Start by marking “Motocross Me” as Want to Read:
Motocross Me

Motocross Me

(Motocross Me #1)

When Hana Fisher moves to the small town of Mixon, Texas to live with her dad, she dreads having to work at the boring pile of dirt he fondly calls a motocross track. But when she gets there, she finds the rinky-dink dirt bike track from her childhood has grown into the most respected racing track in the state.

Now popular by association, Hana endures the pain and sweat of
Published (first published June 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Motocross Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motocross Me

Start your review of Motocross Me
~Tina~
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ~Tina~ by: Itching for Books-Blog Tour

Motocross Me, starts off with Hana on the road after a fight with her mom and not sure where to go next. She ends up in the town of Mixon at her dad's house hoping that she isn't intruding on his new family. But as it turns out they're thrilled to see her and invite her to spend the summer and even work with her dad at the Motocross Park- the dirt bike track. Not wanting to deal with her irresponsible mother and her new fiance, she accepts.
Hana remembers the track from when she was
Lauren (My Expanding Bookshelf)
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 4-star, romance, sports
So, I enjoyed Motocross Me far more than I ever expected to! Which isn't bad for someone who hated being dragged across the country to her brother's various motocross races. But, Motocross Me is such an adorable, and frankly quite interesting, read that I couldn't help but enjoy it. It's such a quick, easy read and I just raced through it.

Motocross Me is set at Mixon Motocross Track so, obviously, perfect for a book about motocross. But, I loved that Hana didn't enjoy being at the track, to
Jessica Brooks
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie, books-i-haves
He’s tall with shaggy blond hair and muscular arms. He’s holding a twenty-dollar bill. He’s muscular. And he’s holding a twenty--wait, I already said that.

Motocross Me couldn’t have been released at a better time--it is cute, funny, and has competition and romance—it’s the perfect summer read. I’ve been looking for something a little different lately, and Motocross Me fit the bill. Let’s go over a few reasons for this, shall we?

1. Hot guys?
Check.
2. Interesting, not overused setting?
Check.
3. MC
Chu
Hana couldn't believe her luck after she ran away from her mother and stumbled across her father's motocross track at Nixon. She got two riders wanting her attention. Whose side are you on? Are you on Team Ash or Team Ryan?

some_text

#TeamASH!!!
I'm not a fan of men with dreadlocks. But who can not love Ash? He got me the moment he graciously accepted Hana's rejection - it's what gentlemen do, right?

I love how humble he is although he's one of the fastest in Nixon, how he adores and cares for his family,
Jessica
3.5/5 stars

Ok, who remembers that movie on Disney Channel about motocross? Motocrossed? I loved that movie. So, when I read the summary of this book I had to be a part of the tour. I really enjoyed this book. I loved learning more about motocross and I think it had some really great lessons to go along with it. This is a young adult novel and there is definitely some teen drama involved.

The story is about Hana, a girl who escapes to her dad's for the summer as she is fighting with her mother.
*Ritzrenee*
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You should read this book like now.

What an adorable book to kick start the month! I had a really good laugh at those silly monologues and ridiculous advances by Hana. This book brings loads of memories from my younger teenage years and it really reflects the typical yet amusing behaviour of a girl in love.

A pretty cute scene among Hana, Molly(Hana's stepmother) and Shelby(Hana's friend) when they were donning themselves up!

“What is wrong with us?” I demand. “Molly, you look hot. And Shelby you
Adriane Marshall
I got the info for Motocross me at an interesting time. See, our county has a horse track, and it is basically in the middle of a neighborhood. The horse track has been struggling and one of the things that they are looking to do is to bring in a motorcycle race to make some money. As you can imagine, people are not overly crazy about this. I probably would have chosen to read this book anyway, but it just kind of fit with one of the current issues going on in my community.

Anyway… Hana is a cute
Melissa Anderson
I have been around motocross for a good part of my life, and this book made me want to sit in the miserable heat and be around all that dirt, well it made me want to be a flagger at a race, it made me want to dress in cute shorts and prance around the track that is so close to my house I can sit on my porch and hear the bikes, to go look at all those cute guys in rider pants and boots and no shirts!!! It made me miss the track, thank you for making me remember all the fun things about all the ...more
Robot
Sep 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
DNF at 52%.

This is one of the few books that had a character that pissed me off so much I couldn't enjoy the rest of the book. Hana is shallow, immature and a bit of a mean girl and that does not work for me. Her attitude is just not very consistent. And I also got a tad confused about her brother - at one point he's 13 and then he's somewhere around 9 (or maybe I read it wrong?)

Kimberley Chalk
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I ride motocross myself and this story was so right for me! its a really good book for anyone to read, and as I would know, its so true as well! great book, loved it!
Cassie
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book.. Just wanted to keep on reading it. Definitely recommend it.
Dianne
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Also posted at Oops! I Read A Book Again*

Thank you to Shane of Itching for Books Blog Tours and Cheyanne for the eARC! Of course, this in no way affected my opinions about the book and all I'll ever say here are my own honest opinions. So let's rev this review up!

I don't know if I just missed it or my dirty mind working (the title... never mind) or that because it's all I read recently but I thought this was a contemporary NA novel. So I was pretty shocked to know it's actually YA! What a
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, audio-book-2016
This was such a fun read!

Full review here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...

This. Book. Is. Adorable. It is such a fun read that I’m sorry I didn’t read it sooner.

This is the story of Hana Fisher and her life after she moves to a small Texas town after leaving the big city. Hana is very upset with her mother’s upcoming fifth marriage so she chooses to live with her dad and step family in Mixon, Texas. Hana’s father owns the town’s local dirt bike track and knows that she will be forced to
Once
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book right from the beginning to the end. Have you ever met two boys in your life where your head tells you to be with the handsome rich bad boy but your heart is telling you to pick the unique cute poor boy. But you keep going back to the bad boy when you know you have a future with the unique cute poor boy.

Well that is what happens with Hana the main character in this book. Hanna ends up having a fight with her mother because her mother is getting married for like the
Kelley
The Setting - This has to be one of my favorite settings in a book ever! I love motocross (in the past I raced bmx which is bicycle motocross, so being at a track and in this atmosphere is second nature to me.) When I saw the title for this book, I knew immediately I would have to read it. I thank Cheyanne Young for bringing this setting into the beautiful pages of a book. For those that are afraid that they may not be able to follow this story because of the setting don't fear, the main ...more
Pixie/PageTurners Blog(Amber) C.
I was a little nervous about reading this book. It was the first time I actually knew the author before reading the story; Cheyanne is a good friend of one of my friends- Seriously, what if I didn't like the book? I am so glad I ended up loving Motocross Me! It's a unique and realistic young love story. Perfect summer read! I think the premise would make a great plot for a TV show. I know, I would watch it for Ash alone.

Hana Fisher has had it up to here with her mom's drama - so, she packs up
Mary H
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another book that I wasn't quite sure what to expect going in, but I was hooked by the blurb. I gotta say, I really liked it.I thought it was cool that Cheyanne featured different kinds of families and that for once, the stepmom was awesome! I found myself really attached to the characters...at least most of them because there are two major characters that are just horrible. Not that it's bad writing, but just they are awful as people and I wanted to punch them.

Who did I not want to
Em (The Book Butterfly)
I was hesitant starting this one.....It sounded cute, but I was unsure about it.

And I ended up reading it in one sitting.
The plot is a fresh take on contemporary, with Motocross being a big element. You don't read many books these days that have that as an big element, let alone an element at all.
The story follows a girl who has a fight with her Mom, so she decides to drive down to stay with her Dad, Stepmom, and their son for a while.
Her Dad owns one of the most successful and popular
Aussie bookworm
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, y-a
At first when I started reading this the protagonist, annoyed me, Hana was Immature, Selfish and Materialistic, But then what teenager isn’t. We meet Hanna while she is running away from her mother and her new boyfriend to live with her father, stepmother and their son. Hana’s father owns a Motocross park, which Hanna quickly starts working at. Through her Job she meets new friends and love Interests. Ryan is sexy, rich, smooth and a great motocross rider, I instantly disliked Ryan I found him ...more
Ari
Sep 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first 30% of it but the rest was kind of 'meh'.

I wanted something cute, fan, romantic.. but this story was in fact a bit silly.
The MC is too shallow for my taste, she only cares about appearances, and she is really easy to fool.
The guys she is interested in - I wouldn't like either of them (view spoiler)
Stephanie
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
When i first read the description of the book Motocross Me by Cheyanne Young, I knew it would be a perfect book for me. When I finally got my hands on it, I was right about how great the story actually was. Not only did I learn about motocross as a sport, but I learned that everyone makes mistakes every now and then and life is about trial and error. This book also shed light on the fact that, even if a boy has the perfect looks, his personality may not be as perfect, and in the end it’s the ...more
April
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I began Motocross Me I did not know what to expect because I do not know anything about motocross. I learned somethings about the sport along with Hana. The budding relationships between Hana and Ryan then Hana and Ash were intriguing and typical teenage relationships. I loved Ash because he seemed deeper and more sophisticated emotionally than the average teenage boy. Ryan provided the perfect foil in that as a reader you immediately recognized him as the conceited jerk that he is. I ...more
Brenna
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Motocross Me was simply wonderful! I really enjoyed the storyline. Even though I'm not a fan of dreadlocks Ash still stole my heart with his blue eyed yummy goodness! I love how he is towards Hana. Even though Hana is oblivious sometimes with his feelings towards her she still realizes he's the best for her in the end! A must read for YA book lovers!

Few of my favorite lines from Ash:
'My first win won't be any fun unless you're
there to come home with me.'

'You're wrong. It's the perfect time.'

I
Angie
Jul 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
1.5 stars, DNF at 10%

I really wanted to like this book, but I just couldn't connect with Hana and thereby the rest of the story. She seemed too shallow and young to me, and everyone else felt forced and somewhat fake. The writing also came off as stilted, maybe because it was written in present-tense. And in the end, not even the description of the overly "muscular and hot" Ryan peaked my interest enough to keep me reading. Overall: disappointed.
Kayla
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I grew up going to a motocross track almost every summer weekend. it was a lot of fun and having family who raced made it worth going. (Not to mention the good-looking racers that showed up to the track as well.)

I liked how Hana changed throughout the story and I just adored Shelby(and Ash). It was well written with only a few little missing words here and there.
Christina
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this YA book. It has all the elements that a YA book should have: a likeable main character, good dialogue that kept me engaged throughout the entire story, and of course, a love interest :) Plus the MC got to learn something at the end of her journey in Motocross Me. It's a great summer read and I recommend it to lovers of young adult fiction.
Sophia
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Four words: Great author. Great book.
Nancy Young
Fun and exciting - could not put it down!
Jamie
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! So much that I literally couldn't put it down, finished it the same day I started it...
Claire
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Wasn't sure about reading this as its for a younger reader but did motocross myself as a teenager and needed a light hearted read. Really enjoyed it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Summer Unplugged (Summer Unplugged, #1)
  • Winter Untold (Summer Unplugged, #3)
  • Autumn Unlocked (Summer Unplugged, #2)
  • My Bittersweet Summer
  • Spring Unleashed (Summer Unplugged, #4)
  • Maybe This Time
  • The Bad Boy's Girl  (The Bad Boy's Girl #1)
  • The Deal (Arranged Book 1)
  • Take Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire #1)
  • Believe in Summer (Jett #5)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • Hold Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #2)
  • Tough Luck Hero (Copper Ridge, #5)
  • Want Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #5)
  • Need Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #6)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Last Chance Rebel (Copper Ridge, #6)
  • Seduce Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #3)
Cheyanne Young is a native Texan with a fear of cold weather and a coffee addiction that probably needs an intervention. She loves books, sarcasm, and collecting nail polish. After nearly a decade of working in engineering, Cheyanne now writes books for young adults. She doesn’t miss a cubicle one bit.

Cheyanne lives near the beach with her family, one spoiled rotten puppy, and a cat that is most

Motocross Me (2 books)
  • Supercross Me
“I hate studying and I hate partying. But I'm okay with motocross. And muscles.

Motocross and Muscles. Now that should be a Lifetime movie.”
7 likes
“He's tall with shaggy blond hair and muscular arms. He's holding a twenty-dollar bill. He's muscular. And he's holding a twenty--wait, I already said that.” 2 likes