Start by marking “Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1)

Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  26,438 Ratings  ·  1,665 Reviews

The most valuable lesson Emerson Moore ever learned was from her parents: Never get too attached to someone else. That’s why this hard-partying college student plays by her own code of bedroom conduct, refusing to stay with the same guy for too long. She gets all the pleasure of having a good time without the messiness of a relationship.. So what if frat house–hopping has

Published April 7th 2015 by Montlake Romance (first published May 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Broken Rules, please sign up.

Christy

5 ‘OMG I LOVED this book’ stars!!! :D

Before starting this review- I just want to say this book was AMAZING, FANTASTIC! I just loved it! A HUGE thanks to the author, Kimberly Lauren for providing me with an arc :D

photo 6ee2b93a-1448-4467-b195-2d5701289ab4_zpsd298651a.jpg

Emerson Moore knows who she is...
One thing I know for sure and have come to terms with- I’m the school slut.

Em is a junior at college. After tragically losing both of her parents at 15, she has learned not to get close to anyone. You will just get hurt in the end. The only exceptio
Candace
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...a narrator can make or break a story. This book is a prime example of a pretty good story that became a mediocre listening experience, solely because the male main characters voice was so bad that I wanted to cover my ears. By all accounts, he should have been a very sexy character. However, I'm pretty sure the narrator for his character made my ovaries shrivel up.

If you can overlook horrible narration or, better yet, you choose to read the story vs.
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
May 12, 2013 Akanksha❤ Søren♰ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want to read something cute and are a college romance fan! :D
4.5 Stars~

I have the biggest stupidest grin on my face; This book was just... *deep breath* ... *sigh* ... AMAZING. I am a major sucker for college romance books and this novel hit spot on!

I mean books like these are the ones which just make the heart melt and make a girl blush and giggle and fall in love.

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant debut novel.. Its so nice to read such a normal book with this whole BDSM era thingie on.. (I mean its nice the bdsm novels, but its get too much at a point of t
Aestas Book Blog

First, here's my casting:

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ** 4.5 stars!

SQUEEE!!! Bad boy fans, you're going to love this book!!

Beautiful Broken Rules was a wonderfully addictive and romantic read with a bad boy hero who I promise you will fall for! There was heaps of swoon, awesome banter, and a delicious kind of angst that made my heart race and kept me flipping pages. Once I started, I could not put it down!

I had been in such a reading funk the last few days. I'd started and stopped so many books t
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance/College

LOVED IT! New Adult at its finest!

‘One thing I know for sure and have come to terms with– I’m the school slut. I hate that word; but sometimes it is what it is, or in my situation, I am what I am. I like guys, all kinds of them and lots of them. College has been the perfect setting for being able to meet so many. Since I have no desire for a relationship whatsoever, I sleep around. S
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

Emerson Moore is the school slut. She knows it and accepts it, because its the truth...
She likes it that way, have a good time, no expectations and a guaranteed good time.

Emerson:

She has Rules:

"I have three rules: never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship (when this isn't disclosed to me, it is not my fault), and finally, never sleep with someone more than three times."

The rules have been set to avoid demons from her past..

He
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Beautiful Stars!!!!

If you are a fan of angsty and steamy NA, drop everything you're doing and read this book! Seriously! I am still flabbergasted that this is a debut novel. I kept going back to the author's page several times to make sure I didn't miss something. WOW!

Emerson Moore is the school slut. But she does have a few standards when it comes to hooking up.
Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship, and finally, neve
Danielle
“One thing I know for sure and have come to terms with: I’m the school slut.”

Well, that’s a hell of a start, right?

Beautiful Broken Rules is one of those books that gets dusty (figuratively) on my tbr. It was sitting there forever, and, for some reason, I always debate a long while (in blonde time about 35 seconds) before adding a book to my tbr, so that I don’t have a million books to wade through—but I still have an endless list I don’t ever plan on reading. It should be a real diagnosis; it
Lisa Jayne
May 15, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 BREAKING THE RULES STARS.

description

A likeable slut? Who would have thought.

Readers let me introduce you to Emerson 'Em' Moore ~ pretty, intelligent, popular and yes the ermm college slut. She battles with the concept of a long term arrangement after being scarred by her parents unfortunate separation, nasty divorce and eventual heartache. Nobody will break down those walls she's built around her heart. See she's got it all figured out, she's got rules. Things were in place, people knew where she stood,
Anna
May 13, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for college-aged angst
~ 5 gorgeous **BLUE EYES BRING HAPPINESS AS DEEP AS THE SEAS** ~

JAXON

I LOVED this book! it had me girl-fanning and all kinds of WORKED UP !

Emerson

The girl I loved to HATE

NOT the usual female lead. She's a self-proclaimed slut and she has three rules she lives by:
1) Never Sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for
2) Never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship
3) Never sleep with someone more than three times

YEAH.....so this is where the title of the books begins to make sense
Jennifer Kyle
May 09, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
”I really hope I don’t screw this up..”

description

Emerson Moore follows three simple rules to protect herself from attachments and heart break:

Rule 1~“Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for”
Rule 2~ “Never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship.”
Rule 3 ~ “Never sleep with someone more than three times.”

You see, her parents’ death left her so broken that she protects/guards herself from getting too attached to guys and vice versa. Unlike a lot of main characters that I have rea
.Lili.
May 13, 2013 .Lili. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Beautiful Disaster
Beautiful Broken Rules is the story of Emerson, the school slut, and Jaxon, the tattooed hottie. From the beginning there is an instant physical attraction.
 photo tumblr_lhtw8tm1lT1qgjxn6o1_500_zpsbcee7b7a.gif

The each have three rules.
Hers:
1. I don't sleep with anyone my friends like.
2. I don't sleep with anyone's boyfriend.
3. I never sleep with anyone more than three times.

His:
1. Be silly.
2. Be honest.
3. Be kind.

They have both suffered the loss of a parent (in her case both of them) and in her case is still learning to cope with the loss.
 photo tumblr_lfp84xaTH91qc2zhdo1_500_zpsde70e0a3.gif

Upo
Jacqueline's Reads
May 14, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: C-Money

5 Rule Breaking- I Have a HUGE smile on my face- Beautiful Stars

There’s a reason why Beautiful Broken Rules has rave reviews and ratings, it’s JUST.THAT.GOOD. If you want a fun, happy, light-hearted read that will truly put you in a good mood, then Beautiful Broken Rules is for you.

Emerson (Emmy) is a slut and knows it. She also has three rules for dating guys and she NEVER breaks them.

Rule #1 --- > Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for.

Rule #2 ---- > Never sleep with so
Amber Rose
****** Beautiful Broken Rules is now LIVE!!! http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Broke...

So, emotional, heart wrenching, taking you on a roller coaster stars.

Em is the school slut. She knows it and has no problem sleeping around. But there are rules. Certain rules that she goes by so, she will never have to be put in a situation where, she will get attached or hurt.

The rules

#1. Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for.
#2. Never sleep with someone who is in a known relations
Jamie
Apr 12, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!

Jaxon...

Sexy fine man.. play's football..always been a skirt chaser..love'em and leave'em..

Emerson...

She's the female version of Jaxon....she doesn't mind being the girl that gives it up the most on campus. She enjoys sex and she has nothing to be ashamed about. She's gorgeous and knows it. She's also emotionally unavailable to any man for more than anything but sex. And one of her main rules is to never have sex with one guy more than 3 times...

When Jaxon moves in with his twin and
It's just me Shelly B

Emerson......

“I have three rules: never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship (when this isn't disclosed to me, it is not my fault), and finally, never sleep with someone more than three times."

She's the school slut but she's ok with that because she hates or just refuses to be in a relationship. So she made some rules and she tries to stick by them. She's lost important people in her life and she doesn't want to go through tha
Vishous

I so wanted to like this book more but I just couldn't. It started really promising and I really liked Em as a character but honestly with time she became really annoying and I didn't feel anything toward her as a character except she made me feel utter frustration.

When it comes to Em and Jax as couple.... well honestly I felt nothing there! Nothing at all! I had a feeling like author wanted to insert so much drama in first 50% that I was actually afraid to read what will happen next.

They as a c
May 17, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 “I’m-in-love-with-Texas” Stars!!!!!!!!!!

Slut - sketch. by calligraphuck, via Flickr

We all have a little slut in us, don’t we?

Is it just me?

Emerson is a slut. She knows it. She knows why she’s a slut. She has three rules that she sticks to in order to keep herself safe. Don’t we all create rules for ourselves to keep us safe? Even if we recognize that we’re even doing it. But E
Kellie Maddox-Ward
May 18, 2013 Kellie Maddox-Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kellie Maddox-Ward by: Mersina

I loved this book soooo much!

I seriously
 photo hughim_zps1fb29e31.jpg

You know the normal storyline of college NA romances...

2 People from opposite worlds meet
Tattooed/pierced motorcycle riding bad boy
Preppy princess
Insta chemistry
He’s a man whore
She’s a virgin
He pursues her, and drops all other women.
There’s always an ex bitch causing trouble
She falls for him but doesn’t want to cos he’s bad news
He falls hard for her, but feels he doesn’t deserve her
They screw up
Are too stubborn to do anything so break up
Miserabl
Jessica's Book Review
Read More Reviews | Find Me on Facebook

“One thing I know for sure and have come to terms with- I’m the school slut.”

description

Yep, that is Emerson or Em as she likes to be called. That is how you are introduced to Em on the very first page and well, she is right; she’s the school slut. Em has had a lot of loss & pain in her life. Her parents died when she was 15 and she learned love does not last forever. Either they die or they cheat on you. Because of this she has created three rules to live by
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*

Oh how I loved this book!! It had been on my short list for a while but I just kept letting other things get in front of it. Wow, it was amazing!!

Meet Emerson

"Your voice is a little like cocaine. You could bottle that stuff up and sell it. Can I pay you just to talk to me all day?"

She's the self proclaimed school slut. No seriously, that's the way she refers to herself. She admits openly she likes guys and sex and doesn't mind being known for it. The thing is there's things that happened in
Imy♥♥
After noticing how many books I have in my paused folder on my Kindle, I decided that I would for the foreseeable future try - however hard it may be, to finish them.

I hate pausing books. It's a complete waste of money, though at the same time it's hardly putting a hole in my wallet with the little they do cost on Kindle. At least that's what I tell myself at the time.

I'll most likely regret putting myself through the torture of re-reading paused books, especially the ones where I cant remember
Amy (Foxy)

Emerson has three rules for her life:
1. Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for
2. Never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship
3. Never sleep with someone more than three times

Emerson was named after Ralph Waldo Emerson who this quote is from.
Growing up this quote is something her mother would say to her:
description

A piece of advice from Emerson's step mom:
"Don't hold back your life because of the choices someone else made."

Emerson has decide if she wants to take a chance and t
Annie Brewer
Okay, I fucking bought this book! I want to read it. I can't wait. The reviews are remarkable. The cover is amazing! The blurb is captivating. The names are so unique and I love them. Now....I just need to find the time to read this because it's calling to me. Screaming my name...and it's getting louder and louder and LOUDER! STOP YELLING AT ME!!!!!!!! Look how many books I've started....fuck! I need to prioritize.

Okay, mini review over. I'll find time in the next week to read. Yay! :)
Nikki
5 Incredible Amazing Can't believe this is a debut novel I have a new favorite author stars! :-)

So I'm just going along doing my GR thing... And I get a book rec from a friend for this book. Like I usually do, I check out the blurb and see what its all about then check the recommender's review. After all that I check the price.

* Blurb sounded pretty awesome: ✔
* Review is enough to make me want to read it: ✔
* Price is one that I'm willing to pay: ✔

So I one click and decide to go ahead and star
Tough Critic Book Reviews
3.5~Stars

I started out totally loving this book. Praise sweet virgin baby Buddha, finally a girl that gets to wear the dick for once. I'm so sick of hot manwhores with their de-virginizing overalls popping cherries right and left.

In Beautifully Broken Rules the girl gets to do the sleeping around. The girl gets to be the dude! And it. Is. Awesome!!!! It was about damn time a confident, sexual heroine took her "I love sex" axe and chopped down the damn cherry tree! Hooray!!!!!!

However, once I got
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 stars.

This was a very enjoyable read with the exception of my hatred for runners in books. :) It fits in well along with other general NA books. It had a great storyline and kept me interested and was an easy read.
Michelle
May 26, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Emerson Moore was the school slut - and she was fine with it; she embraced it even. She knew how to protect her heart and she planned to use that to her advantage to avoid ever feeling that kind of hurt again.

She had three simple rules:
Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for
Never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship.
Never sleep with someone more than three times.

These ensured that she never became someone's girlfriend and stayed clear of falling into a relationship
Fanny
Sep 13, 2013 Fanny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

He estado esperando por Beautiful Broken Rules desde hace mas de un año, cuando vi la portada en un blog y lei la sinopsis me enamore completamente.

Al empezar la lectura tenia un poco de miedo, habia esperado tanto ppder leerlo que me daba panico que la historia me decepcionara, no se si algunas vez han sentido lo mismo respecto a un libro.

El libro en ningun momento me decepciono, al contrario con cada capitulo que leia me enganchaba mas y me gustaba aun mas los personajes, aunque tengo que reco
New Adult Corner: This topic has been closed to new comments. Nov. 16th-30th Book: Beautiful Broken Rules 12 21 Jan 05, 2014 03:23AM
Is there another book coming out? 7 255 Jan 02, 2014 06:50AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Chapters 11-15 8 18 Nov 05, 2013 08:20PM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Chapters 6-10 12 14 Nov 04, 2013 05:38AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Chapters 1-5 12 28 Oct 26, 2013 01:04AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Spoiler Thread 1 28 Oct 19, 2013 03:20PM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Chapters 16-20 1 6 Oct 19, 2013 03:11PM
  • Kiss This (The McCallans, #1)
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity, #2)
  • Broken and Screwed 2 (BS, #2)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Dangerous to Know & Love
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Long After (Sometimes Never, #3)
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • Exposure (East Park, #1)
  • Going Under
  • There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • More Than Her (More Than, #2)
  • Brother's Keeper
  • Playing Patience (Blow Hole Boys, #1)
Find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyLaur...

Kimberly Lauren is the bestselling author of Beautiful Broken Rules, Beautiful Broken Mess and Beautiful Broken Promises. Kimberly currently lives in Texas with her husband, son and their three dogs. She is a wanderer, an adventurer, and a traveler. She hasn’t seen it all but it’s on her list. Lately, if she’s not traveling or chasing a
More about Kimberly Lauren...

Broken (3 books)
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)

“You're my heart. You don't walk away from your heart," he whispered in my ear.” 149 likes
“He finished quickly, closed my fingers into my palm and kissed them. I slowly uncurled them to read his message, which was written boldly across the expanse of my palm. One word that screamed a whole lot more.

MINE.”