Start by marking “After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)” as Want to Read:
After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)

After the Fire

(Through Hell and Back #2)

A single bullet destroyed the dreams of Dr. Jordan Peterson. With his lover dead, Jordan descends into an endless spiral of self-destruction that nearly costs him his friends, his career and his life. When Jordan finds himself working closely with the aloof Lucas Conover, the investment banker’s mysterious past and unexpected kindness shocks him back into a life and emotio ...more
Published February 23rd 2015 by Loose Id

Start your review of After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Second Chance Stars***

"We all need someone. There are those nights when the dark is so black and thick, you can't see yourself, and all you wish for is someone to hold on to. So you reach across those empty sheets of silence, groping and grasping, hoping you'll touch something, anything warm and alive."

This is quite the addictive series! I usually don't binge read series where each book is about a different couple, but after finishing A Walk Through Fire, I just couldn't get the
~Mindy Lynn~
POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!
Things ended pretty horrific for Jordan at the end of the last book. I will admit that this man was hard to like in the last book and I wasn't sure if that was going to be any different when I started this book. But you would have to be made out of stone not to feel any sympathy for this man who lost his person. It was devastating reading about it in the last book and that devastation followed into this book.
Jordan is a mess. He's drinking too much and popping Xanax's like t
Debra

Felice Stevens has quickly become a must read for me. I liked this one even better than A Walk Through Fire. If you haven't read that story first, then stop here because there will be spoilers and you really can't go into this book without having read the first.

Jordan was not very likable in A Walk Through Fire, but losing his fiance Keith so suddenly and violently at the end of that was gut wrenching. After the Fire picks up nine months after that event and Jordan is continuing so spir
Chris
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
Well this is an intense series - there is so much hurt & angst, page after page of emotions. It really is not for the faint hearted reader or for someone who wants fluffy ! This is Lucas' book and while he found love with Jordan, who was recovering- badly, from Keith's death, for me this was about his eventual reunion with his brother Ash. I know this was secondary to the romance and rebuilding of Jordan but I spent my whole time waiting for the unveiling of pain and for Ash to get his chance to ...more
Kade Boehme
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous. Felice crafts such wonderful love stories.
Annery
***Second read/listen 12/13/19-12/14/19***
Same thoughts as before. I enjoyed revisiting with these folks, it's a bit on the heavy with 'issues', but none fake or contrived. My only 'take-back' would be that how soon Jordan moves on or not from his loss is none of my business. Presumptuous of me to judge how a human heart can heal from loss. Who am I to say?

***First read/listen 8/3/17 -8/6/17***
This is book 2 in the “Through Hell and Back” series narrated by the excellent Kale Williams. I’d say t
Paul
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought_it
I finished this late last night and needed to let it settle before writing anything down.

First, if you're not reading Felice Stevens books, you need to fix that pronto and go grab one! :)

Second... as book 2 in this series, please read book 1 A Walk Through Fire or you'll not only miss out on a wonderful book, but you'll miss out on some of the details that help explain things in this book.

As someone who has lost the love of their life (thankfully not so tragically as Jordan lost Keith), I could
Jaime
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audio book second time through and loved this story just as much as the original time ~ 5 stars!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Well I'm glad I finally read this one. I started with book three, then one, now I finally get the full picture.

Jordan's heartbreak and easy slide into addiction from his Xanax dependency in his grief over Keith's death (in book one) is very easy to understand. However, I hated the lack of communication with Lucas. Not that I believe an addict is going to readily admit their addiction, but it didn't all ring true to reality. There was so much emotional damage and poor communication in this book
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

3 stars.

I had a difficult time reading After The Fire. I began it immediately after reading its predecessor, and it's taken me weeks to finish it. Well-written, with an intriguing, well-thought-out storyline, with a diverse set of characters, Felice Stevens pulled me in. But at some point, the grasp lessened and I drifted away.

My main issue is consistency with the characterization. The protagonists are gay professionals in thei
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
#‎love‬ ‪#‎mustclick‬ ‪#‎powerful‬ and ‪#‎hot‬ http://amzn.to/1Artbze
I adore this series from author Felice Stevens and I truly believe it should be read in order so if you have not read book 1 A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back) please stop reading this review and 1-click it because as the blurb for
After the Fire (Through Hell and Back ) book 2 reveals an event in book 1 that shapes the Dr Jordan Peterson the reader meets in this story.

This book opens with a heart wrenching s
Mihaela
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Originally posted on http://mikkysworldofbooks.blogspot.fr...

I’m so happy Felice decided to make the second installment in this series Jordan’s story. The way A Walk through Fire ended left me heartbroken for him.

Losing someone you care about is never easy but losing your lover, the person you were planning to spend the rest of your life with it’s devastating.

Jordan is spiraling out of control and no one is able to pull him out of that vicious circle.

Lucas “Luke” has shut himself out from all k
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews

♥Brilliant Story Plot ✔
Len Evans Jr
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book totally wrecked me... there were a few times where I just had to stop and take some time away from reading it because it literally just hurt too much. I read book one of this series alittle more than a year ago. It killed me so much that evern though I had bought all three books in the series at the same time it took me this long to come back to this series again. Ms. Stevens is hands down my absolute favorite m/m author. She makes me feel like no other author. Reading this book was no ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*This book was provided to me by the author/publisher via Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for an honest review*

I am so glad Felice wrote this story. I was so heartbroken for Jordan at the end of "A Walk Through Fire".

After 4 years of being in a loving relationship Jordan's Fiancé Keith is taken from him by a bullet. Even after 9 months Jordan is still so heartbroken, lost, barely existing or functioning. The only thing that holds Jordan on this earth and stops him from ending it al
Valerie Degeorge
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AFTER THE FIRE:Through Hell And Back #2

This is Dr. Jordan Peterson's story, who we met in book one. This book starts off nine months after where book one leaves off with Jordan still mourning the loss of his fiancé Keith.
I'll have to admit I wasn't a fan of him before but in this book we see a different side to him, he's so broken and basically given up his will to live.
Jordan has pushed his friends aside and he is caring guilty with him that is preventing him moving forward.

I love how we get
Jackie's Book Review
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The saying "Through Hell and Back" is what Jordan Peterson has dealt with the last nine months after losing his finance Keith Hart tragically. For Jordan trying to pick up the pieces of his now broken life is virtually unbearable for him, and let alone to move forward-impossible.

That is until Luke Conover is brought into his life and now Jordan who never in a million years thought that he would feel for another person or feel at all has come full fledged. A meeting that Jordan has been left as K
Raj
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
A hard book to read but well worth the effort.I liked the fact that there was no magical cure for the trauma that was endured by any of the characters in this series & that every day that dawned for them was a blessing & a testimony of their will to survive & love.
Tracy Perry
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional ride this book was, so worth the tears though!! Well Done Felice & I'm hoping for book 3! ;) ...more
Claudia
all in all a good story but I had troubles with the characters. not so much Jordan but Lucas, who was difficult as a partner and brother
now I am curious to read Brandon story
Hemmel
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was ok
I was underwhelmed. It did not feel realistic too me. I thought the dialogue focused on analyzing emotions and behavior too much to believe these were men talking. And Luke not knowing addicts lie did not fit with his past. And the casual meeting with a psychiatrist in a coffee shop, where they talk about several issues in a quarter of an hour, where normally people take weeks to finish an intake, is ludicrous.
Three Chicks
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 star Review by Jen Skewes

After The Fire is the second installment in the Through Hell and Back Series. I think you could technically read this one as a stand alone but I think reading the first book A Walk Through Fire would give you a better understanding of the characters and their relationships. If you have not read A Walk Through Fire yet then please note that this review may contain spoilers.

Dr Jordan Peterson had it all. A fantastic career, two best friends that he lovess and an amazi
Love Bytes Reviews
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Amber

This author was not joking when she named this series “Through Hell and Back.” Damn, these men are tortured souls. When book #1 ended I really didn’t know how Jordan was going to survive that huge loss. I knew it was going to be bad but I wasn’t prepared for how bad it actually was. This series is so painful, but it also has these incredibly beautiful, hopeful moments too.

Dr. Jordan Peterson lost the man he was going to marry to horrible violence. It’s been months and he st
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

When I read the snipped at the end of A Walk Through Fire I knew this book won’t be easy. We have the story of Jordan, the friend of Drew who lost his fiancé in a gunshot. As the reader we knew the reason from the book, but I can say you can read the book without former knowledge and still be captured.

It is hard to see Jordan so devastated at the beginning of the book. You really suffer with him but you have also th
Cathy
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cathy by: Alma and Lelyana
This book is wonderful! It is about love lost, love found, and the struggles a person goes through to get back to the land of the living. It is about redemption, finding one's strengths, recognizing your weaknesses, and having the courage to ask for, and to accept help. It is about trust, and family, and knowing that the people you love will stand by you, and lend the strength to help you weather the storm that life throws at you.

Lucas Conover is key in helping Jordan get through his self destr
Macky
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars rounded up*
I haven't read book one in this series, but I do know that its ending is very much tied into what makes up the heart of this story, so I admit, not having all the information, I was a bit wary going in because of the thought that I might be missing out on something important. Actually Felice gave enough back story for me to catch up pretty quick, but I have to say I think reading this without getting to know all the characters and their back stories did take something away
Mandie Foxylutely
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This is the second book in the Through Hell and Back series, and this time we catch up with Jordan and his unlikely connection with Ash’s long lost ‘brother’ Luke.

The story picks up after that devastating end where Jordan’s fiancé Keith was killed. To me, Jordan was not really likable in the first book due to his bluntness and blinkered view of Ash, plus those hurtful comments that did not help Drew in his budding romance with Ash. Howe
Angie
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
This is the second book in the series and I highly recommend you read the first book to get the full effect of this book. We see characters from the first book who are also in this story and we get some resolution with Asher’s past. Jordan’s lover was killed and now his life is on the path of self-destruction. He isn’t eating, sleeping, working, only popping pills to make the pain go away. Keith’s will stated th
Carly
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved Luke's character. He has a lot of emotional damage from his past, but still finds himself falling, and staying, in love with Jordan, despite a few bumps along the way. It takes great courage to open yourself to love. I was also excited to see his interactions Ash, as book one left off on a bit of a cliff-hanger as far as the brother were concerned.

Jordan was a harder character to identify with. There was so much going on emotionally with him that it felt a little over the top. The upheav
Marti
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Gag....

This book goes from 0-100 every damn chapter.. I swear to God. One big mindf*ck.
And there is so much drama that at the end I was almost crying and mumbling to myself 'please, no more.. please'.. Dead lover, drug abuse, angst, drama, mention of sexual abuse, rape, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, more drama and can't exactly remember but I think there was sth about suicide attempt.. doesn't matter. Next we have assault and battery and cherry on top - big convo between Ash and Luke. In other
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Finding North
  • Reading the Signs
  • Will & Patrick Fight Their Feelings (Wake Up Married, #4)
  • Grounding Griffin (Made Marian, #4)
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • Winter Waites (Aster Valley #0.5)
  • Imagines (Imago, #2)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • Finding Peace (Finding, #3)
  • Until You (At First Sight, #3)
  • Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
  • Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
  • Always Another Side
  • Brave for You (Oahu Lovers, #1)
  • Going Commando (Heathens Ink, #2)

Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner. She writes books where men live, work and play hard but love each other even harder.
When she isn't writing, you can find her doing one of the things she loves best, interacting with her readers in her Facebook group, Felice's Breakfast Club.

Through Hell and Back (3 books)
  • A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
  • Embrace the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #3)

News & Interviews

“There was nothing Jordan enjoyed more than a challenge, and Lucas Conover was nothing if not a challenge.” 4 likes
“Sometimes it takes a kick in the ass to show us what really is important in life, doesn’t it?” 1 likes