Start by marking “Stay for Me (These Three Words, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stay for Me (These Three Words, #1)

Stay for Me

(These Three Words #1)

One night to finally make it right before it all gets torn apart…

Two years ago, best friends Emma Chester and Sam Jason tried being intimate.
Due to Sam’s massive size, it didn’t work. Embarrassed, they did their best to move on. Now the day has come where Emma must suspend Sam as a dancer at the club they work at, awakening the buried pain of that one night.

Sam has seen
Published February 16th 2015 by Evernight Publishing (first published February 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Stay for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay for Me

S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Emma and Sam have been friends for a long time, best friends. They tried to be more once but it didn't work out so well....in the sex department. He is working as a stripper at Club Mantasy, while she manages the dancers. They are constantly together and her feelings have never lessened for him, she still wants Sam but can they make it work physically between them?

I liked the premise of the story, the execution was a li
Johanna Sawyer
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: april-read
Thanks Wicked Reads for a free book to read and review.

Sultry book. It played out on the flip side. Instead of a woman stripping for money,.....have mercy it's a man! It was an interesting point of view, and the execution was poor. Instead of hot sex scenes,...we got wordy paragraphs. Sam and Emma tried out the sexual relationship but apparently Sams large penis size made it hard on Emma.....The idea was cute but needed more erotica for the topic. Overall entertainment is three stars.
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

This had promise, but for some reason didn't just quite hit the spot for me. I liked the idea, even the plot, but somehow the leads were not sufficiently real in my mind. Although they had history, I wasn't convinced of the chemistry. Interesting read due to the spotlight being turned on a male stripper, female manager.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Mary
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I really enjoyed the premise of this book, but I felt that it didn't quite deliver. The chemistry between Emma and Sam just wasn't there for me.

The heat factor in this book is there but not off the charts.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Kate Hutchinson
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Angela Goodrich
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Stay for Me was an enjoyable read about two friends overcoming emotional and physical obstacles so that they could take that final step to move past friendship into more. Because Ms. Flores made it clear that Sam and Emma had been the closest of friends for over a decade and having spent a lot of the time living together as Emma’s parents took Sam in when he was 13, their history was built into the story so that the reader i
Jody
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Fans of the friends to lovers theme will find themselves drawn to this story's premise of two people forming an intense connection with each other after Sam came to live with Emma and her family when they were teens. They loved him unconditionally and his love for her, and admiration for them, made him want to repay them all which leads to a life-altering decision to become a stripper which is further complicated when she becomes his boss. These conflicting roles lead to intense sexual frustrati ...more
Miriam
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure if I'd like this book. The size of a man's cock isn't usually an issue in fiction. It might be in real life, but fiction?

Yet Ms. Flores approached it with an onslaught of emotion and thoughts from Emma that made my indecision melt away.

Emma's fear of not being able to handle Sam's girth bled off the pages. It wasn't fleeting; it was consuming. Along with that fear was the thought of losing Sam for good if they tried again. I don't know if I would have tried again, but I sure as hel
Gaele
The first in a new series, this novella was set with some promising options. Long term friends Emma and Sam shared an uncomfortable night of passion, leaving them both a little embarrassed for trying.

Now, Emma manages a male strip review at Club Mantasy and Sam is one of the dancers. These two have remained friends, and while Emma wants to reengage the more personal sexual relationship, Sam’s endowments and the issues of the failed attempt hold her back.

One last night before Sam leaves the clu
Alexa Nichole Demers
Emma and Sam have been best friends since she brought him home one night after school. And since that day Emma has been in love with Sam. Both of been trying to keep their feelings hidden until they couldn’t anymore. Emma and Sam tried to cross the line but they jumped back over when Emma gets hurt when they try to be intimate. Now two years later Emma can feel Sam slip away and she doesn’t know if she can let him go. She still loves him and wants to try again.

While I had some problems with this
Cara Ross
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I honestly didn't known what to expect from Stay For Me, but what I got was amazing.

This is a story about Sam and Emma. Best Friends and failed lovers. They have long been best friends and each others family, they are the total opposite, Sam is well built... all over and Emma is a petite little thing, and after their one attempt at becoming more than friends ending in horrible pain for Emma, they moved on with their friendship, but their sexual tension grew more each day.

Then one night Sam
Cathy
In "Stay For Me", we meet Sam and Emma - best friends since they were young. At one time, they tried to move on from best friends to lovers but it didn't work out. However, that didn't diminish their feelings and both want to try again but are hesitant to tell the other. I liked both of the main characters - Sam was so sweet and protective and caring of Emma. Emma is kind and thoughtful and nurturing of others. I liked the two of them together. Unfortunately, the storyline itself was a bit of a ...more
The Suburban Eclectic
Apr 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Two years for BFFs to get together again because he's too beacoup?
Hmm, I could think of worse problems to have, nonetheless there's more things going wrong than anatomy arrangement. Despite the sweet characters this story never got off the ground for me. Disconnected, and disjointed. Perhaps if the story were played for laughs or more insight I could get on board. Missed opportunity.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
I have to say that I enjoyed the change of pace reading about a male stripper as there are certainly enough stories about female strippers. The storytelling was done very well, for a novella the characters had personalities that I quickly was engaged in.

Amy Miller
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of the story and the characters are enjoyable but I would have liked a little more or a little bit longer.
Half Pint
Bambi Unbridled
rated it did not like it
Mar 19, 2015
Carlene
Feb 16, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lucia
Lori Meehan
Joey Ross
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Apr 15, 2015
Carlene Love Flores is a big fan of the stars (especially Orion), honest music (especially Depeche Mode), and the ocean (especially at sunset). These things inspire her intimate style of romance writing. She feels honored to be a member of Washington DC Romance Writers (WRWDC) and The Waterworld Mermaids. Carlene currently lives in the San Diego area where she can often be found listening to live ...more