Start by marking “When Two Rivers Meet” as Want to Read:
When Two Rivers Meet

When Two Rivers Meet

A Clean Romance

Almost four years after coming out into society as an accomplished young woman, Miss Lilyanna Crosgrove has become tired with her way of life at Heatherhill, the stately home she lives in right outside of Bath. Her mother decides what Lilyanna does and whom she speaks with each day. And when Lilyanna comes to discover what she wishes for most in life, as wel
Paperback, First Edition, 303 pages
Published February 25th 2015 by Draft Horse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about When Two Rivers Meet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Two Rivers Meet

Start your review of When Two Rivers Meet
Jessie
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was right to fall in love with this book :)
Lilyanna has been out in society in Bath for four years. She has a demanding mother, who criticizes her often, and tells her that the only way she'll ever get a husband is to hide her flaws. When Lilyanna meets Elijah Bainbridge, she starts questioning her mother's advice. She feels like she can really be herself with him. As a character, she reminds me of Katherine from Northanger Abbey, without the over active imagination. She's kindhearted and hone
I always appreciate a clean historical romance, but this one was a little too boring. The rendering of the h's mother was also one-faceted. I'm sorry to say I didn't like this one.
Kathy
Sweet Regency Romance

I was excited to receive a review copy of When Two Rivers Meet and couldn’t wait to get started. I enjoyed Ms. Hathaway’s first book and since Regencies are a weakness of mine, I knew I would enjoy this one as well.

I thought this was a sweet, pleasant read. Lilyanna is trying hard to be a dutiful, perfect daughter. Unfortunately, her mother has rather high, unobtainable expectations. As Lilyanna starts to receive the attention of two very different gentlemen she realizes she
Chrissy
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I liked it and I thought the romance was fun and clean. I liked both our main characters, but I thought it was a little too long. I wanted a bit more suspense or another plot line, I guess. If you like romantic regencies, this would be a good one.
Carol Guthrie
Lillyanna is a great character, but too timid for words. She has apparent difficulty looking people in the eye, which is weird since she tries "so hard" to obey her mother. Only servants were known to have that issue to show respect for their employers. I can't imagine that her mother would have encouraged that trait. I believe that I would have enjoyed this story had it been a short novella. The premis of the novel truly has a goal, but the book takes a circuitous and sometimes painfully slow r ...more
Donna Crane
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable

Not at all the usual romance, but very good and worthwhile reading. The personalities, good and bad, are strongly filled out. While we quickly hate Lillyanna's mother, she gets a nod of understanding for the cause of her miserable temperament. H & h are delightful. Happy ever after assured.
rob
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

I truly enjoyed this book and even though there were trying times it ended beautifully. I look forwards to reading more books.
Sarah Southerland
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute & clean romance. Well written by the author. A Regency romance but not the usual storylines. ...more
Patricia
Jan 31, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I made it to 12% and nothing seemed to be happening. I just couldn’t say engaged. DNF.
Kristina
Rating: 4 stars

This was a well written, clean, regency romance. The book centred around Lilyanna Cosgrove, an 19 year old English lady, and her relationships with her controlling mother and the man she longed to be with, Elijah Bainsbridge.

Lilyanna was raised by her mother. Her father Mr Cosgrove, since his marriage to her mother, committed most of his time to serving his country as a captain in the navy. Her mother was unhappy with her marriage. She felt unloved and unimportant. Due to her lac
Marinda Moss
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ugh! This book made me giggle like a little girl. I tried hiding the smile on my face so my husband wouldn't see me smiling as I read... It didn't work... I couldn't help it. Ha. It was a good, clean book, but realistic as well. It's a regency, but really unique, I've never read another one like it. I laughed out loud more than once during it. So funny! Not only is the main character lovable, but Mr. Elijah Bainbridge... Whoo doggy. He'd make any girl blush. Well done, Deborah on another one of ...more
Vicki Copeland
Clean, but lacking in plot and depth of character

I always appreciate a clean read and this was free of graphic scenes, but Ms. Hathaway needs a better editor. Her sentence construction was often awkward and there were quite a few grammatical errors in the book. Character development was hampered by limited vocabulary and unsophisticated writing. As a young, inexperienced writer, she apparently needs the guidance of an experienced editor. I hope she will continue to develop her writing skills.
Cheri
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A clean regency romance! My favorite genre.

I love a book that pulls me in and is well written and this book was one that did that. I love regency and enjoyed this story so much. Keep writing Deborah Hathaway, I can't wait for the next book!
Ann
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It kept my interest and intrigue. It is full of heart. It is romantic, yet clean. The main characters are full of integrity but real. I highly recommend this book. It is a page turner. Wonderful.
Tanairy
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful story, i enjoyed every second of it!
Alissa
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Alissa by: Ann
A sweet romance. So frustrating how little control a young woman had over her life during this time! It's always fun to read a book by a local author.
Helen
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the very first page it drew me in. I enjoyed that there are so many characters to love and make me cry. I couldn't stop reading it. I would certainly recommend this book.
Donna
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: vintage, romance
Too slow for me
Kori Gammon
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
That mom is awful...its like she doesn't want her daughter to have a happy marriage since she doesn't. Love the chemistry between Elijah and Lilyanna.
Kathryn
Nov 17, 2019
Patti Wolff
May 07, 2019
Camille
This is a cute story, albeit one that's unfortunately a bit slow so far. It's one I'm enjoying enough that I'm interested in finishing it at some point, but at 30% completion I'm realizing I'm not in the mood for it at this time. I'll return to it when I am, as I do want to see how everything plays out. :)
Sydney Russell
Clean Romance fro...: New Clean Regency Romance 1 6 Mar 13, 2015 10:14AM
Regency Era Novels: New Clean Regency Romance 1 29 Mar 13, 2015 10:12AM
Clean Reads: *New* Clean Regency Romance 1 20 Mar 13, 2015 10:07AM
Clean Romances: New Clean Regency Romance 1 15 Mar 13, 2015 10:03AM

• The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • A Noble Pursuit: A Regency Romance
  • Seeing Mary  (Dalton Family)
  • Engaging Sir Isaac (Inglewood #4)
  • The Reluctant Guardian  (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love #2)
  • To Con a Gentleman (Dalton Family #1)
  • To Catch A Suitor (Dalton Family #2)
  • Duke of Knight (Gentlemen of Knights, #1)
  • Inheriting Trouble  (Bequest #1)
  • Goodwill for the Gentleman (Belles of Christmas, #2)
  • A Heart in the Balance
  • Fall from Trace (London League #5)
  • Penny's Yuletide Wish  (Branches of Love #7)
  • Among Sand and Sunrise (An American Heiress #3)
  • The Road Through Rushbury (Seasons of Change, #1)
  • In Pursuit of a Gentleman (Forever After Retellings, #6)
  • Hazelhurst (Families of Dorset #4)
  • The Jewels of Halstead Manor (Ladies of Devon Book 1)
Deborah M. Hathaway graduated from Utah State University with a bachelor's degree in English and an emphasis in Creative Writing. As a young girl, she devoured Jane Austen's novels while watching and re-watching every adaptation of Pride & Prejudice she could, entirely captured by all things Regency and romance.

Throughout her life, she wrote many short stories, poems, and essays, but it was not un

News & Interviews