Start by marking “One-Skein Wonders® for Babies: 101 Knitting Projects for Infants Toddlers” as Want to Read:
One-Skein Wonders® for Babies: 101 Knitting Projects for Infants  Toddlers

One-Skein Wonders® for Babies: 101 Knitting Projects for Infants Toddlers

This irresistible collection offers 101 original knitting projects for babies and toddlers -- each using just a single skein of yarn! From mittens and hats to tees, sweaters, hoodies, pants, dresses, socks, and bootees, you'll find the perfect wearable for every child and every occasion. You'll also discover beautiful bibs, blankets, and sleep sacks, plus adorable stuffed ...more
Published September 8th 2015 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about One-Skein Wonders® for Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One-Skein Wonders® for Babies

sue
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, crafts

This is a beautifully illustrated book, I so enjoyed looking at all the patterns in there for these little babies, nothing like knitting baby things. Other knitters will understand that.

There are whole outfits to hats and mittens.

I especially loved the little sleeveless pullover, I remember using that pattern on an adult jumper I knitted for one of my brothers many years ago.

This is a book I will be keeping and constantly referring to.

Its got some easy instructions there and graphs to follow to
Polly Clarke
There are several patterns that I plan to use in the immediate future and some that may be used later on down the road. The presentation of the patterns i.e the layout is not as professional as I thought it might be and I haven't knitted any of the garments yet so I couldn't say for certain how well they can be made up. This would have been a 4 star if some of the patterns had multiple size variations. Many have been written with 1 size in mind. I may update this review once I have knitted some ...more
Holly Scudero
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: san-francisco-br
There is not a parent anywhere who doesn’t absolutely love a hand-knitted gift for their new baby. For a good-sized collection of (mostly) simple knitting projects for babies and toddlers, look no further than “One-Skein Wonders for Babies.” This collection, edited by Judith Durant, features 101 fun knitting projects for the little ones in your life. There are a wide variety of ideas in this book: the usual hats, booties, and blankets; shirts and pants; dresses; jackets for all ages; and even a ...more
Ann
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love getting preview copies of craft books. This is a great one with a wide variety of baby projects to knit and has all skill levels. From Blankets, toys and clothes you can choose your project. Good pictures and easy to follow instructions. A must for a knitter who's a new grandma.
Mazzou B
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
to get out from library again
Gwen
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love any kind of knitting book that can provide projects using one skein of yarn. I have lots of one here, one there of yarn. I made a baby hat for my charity group and it turned out great.
Ramona
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting
I accidently picked this up at the library. I had wanted the book for crocheting! But...this was wonderful and it makes me want to try and learn knitting....again. My mother-in-law was a lefty, and I was a righty... and I just couldn't pick it up from her. No problem with the crocheting though...strange. anyways. wonderful pictures of finished products, on babies....so cute. Easy to follow instructions, illustrations of pattern stitch and garment. It is divided into subjects...little tops, littl ...more
Suzie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of great knits for baby

A lot of great patterns for baby in this book from hats, bonnets, sweaters, both pullovers & cardigan, toys, blankets all using one skein of yarn. Perfect gifts for any baby in your life or just because.
Carolyn Page
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
D'awwww..... I can't use this book without inciting public speculation (sadly) but this is a treasure trove for anybody wanting a stash-buster set of projects.
Linda Satterfield
Great patterns and stitch guides

Easy to read and the directions are simple to comprehend. Love the projects. A great selection of patterns provided, as well.
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting, want-to-own
I have read this book before but found it again.
Things I love about this book
1. ways to use up my stash of yarn and all those one ball of yarns
2. a range of baby projects - with a range of styles and yarn types
3. the patterns are easy to follow
4. they make great gifts!
Bridgett
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher for review.
Adorable, cute, fun, modern, colourful. Just a few words that spring to mind once you open the covers of this book. I seriously had a hard time to pick a favourite project. Alas, pick one I did and let me tell you, it's the fat kitty. it's just to cuddly cute and I will have to make one for myself!
A close runner up was the graphic kitty, though.

The book itself is has a great layout. I love that the patterns are sorted by what part of the body t
Lara
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: knitters
Like the other One-Skein books, this one has a variety of patterns from a large number of designers. The design of the book is excellent--each pattern has a photograph, full information on supplies (including yarn weight, yardage, material, and gauge), written and charted stitch directions, and a schematic with measurements. The majority of patterns are single-sized and for infants, with a few having multiple sizes or for toddlers. There are a couple of mommy and me patterns, and a number of toy ...more
Nayuleska
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sometimes knitters have an odd ball of yarn which isn't enough to make a big project, but a smaller one is needed. That's where this book is useful! The range of projects is extensive, including accessories, clothes, blankets, and of course baby items which as a smaller product suit using 1 skein.

I did a cute baby bootie! I didn't note down the pattern name because I thought I'd still be able to access it when I wrote the review. Unfortunately I've gone into the program and unlike novels appare
Shannon
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think that I have read all the books in the One-Skein Wonders series and I always want to love them but often find the patterns disappointing. I have yet to cast-on a project from the previously published book.

Enter One-Skein Wonders for Babies... Not only does this book offer wonderful value (101 different patterns!) but many of the patterns are very cute and gift-worthy. There are patterns for blankets, sweaters, dresses, socks, mittens, bibs, toys, pants, and more! I really can't get over
Paula
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book for NetGalley.

I am a big fan of Judith Durant's books. I have read several of them and have been impressed with her friendly and authoritative writing as well as the patterns and information in her books. I was not disappointed with this one.

This book is chock full of cute, adorable and doable patterns for babies and toddlers. Because only one to three skeins of yarn are usually involved (depending on if the suggested yarn is used or a substituted yarn), the garments are rel
Tina Martinez
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adore the One-Skein Wonders series, and the Babies edition doesn't disappoint. The projects are beautifully photographed, the patterns are gorgeous, and all are well written. An added bonus for me is that charts are generous in the book where appropriate, which makes for compact and easy to work projects.

As with all of the OSW books, the range of patterns is breathtaking. Clothing, toys, accessories, it's all there. Laid out in sections based on type of project, it's easy to navigate. As fans
Haley Mathiot
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love babies. I love the One-skein wonders series. So it’s natural that I would love this book.

I love knitting and crocheting but I’m not the most patient long-term project minded person. I also really like pictures. Generally I decide what to make (knit, sew, cook) based on the picture. That’s one thing I really like about this book: all the patterns have at least one picture (usually more) plus diagrams! I also really like the page-layout and the color-blocks.

This is perfect for anyone who w
Polly Krize
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Small projects that work up fast are favorites with many knitters, myself included. This is a great addition to the One-Skein series of books. It seemed that the projects may be for the more experienced knitter, but the instructions are straightforward and the photos definitely help in construction of these perfect little gifts. Recommended.
Diane
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has some great projects that can be done with just one skein of yarn! It is beautifully illustrated with well-written patterns. I was very impressed because I liked all the projects. I will be purchasing this book for my shelves.

I received a digital ARC copy of this book from the publisher, Storey Publishing, LLC, via Netgalley.
Leyla Johnson
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What fun with all those spare balls of wool. There are beanies, vests and even some rugs and all of them different and ever so cute. One ball is so quick to knit up and they make some lovely gifts for the babies in your life.
The patterns are well written and fairly simple to do for a beginner.
This book provided free in return for a honest and unbiased review.
Cheryl Sanders
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The pictures of all these baby items are just gorgeous. I don't really see much for the beginning knitter but for the more experienced, there is plenty. There are beautiful blankets, cute clothing items, and toys too! There is more than enough to keep the knitter in you occupied for quite some time.

Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Heather Burns-Schmidtke
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Utterly adorable and fun projects! I made a few different things for my niece and her parents loved them. As always these "One-skein" books have excellent information and thorough instructions for each project. Read as an ARC through netgalley.com.
Critterbee❇
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, crafty, f
A wonderful book full of quick, adorable knitting patterns that require one skein or less of yarn. Featuring a wide variety of patterns.

The "One-Skein" series has been very popular in our library; this addition will certainly be a must-read for any knitter.

**eARC netgalley**
Elizabeth
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There are quite a few beautiful patterns included that I will want to revisit when I become better skilled. Simpler ones are included, which would be perfect for a dedicated beginner.
Elizabeth
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Would definitely recommend this book for anyone looking to knit for babies.. lots of cute and well written patterns.
Michelle
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
This book has a lot of simple, but nice projects. I definitely want to come back to this in the future.
June Jacobs
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fantastic photography and adorable projects make this book a must-have for serious knitters.

I borrowed this book from the New Book shelf in our local public library.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Judith Durant is a knitter and beadworker as well as author and editor of several books on both subjects. Trained as a theatrical costume designer, she took a circuitous route through various costume shops in New York, on to a New York theatrical book publishing house, and then to Interweave Press in Colorado, where she was book editor and one of the founding editors of Interweave Knits.

Judith is