Start by marking “A Desperate Man: Volume 3 (A Desperate Man, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Desperate Man: Volume 3 (A Desperate Man, #3)

A Desperate Man: Volume 3

(A Desperate Man #3)

Sex. Addiction. Lies.

One night changed everything.

With the sins that stand between Evan and Reagan, can a relationship emerge from a past that is so broken?

Or will the weight of their deceptions crush any hope of redemption?
ebook
Published September 13th 2015

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

So we have a liar and a sex addict. How's that working out for you two?"

The highly anticipated conclusion to an addicting series is here and boy did it end with a bang. Pun most definitely intended. You know what I love? When a series is perfectly wrapped up with a great conclusion without being cheesy and that's exactly what I loved about the third and final volume of A Desperate Man. We first met Evan in A Desperate Man: Volume 1 through only his POV, then we got to know Reagan in A
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4.75 Desperate Stars

This last Volume has to be I think my favourite.

Here we have a Liar versus a Sex addict, a past and a future colliding together . I don't want to give anything away so going to try and keep this review neutral. But this was about how they took control in more ways that one. You see how they heal, how they mend, how they connect and how they LOVE.

How they decide to take a chance and move forward.

photo D86D0365-AF7A-4DE5-B5CD-A44B1BECE950_zpsjarxfcfl.jpg

What I loved In this volume was how they United and how the people around the
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

Eda's #TooManyBooksButNoDamnTime themed extra short reviews #3:

** 4 “What is it you see..?” STARS **

“She’s a liar.”

“And you’re a sex addict. FANTASTIC PAIRING.”

description

This story begun as something so wild, and filthy, and shocking...but it took an unexpected turn and ended up being one of the sweetest love stories ever.

It's tricky to manage a novella series. Keeping the anticipation of the readers up but not over-doing the drama, holding the spark between the characters but not letting it be all
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Liar versus Cheat Stars!

photo 41C14338-4262-4A1E-A3A3-110ABC3FF840_zps2ddqncvc.jpg

"She's a liar," he said.
"And you're a sex addict. Fantastic pairing."

Gah! I loved this installment. Evan and Reagan go full circle in their lust/hate/love affair and it was perfect! After the events at the end of Volume 2, I wasn't so sure they could come back from the misguided feelings of lies and betrayal, but here we get their love story. And let's face it, hotness aside, I'm an incurable romantic at heart.

A Desperate Man caters to fans of that angsty fi
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
description

À Desperate Man 2 left us hanging and begging for more. And believe me Ella &Brooke keep us hanging a little more.

Reagan and Evan love to hate each other.
They are still both a little mad at each other and their banter is hot AND funny

“You’re doing a lot of talking when you could be putting your mouth to better use,” she told him. “And you’re doing a lot of complaining for someone who is about two flicks away from an orgasm.”

I loved seeing Reagan's vulnerable side. She is scared to get too
Michelle
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
In the third book of The Desperate Man series we got Evan and Reagan's POV. I loved this quick steamy series!
The last book left us hanging with Reagan's secret and also how she had followed Evan and realized she cared more than she knew she did. Evan feeling hurt because Reagan didn't trust him.
Not much to this one and I don't want to spoil it. If you read the first two I can't imagine that you wouldn't want to read this one to find out how the end goes or the beginning of two people in
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

I'm not sure if it was the long wait for the last book or just the buildup of anticipation since the first book but there was a definite letdown in this book for me.

The series starts out with a look at the ugly side of sex addiction and then slowly but surely, we get to know more about Evan as a person. What moves and motivates him and what drives these urges...maybe not enough detail but still engaging.

description

At the end of book two, Evan finds out about Reagan and he's not quite sure what to
Michelle
ARC provided by authors in exchange for an honest review

www.GlitterTextOnline.com

“You're doing a lot of talking when you could be putting your mouth to better use.”

#ADesperateManVol3

A Sex Addict for a hero. A liar for a heroine. Ahhh...and pardon my language but I fucking loved it!!! Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine did it once again. These two brought a sexy, titillating, steamy, fun, and palpable conclusion to the A Desperate Man Series.

“Let’s just be honest about what I am to you. Your favorite…filthy…fuck.”

“Smart. Sexy. And dirty as a
Stacy
“Let’s just be honest about what I am to you. Your favorite…filthy…fuck.”

*ARC was gifted by Brooke & Ella for an honest review*

The third and final part of this serial series was wrapped up perfectly. Not only did these characters surprise me, but they truly came full circle. There's a little bit of everything you need in this one, and Evan and Reagan know how to turn on the steam and sexual banter. I love them so much!
~Full review to come
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken pieces." -Ernest Hemmingway

This last part of Reagan & Evan's story is told from both their POVs.
The 2nd book ended with our darlings being mad at each other :/

Reagan was mad at Evan because she thinks he had sex with a prostitute and Evan is mad because Reagan lied to him from the beginning. He just found out that she's little Jennifer - the girl he played with when he was ten. Whose family his parents cheated out of
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Desperate Man: Volume 3 (A Desperate Man #3) by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine
4.5 stars!!

“...perhaps it’s not the flaws we should be focusing on, but the beauty of it all.”

This was a great conclusion to this series and one that I didn’t want to end. There were so many great lines in this book and I highlighted a tonne, testament to these authors’ writing ability. I have to say that I love these two as a writing duo, their work dynamic is like no other, normally one author takes one character
Judy
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-or-beta, steamy
"Smart. Sexy. And dirty as all hell. She was his equal in every way imaginable."

In Volume 1 we meet the desperate Evan and the little minx Reagan.
Volume two, true feelings start to arise and a relationship begins.

"She was a fiery-hot temptress, and her appetite more than matched his own."

BUT, feelings were hurt, secrets were kept.. and then IT ENDED!
Volume 3 picks up right where the other left off!!! Thank goodness!
Who's lying to whom? Seems like in this volume, every has something to hide.
Passion 4 Books
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The third and final installment of A Desperate Man V3 is finally here and its conclusion titillating!

The rapid fire witty banter between Reagan and Evan continues to fly in unfiltered Ella & Brooke fashion. The sparks between them ignite in more ways than one throughout the satisfying conclusion.

Reagan, a strong woman with or without a man challenges Evan at every turn.

Evan, the insatiable Casanova, may have met his match in the final chapters when his luck takes a turn.

Dr. Glover, whom I a
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reagan and Evan are back! And after the last cliff hanger, I wasn’t so sure they would survive the fall! This is the last part in the series and was a really good conclusion to the story!

This is a hard review to write because I love their story, but I almost felt like part three was anti-climactic. I loved that they finally come to terms with _____ (hint: how part two ended), but there was so much it seems that was skimmed over or left out.

There is not as much heat in this book as there was in
Mariam
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh
I don't even know why I bothered. It was doomed from the start. I think it's because I love these two authors individually. I mean the writing is good and all but the plot, the characters drove me out of my mind. I wanted honest communication between the MCs. I wanted some apologies. It was very superficial and yes, dirty, of course. Not a bad thing. Just too much. It became tacky sometimes. Especially the overload of sexual innuendos.
It. Was. Just. Too. Much.
*ARC provided by author in exchange
Toni FGMAMTC
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, family, business

The three parts to this serial have very different vibes in my opinion. The first is more darkish and depraved. The second has a lighter more playful feel. This final installment is about facing issues and finding out where the characters truly stand.

Evan and Reagan both have faults. One is a sex addict, and one is a liar. Reagan is as in her head as ever, and Evan is still trying to shake off his troubles. Underneath it all, they have a common history, but they hav
Marcia
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine set this entire series up brilliantly, and Volume 3, the conclusion to Evan and Reagan's story, was absolutely fantastic!! I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you thought that Volume 2 shocked you with all of the twists and turns that occurred, wait until you read Volume 3, because these 2 ladies were not playing around with this series...their revelations were masterfully played in this one!! This series went from me not truly understanding what was happening in Volume 1 an ...more
Ginnie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine are amazing. This duo is better than Batman and Robin. Boom!

A Desperate Man:Volume 3 was explosive!
Wow what a way to end this series with a bang or several. Evan and Reagan's chemistry could make a volcano erupt.

Loved the secondary characters also. Bill as Reagan's mentor and stand in father and Dr.Glover as Evan's shrink. Both Evan and Reagan have many interactions with them both good and bad. Also Evan's neighbors break some of the tension. Reagan's brother makes a
Jen
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Evan and Reagan are one of those couples that take you by surprise. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this volume, especially with the bombshell that was dropped at the end of volume two. I loved where Ella and Brooke took this story. I laughed a lot at Evan and Reagans antics.

Evan totally redeemed himself to me. His vulnerability made me love him even more. Refined Manwhore stories are my favorite.

Reagan, what can I say? I love her spunk and sass. I loved the fight she had and her sarcasm was
Pat
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Desperate Man volume 3 .

I was dying to see what would happen with Reagan and Evan's " adventure " .

After reading volume 1 and 2 I fell into the pages with no looking back.
I got carried away with Ella and Brooks "words" into an office full of sex and all things " good" .
I fell in love with all the characters & your love Doctor Glover ,Evans sex therapist.

Reagan and Evan's " filthy mouths " we're perfect and I loved every word mentioned.
So many parts that made me literally laugh out loud - s
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from authors for an honest review

My man Evan James is back! Woohoo!

After the way things ended in part 2, I wasn't sure how things were going to go with Evan and Reagan. Secrets and lies never turn out well, but boy oh boy I was Team Reavan!

It was a beautiful thing to watch this pair realise what they really were to each other, how much they wanted and needed each other.

The chemistry is off the charts. The attraction, the sexy times.

But can they forgive and forget? Get their HEA?

I
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
....She is a liar and you are sex addict but this does not stop making you perfect for each other stars****

I love the story, from first one to this, characters were adorable and I felt as if I was living with them througout all this time and it was fantasting to witness the development of their relationship. Making peace with past and now let them forward to future...
Evan: I believe there are lots of person who has really deep problematic past and suffered family tragedy but you proved that
Rebecca
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
With Reagan's identity revealed, the fact that she'd lied to Evan from the beginning, and Reagan's misperception of events, any progress they made is mute, but there's one thing neither Reagan nor Evan can deny and that's how their bodies crave each other's, so they're both left deciding if it's worth the risk to continue to pursue how they feel or cut their losses now before either one of them gets in too deep, which is actually quite absurd because Reagan and Evan are all in already, their min ...more
Tracy
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've loved the series since book 1 and I was kinda sad that the story of Reagan and Evan was ending!!!
Book 3 picks up just after we were left on the cliffhanger at the end of book 2.
At that point we had no idea what direction things were gonna go with this pair or if things could/would ever work out between them!!

One is a sex addict - though now that he's fixated on a certain co-worker he's trying to sort him out by seeing his therapist (the meetings with Dr. Glover are really quite funny at ti
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

After waiting what seemed like years (but was really only a few of months), we finally get the conclusion to Evan and Reagan's story.

Let me tell you, it was WELL worth the wait!

Volume 3 picked up right where 2 ended: with Reagan and Evan being pissed and thinking the worst about each other.

Evan discovers that Reagan's been hiding something pretty big from him. Now he needs to figure out how to get over it and move on. We discover more of the past that caused him to be the way he was.

Rea
HeatherP
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
I was so excited to get this ARC last night. Even though I had one heck of a long day I read it all last night.

First I want to say how much I love these novellas and this story. The ending was great and tons of surprises I didn't see coming. These ladies are fantastic writers on their own and when they are together it is even better. I highly recommend you get this book and the first two volumes.

To be honest I can't sit here and say how much I love these books (which I do) with out also statin
Nanci Tink
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, funny
Wow! Just wow!!! Holy hotness that is wrapped up in the form of one smart ass sex addicted Evan James... Need a moment here....
Ella and Brook together write one hell of an addictive read. Between the fast pace and witty banter I was caught up in the crazy world of Reagan and Evan. I loved that Reagan was no one's doormat. She was a strong, independent fierce female lead character! She gave as good as she got which totally had me cheering her on the entire time.
Evan..... Oh Evan!!! Where he was
Shanen
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-f-perfection
FINALLY the 3rd in such a well written story about a very desperate man in the throes of an addiction that he desperately wants to conquer so he can have a meaningful but still VERY sexy relationship with the very sexy very captivating Reagan. Brooke and Ella KNOW how to write a female character which I think is desperately missing in erotic fiction right now. Reagan is the perfect woman for Evan because she isnt perfect. She is strong, capable, vulnerable and desperately in love and she is goin ...more
Kim
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At the end of Book 2, we learned the secrets Reagan has been hiding and the betrayal Evan felt. Can this two overcome what has been thrown in each others faces or will the betrayal and addiction be too much for them to forgive the other.
How can you not root for these two? I believe the secondary characters played a huge role in this final installment. From Troy to Bill to Dr. Glover, even Evan's mom, their insights made Reagan & Evan look beyond the surface, to trust what their heart was sa
Kizzy
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Where do I even start?

This is the conclusion to Evan and Reagan's story. After the ending in volume 2, I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.Secrets and Lies are exposed. Can they can past everything?

Here we have dual POVs this time. Evan, the sex addict and Reagan, who we learn is the liar. They are so hot together as we've seen in the first two book and let me say if you haven't read them, go do it now! :)

We start to see a different side of Evan as he wants to become a better man
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Wife (The Professor, #4)
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (Dark Duet, #1-3.5)
  • Strictly Temporary - Volume Two (Strictly Temporary, #2)
  • Front Man (Front Man, #1)
  • Savor Me
  • StepSister Devotion I (A Stepbrother Romance, #1)
  • P.I.T.A. (L.A. Liaisons #3)
  • Confession (Curio, #5)
  • More Than the Ball
  • The Sensualist & the Untouched
  • Work in Progress (Belladonna Arms #2)
  • Triumph (Bellator Saga, #6)
  • Past Tense Future Perfect
  • Finding Home
  • Measure of Peace (Measure of Devotion, #3)
  • Unconditional Love (Seven Days, #2)
  • Made to Love
  • Where You Least Expect It
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict.

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction.

A Desperate Man (3 books)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 1 (A Desperate Man #1)
  • A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)