Start by marking “Taming Lo” as Want to Read:

A You and I Novel

I know they think they have me all figured out.
Hell, I thought I knew who I was too.
I'm Lo. Allure's resident wild child.
Dancer at one of the most secretive and exclusive clubs in the country.
I'm not ashamed of who I am.
I like sex. Love it actually.
I get off on getting off and I am not afraid to go for what I want.

I don't do boyfriends.
I don't d
Published August 11th 2015 by Daft Empire

To ask other readers questions about Taming Lo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Lo

Maree Repa
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another marvellous book from a Melissa Toppen. I loved it so much. I thoroughly enjoyed her previous series, You and I. I loved that series so much. It was so lovely to see all the same characters that I so loved too.

The character Lo meaning Lauren Hannock who mets her new boss, Dax Riley. I so enjoyed this book. It did make me teary eyed for both of them. Although I just loved this book!!
Melissa Toppen
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Love Lo from the You and I Series? Well Allure's resident wild child is getting a chance to tell her own story in Taming Lo!
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“His hazel eyes stand out brightly against his handsome face and it takes everything I have to hold my mouth closed and not gape at how attractive he is.”

5 huge fantastic stars!!! I love Lo and I loved this story!! It was hot and definitely had some funny moments!!

A You and I Novel

I know they think they have me all figured out.
Hell, I thought I knew who I was too.
I'm Lo. Allure's resident wild child.
Dancer at one of the most secretive and
Angel
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy for an honest review!

Taming Lo where do i begin? Flipping Fantastic that's where, It's a dual pov which i absolutely love, and a spin off from the You And I series.

Dax is a friend of Bentley's from college and has moved to Chicago to work at Allure.
He's a ladies man, doesn't do relationships. he likes his life just the way it is.

Lo is one of the dancers at Allure she's sexy and confident and comfortable with the way she lives.
she Doesn't ever sleep with the same man twice and k
Hilary
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We all have something in our past that scars us and makes us who we are today. Something that we carry with us, intentionally or unintentionally, everyday and shapes the choices we make. Lo had rules for this exact reason, but when Dax walks into her life she begins to question all of them. She has never had a man make her question her resolve. This really throws Lo through a loop.

Taming Lo is an alluring story that draws you in and begs to be devoured. The sex will cause you to squirm in your
Dena
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lo is a sassy, sexy gal who dances for a living. She doesn’t do boyfriends, commitment or the same man twice. This is her story and we finally see why Lo is the person she is today. Lo has a thing for sexy Dax, he’s inked, sexy and someone who she can’t keep her eyes off of. Dax is the manager at Allure and also Lo’s boss now. Will Lo and Dax be able to see each other without anyone finding out at the club?

“This girl is under my skin. And I have no fucking idea what the hell I am going to do abo
Kelly with Sugar Shack Book Blog
I was given a copy for an honest review.

Honestly I don't even know where to begin. I was so excited to read Lo's (Lauren) story I absolutley fell in love with her from the You and I series, boy oh boy Melissa did not disappoint! I was immediatly wrapped up in this story, it keeps you on your toes the entire time reading!!

Of course the characters were amazing! Lo is honestly one of my favorite female book characters, her spunky attitude combined with her sexiness was a perfect fit! Dax, oh my s
Jos
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars Very good!!! Some Slight SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!

This is the first book I have read by this author and I liked it a lot! I loved Dax and Lo and together they were pretty hot. I really didn't like them each being with other people in those particular 2 scenes, albeit they were not graphic, but ehhhh...... that's not my cup of tea:( I was however glad once they got back together, it was just them:) The latter half when she finally got her head in the game and found what she found at his plac
Jeneane
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow Melissa Toppen manages to write another smoking hot book. Meet Lo she's Allure's wild child stripper. She's a 1 night stand kind of girl who never allows her feeling to come into play with men. Dax is going to be the new manager at Allure and he's a love them and leave them type of man too. The first time these two meet its instant chemistry but both keep it under control until 1 crazy hot night. When these two hook up it's definitely off the charts hot. Can these two resist their attraction ...more
Chianti Summers
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Received an ARC for an honest review. Melissa Toppen has hit a home run with Taming Lo. I loved every moment of this book. Lo is sassy, strong, sexy and knows what she wants. Dax, well he could melt you into a puddle with his words, strength and he is sexy as sin. These two both have walls that they have put up around their hearts and will push people away to keep them there. Chemistry class has nothing on these two and only fireworks can be used to describe the sparks that flew between Lo and D ...more
Erin
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Caro Richard
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have never read this author before so was pleased to dive in!

So, this book starts at a wedding, Lauren (Lo) is a bridesmaid and Dax is a guest…who just happen to be Lo’s new boss at the club, Allure, where she works.

Then…BANG…OMFG..so so HOT…’I may only get you once, but I promise you are going to feel me for days’!!! FAN ME, FAN ME…actually don’t worry about the fan, fetch me some new undies!!! That was it, the moment I knew that I was going to flove this book!!

The story then goes on, they tr
Tobi
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW Its Been Some time When a book has hit home like this.Received as an ARC for Honest review for Melissa Toppen . I fell in Love with Lo (Lauren) early on . She is My Kind of Girl. She is Young Knows What she Wants,How,When and Where... then there is.. DAX ? OMG I get Goose Bumps Just Saying His Name. He Is Hot Hot Hot.... ..And I was On an Emotional high For Page 1....... much Recommended read ,Pivotal, Outstanding,
chris
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. Lo was closed off in her love life for just o e person and this book shows if the right person comes along they can change that.
Lesley Badham
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved the "You and I" Series and really liked Lo's character from there, so when i saw that there was a book about her and Dax. I had to read it.
Heather Cavanaugh
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lauren (Lo) is a dancer at an exclusive club Allure she had only three rules….
“I don’t do boyfriends
I don’t do commitment
I don’t do the same man twice.”
Those are the rules she lives by now after the horrific thing that happened to her when she was a teenager. She doesn’t trust anyone and she doesn’t share anything about her past. She ran from her home to start fresh leaving behind her family.

Dax is college buddies with Bentley the owner of Allure. He is being brought in from Miami to manage
reading the sheets
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Taming lo is a spin off from the you and I series,its told in a dual pov.It can bread as a standalone.
Lo is a dancer at Allure, shes happy with her life,no boyfriends,no commitment,no love,one night stands all the way never going back for more.Shes strong but broken by her past.
Dax has just moved from Chicago he also works at Allure,and is also her new boss, like Lo he doesnt do love,relationships and hes quite happy with his lot.Hes sexy,funny and has a sensitive side too.Hes also got a past he
Melanie Adkins
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lo lives by her own rules and those that don't like, well tough. She's wild and impulsive. Sweet and caring. She also works as a dancer at Allure. One of most prestigious underground clubs. Everyone thought they knew best for her, but did they really know Lo? They'll all find out when her past comes calling.
Dax doesn't do close. He doesn't let any woman in. His rules of life are firm, sorta. His temperature rises each time he gets near Lo. She is so hot, he just wants to kiss her once. Wait, D
Shameca Smith
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Taming Lo was an amazing book. I was excited to read Lauren's story because I fell in love with her from the You & I series. This book had me turning page after page, and locking myself in my office to finish!

Lauren left home because of something terrible that happened to her in high school. Her parents didn't believe her, and she felt lost after that. She is currently working at Allure, and is a pro at one night stands. That is until she meets her new boss and he makes her question all of t
Heavenly
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have received an ARC of this sexy book from the Author in exchange for an honest review.

It was my first book by Melissa and she was introduced to me by one of my bookie friends. I decided to take part in reading ARC and OH MY GOD! I'm so glad I did! I so one-clicked all her books!

I haven't met Lo before and I loved her straight away. She is sexy, confident and she knows what she wants. Or rather what she doesn't want. Complications. Boyfriends. Relationships. She doesn't need it.

On the other
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
This book is a spinoff novel of The You and I Series but can be read as a standalone.
I confess I haven't read the series yet but after reading Taming Lo I cant wait to start it!
I loved the writing, the dual POV is a plus because you get to know exactly what they are feeling and thinking.
The story is amazing! Lo is a broken woman, damaged by her past and what I like to call an S woman: strong, sassy and sexy! She don't take bullshit from anyone and when she meets Dax sparks fly everywhere! Their
Raquel
Loved the "You and I" series and really liked Lo's character from there, so when I saw that there was a book about her and Dax I had to read it.

This is a 3 stars that I liked and enjoyed but didn't love as much as the other books from the You and I series. The story felt a bit too predictable. In a way as I was reading I never felt bored and I wanted to see how it would end etc, but at the same time everything was quite predictable and the story itself was very average .

Still not bad for a quic
Kym
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic story from Melissa. I loved Lo & Dax' journey to falling in love. Love all the up's & downs to getting their H.E.A. While this book frustrated the hell out of me, I loved every bit of it. Loved the roller coaster I was on. It's steamy, frustrating, brings tears to your eyes & I even got a few laughs. Loved having Anna & Bentley in it too. Melissa is definitely one of my favourite authors.
Strausbaugh Lesley
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Taming Lo was probably my favorite story I loved how she was a wild child and set rules to her sex life and she was never to have sex with a guy twice she never broken her rules until Dex. Dex also had his own rules and it was never to kiss a girl that's until he met Lo. Dex and Lo never saw love coming it snuck right up on the both of them. They struggled trying to figure out life and realized they couldn't live without one another. They end up back together and finally marry
Crimson Grey
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book contained everything that to me was missing from the You and I series. Told from both H/h's POV gives the characters such depth. This book however felt rushed to me, especially the ending. The author tried to fit into one book what she did in 3 books, but left some of my favorite details out. Taming Lo is still a very hot book. The chemistry between Dax and Lauren is crazy hot. Also we get to still see our favorite couple Anna and Bentley.
Julie Schalm
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Hotness !

I am a huge fan of Melissa writing she sucks you in & you can't put the book down ! Lo is such an amazing leading lady you feel what she is feeling . Dax is totally swoon worthy make you want to whip off your panties & say yes please ! This book has them breaking there rules but is it enough? This a must read full of laughter, tears, romance & steamy sex scenes .. ps . I want to be a stripper in my next life haha !!
Roxs Reads
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. Although it is a stand alone, I loved that it also brings Anna and Bentley into the mix to finish off their left over story. Perhaps 4 stars is not fair but I have done that because I found the book too short. I would have like to had a bit more character development and sexual tension :).
Anita Shofner
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot, sexy, sweet, painful. I loved this book. The sex was hot, the story was bittersweet and painful at times. Melissa Toppen rocked it with this book. loved it!!
Robin Shawn
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to Lo's story and this didn't disappoint.
Mom to 2 cuties
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

This is an easy read. About 230 pages. It is short end sweet and to the point. A cute love story rest follows Lo who is Anna's friend from the You and I trilogy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Dark Angel Series Box Set (The Dark Angel #1-4)
  • Music of the Heart: Runaway Train, The Complete Series (Runaway Train, #1-4)
  • Tiger Lily Part Three (Tiger Lily, #3)
  • The Maxwell Series Boxed Set (Maxwell, #1-3)
  • First Class Stamp (First Class Novels, #8)
  • Table 10: Part 1 (Table 10, #1)
  • Made to Love
  • Cheap and Classy (Hide Your Crazy #2)
  • Choose You (Billionaire Brothers #3)
  • When Fates Align (Fates, #3)
  • The Never Series Box Set (Never, #1-3)
  • Twenty One (Love by Numbers, #2)
  • Freeing Him (Hart Brothers #2)
  • Unhinged (The Encounter #2)
  • The Winning Bid (The Auction Series #1)
  • Burning Attraction (Cassie, #1)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Promise Me Forever (Promise Me, #1.5)
Melissa is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Author of New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Connect with Melissa Toppen