Start by marking “Lily's Outlaw (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lily's Outlaw (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #2)

Lily's Outlaw

(Once A Marine Always A Marine #2)

When photojournalist, Liliana Richardson, agrees to go on assignment in Arizona, she has no idea it could cost her everything. But one wrong picture at the right moment puts her on a lethal drug cartel’s hit list. Kidnapped and held poisoner in a border town, she is certain her life is over, until the bad boy from her past shows up. Now she’s on the run with the only man ...more
Published February 14th 2015 by CoKeA, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Lily's Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lily's Outlaw

Start your review of Lily's Outlaw (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #2)
CC
I got about half through the book when this line came out of the mouth of the hero:

"There are three type of people who join the military:

The screw up who is avoiding jail and wants to blow shit up
The kid who wants to do his mandatory time and get college paid for
The third type wants to kill people."

FUCK YOU AUTHOR!!!!

STOP PROFITING OFF SELLING "MILITARY" THEMED NOVELS WHEN YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN WHO JOIN FOR LOVE OF COUNTRY AND TAKE PRIDE IN DOING SUCH AN IMPORTANT JOB.
I.Heart.Romance
3 Stars

* * * POSSIBLE SPOILERS * * *

BOOK: #2 of the ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE series. Can be read as a standalone. Novella length. Kindle loc: 1550

POV: third person, multiple POVs - H, h, bad guy

EDITING: good - no major errors found

HERO: Jesse James Calhoun, code name Outlaw--Ex-Marine, current security specialist. From a big, loving family with 6 older sisters. A bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks, son of Lily's mother's maid. Wavy blond hair, blue eyes, tall, muscular.

HEROINE:
Books and Spoons
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Romantic suspense, where everything is in its place, just as I like it: the action and suspense is thrilling, the anxiety and fear at times palpable. The romance is real, steamy, yet so sweet and tender that it makes you swoon.
Jesse is just the perfect hero, the protective, caring, and at times overpowering, but still lets her make her own decisions, and mistakes, but is there, having her back, never giving her too hard time about it. He just melted my heart.
Liliana is fierce, self-sufficient,
J
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars. I really enjoyed this short romance/adventure story. About high school sweethearts who meet up later in life when he's a secretive, ex-Marine now employed as a gun for hire and she's a photographer, running from a drug cartel and trying to tie her vicious mother and stepfather to a gun running operation. Fast paced and romantic. I liked it.
Jen_C
3.5 stars rounded up. Good book. Great characters....but Lily did have a TSTL moment. Fair warning that this all takes place in about 48 hours so it's like instalove on speed. They were friends in high school but haven't seen each other in 10 years or so.

June 2016 Amazon Prime borrow.
Steph
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book ...more
Jalina
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Outlook and Lily!

I instantly liked Jesse in the first installment and I am so glad he was able to find love with fiery, fierce and adventurous Lily!
Tiffany Reads It All
Lily's Outlaw is book #2 in Kori David's Once a Marine Always a Marine series. Although I didn't like this one as much as In Zach's Arms, I still found it enjoyable.

When the story opens, photojournalist Liliana (Lily) has been kidnapped by members of a drug cartel and held captive in a border town. Soon after, she's rescued by Jesse, who's a retired Marine and security specialist (who works with Zach from book #1).

Right away, I felt like I had missed something. There's not much setup for the
Tina
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lily’s Outlaw by Kori David is the second book in the Once a Marine Always a Marine series. I will admit this is the first time I have read this series and I was just a tad not a lot but a tad lost at first. I think reading the series in order is better bet. However once I figured out what was going on this book is really good. I loved the strong character of Lily. She was raised with money; she was a budding juvenile delinquent as a kid. She always had her partner in crime Jesse at her side. ...more
Dayreader Reviews
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lily's Outlaw by Kori David is the second book in the Once a Marine Always a Marine series. David did not disappoint with her second book, it started out with full on drama and it did not stop until she said the end.
The song that came to my mind while reading this book was an old Bon Jovi song "Blaze of Glory". I could see some of the scene being acted out with that song being played in the background.

David really made this one action packed little novella that I could not put down. She has put
Merle
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a better story than the first Once A Marine saga. J.J. (Jesse James) Calhoun, code name Outlaw, has taken on a mission to retrieve precious cargo from a drug cartel in Mexico. Said cargo turns out to be Lily Richardson, old high school chum and stood-up prom date. There's a lot of baggage between bad-boy son of a housekeeper and daughter of the town's richest woman, now Governor of the state.

There's a lot more going on here, lots of intrigue and double-crossing. There's also a redemption
Birdie
Jul 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I feel the same way about this book, as I did about the first one. Quick read, very fast paced (unbelievably so, in all aspects), and AGAIN-- multiple TSTL moments for the h.

I also question... who is less than 24 hours from being kidnapped, and all she can think about is hot sex with the H? That seemed far fetched, even for these books.

I actually enjoyed this book more than the first one because I felt that the story line was a little more compelling. I liked Lily, stupid decisions and all.
Gh Lover
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a good story

Great quick little read. Rich, sexy, fun, believable characters. Action and adventure that is believable and fast paced. No dragging out the story. Must go find the rest of the series.
AWB
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Lily wasn't as bad as Elizabeth (previous books h). But her keeping secrets was frustrating. However, Jesse's ability to read her and predict her stupidity was awesome. I'll keep going with this series.
Kerry
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a fairly quick read but certainly wasn't lacking in plot or character development. There were twists and turns throughout the story, and I loved learning more about Lily and Jesse. It was great catching up with Beth and Zach, and I can't wait to read the next book!
Sassy Bama Girl
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series, and this book was a hum dinger! Full of action and suspense! These are different ex-marine books! you need to give them a try!
Lynette
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An nice easy read.
Michele bookloverforever
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella. good dialogue. believable plot. great characters. happy ending.
Carol and Gary Curtis
Good book from a new author for me. Liked the plot and the characters were enjoyable. The romance was nicely crafted and fun to follow. Will read more from this author.
Hot Reading Mom
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short but good read
Keri
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jesse

Glad Jesse got his story good adventure and romance some language wanted to keep her safe loved and married her because that's what he was missing
Samshepcap
Sep 08, 2017
Sajsmalone
rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2016
Cat Brown
Jan 23, 2016
Lindsay
Dec 17, 2015

• Last Chance Rebel (Copper Ridge, #6)
  • Part Time Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #1)
  • Brokedown Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #2)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Slow Burn Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #7)
  • Down Home Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #8)
  • Christmastime Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #10)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • Shoulda Been a Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #0.5)
  • Wild Ride Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #9)
  • Hometown Heartbreaker (Copper Ridge, #3.5)
  • Tough Luck Hero (Copper Ridge, #5)
  • The Note
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Gratitude Daily
  • The Broken Canvas: Good Woman Gone Bad
  • The Secrets for Self-Growth: 21 Exercises for Personal Development and How To Be Happy (Self Reliance)
  • How to Change Your Mind: Learn How to Rewire Your Brain and Achieve Healthier Thought Patterns for a Better Quality of Life

Once A Marine Always A Marine (3 books)
  • In Zach's Arms (Once A Marine Always A Marine, #1)
  • Finding Dani (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #3)