Start by marking “Mermen (The Mermen Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mermen (The Mermen Trilogy, #1)

Mermen

(The Mermen Trilogy #1)

These Mermen Don’t Have Tails, They’re Deadly as Hell, and They’ve Got Something He Wants…

INFAMOUS BACHELOR and SELF-MADE BILLIONAIRE ROEN DORAN IS A BASTARD. Yes, he knows it. And no, he doesn’t care. He’s got money and power, and he depends on no one. But when his estranged father dies, willing him a secret island, Roen will come face to face with an even bigger secret:
Published May 10th 2015 (first published May 3rd 2015)

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
😱 Yes We Are Clearly Out of Our Little Minds Buddy Read (YWACOoOLMBR™) with my MacHalo Freaks and the Power Trio (aka Karly, Jess and Heather) 😱

Two things before I attempt to review this Piece of Crap (PoC™):

No, this is not yet another case of everybody-loved-it-but-me. Eleven of us read this PoC™ together. Want to know our average rating? 1.09 stars. Yep, that's right. Three of us DNFed it, too. Now that should tell you something.

The universe owes us Fearless Bunch BIG TIME. Why? Because than
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Mermen is book one in the Mermen Trilogy by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff. I have been a fan of all things Mimi Jean for some time now. So I, along with so many others, have been so excited to see what this new trilogy was going to be all about. Even though I had no idea what to expect, I still am surprised. This was a dark, twisted tale, nothing like the mer-folk that might exist in our imaginations. But did I like it? Yes, Yes, Yes…a thousand times yes.

ship in a storm

Olivia or ‘Liv’ Stratton is writing her dissertatio
Jilly
Mermen.
What I expected:

What I got:

How shocking that a book called Mermen was a total piece of crap!

Oh, but not for the reasons you might think. I'm totally on board with a book about sexy mermen living on a mysterious island holding gladiator fights to the death to get the honor of winning a woman. All that testosterone... Plus, you know, I really like the beach.

But, nooooooo, this book had to make the mermen unsexy assholes who beat up women. They didn't even have tails or gills. Plus, the w
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: BONFIRES
Recommended to Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* by: A cover that LIES!!!

WARNING: RANTING AHEAD

How the hell am I supposed to resist this?? Trick question, I'm not.

Buddy-read with my fellow scientific lovie, Heather..... and also, The Harbinger of Blood-soaked rainbows, Jess, as well the MacHalo freaks.

This insanity is coming to, and likely ALL OVER, a goodreads near you January 4, 2016!

This fucking book, guys!!! My teeth gnash and my brain screams AT.THIS.FUCKING.BOOK.

This book was atrocious! Not only is it a staggeringly awful example of false advertisement, which
DNF @ 80%

Review/explanation to come in a few hours.
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
I WANT TO SET THIS BOOK ON FIRE.

Fuck this book at it's stupid fucking story and it's stupid fucking characters.

***FALSE ADVERTISING ALERT***

The MERMEN in this book DON'T EVEN HAVE TAILS. HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY MERMEN THEN?

The dude on the cover sure as shit isn't the main character. The main character has "caramel colored hair."

The leading lady in this is SUCH A DUMB PIECE OF SHIT I WANT TO SLAP HER ALL THE TIME.

THERE IS NO SEX IN THIS BOOK. 227 PAGES AND THEY DON'T EVEN BANG.

WHAT THE FUCKING, FUC
Pang
This is the review for the whole series three books.

4.5 stars for this whole Mermen series. I love this series! and want many people to know and read it, especially all Paranormal Romance Lovers. Wonder what supernatual kind you gonna meet? Haha I can tell they are Mermen. They don't have tails and scales, but they are so barbaric and HOT!

description

Mermen, they are hot supernatural men live on a mysterious island ( You can call this bitch island 'El Corazón' the centre of the ocean. This bitch is so cruel
Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈

Read a book with bad reviews.

Pre-Review:
Buddy read with Karly, Heather, and the McHalo girls on January 4th.

Because I cave into peer pressure like that.
Also, abs.

__________________________________

I had to work New Years Eve. And when I was finally off after a long ass day I went to my parent's house to eat pork and sauerkraut and drink a few beers and ring in the New Year. My brother and sister were watching a movie. This movie to be exact.

And I hated it. My brother summed it up perfectly after:
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠

Yes, let's play a game and trick everyone into thinking this is about mermen. It's not.
Well, this sucked. Truly sucked rotting fish guts. What fucking false advertising that cover is. When you see a cover like that, with a half naked man, decked out in rippling abs, you think, "someone is getting lucky." Books with those types of covers always have sexy times in abundance. This book? NO sex . What is that? I'm not reading mermen books for educational purposes, I'm reading for entertaining monst
Dali
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Currently free through 01/07/2019 http://amzn.to/1BOLPD0

A hair-raising, twisty and sultry story. The Rock Star of cliffhangers and thrilling rides is back with a new and unique paranormal series featuring mermen without tails and gills.

Cutthroat billionaire businessman and womanizer Roen Doran is a coldhearted bastard who cares about nothing and no one except his shipping company. So when one of his ships is lost to sea coincidentally close to the island his deceased father has just left him h
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

"We are men of the sea, my dear. Here we live, and here we will die."

Buddy read with the Dust Off Your MacHalo group. Together we swam to waters best left unexplored.

It's rare for me to give a book one star. Most disliked books are good enough for a two-star at least. This one kind of is too, but it kept pissing me off.

We get kudos on the fun (cheesy) title, and the story is actually kind of creative. It's a little preachy in a conservative way, but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was t
Aisling Zena
I don't really know how to rate this stars

Contains minor spoilers

I wasn't planning on writing a review for this but I'm still kinda mad so I decided to write a few lines.

How do you rate a book when it has thoroughly pissed you off? The writing was good and the world created was interesting but it made me mad. Why? It was illogical. Yes, I know I'm reading a fantasy book about Mermen, it's in the title and all. But I do expect the plot or plot reveal to make a modicum of sense. I also expect Merm
Abby
Jan 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What I want to know.....

Why are there laws protecting me from false advertising on food packaging, but not book covers? Which is worse, consuming a few fat grams when eating my favorite fat free snack or not getting sexy times in a book when the cover is all naked torso?

************************************************************ WARNING ALL AUTHORS, PUBLISHERS, COVER DESIGNERS, AND ANYONE ELSE WITH SAY IN BOOK COVERS ************************************************************

When a book cover
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Buddy read with Karly, Jess, and the MacHalo girls on January 4th, aka MY BIRTHDAY.

(view spoiler)

(image from DeviantArt)

FYI, tons of... um, delightful images pop up if you type "merman" into Google. :P

Don't let this image of the fun-loving merman fool you...

I think I can safely say this was the worst birthday BR ever! And not because of my fellow buddy-readers, who are all awesome. No, it was all because of this wretched book.

This book... it's a conundrum. What IS it? I've been
Cathryn
Dec 09, 2015 marked it as reviews-say-no  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: machalo-br
I had every intention of reading this with the lovely MacHalo Ladies and Jess and Karly but then the reviews started coming (unlike anyone in this book apparently). With a title of Mermen and a cover like that there should be SMUT. But according to my friends there is none. On top of that there's some preachy message about saving the ocean. That's it. I'm out.

photo Nope_zpswxhopooy.gif
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
I'm DNF'ing this one fairly early on. I was excited about Mer-men. Tails? Retractable tentacles? Color me disappointed to find out that the Mermen are not actually Mermen just descendants of the glorious Mer people.

And they're all fucking assholes to boot. Not even hot assholes either. Just regular old blahhhhh doucheknuckles. No thanks.

Me and PNR are no longer on good terms. What do I have to do to get some good, realistic and logical PNR? Hmmmm.

1 star for the hottie on the cover. Get your 'D
Stacey is Sassy
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
What will she think of next...

I've had Mermen on pre-order for awhile and as soon as I saw the cover, synopsis and name of the book, my first thought was - I trust Mimi, she pushes my trust sometimes (King), but let's not write this one off till we give it a try. So glad I did, I should never have doubted Mimi. This is an original tale about a young woman named Liv who's the sole survivor of a boat that sinks in a terrible storm . Liv has survived more than 10 days adrift with very little water
Casey
01/06/16 Update:
It would seem the book blurb has now been updated to reflect that the "mermen" in this story are not actual mermen. I'm glad that has been clarified, but where the fuck was that warning before I started this thing.

Original Review:
BuddyRead with my favorite MacHalo Freaks and a few extra brave souls for moral support.

This really isn't even worth a review and in the interest of full disclosure, I stopped reading it at about the 40ish% mark. I rarely ever DNF a book but I knew that
Kira Simion
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-for-free
.5 of a star for the unique idea. I really like ideas that are developed so I didn't really like this one. The Mermen were interesting people on an island but, no information was really given. Yes, they had strange water that healed injuries, but nothing was really explored.

One star for the whole book. It was a nice set up but I didn't like the characters or the "object" attitude towards women. I can get on the "possessive" bus but, this wasn't very interesting. Plain and simple.

1.5 stars.

Also,
Beth
Liv is shipwrecked on an island with caveman like men only to have #1 bachelor of the year, billionaire, Roen Doran come to her rescue. The only problem, mother nature AKA the earth has other plans.

Fast paced, complex plot with a Mermen twist, Mermen is a highly original take on persevering mother earth. I'm a big fan of Mimi Jean Pamfiloff's writing but this story was just a little off for me to get fully on-board.

I received this ARC copy of Mermen from Mimi Jean Pamfiloff in exchange for a ho
Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜
This is the worst sypnosis for a book I think I've ever read...and I've read book synopsis' where they literally just give the plot of a whole book away.

It says I "want to read"this/have read this book...even though that is a big fat lie. I wasn't able to leave a comment on this book without it going under my "want to read"/"read" list...so I'll leave it to that.

Some of my braver friends have already reviewed this book, so read their reviews instead of this...because I'm not touching this shite
Pam
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pam by: Victoria love books
Shelves: 2, freebie
2 stars

I'm going to keep this short, I had way to high of an expectation about this book, I thought I knew what it was all gonna be about and I am so so so sad, it wasn't. Mad at myself, because clearly this book isn't for me.

Dianne
Roen Doran is a self-made man, filthy rich, ruthless in his business handlings and a man who holds himself apart from all others, including his estranged father. When Daddy Dearest dies, he leaves an uncharted island to Roen, which is probably the only thing he doesn’t own until now. So who are the huge and almost feral men on HIS island, telling him to leave or die? Not enough intrigue for you? A lone survivor of a shipwreck comes ashore, a beautiful woman, more dead than alive. Are these Adoni ...more
Marta Cox
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I love this authors work and adored the idea of a new series featuring Mermen that are frankly not the usual fairytale type heroes! No these beautiful and dangerous Mermen are far more likely to cause nightmares. This may be the first of the trilogy but it packs a wallop and now I need more !
Liv has survived a shipwreck only to find herself adrift in a life raft and experiencing hallucinations as she slowly loses her hold on life. Well she's seen it all , her mother, sisters and now yep that's a
Future Slayer Girl
Oh what a tangled web Mrs. Pamfiloff weaves! And here I didn't think it could get anymore twisted than King's story and I was oh so totally wrong. I seriously went into this book like a giddy school kid. I didn't know what I was going to get and what mytho was going to tossed at me and I found that my jaw was on the floor 90% of the time. Roen I liked straight away. I have a habit of liking the broken man, and he's totally not broken in the wrong way, and he quickly does a 180 when he sets his e ...more
Tami
Boring and formulaic. And, really, what's with those seven feet tall guys???

Insta-love heals the seemingly heartless billionaire - stupid, mysterious island.

DNF after 30%.

It was just too silly.
Hannah
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-proudly-own
OMG!! CAUTION: These are not your average fairy tale, fantasy, Barbie, kids cartoon mermen! They are mean, they are vicious, and they are absolute bastards. Also it ends in a cliffhanger, typical Mimi Jean Pamfiloff fashion. Unlike some of her other book this book is strictly in the third person and I love that; and like her other books it’s weird and I love weird. I loved the premise of the book a protected island in the middle of the ocean it’s only inhabitants gorgeous men unfortunately all o ...more
Ruckasaurus Rex
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal romance, lovers of crazy stories, and stalkers of Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
“There is only one way off this island – for a woman, that is. As you’ll see soon enough.” – Mermen by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

I received an advance reader copy of Mermen through NetGalley, and I was just as pleased with the first book in this trilogy as I was with the first King trilogy book. If you are a fan of Mimi, then you know she writes fantastic paranormal romance with an (at times) insane spin. The main characters her works are typically deep and multilayered, and it is easy to find favorite
Pamela
Ten Huge Stars!!!!

Wow! Simply Wow! I love picking up a novel not knowing what I’m really getting into only to find myself blown away. This is by-far not your ordinary paranormal-romance. Instead, it’s a dark, twisted and evil tale of two people who land on an unchartered island that’s been expecting them, an island inhabited by wolves in sheep’s clothing. Nothing is what it seems.

“Mermen” is simply an incredible tale skillfully woven that sucked me in from the very first page. It honestly sur
Sparkymom
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Wow....I really have no idea what to say about what I just experienced. I read and loved this author's King's series, so I knew whatever she did next would likely have awesomely suspenseful super cliffhangers and be completely outside the realm of "normal" thinking. Honestly, when I first read about her Mermen concept I was pretty turned off. I couldn't imagine how I was going to get into a story about guys with tails. I debated even requesting the review copy I was given by Net Galley. I was ju ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate listings 3 23 Feb 26, 2015 12:09PM

• Shifter's Destiny
  • Sagittarius (Cinderella, #3)
  • อกเกือบหักแอบรักคุณสามี
  • Oblivion (Lux, #1.5, 2.5, 3.5)
  • Deadly Contact
  • Deeper (The Underground, #3)
  • Adrenaline Rush (The Capes, #2)
  • Red Hot Dragon (Dragon Heat, #2)
  • Dance Away, Danger (Hanover Haven, #1)
  • Bad Romance (New Adult Romance)
  • Ascendance Trilogy: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne
  • Catspaw (Blackheart #1)
  • Plague Nation (Ashley Parker, #2)
  • Prodigal Son (Truth Seers, #1)
  • Pharaoh's Concubine
  • The Sweet Evil Complete Collection: Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril, Sweet Reckoning
  • Petals and Thorns
  • Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)
Because Mimi wants to focus on writing and her freakin' awesome fans, she does NOT monitor this site. PLEASE GO TO her Facebook
FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MimiJ...

or her website:
www.mimijean.net, and sign up for her newsletter if you want the latest FREEBIES and news!
****
S.F. Native, MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling romance author. Although she obta

The Mermen Trilogy (3 books)
  • MerMadmen (The Mermen Trilogy, #2)
  • Merciless (The Mermen Trilogy, #3)
“Becoming leader of this place had been his calling, but Liv had been his destiny.” 9 likes
“In that moment, lying there on the floor in agony, he realized that was why his feelings for Liv had so drastically changed. Earlier, she had actually gotten up and attacked one of the men, trying to protect him. Him. A complete bastard who never did anything for anyone.” 4 likes