Young Adult book that made me feel like I just wasn't getting the story line.

Copy
kariny v
*free copy in exchange for an honest review*

Ari is the only one of her kind. Not only is she the daughter of a god but a princess too, meaning she's like a vampire but has a dark version of herself inside of her, constantly battling to take over. One night when fighting demons, Ari is approached by Alaris and Julius. Alaris is a mystery and vanishes before she can question is identity. A couple of years back, four angels disappeared and were taken hostage to the underworld. Julius claims that he
Jessica
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-1st-ng, 1limited, own

There was a lot of potential for this supernatural debut from author Venus Morales. She incorporates vampires, phoenixes, demons, angels, and Greek Mythological Gods into an action adventure/romance. Though the setup of various types of paranormal creatures in New Orleans did remind me of the CW’s ‘The Originals,’ Morales has created a truly fresh and imaginative storyline.

That being said, there were some structural and formatting issues with ‘The Hybrid.’ I wanted to give this book mor
Clever Girl
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
An interesting, original story full of secrets - huge, life changing secrets, drama - family, relationship and paranormal, battles to the death, kisses, shocks, boy trouble and the mother of all internal battles.

I liked the relationships in The Hybrid, Ari and Ily, Ari and her father and grandmother, Ari and Julian. They're quite the mix of personalities who clash frequently but love each other fiercely. Ari is an interesting character. She's very emotional, fly by the seat of her pants, who rea
J. Kahele
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was different then most books in its genre. The plot was intriguing and the characters were very well crafted. Which made for a light, pleasant read.
Will Wortner
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
The 1-line Review:

Great characters and plot within an exciting story, but with some structural issues.

The longer review:

I really like the story, characters, and the new take on well used fantasy roles, but give the book a tough critique when it comes to structure.

Hybrid is the debut novel from author Venus Morales. Its a fresh take on fantasy with a uniquely diverse array of characters; Greek Gods, Vampires, Demons, Angels, and a new take on phoenixes attribute to a cast of characters I have nev
Sharon Mccumber
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing

OMG!!!!!! Just finished another great read and had to share it with all of you! I was contacted on Goodreads by an author who needed reviews for her book and i jumped at the chance! She expressed with me that it isnt like most Young Adult/Fantasy/Supernatural book and i thought, "Okay, I can roll with this!" And roll I did ladies and gentlemen! Hybrid By Venus Morales was a great read! Perfect for all mythology fans!

*Synopsis*

Ari is the daughter of Ares, the God of War. Half goddess and half Ph
Maghon Thomas
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this one. I thought the background and myths surrounding the building of the characters were fantastic. The plot line that was followed kept me on the edge of my seat. And there's always some hawtness when the bad boy looks so good. Right :) Ok, now that I got all crazy and spit that out, I wanna say this is a really cool book. Ari is different. Her daddy is a God. Litereally. Oh and I loved her relationship between her dad and her grandma. Cracked me up. But, now, things are ...more
Venus Morales
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-charity-tober

Completed on: The Hybrid04/20/2015

Review Rating: 5 stars! Download your free 5 Star Seal.

Reviewed By Charity Tober for "Readers’ Favorite"

The Hybrid (Book one in The Hybrid Series) by Venus Morales is a thrilling YA fantasy supernatural read! The story follows a strong-willed and likeable heroine named Ari (daughter of Ares, the god of war). Ari spends much of her life in secret and, upon her 18th birthday, she is allowed to venture into the mortal world. She meets an intriguing archangel name
Angelspearl
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The story kicks off with Ari or Arielis she is a demi goddess phoenacian or is it phoenacian demi goddess?(simply means part phoenix part vampire and part goddess) the only one of her kind is really special. She is the daughter of Ares the God of war and that of course makes her someone you don’t want to mess with. While out on a hunt one night with Illy the queen of the vampires who is best friends with they come across Alaris a very dark opponent who wants to have Ari for himself by all means. ...more
Melissa Burcham
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I was given an ARC book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

This book was so good! I would give it 10 stars if I could. There were so many twists and turns and surprises. This book has Daemonons, Vampires, Phoenacians, Archangels, and a mixture of all the above! I enjoyed the character development and action of the story!

Arielis is a first ever hybrid. She is half Phoenacian (half phoenix, half vampire) and half
J.L. Rallios
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I was assigned this book from my publisher to give an opinion if I considered if "publishable." While it is far from the type of book that I would normally read (i.e., I don't like stories that involve main characters who have to drink blood to live), I'll honestly say that with some editing (minor errors of grammar, word choices, and redundancies) that it is publishable -- and that I did get some enjoyment out of it, which means that those who like these kind of stories would probably like it a ...more
Terry
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is an "extra" and a great way to get more insist to the enigma which is Isadora. Isadora is the watcher of Miss Mabel's School for Girls, she interviews and decides which girls go on to the school and which ones are turned away. Isadora has the amazing ability to see into the heart of each witch and uses that power to determine if they are worth to be a part of the school. No secret, no insecurity, nothing gets by Isadora. But don't expect to understand her warnings, as she often speak ...more
Sage Knightly
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: xpressoreads
*I received a free ebook version of this book from XpressoBookTours in exchange for an honest review.

The Hybrid is full of demons, arch angels, gods and goddesses, and vampires. It's all supernatural, love, growth, and bravery. It's about Ari fighting her Darkness only for both sides of her to come together and fall in love.

See my full review here: Fishing For Books
Lesia Latta
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. If you love vampires and princesses you will love this book. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. This was the first book I have read by Venus Morales and will be looking forward to reading more.
Heidi
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Click the link below to read my review of The Hybrid!

Jenna
Dec 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
I received this book through BookBloggers.org in exchange for an honest review.

I've put off reviewing this book for many months, but it's just been hanging out in my "currently reading" list for so long. I initially requested the book (that's how BookBloggers.org worked) because the concept sounded very interesting. It already had several 5-star reviews under its belt, so why not...

No. That's what my 1-star rating means: "No."

There's a certain level of writing skill and narrative flow I can ov
Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic
I received a complimentary copy of The hybrid in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! Talking about one very interesting story. The moment I read the blurb I knew immediately that I have to read this book! The Hybrid is a story about Ari - the daughter of the Greek God of War Ares and a Phoenacian queen. Phoenacians are vampire-like creatures who can control fire and have dark versions of themselves inside their body, drk versions who can control their body if they don't control them first.

The boo
Amber Saling
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Won on GoodReads giveaway.

Ari is a Hybrid, half princess Phoenician(phoenix and vampire)and the daughter of Ares, Greek God of War. Best friends with a Vampire Queen Ily that's at her side when fighting Deamonon in New Orleans. The story kicks off when she encounters Julius, an archangel with a prophecy of a war that they both play a major roll in.

When I saw what this book was about I was very intrigued. If there is talk about Greek Mythology I'm sold, but I was left with disappointment with thi
Grim Lolita
The concept of this book is definitely a new one. There is a Deity, Deamonons, Phoenicians, Vampires and Greek Gods. The mix of all of those items is what interested me in the first place. The characters of Ari/her dark half, Ily, Julius, Alaris, Hera and Ares helped to keep me interested.

Where I have the issue or bit of disappointment is the resolve of certain items. It all came to quickly for my liking and I think it could have really played out more to keep the reader on the edge of their sea
Alina Syed
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
*I received an eBook copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

When I read the blurb of this book I became excited. The concept was really good. But when I started reading it, I didn't like it at all. I strongly disliked the main character, Ari. She's obnoxious, and thinks she can do everything. There were so many other things I didn't like about her. And I hate how she called Julius angelboy.

After reading a bit, the book became irritating for me. And I was happy when the book ended.
Becky
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I was so happy to win The Hybrid on Goodreads Giveaway! The Hybrid has an awesome story line! I would recommend this book to YA readers (high school ages). The beginning was a little rough getting to know characters and getting into the book, but by the ending the descriptions and intensity was awesome! I hope to read more books by Venus Morales in the near future. Thank you for sending me your book, Venus!
**Becky
Beth Slater
Dec 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
'The Hybrid's' -Clarification 1 3 Jul 23, 2015 11:26AM
Book Tour - Blogg...: YA Para-Urb Fan Rom Needs more Reviews 1 7 Jul 22, 2015 04:13PM
#diverse Authors 1 3 May 24, 2015 07:45PM
Who is your favorite character? 1 2 Apr 30, 2015 10:04AM
The Indie Bookshelf: YA fiction-urban fantasy novel for review 3 5 Apr 12, 2015 09:45AM
Indie and Self-Pu...: New YA fiction-Urban Fantasy 4 review 1 6 Apr 11, 2015 09:21PM
The Indie Bookshelf: New YA fiction/urban-fantasy novel 4 review 1 8 Apr 11, 2015 09:15PM
  • Kill it with Magic (The Lillim Callina Chronicles #1)
  • A Fistful of Fire (A Madison Fox, #2)
  • Hell's Chapel (Caith Morningstar, #1)
  • The Tegen Cave
  • The Witch's Vampire (Mystery Springs #1)
  • Dead and Kicking (The Harry Russo Diaries, #1)
  • Tentyrian Legacy
  • The Curse Merchant (The Dark Choir #1)
  • Affairs of the Dead (The Reanimation Files #1)
  • Legends of the Crypt (Molly Maddison #2)
  • Black Spark (Dark Magic Enforcer #1)
  • Hand of Miriam (Bayla and the Golem, #1)
  • Moon Tortured (Sky Brooks, #1)
  • Grave Matters (Night Owls, #2)
  • Faery Born (The War Faery Trilogy, #1)
  • Alice's Alphas (Wolf Clan Shifters #1)
  • Revolutionary Magic (The Dashkova Memoirs #1)
  • The Darkest Tool
I am a Latina who grew up on a four block radius in the city of Boston, MA. A mother to 3 wonderful boys is priority in my life. In between raising 3 boys and trying to write whenever I can. Now that my boys are older, I can give my writing the attention it’s needed.
I believe writers are natural born artist, who are meant to be unique, weird, cooky & untraditional. If all writers were meant
More about Venus Morales
“Every immortal has their kryptonite. No one said immortality was the best thing ever, most would call it a curse.” 1 likes