Start by marking “Wrapped in Red: Mistletoe Mantra / White Hot Holiday” as Want to Read:
Wrapped in Red: Mistletoe Mantra / White Hot Holiday

Wrapped in Red: Mistletoe Mantra / White Hot Holiday

'Tis the season for finding passion and rediscovering love…

Mistletoe Mantra
by Nana Malone

Published October 20th 2015 by Harlequin Kimani

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped in Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped in Red

Carmen
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christmas Romance Fans
STORY ONE: MISTLETOE MANTRA by Nana Malone

Nomi is a 22-year-old journalist who is 'forced' to go back to her hometown after a five year absence to find a reclusive photographer and convince him to put some photos in her magazine's spread.

Lincoln is Nomi's best friend's twin brother. I guess he's had a crush on Nomi for years and years. Now she's coming back to Virginia and he sees a chance to tell her how he feels.

One guess as to whom the mysterious and reclusive photographer is. Yeah. Typical.

A
Marsha
Dealing as they do with American Christmases, I was prepared for the usual amount of sappy idealizing about the holiday, like those inevitable Christmas albums that come out with the familiar carols bowdlerized by famous celebrities. While Christmas is the backdrop, it’s the characters themselves that merit attention.

In the first story, “Mistletoe Mantra”, I found myself irked by Nomi’s unprofessional attitude once she runs into the shy, nerdy boy-turned-hunk that is Lincoln Porter. He’s determi
Diana Francis
Oct 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Received from Netgalley.

This book is actually two novellas about Christmas, both contemporary romances. I don't really have a lot to say about them. I found them fine, but not really all that appealing to me on an emotional level. I'll go one at a time.

Tis the season for finding passion and rediscovering love…
wrapped
Mistletoe Mantra by Nana Malone

Geri
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a great second chance at love story! Linc has been head over heels for his twin sister's best friend forever and is the one that helped her leave town and him when her young heart was broken by her then boyfriend. Years later her job brings her to her hometown at Christmas time which also happens to be the time of the year she hates the most in her little home town because the whole town goes all out for Christmas and it is also the time of the year that her heart was broken. When she sees ...more
Karlee
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe Mantra: When Nomi has to return home to Faith, VA to find Nolan Polk, she doesn't expect to fall in love. She has bad memories of her home town and promised to never return back. Lincoln, the twin of her best friend Jilly picks her up at the train station when she finally makes it home, he tells her he'll help her find this Polk guy. Little does she know, Lincoln and Nolan are one in the same. Will he be able to keep his secret from her? The more the two hang out, the more they start t ...more
Tracy Hale
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this two for one book. This was a first read for me of Nana Malone, and it won't be the last. If you looking for a holiday read no matter the time frame this is a great one to relax and enjoy.
Shone
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe Mantra and White Hot Holiday by Nana Malone and Sherelle Green respectively are two very engaging stories. As I finished reading both stories I wished for more.
Reading in Black & White
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Both novellas were cute and followed the holiday romance formula that I love so much. A full review will be posted upon the book's release.
April
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Christmas romances!
Dorel
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mistletoe Mantra : I love Nana Malone books. This book's story line was good. I really liked the hot & steamy scenes. I liked the chemistry in this story. I liked Nomi's character. I felt sorry for Nomi. I liked Linc's character.  I liked the ending.
White Hot Holiday: This is the 2nd book I read by Sherelle Green. This book's story was good. I liked the hot & steamy scenes. I liked Sage's character. I felt sorry for Sage. I liked Grayson's character. I liked what Grayson did for Sage. Th
Amy
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review is for Mistletoe Mantra.
Nomi’s job is taking her back home…a place where 5 years ago she vowed to never return. When the coworker who is competing with her for a Senior Editor position jumps at the chance to go, she must suck it up and head to Faith, VA. Hopefully she’ll be able to do the job at hand, find the brilliant, but reclusive, photographer, Nolan Polk, and get out of town before Christmas and before her family finds out she is there. With it being so close to the holidays, t
Dafort
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
CONCEPT
The concept of the story this the season for rediscovering love.
STORY
Mistletoe Mantra by Nana Malone
Returning to her Virginia hometown where her fiancé dumped her—years earlier on Christmas Eve—is making Nomi Adams croon the holiday blues. She needs to find the reclusive photographer who can advance her magazine career. However, Lincoln Porter's on his own rescue mission this yuletide. Because during this season of love and renewal, Faith, Virginia, looks to be a place for second chances
Books and Spoons
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Two warm and delightful Christmas novellas in one book, both with a focus on old friends, finding love over Christmas time, the support of a family, and second, if not third chances to get it right.
I enjoyed both of the stories, they are sweet, yet steamy with passion. They highlight the importance of being friends first, then lovers, and how family is important, always.
In the first story, Mistletoe Mantra, Lincoln has been in love with Nomi for years, and now when they finally have a chance, th
Sara
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mistletoe Mantra was a quick second chance romance. I enjoyed it, but I felt like the premise read a little too much like a formula. Girl has bad experience with boy, runs away with help of guy crushing on her, becomes successful, must return home...etc etc. It was a cute read, and put together well, it was just very predictable, as I turned the page I was like this is the part where they get together, this is the part something goes wrong, the reader could see everything coming.

Nomi struck me
Melissa
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review for Mistletoe Mantra

This book is in a book called Wrapped in Red. I only read this one, but I would love to read Hot White Holiday by Sherelle Green. This book was different. It was not the normal boy meets girl, and they have issues to make it back to one another. This time the girl goes home after being away for 5 years. There was no idea that romance would be in the picture.

Nomi was 17 when she left home the last time after having her heart broken by Brad. Now she is back successful. N
Marlene
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Mistletoe Mantra is a terrific little holiday story that puts together some tried-and-oh-so-true romance themes and wraps them up in a red Christmas bow. This is story where, as Nana says in her guest post below, nice guys do not finish last. Not only that, but this particular nice guy has been hiding a big streak of naughty from his best friend for years and year. Because while Nomi Adams has never figured out it, she has always been Lincoln Porter’s “litt
Annette
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mistletoe Mantra (ARC) ****

Pretty good, fast paced story about a couple with past hurts and when their insecurities are tested, have to decide if they’re going to keep running or take a chance on love.

Nomi is proud of being the career-driven woman she's always wanted to become, but returning to Faith, VA for Christmas is not what she ever wants to do. Knowing that if she doesn't return & find the reclusive photographer, Nolan Polk, then her competitive co-worker may find him and get the prom
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a good story but could have really benefited from a good editing. There were lots of misspelled words, incorrect words used, etc. Something that I saw at least twice was when the Character Nomi had her name spoken to her (and it said Nomi) she would say something like, I go by Nomi....excuse me....those are spelled the same way. If the pronunciation is different, spell it differently to show the difference to us. It threw me off every time.

The story concept itself was really nice. Loved
Niki Driscoll
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Mistletoe Mantra

This was a quick fun read dealing with two characters who have made some bad decisions. Nomi said she would never return to her hometown when she left 5 years before. Having to return to locate a photographer she wants a photo from is not making her feel warm and fuzzy. Linc has loved Nomi since they were kids, with her coming home to look for the photographer he is hoping for a second chance to get her to fall for him and protect his secret. This was a good story, it keeps your
P.
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review is for Mistletoe Mantra only as I haven't read White Hot Holiday. I received ARC version for honest review.

This was a beautifully written novella for the upcoming holiday season. I thought Nomi and Lincoln/Nolan together make a sweet young couple. Both have been burned by, what they thought was, love before. In Nomi's case she ran from her hometown and Lincoln ran back home. Only to come together in that same hometown to find love with each other. In addition, Nomi got a chance to st
Julianne Redmon
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mistletoe Mantra: Cute, sweet and HOT! The relationship between the ambitious journalist and the brother-turned-hottie seemed destined from the second they set eyes on each other again. If I was Nomi I don't know if I would have waited as long as she did to jump Lincoln LOL I loved the interaction with Nomi and Lincoln, but I felt that Nomi's relationship with her mom and dad brought the story down a little. Besides that part of the story the rest of it was great, from the small town atmosphere ...more
*~blerdsmith~*
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed both of these stories. The first one, "Mistletoe Mantra" was enjoyable and kept my interest. Nomi and Linc were both very likeable characters and I was pleased to see their past friendship grow into something more. It was a little fast paced and I do wish some aspects of the story hadn't been glossed over so quickly, but it was a fun read. The second one, "White Hot Holiday" was very sweet; a perfect holiday read. Sage and Grayson were likeable as well and they had a lot of roma ...more
Mspraise50
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wrapped in Red/ Mistletoe Mantra by Nana Malone

***I was given an ARC for an honest review for which I was not paid ***

This is Lincoln and Nomi's story. The couple are both likeable people who have known each other since they were teenagers. They both have had failed relationships which leaves them both with trust issues.

I liked this story because 90% of it was the interaction between the couple them getting to know each other and falling in love. It was a very romantic read and I really enjoyed
Nana Prah
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me two power packed stories that I was able to read in one day. Best of all they provided me with a lovely Christmasy feeling coupled with the ahhh I get after reading a great romance novel.

What I liked most about both stories is that the heroines had to deal with their past and were friends with the heroes which amped up the romance and brought a bit of intrigue to the stories.
Sherri Malia
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome Short Read!
Such a great short read. Nomi and Linc have known each other for a long time. And they have some history (although not as a couple). When they see each other again, Linc helps her and they fall for each other. The story itself was a short read, but it was impossible to put down once I started it. I read it in one sitting. I loved watching them become a couple, tackling their hurdles and their chemistry together.
Toni
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-fiction
In Mistletoe Mantra, Nomi Adams is reluctant to come home where her fiancé dumped her on Christmas Eve. Her job sends her there to find an elusive photographer and she finds so much more.
White Hot Holiday finds college professor Sage Langley escaping Christmas by taking a holiday away from family and friends. Little does she know childhood friend Grayson Ellington plans on joining her.
Both stories were about love and renewal.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Mistletoe Mantra - Nana Malone -Linc & Nomi have a very short time to make a connection to last. This winter holiday season this will all come together for them around a lie from omission.

White Hot Holiday - Sherelle Green -Sage & Grayson both have a Caribbean winter holiday in mind this year. Maybe this holiday season will be the one that makes it worth it all.
Kelly Murphy
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two for one

I enjoy these types of books, especially a good holiday book. Good job ladies, both stories were awesome and I hope there will be a continuation of both. This is a must read.
KJC
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas was HOT!

Both of these stories were smoking hot! The women disliked Christmas and for good reason. They needed Thu right man to change their minds. Grayson and Lincoln do a great job!! Merry Christmas to all!
« previous 1 3 next »
Nana's love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense she borrowed from her cousin. It was a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana, and Nana was a precocious thirteen. She's been in love with kick butt heroines ever since. With her overactive imagination, and channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters.

Waitin